Clear All

Which is the Bigger Spaceship?

Which spaceship is bigger you think?

Prometheus (Stargate SG-1)

or

Andromeda Ascendant (Andromeda)

or

Moya (Farscape)

To be honest with you, I'm not sure myself. May be someone has some insight. I think it's a safe bet that these ships may never cross paths in crossover shows or anything. So, may be the mystery may never be solved. But, let's say I want to write a fanfic crossover story (Stargate SG-1/Andromeda/Farscape) with these ships. How would you compare them in size?

sigpic
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Were I to guess, I'd say the size order from biggest to smallest would be:

1.) Andromeda
    2.) Moya
    3.) Prometheus.

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Hm, I don't have a good answer for you but I do have a suggestion to help make the comparison.
      You might want to think of crew size for a good estimation. From what I can recall, Andromeda had a crew of 500-ish before she got trapped in time, right? I've never seen Farscape though, so I've got no idea about that, and I can't recall at the moment if they've ever mentioned anything like that on SG-1.
      Sorry if I wasn't that helpful.
      !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

Of the 2 choices given, I woud have to go with....the Enterprise. (Galaxy class)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

i've realised that compared to other ships in the Stargate universe eg Anubis' ships, ship from grace and asgard prometheus is tiny and sucks
          Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

Moya at 1542 meters in length
            Andromeda at 1301 meters in length
            Prometheus at ~450 meters or 10 times the size of an Al'kesh

http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison.gif
            http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison_huge.gif

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by furling
              i've realised that compared to other ships in the Stargate universe eg Anubis' ships, ship from grace and asgard prometheus is tiny and sucks
              Well the Prometheus is fairly primitive. It is able to stand up to other ships fairly well but it has to be 5 or 6 times bigger to fit everything into it. In the SG universe it doesn't seem to be too much of a disadvantage with hyperspace and things like that but as we saw in the last SG episode in the small close quarter fighting the Prometheus is kind of slow and awkward in comparison to some other ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Dahak
                In the SG universe it doesn't seem to be too much of a disadvantage with hyperspace and things like that but as we saw in the last SG episode in the small close quarter fighting the Prometheus is kind of slow and awkward in comparison to some other ships.
                Yeh I thought that the Prometheus looked a bit like a juggernaut for its manouverability even though the size when compared to other ships makes it seem small. But there again I think that the Prometheus wouldn't look right doing manouvers like the Alkesh so its size kind of doesn't matter.

Comment

Moya hands down. Her ceilings alone were like 10x taller than D'Argo. Then the Andromeda would come in, but it would be so far away from Moya. It would only be there because it is so much more advanced than the Prometheus, supposedly.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi

Thanks Sci-fi! Pretty cool websites! Wow....Star Trek (the whole franchise) and Babylon certainly do have colossal ships. Boy, puny Earth ships (including the spaceshuttle) look microscopic compared to those other spaceships.
                    Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 19 February 2005, 06:17 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

I suspect most of the Prometheus is a very thick hull. Its crew must be small, around 30, if they could all fit in an al-kesh.

Comment

Andromeda and Moya are huge. You can tell Moya is huge because of Pilots chamber.
                        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi

ooo weee! Now which one of those should I have? Well, which ever one it turns out to be, I think I'll have to get West Coast Customs to pimp it up for me!
                          Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

According to the Jeff Russell's Starship Dimensions website, Andromeda Ascendant is 1301 meters in length, followed by Moya at 650 meters. I think SG-1's Prometheus is probably much smaller than Moya, although Jeff hasn't added it to his pages yet.

When you go to that website, click on the "2X" button at the top and scroll down about halfway, or search for the "Andromeda" text. Moya is just below and to the right of Andromeda.

Comment

Y'know, the TARDIS from Doctor Who is probably both the biggest and the smallest of these ships. It's smallest on the outside, and yet biggest on the inside.

-IMF
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X