Predator reboot.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator reboot.....

Yup that's right their rebooting predator...... the original film.

"it was announced that a reboot of Predator is in development at 20th Century Fox and is set to be produced by John Davis. The film will be written Fred Dekker, while Shane Black will be writing a film treatment, as well as having the option to direct"

Personally I think this is really stupid, there are so many stories they could create with the predator series including bringing Alien and Predator stories together again, or any other idea but nope they chose to do a reboot of a perfectly good film that really doesn't need one.

OPINIONS?

Agree
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Stupid, stupid, stupid. There is no reason to wipe the first two movies out of continuity, just have the new movie happen to characters who don't know anything about Predators and it can play out the exact same way as a reboot would without annoying fans of the original.

The aliens vs. predators movies can be retconned out of existence, they were just terrible.

The new "Predators" movie was very good imo and showed that there is no need to reboots if you just come up with good ideas and execute them well.

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
        Yup that's right their rebooting predator...... the original film.

"it was announced that a reboot of Predator is in development at 20th Century Fox and is set to be produced by John Davis. The film will be written Fred Dekker, while Shane Black will be writing a film treatment, as well as having the option to direct"

Personally I think this is really stupid, there are so many stories they could create with the predator series including bringing Alien and Predator stories together again, or any other idea but nope they chose to do a reboot of a perfectly good film that really doesn't need one.

OPINIONS?
        I was one of the few i know of who liked both AvP films, and both predators. Heck i even liked Predators the film.. Would like to see them make a sequel to that to see if our 2 survivors ever make it off that planet.

Comment

Ok, they do seem to have some common sense:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/30...ll-be-a-sequel

They aren't rebooting the series

Comment

GOOD!.. Wonder if it will pick up from where predators left off at, or whether it will tie into how AvP2 ended..

Comment

i think its probably as much a reboot to the series is as predators was a reboot i think there was a similar concern before it's release
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Technically there isn't much a plot to the Predator movies. Except for if they change the look of the Predator I'm not sure wed be able to tell the difference.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'm working on my own spec, script to explore the idea of a sequel to the original, taking it and Dutch Schaefer up thirty three years after the first film.

Posting the pages on the web for everyone to enjoy. Written the first 32 pages, working on the next batch in the next few weeks.
                  Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
                  once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X