Reboots, which would you care about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reboots, which would you care about

Well after the announcement of stargate getting a reboot, I'd like to know how you feel about reboots/reimaginations and what scifi films/shows you wouldn't mind getting rebooted and would you want it in tv or film form.

A battlestar galactica film reboot was announced a while back (still just planning stages what not) that is suppose to take elements from the old and new series, for me I wouldn't mind this because the newer series ended in a way that would be hard to continue, and I'm interested in other interpretations.

Films format reboots/reimaginations I'd be okay with.
    V/V2009
    Supernatural (but I would want this in like 20 years from now)
    the twilight zone

For me I don't really like reboots that are really similar but I love reimaginations, and that's personally the issue I have with the new stargate news is that it's the same creators that did the first film and that is why If the battlestar galactica or twilight zone films go through I wouldn't be to upset

the twilight zone would be awesome. It would of course have to live up to the original. But since it's individual stories that wouldn't be that hard to do.
    sigpic

Comment

Reboots in general aren't something I like but I will give any sci-fi series a chance to win me over. I do have to say though that I think the Battlestar movie reboot is happening way to soon, they should wait at least another 5-10 years before even considering making it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
        Reboots in general aren't something I like but I will give any sci-fi series a chance to win me over. I do have to say though that I think the Battlestar movie reboot is happening way to soon, they should wait at least another 5-10 years before even considering making it.
        I don't think it's to soon since it'd be a film and new creators so totally different take plus if it does go through probably wouldn't be for years still.

Comment

I would like to see Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, and UFO as reboots
          sigpic

Comment

I'd love a decent redo of Airwolf, Streetknight, Manimal and Buck rodgers.

Comment

There has been talk fairly recently of a Blake's 7 reboot. I'm not certain I really like the idea. As a fan of the original series, I dread to think what a reboot might make of it. I'm happier that Big Finish are doing audio plays with the original cast, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                There has been talk fairly recently of a Blake's 7 reboot. I'm not certain I really like the idea. As a fan of the original series, I dread to think what a reboot might make of it. I'm happier that Big Finish are doing audio plays with the original cast, to be honest.
                See, I'd love a Blake 7 reboot. With the current trend of gritty realism in Sci-fi I think it'd be the perfect time for a return. Even a continuation would be pretty cool. Call it 'Blake's Legacy' or something... It's certainly deserving of a wider audience.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  See, I'd love a Blake 7 reboot. With the current trend of gritty realism in Sci-fi I think it'd be the perfect time for a return. Even a continuation would be pretty cool. Call it 'Blake's Legacy' or something... It's certainly deserving of a wider audience.
                  I think a continuation would be the best idea. My problem is that I love the original actors and stories far too much to have them tinkered with. I can't imagine anyone else but Paul Darrow as Avon or Jacqueline Pearce as Servalan...etc etc. And I guess they would want to alter Terry Nation's brilliant scripts & add loads more sex and explosions *shudder*

Yes I agree it does deserve a wider audience. But once again, I have reservations about that coming about via a reboot. I can just hear people now.... "It's just like Firefly..." (Or Lexx or whatever). And then I would spontaneously combust with fury.
                  Last edited by Blencathra; 02 June 2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    I think a continuation would be the best idea. My problem is that I love the original actors and stories far too much to have them tinkered with. I can't imagine anyone else but Paul Darrow as Avon or Jacqueline Pearce as Servalan...etc etc. And I guess they would want to alter Terry Nation's brilliant scripts & add loads more sex and explosions *shudder*

Yes I agree it does deserve a wider audience. But once again, I have reservations about that coming about via a reboot. I can just hear people now.... "It's just like Firefly..." (Or Lexx or whatever). And then I would spontaneously combust with fury.
                    That is a fair point actually. Though that does make me imagine a Blake 7 / Firefly crossover... Picture how Mal would get on with Avon.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      That is a fair point actually. Though that does make me imagine a Blake 7 / Firefly crossover... Picture how Mal would get on with Avon.
                      More spontaneous combustions I would imagine.

Or Avon would shoot Mal in the back while he wasn't looking.

Comment

Working...
                      X