Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched Prometheus again.

I just watched this again and things that come to mind

1. Scientific expedition with a crew full of stupid.

2. Lots of dumb stuff happens that just shouldn't happen

To be fair if none of that happened we'd not have a movie.

3. Android likes to mindr*pe one particular character and watch her dreams.

4. 2093 or thereabouts we have a cheat for FTL or near light speed drive.

5. How did Shaw know the exact part of Scotland to go digging? How did she know that exact cave was the one with the drawings inside?

6. It was kind of fun till all the stupid stuff started happening.

7. They can map all the tunnels but manage to get lost. smh By this point in the movie I wanted to break the DVD in half, but there's just so much bad stuff happening .....

And let's not forget the alien abortion scene..... And running around the ship moments after having one's stomach stapled.

Did Ridley Scott actually have any control of this movie or was he just there for the cash?
    Last edited by Coco Pops; 04 July 2014, 09:31 PM.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Also why did they run forward when the ship was falling down rather than run to the side?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      Also why did they run forward when the ship was falling down rather than run to the side?

Movie logic ........ There's a scene in Sharknado that mimics this with a ferris wheel

Comment

Its standard in any flick that wne something is coming crashing down, everyone just runs in the pathway of it, rather than uses some common sense and runs to the side.

Its why you also see people running all different directions in a mass panic situation.

Comment

Yeah I was disappointed with this movie too.

Also it's the same when they hear a weird scary noise in the house. So instead of going somewhere safe and phoning the police they go towards the weird scary sound where there's possibly a psycho
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            I just watched this again and things that come to mind

1. Scientific expedition with a crew full of stupid.
            I agree. Too many wrong things to count, such as Vickers ordering people around. Granted she was Peter Weylands daughter, but even in the Video he told the crew the two scientists were in charge. But that would only be off the ship as The Captian of the ship by law is the ultimate authority.

2. Lots of dumb stuff happens that just shouldn't happen
            Again I agree, but even smart people do dumb stuff every day. The worst in my opinion was not taking armed security, and security actually listening to the scientists with out explaining to them that even if the "Engineers" were friendly there could be other dangers they can not think off.

To be fair if none of that happened we'd not have a movie.

3. Android likes to mindr*pe one particular character and watch her dreams.
            I'm guessing Peter Weyland put him up to that, since she was the one who approached him about the mission.

4. 2093 or thereabouts we have a cheat for FTL or near light speed drive.

5. How did Shaw know the exact part of Scotland to go digging? How did she know that exact cave was the one with the drawings inside?
            I believe she was continuing her fathers work, since that was the beginning of the movie, they just skipped over all the other years of their work.

6. It was kind of fun till all the stupid stuff started happening.

7. They can map all the tunnels but manage to get lost. smh By this point in the movie I wanted to break the DVD in half, but there's just so much bad stuff happening .....
            Yes, they could map, however the geologist didn't have the equipment with him to interpret the data from his pups. The worst thing they could have and did do was leave the group. I've never seen a real expedition where people left the group. Very unprofessional, and shows either a lack of training or a disregard for safety protocols.

And let's not forget the alien abortion scene..... And running around the ship moments after having one's stomach stapled.
            My wife had two c sections (same procedure as the abortion scene) They had her up walking within two hours after, as you know they have to speed up things in movies. I can live with that one.

Did Ridley Scott actually have any control of this movie or was he just there for the cash?
            I'm more curious about the reason the Engineers wanted to wipe humanity out. I'm guessing it was because of humanities violent nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladed View Post
              I'm more curious about the reason the Engineers wanted to wipe humanity out. I'm guessing it was because of humanities violent nature.
              There was a story going around that one of the Engineers on Earth was Jesus..... We kind of annoyed them when we killed him..... He was trying to make humanity better. I kid you not it's in google.

Comment

It was too complicated and too subtle for a mainstream audience to get. I didn't really understand it until reading about it afterwards. It's the sort of movie a director makes for their peers rather than their audience really.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  It was too complicated and too subtle for a mainstream audience to get. I didn't really understand it until reading about it afterwards. It's the sort of movie a director makes for their peers rather than their audience really.

Movies should not require one to dig into other sources to figure them out... And many different opinions will be formed about this movie.

Comment

Working...
                  X