This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tech/ships/weapons database

in this thread my aim is to create a database that contains info on all aspects of the above; you can post anything you like concerning technology in SG-1 or SGA, you can also invent new technology aslong as its new and not just variations on existing design and is coherant. design will be reviewed and judged.
    this thread will hopefully give info on existing and up coming stuff( not inventions just what we expect to be like; such as deadalus)

this is scimatics on the promethius to give you an idea:

length: 195m
    width:80m
    height:65m
    weight:1.5 million kg
    speed: 110,000 miles per second

power: naquadria generator
    hull: trinium alloy
    weopons: 8 x-302 gliders armed with two AIM-120A missiles, and advanced asguard weapons which can destroy at long range.
    shields: asguard designed to repel goauld weapon at full strength
    sublight: liquid fuel rockets
    hyperdrive: earth built and designed with hatak and alkesh designs, can only be used with naquadria generator which make it very tempramental.
    computer system: computer chips and wires, wireless technology and crystel tech.
    accesories: ring transporters, docking bay, asguard teleportation beams. has fully equiped exploration facilitys including storage for archeological finds, a science lab second to none and a medical bay with everything a hospital would have and more.

i think this is the most detailed scimatics of the promethius yet and its completly accurate.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Unit: FN P-90.

Manufacturer: Fabrique Nationale Manufacturing

Type: Submachinegun, Personal Defence Weapon

Bore diameter: 5.7 x 28mm

Maximum effective range: 100 meters.

Clip Size: 50 Rounds

Ammunition: 5.7mm AP

Known Modifications: None currently used.

Weapon History and Description

The P90 is a highly unusual weapon developed by FN in the late 1980s. The weapon fires the highly unusual 5.7x28mm round. It is unique in that it is larger then standard rifle rounds while being significantly smaller then standard pistol rounds. Indeed, The 5.7x28mm round looks very much like a miniature rifle round. It is specifically designed as a weapon system to defeat armoured targets. It packs a large punch in a small penetrating round, punching incredible force onto a small area, creating an ideal weapon for dealing with armoured targets. The P90 also uses a horizontal clip feeding system. This allows a 50 round clip to be used without interfering with the soldier in the front. The bullpup design allows the weapon to carry a barrel longer then any other SMG while being in a relatively small package.

The P90 isn’t without its problems or its detractors however. While the P90 is a rough and ready weapon and is easy to disassemble and clean, there have been issues with the P90 jamming from the mechanism that aligns the bullets for firing, from a horizontal to a vertical position. There are also reports that dropping the magazine to heavily or sudden movement can scatter the rounds in the magazine making it useless. Several nations have used the P90 as an MP duty weapon or for special operations. Even then several have discarded the weapon. Upon further investigation it appears most nations that have stopped using the P90 have done so for irrational reasons, statistical evidence simply does not back up many of the more wild claims made about the weapon. Many soldiers issued the P90 do not like the highly unusual design and perform poorly with it. However, with proper care taken of the weapon and in the hands of the right soldiers, it is a highly effective weapon. Certain units who are familiar and well trained with the weapon swear its capabilities and any minor point is not enough to prevent the weapon for being highly effective.

Stargate Command History & Usage

With the few issues behind the weapon, the P90 is an ideal weapon for Special Forces. It provides a compact SMG with excellent penetration and magazine capacity. In use by the SGC is has proven to be a highly effective weapon. While not in use by all SGC teams, the P90 is still an important part of the SGC. It provides excellent penetration against armoured targets. It was first introduced into active service to combat the Unas. It had enough penetration to get past the outer layer of the Unas extremely tough skin. It has also provided excellent firepower in CQB situations within enemy installations and ships. The only area where the P90 suffers is endurance. Because of the issues with the magazine SGC combat teams typically choose the MP5 over the P90. So far most SG teams use the P90 for special missions while SG1 uses the P90 as a standard weapon.

http://www.stargate-tech.net/

Comment

the zat'nik'tel; zat gun:

dimentions: comprises three expandable sections. the bottem part rests in the palm of hand, centre section comprises power source, top emits blue electrictal charge.
      heightcompact: 22cmx6cmx25cm
      height extended: 30cm
      weight: 0.5kg
      material naquada
      creater: goauld system lords
      users: goauld, tokra, jaffa, tauri/humans

history: the jaffa use this weopen to cuase great pain upon thier victims whilst not killing them, this is a favourable way to torture a victim giving ovly enough time to recover befor anoth shot is fired.

operating the weapon: hold in the palm of hand, squeese gently, this opens the weapon up like a coiled serpents and opens the head readdy to spit out its venom( referrence to egyption mythology), squeese agen to eject zat blast, 1 shot injures, 2 shots kills, 3 disintigrates .

annotomical effects: 1 blast from a zat gun is similar to a huge electric shock. as the electricity passes through the body, the victim experiences extreamely powerful jarringand shaking sensations. this will usually result in unconsiuosness lasting up to 20m.
      a second blast will cause almost instant cardiac arrest and kill the victim.
      a third blast disinitrate the body as the skin burn from overheating.

notes: weapon is now standard issue to all team goingthrough the gate. can prtect against enrgy based creatures: M04-19.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

Unit:MSG-90A1

Manufacturer: Heckler & Koch

Type: Heavy Sniper Rifle

Bore diameter: 7.62mm

Maximum effective range: 1200 meters.

Clip Size: 20 Rounds expanded.

Ammunition: 7.62mm NATO

Known Modifications: None

Stargate Command History & Usage

In use by the SGC this weapon has proven itself to be an ideal sniper weapon. Firing the 7.62mm round no Jaffa armour can survive a single shot. The shockwave of the bullet itself is enough to put a Jaffa straight to the ground even if the impact isn't ensured (and it is). The MSG-90A1 is the longest ranged personnel weapon in use by the SGC. It has served the SGC well for more then seven years since the very first Stargate mission, up to the recent rescue of Master Bra'tac.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          in this thread my aim is to create a database that contains info on all aspects of the above; you can post anything you like concerning technology in SG-1 or SGA, you can also invent new technology aslong as its new and not just variations on existing design and is coherant. design will be reviewed and judged.
          this thread will hopefully give info on existing and up coming stuff( not inventions just what we expect to be like; such as deadalus)

this is scimatics on the promethius to give you an idea:

length: 195m
          width:80m
          height:65m
          weight:1.5 million kg
          speed: 110,000 miles per second

power: naquadria generator
          hull: trinium alloy
          weopons: 8 x-302 gliders armed with two AIM-120A missiles, and advanced asguard weapons which can destroy at long range.
          shields: asguard designed to repel goauld weapon at full strength
          sublight: liquid fuel rockets
          hyperdrive: earth built and designed with hatak and alkesh designs, can only be used with naquadria generator which make it very tempramental.
          computer system: computer chips and wires, wireless technology and crystel tech.
          accesories: ring transporters, docking bay, asguard teleportation beams. has fully equiped exploration facilitys including storage for archeological finds, a science lab second to none and a medical bay with everything a hospital would have and more.

i think this is the most detailed scimatics of the promethius yet and its completly accurate.
          And your source material is...?

Comment

... was about to ask the same thing!!!! THAT'S detail and a half!

Comment

my source is the promethius scimatical diagram and put out from the official stargate dvd collection magazine.
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

i did have a screen shot to prove it but the file is too big
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

can somebody put up a post on the stargate( the device) - im not sure if i explain it it will be any good.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    And your source material is...?
                    http://www.stargate-tech.net - Thats a good start

And another ship design

F-303 Advanced Interceptor
                    Manufacturer: Area 51 Othala. (I like the asgards so most of my ships will be joint)
                    Type: Atmospheric / Orbital / Local / Hyperspace capable Interceptor
                    Technology Base: Earth/Ancient
                    Production Run: 100
                    Operational Area: Atmosphere - Local Space - Hyperspace
                    Powerplant: 1 X Naquadria Enhanced Jet Engines, 2 X Modified Aerospike engines, 1 X Rocket booster, 1 X Modified Hyperspace window generator By asgards
                    Crew complement: 1
                    Weapons Array: 6 X Missile hard points, 1 X Railgun, 2x Mini Railguns on end of wings
                    Defensive Technology: Trinium Alloy, With Trinium Carbon Armour Plating. Personal Shield of Ancients Modified to fit Ship
                    Support Craft: N/A
                    Troop capacity: N/A
                    Status F303 Working and Operational
                    Dimensions Wingspan: ~12 Feet. Length ~3 Meters. Height: ~3 Meters.
                    Ill make a pic later
                    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

cool
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

stargate-tech isn't canon though, it's just fan fiction and/or speculation.

There are several things that disturbs me about the information about the BC-303 in this thread, and I'll point it out:

Naquadriah: Unstable and to our knowledge not used in any way at all at the moment.

Speed: Using miles when talking science is just stupid. Meters is the deal, and when talking about speed 0.5c also works. However since we're in space there's no maxspeed, the more important information about the engines would be acceleration.

"weopons: 8 x-302 gliders armed with two AIM-120A missiles, and advanced asguard weapons which can destroy at long range."

The F-302 have 4 missiles, and regarding the BC-303 we have no idea what kind of Asgard weaponary they put on the vessel. You also forgot to mention the CIWS/Rail Guns and the Missile launchers.

The hyperdrive is also Asgard.

So it's far from being accurate. Also mixing fan made ships with "completely accurate information" on the BC-303 is just wrong. One thread for SG1-canonial ships and one thread for fan-made mones would be much better.

I still think Darkos analysis was better, even though it was written a few months ago and lacks updated information.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3559

Comment

first of all i didnt write that stuff- there all quotes from the sg-1 pullout. if you want to moan at an official magazine ure gunna lose. as for the science bit not my fault. seeing that ure from sweden u probley didnt get the magazine but those of you who got the 2nd edition please back me up here.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

No, but YOU said it was accurate, which it clearly isn't. I don't care if it was printed in the Times or the Bible. They used old information and left out large parts of information.

Comment

like what? they wouldnt print inacurate information.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X