The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Who's looking forwards to this movie? I have been ever since I saw that first teaser, and now, the full trailer is now up online at Amazon.com - go check it out- it looks amazing. Better than I thought possible.
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! (and I really did laugh out loud)

That was funny. Better if it was in quicktime though ....

Comment

YAY! I can't wait! I love that book, I just hope the movie is good. It looks funny.
      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

hurmmmmm

i am less enthusiastic then when it was just the teaser.....
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Just finished re-listening to the radio version in my car and seen the full trailer.

I have to say that I'm still worried that they wont do it justice.

Lets hope that it gets a good reception and they do the other books in the future.

Does anyone know whether the film is the first two books (guide to galaxy and restaurant at the end of the universe) or just the first?

There were four books though right?

Comment

This is going to be well worth going and seeing. I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Chicken
              Does anyone know whether the film is the first two books (guide to galaxy and restaurant at the end of the universe) or just the first?

There were four books though right?
              As far as I know, it's just the 1st book. The John Malkovich character was invented for the movie, but I believe Adams approved it, and they're staying pretty true to the book besides it (yes their were 4 books--hence the funny "trilogy" title).

I can't wait for this film. It's been in development hell long enough! I know casting Mos Def ticked off a lot of people, but I think he could do a very good Ford. And I LOVE how Marvin looks!! And he's voiced by Alan Rickman, which will prolly make the movie for me all by itself.
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I thought there were 5 books.

Comment

What's next? Hitchhiker's Guide to the Pegasus Galaxy? *W*

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

[Trump]
                    This movie is gonna be huge!
                    [/Trump]

I can't wait for this movie to come out. I've read an early review from Ain't It Cool News after they saw the test screening, and they said it followed the book very closely (even with a narrator, I think), with only a few rough spots that might get fixed up once they add a soundtrack, special effects, ect.

After seeing the trailer, I just can't wait. It looks great, and I actually laughed at parts I'd already read a few times over. Good stuff. Now, if I could just get around to finishing Restaurant...
                    It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

I can't wait!
                      and I think Mos Def is gonna be great as Ford Prefect

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                      DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I saw the trailer last time I went to see a movie (can't remember what now) and had to explain to my friend why I was spazing out.

by stargatefangurl at LiveJournal

Comment

Wicked!!! The trailer looks awesome!
                          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.

Comment

Am I looking forward to it?
                            Can a bird fly?
                            Well, some can't...
                            But that's beside the point!!
                            I'm dying to see this movie!! Alan Rickman voicing Marvin the Paranoid Android has got to be the best thing I've heard in years!! I'm going to see the movie and afterwards, I'll die happy.

Sidenote: I'm so going to bring a towel with me to the theater. A pink one. Just to get looks from the people who haven't read the books.
                            !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

Originally posted by Jeril
                              Sidenote: I'm so going to bring a towel with me to the theater. A pink one. Just to get looks from the people who haven't read the books.
                              That's an AWESOME idea!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X