PDA

View Full Version : tech/ships/weapons database

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 05:02 AM
in this thread my aim is to create a database that contains info on all aspects of the above; you can post anything you like concerning technology in SG-1 or SGA, you can also invent new technology aslong as its new and not just variations on existing design and is coherant. design will be reviewed and judged.
this thread will hopefully give info on existing and up coming stuff( not inventions just what we expect to be like; such as deadalus)

this is scimatics on the promethius to give you an idea:

length: 195m
width:80m
height:65m
weight:1.5 million kg
speed: 110,000 miles per second

power: naquadria generator
hull: trinium alloy
weopons: 8 x-302 gliders armed with two AIM-120A missiles, and advanced asguard weapons which can destroy at long range.
shields: asguard designed to repel goauld weapon at full strength
sublight: liquid fuel rockets
hyperdrive: earth built and designed with hatak and alkesh designs, can only be used with naquadria generator which make it very tempramental.
computer system: computer chips and wires, wireless technology and crystel tech.
accesories: ring transporters, docking bay, asguard teleportation beams. has fully equiped exploration facilitys including storage for archeological finds, a science lab second to none and a medical bay with everything a hospital would have and more.

i think this is the most detailed scimatics of the promethius yet and its completly accurate.

TheWarrior
February 16th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Unit: FN P-90.

Manufacturer: Fabrique Nationale Manufacturing

Type: Submachinegun, Personal Defence Weapon

Bore diameter: 5.7 x 28mm

Maximum effective range: 100 meters.

Clip Size: 50 Rounds

Ammunition: 5.7mm AP

Known Modifications: None currently used.

Weapon History and Description

The P90 is a highly unusual weapon developed by FN in the late 1980s. The weapon fires the highly unusual 5.7x28mm round. It is unique in that it is larger then standard rifle rounds while being significantly smaller then standard pistol rounds. Indeed, The 5.7x28mm round looks very much like a miniature rifle round. It is specifically designed as a weapon system to defeat armoured targets. It packs a large punch in a small penetrating round, punching incredible force onto a small area, creating an ideal weapon for dealing with armoured targets. The P90 also uses a horizontal clip feeding system. This allows a 50 round clip to be used without interfering with the soldier in the front. The bullpup design allows the weapon to carry a barrel longer then any other SMG while being in a relatively small package.

The P90 isn’t without its problems or its detractors however. While the P90 is a rough and ready weapon and is easy to disassemble and clean, there have been issues with the P90 jamming from the mechanism that aligns the bullets for firing, from a horizontal to a vertical position. There are also reports that dropping the magazine to heavily or sudden movement can scatter the rounds in the magazine making it useless. Several nations have used the P90 as an MP duty weapon or for special operations. Even then several have discarded the weapon. Upon further investigation it appears most nations that have stopped using the P90 have done so for irrational reasons, statistical evidence simply does not back up many of the more wild claims made about the weapon. Many soldiers issued the P90 do not like the highly unusual design and perform poorly with it. However, with proper care taken of the weapon and in the hands of the right soldiers, it is a highly effective weapon. Certain units who are familiar and well trained with the weapon swear its capabilities and any minor point is not enough to prevent the weapon for being highly effective.

Stargate Command History & Usage

With the few issues behind the weapon, the P90 is an ideal weapon for Special Forces. It provides a compact SMG with excellent penetration and magazine capacity. In use by the SGC is has proven to be a highly effective weapon. While not in use by all SGC teams, the P90 is still an important part of the SGC. It provides excellent penetration against armoured targets. It was first introduced into active service to combat the Unas. It had enough penetration to get past the outer layer of the Unas extremely tough skin. It has also provided excellent firepower in CQB situations within enemy installations and ships. The only area where the P90 suffers is endurance. Because of the issues with the magazine SGC combat teams typically choose the MP5 over the P90. So far most SG teams use the P90 for special missions while SG1 uses the P90 as a standard weapon.

http://www.stargate-tech.net/

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 05:28 AM
the zat'nik'tel; zat gun:

dimentions: comprises three expandable sections. the bottem part rests in the palm of hand, centre section comprises power source, top emits blue electrictal charge.
heightcompact: 22cmx6cmx25cm
height extended: 30cm
weight: 0.5kg
material naquada
creater: goauld system lords
users: goauld, tokra, jaffa, tauri/humans

history: the jaffa use this weopen to cuase great pain upon thier victims whilst not killing them, this is a favourable way to torture a victim giving ovly enough time to recover befor anoth shot is fired.

operating the weapon: hold in the palm of hand, squeese gently, this opens the weapon up like a coiled serpents and opens the head readdy to spit out its venom( referrence to egyption mythology), squeese agen to eject zat blast, 1 shot injures, 2 shots kills, 3 disintigrates .

annotomical effects: 1 blast from a zat gun is similar to a huge electric shock. as the electricity passes through the body, the victim experiences extreamely powerful jarringand shaking sensations. this will usually result in unconsiuosness lasting up to 20m.
a second blast will cause almost instant cardiac arrest and kill the victim.
a third blast disinitrate the body as the skin burn from overheating.

notes: weapon is now standard issue to all team goingthrough the gate. can prtect against enrgy based creatures: M04-19.

TheWarrior
February 16th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Unit:MSG-90A1

Manufacturer: Heckler & Koch

Type: Heavy Sniper Rifle

Bore diameter: 7.62mm

Maximum effective range: 1200 meters.

Clip Size: 20 Rounds expanded.

Ammunition: 7.62mm NATO

Known Modifications: None

Stargate Command History & Usage

In use by the SGC this weapon has proven itself to be an ideal sniper weapon. Firing the 7.62mm round no Jaffa armour can survive a single shot. The shockwave of the bullet itself is enough to put a Jaffa straight to the ground even if the impact isn't ensured (and it is). The MSG-90A1 is the longest ranged personnel weapon in use by the SGC. It has served the SGC well for more then seven years since the very first Stargate mission, up to the recent rescue of Master Bra'tac.

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/9426/msg2sw.th.jpg (http://img97.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img97&image=msg2sw.jpg)

aAnubiSs
February 16th, 2005, 06:56 AM
in this thread my aim is to create a database that contains info on all aspects of the above; you can post anything you like concerning technology in SG-1 or SGA, you can also invent new technology aslong as its new and not just variations on existing design and is coherant. design will be reviewed and judged.
this thread will hopefully give info on existing and up coming stuff( not inventions just what we expect to be like; such as deadalus)

this is scimatics on the promethius to give you an idea:

length: 195m
width:80m
height:65m
weight:1.5 million kg
speed: 110,000 miles per second

power: naquadria generator
hull: trinium alloy
weopons: 8 x-302 gliders armed with two AIM-120A missiles, and advanced asguard weapons which can destroy at long range.
shields: asguard designed to repel goauld weapon at full strength
sublight: liquid fuel rockets
hyperdrive: earth built and designed with hatak and alkesh designs, can only be used with naquadria generator which make it very tempramental.
computer system: computer chips and wires, wireless technology and crystel tech.
accesories: ring transporters, docking bay, asguard teleportation beams. has fully equiped exploration facilitys including storage for archeological finds, a science lab second to none and a medical bay with everything a hospital would have and more.

i think this is the most detailed scimatics of the promethius yet and its completly accurate.
And your source material is...?

emily_reich
February 16th, 2005, 07:02 AM
... was about to ask the same thing!!!! THAT'S detail and a half! :eek:

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 07:59 AM
my source is the promethius scimatical diagram and put out from the official stargate dvd collection magazine.

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 08:00 AM
i did have a screen shot to prove it but the file is too big

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 08:09 AM
can somebody put up a post on the stargate( the device) - im not sure if i explain it it will be any good.

Steam
February 16th, 2005, 08:46 AM
And your source material is...?
http://www.stargate-tech.net - Thats a good start :P

And another ship design

F-303 Advanced Interceptor
Manufacturer: Area 51 Othala. (I like the asgards so most of my ships will be joint)
Type: Atmospheric / Orbital / Local / Hyperspace capable Interceptor
Technology Base: Earth/Ancient
Production Run: 100
Operational Area: Atmosphere - Local Space - Hyperspace
Powerplant: 1 X Naquadria Enhanced Jet Engines, 2 X Modified Aerospike engines, 1 X Rocket booster, 1 X Modified Hyperspace window generator By asgards
Crew complement: 1
Weapons Array: 6 X Missile hard points, 1 X Railgun, 2x Mini Railguns on end of wings
Defensive Technology: Trinium Alloy, With Trinium Carbon Armour Plating. Personal Shield of Ancients Modified to fit Ship
Support Craft: N/A
Troop capacity: N/A
Status F303 Working and Operational
Dimensions Wingspan: ~12 Feet. Length ~3 Meters. Height: ~3 Meters.
Ill make a pic later

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 08:55 AM
cool

aAnubiSs
February 16th, 2005, 09:49 AM
stargate-tech isn't canon though, it's just fan fiction and/or speculation.

There are several things that disturbs me about the information about the BC-303 in this thread, and I'll point it out:

Naquadriah: Unstable and to our knowledge not used in any way at all at the moment.

Speed: Using miles when talking science is just stupid. Meters is the deal, and when talking about speed 0.5c also works. However since we're in space there's no maxspeed, the more important information about the engines would be acceleration.

"weopons: 8 x-302 gliders armed with two AIM-120A missiles, and advanced asguard weapons which can destroy at long range."

The F-302 have 4 missiles, and regarding the BC-303 we have no idea what kind of Asgard weaponary they put on the vessel. You also forgot to mention the CIWS/Rail Guns and the Missile launchers.

The hyperdrive is also Asgard.

So it's far from being accurate. Also mixing fan made ships with "completely accurate information" on the BC-303 is just wrong. One thread for SG1-canonial ships and one thread for fan-made mones would be much better.

I still think Darkos analysis was better, even though it was written a few months ago and lacks updated information.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3559

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 09:58 AM
first of all i didnt write that stuff- there all quotes from the sg-1 pullout. if you want to moan at an official magazine ure gunna lose. as for the science bit not my fault. seeing that ure from sweden u probley didnt get the magazine but those of you who got the 2nd edition please back me up here.

aAnubiSs
February 16th, 2005, 10:01 AM
No, but YOU said it was accurate, which it clearly isn't. I don't care if it was printed in the Times or the Bible. They used old information and left out large parts of information.

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 10:03 AM
like what? they wouldnt print inacurate information.

aAnubiSs
February 16th, 2005, 10:08 AM
For example the BC-303 has 10 missile launchers that just disappeared, the CIWS just disappeared. The Hyperdrive devolved into human built. The sublight engines went from ~180,000mps to 110,000mps. The F-302(called X-302) has 4 missiles and they're calling Asgard transporters teleportation, which is a totally different concept.

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 10:29 AM
ok i accept that, BUT i only copied what they wrote, it not my fault some details were wrong, the length, wieght and hieght and stuff was right though.
oh and at the time of print the f-302 was called the x-302 because it was still eXperimental.

* can we get back to compiling a technological database, rather than slating the inacuraesy of a magazine*

Qasim
February 16th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Everybody should just calm down

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 11:01 AM
hey im calm, its sweden over there thats uptight. i tried to create somthign that would be usefull and its turned into anubis against information. Can people just create some new posts that rnt slating previous ones.

TheWarrior
February 16th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Unit: MK3-A2 Concussion 'Flashbang' Grenade

Manufacturer:Various

Type: Stun Grenade

Bore diameter: NA; Unit Diameter 60mm

Active engaged time: 105 - 150 seconds

Effective Disabeling Range: 2 meters in open areas

The MK3-A2 "Offensive Hand Grenade" (referred to as a concussion grenade or stun grenade by various sources) is a hand deployed stun weapon, able to disable enemy troops without serious injured by means of overpressure shockwaves. The weapon will incapacitate subjects within two meters (in open areas), however its effectiveness in enclosed areas radically improves, which leads to their primary role of room clearing, often in hostage rescue scenarios.

They are standard issue to Stargate and Atlantis Command, however the SGC has often skipped this weapon in favour of the superior Goa'uld shock Grenade.

http://img226.exs.cx/img226/6434/mk35zp.th.jpg (http://img226.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img226&image=mk35zp.jpg)

Qasim
February 16th, 2005, 11:18 AM
hey im calm, its sweden over there thats uptight. i tried to create somthign that would be usefull and its turned into anubis against information. Can people just create some new posts that rnt slating previous ones.
I agree but perhaps the use of the word 'sweden' is inappropriate

we are all stargate fans here

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 11:23 AM
ok ill take that back but he is soo arrogent.

Steam
February 16th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Why do you moan on every thread?

aAnubiSs
February 16th, 2005, 12:45 PM
What you call moan and arrogant I call arguing "facts" that are wrong. The difference is that I won't use lollypop words and a billion unnecessary words to get my point across.

If you can't discuss the valitity of facts you shouldn't start threads that could lead to any discussion.

Steam
February 16th, 2005, 12:46 PM
yes but the FACT is people just want to debate things and have fun not ARGUE, it seems all you do is argue, and when i say debate i mean give opinions

aAnubiSs
February 16th, 2005, 12:56 PM
argue doesn't have to be a negative charged word.

And opinions aren't always needed when there are correct facts.

There's no need to debate/argue that 1+1=2. Just as there's no need to argue that their "complete correct version" of the BC-303 is incorrect.

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 02:10 PM
the point is, why do have to argue with everything anyone says, if u hate what people say on this forum soo much dont come on it; we would'nt miss you. and debating FACT's isnt what this thread was about, its was about SHARING ideas about stargate technology NOT where those opinions come from.

immhotep
February 16th, 2005, 03:10 PM
can we get back to the sharing of technology now?

aAnubiSs
February 16th, 2005, 03:46 PM
You said database. And I wouldn't want a database full of lies.

LordAnubis
February 16th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Why do you moan on every thread?
It must be the name. I like to argue and moan too! :P

Of course, I'm Swedish and German, so maybe it's a Swedish thing?

immhotep
February 17th, 2005, 02:36 AM
i might be? but still i made this thread to share opinions and ideas about stargate technology, give opinions on the tech not on other peoples opinions.