Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dominion (SyFy) TV Show

Hey everyone,

is there a thread for the new SyFy Series "Dominion" which is based on the movie "Legion" and deals with a war between Angels and Men on earth, as far as I understood it. I am quite excited for it because it has two of my favorite TV show Actors in it - Anthony Steward Head and Alan Dale. It also includes Christopher Egan from the awesome but short lived NBC Show "Kings", here is a small featurette trailer:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xOWpKUtBun8

The first episode will air on June, 19th 2014, even if "Legion" itself was somewhat not the best movie, the tv show looks intriuging and even if it only gets one season, I am anxious to learn how the freshman season will develop.

If there is none other thread for Dominion, this shall be the thread for future discussions about the show and lets see how the fate of the earth will look like in this new show.
    sigpic

I don't know, fantasy shows are a hit or miss and too often are a miss. I'll give it a shot and if I like it enough I'll wiki it.

Comment

I´ll give it an episode or two. If the show turns out to be nothing more than character angst with a little bit of action then I will stop watching.

Comment

It looks/sounds interesting, I plan on giving it a try.
        sigpic

Comment

So it was alright, maybe if I had seen Legion, it might have been better. One thing I didn't like was Anthony Head's accent, made me want to stop altogether (maybe I'm used to him with a british accent).

Also the ratings warning promised nudity, but all I saw was butts. Are butts considered nudity now?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            Also the ratings warning promised nudity, but all I saw was butts. Are butts considered nudity now?
            Pretty much yes in the US.
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I gave up about half way through the episode. The writing and acting imo was just terrible plus I remembered all the things about Legion that annoyed me.

My main complaint about Legion was that the premise said it was angels invading Earth but instead they turned out just like common demons in looks and behavior.

Comment

I actually liked the first episode, and I'm interested in seeing what happens next.
                sigpic

Comment

The episode sort of disappointed me a little. The end fight was cool. But some of the special effects shots look cheap even for Syfy. An vega look to well built for something that was cobble together during a war. The acting was alright, I think these guys will grow into the role if given a few episodes.

I also didn't like the art design, the SFX for the the tattoo transforming into english was terrible and look like it was slap together with little to no thought.

Comment

Vega wasn't cobbled together during the war, it's supposed to be part(?) of Las Vegas with a wall built around it.
                    sigpic

Comment

I actually doubt that we will get a second season for this one because it lacks something that I am not really able to place it. It tries to be something special but the specialness isnt't there yet and maybe it will develop its own tone over the course of season one! I don't like that Anthony Head has that role. I am used to Giles. I can't imagine him anything else than Giles. Anyway, there is a lot of potential and I am granting the point that SyFy tries something different here, I hope it will develop even better because there are still some interesting things left.
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought this episode was better than last weeks one.

Comment

I thought the second episode better than the first one as well. I'm really liking this show so far.
                          sigpic

Comment

The comment above about the writing made me chuckle a little because I really feel like this show has some of the better writing I've seen in original SyFy programming lately.

Honestly, I didn't remember that I'd gone to see Legion in the theatre until a friend reminded me I had. So this show pretty much started fresh for me. I thought the first episode was okay, the second was better. Most importantly, I'm interested in watching the next episode - something that hasn't happened often with the new block of summer shows so far.
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

True. I liked the second episode as well. it tries to be something special which shows that it has some potential. but does anyone know why Anthony Steward Head left the Steward out?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X