Ascension (Syfy) News/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascension (Syfy) News/Discussion

Anyone going to be catching that new show, ascention about the space "Life boat" that was sent away from earth supposedly in the 60s?

I will definitely give it a shot, though I think its a new mini series rather than a new show.

Comment

I'll try it if the reviews aren't awful.

Comment

And I will matter what the reviews say
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          And I will matter what the reviews say
          I hear you. My default is to watch it, but I do follow a couple of reviewers that have earned my trust. If they both say it's awful, then I'll pass on the series, with gratitude for not having my time wasted. (I'd rather waste it here, apparently.)

Comment

Its impossible for me to waste my time since my time is worthless (paraphrased Futurama reference btw)

Comment

Since it will be running at the same time Scorpion is, i will have to catch it online.

Comment

Your still watching Scorpion? I watched the first episode and have never even considered watching another one. Does the show get better?

Comment

Several episodes, yes. Some like this weeks were Meh..

Comment

"Ascension" started at 6:00 p.m., Pacific Coast Time (which is where I live). Thus far, I'm not at all impressed with it. So unless it gets a lot more interesting, I won't continue watching it.

Comment

With the big 'reveal' at the end that
                      Spoiler:
                      its all a fake big massive project to see how humanity would last out there for 100 years
                      a lot of the interest i had for this has gone down the tube. BUT i will still give the last 2 parts a watch.

Comment

Yes. I will watch it. I like the premise. this will be my Christmas show this year
                        sigpic

Comment

As it stands (having seen roughly three hours of it, the latter parts not nearly final), Ascension has tons of potential and meets a little more than half of it in this early going. But here’s the thing – Ascension almost demands that it be allowed to breathe and grow. It has all the bones to be a good Syfy series and is certainly a better long term bet than Defiance and Dominion.

Excerpted from: 'Ascension': TV Review - The Hollywood Reporter

Best line: "There are, in fact, so many naked butts parading around Ascension – including Helfer’s, in an attempt to break the internet – that Syfy could have called it Asscension instead."

Comment

Interesting premise, but the reveal kind of spoils it, since we now know something nobody on the ship does, they should have left it until the end to do the reveal, or not at all during this jini series if they intended for this to go to series, so they could use it as a big reveal at the end of a season or something.

I've been spoilt by the falling skies way of doing things I think, knowing this now cheapens the 'ship' side of the story.

Spoiler:
                            since we know they're not on a frakking ship lol, but i must admit, it wasn't until the guy was sucked out into space that i twigged, since he didn't seem to be having any ill effects whilst floating away, I think I actually said out loud, that's not space right before he hit the mat lol
                            Last edited by Ian-S; 16 December 2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

On a technical side, I'm quite curious how they're doing artificial gravity on the ship when it's still standing vertically in a launch silo.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X