Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The X-Files yes or no? (First-time Viewer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X-Files yes or no? (First-time Viewer)

So I just started watching the xfiles 4 episode s left in season 1.
    Do you like it?
    When did you get hooked?
    Is it cool if I post as I watch?

I think I gave up around episode 7 of season 1. I might pick it up again. I just couldn't handle Scully's skepticism, ridiculous justifications, and just her ridiculous hypocrisy with her being very unscientific even though she's supposed to be the sort of scientist person and her unwillingness to further explore things that fly in her 'knowledge' of established science (just very unscientific, not curious about anything).

Comment

The X-Files was my first fandom. I've seen every episode at least 5 times. Watching it now, in the early seasons Scully's extreme skepticism does kind of grate on me (swamp gas... really?). There is an X-Files thread if you want to post your thoughts while you watch there.

Comment

I was hooked early on. X-Files was my first tv obsession (hence my screen name ). I can remember watching some of those earlier eps while on the phone with my sister because we both wanted to watch but were afraid to watch alone.

Scully gets easier to handle, I promise.
        sigpic

----------
        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Loved it and Scully does grind with her total scepticism, but dont worry after a few whacks on the head she does come round, a little, not much tho.
          sigpic

Comment

i never really watched it, tempted to maybe next year
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

I enjoyed the first three or four seasons, and I've seen most episodes until the 9th season at least once. However, I think this is definitely a show that outstayed its welcome.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                I enjoyed the first three or four seasons, and I've seen most episodes until the 9th season at least once. However, I think this is definitely a show that outstayed its welcome.
                Spoiler:
                Much like SG-1, I think TPTB weren't sure what to do when faced with the fact that their male lead did not want to come back.
                And much like SG-1, there are aspects of the last 2 seasons that I like and some that were just bad decisions on the creators'/writers' parts (much like the last X-Files movie, but I won't go there ).
                sigpic

----------
                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Yea, the last movie, it was a let down
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks all I don't see the xfiles thread

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Much like SG-1, I think TPTB weren't sure what to do when faced with the fact that their male lead did not want to come back.
                      And much like SG-1, there are aspects of the last 2 seasons that I like and some that were just bad decisions on the creators'/writers' parts (much like the last X-Files movie, but I won't go there ).
                      Spoiler:
                      I always liked Doggett. The stories in the final seasons weren't as good but I kinda liked the switch where Scully became the believer and the new guy was the cynic. It added a nice little shake up.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I really enjoyed watching the X-Files, got hooked the first time round when it aired. It just drew me in with all the weird and whacky things Mulder and Scully faced. It was such a fresh and different approach to the conspiracy theories and weird phenomena thing at the time. When I rewatched the whole series again 10 years after it finished I found it was just as much fun to watch over again. They were so young in the beginning!

It always reminds me of the golden time of the 1990's and early 2000's when there were a load of great Sci Fi shows to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          I really enjoyed watching the X-Files, got hooked the first time round when it aired. It just drew me in with all the weird and whacky things Mulder and Scully faced. It was such a fresh and different approach to the conspiracy theories and weird phenomena thing at the time. When I rewatched the whole series again 10 years after it finished I found it was just as much fun to watch over again. They were so young in the beginning!

It always reminds me of the golden time of the 1990's and early 2000's when there were a load of great Sci Fi shows to watch.
                          It was indeed very good...

And then there's this:

Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I was never really able to get into this much when it was first airing. I watched episodes once in a while though, and I saw one of the movies. I tried to watch it from the beginning a couple of years ago, but I got side-tracked by other shows lol. I'll eventually get back to it though(maybe once I'm done with Trek), since I really do want to try to watch the whole thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Watch it. Worth it, even through the rough patches.
                              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                              X