Orphan Black News / Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orphan Black News / Discussion Thread

I thought I'd make a thread for Orphan Black since nobody else already has. Maybe in time we can get a dedicated folder!

If you haven't see it, check out this trailer.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

I remember reading a little about Orphan Black's premise (before watching it), and getting a definite "meh" feeling. Clones? Not really my thing.

Or so I thought.

Tatiana Maslany's amazing character (and acting) made me see the light.

The best show airing now.

Comment

Originally posted by rolfbjarne View Post
      I remember reading a little about Orphan Black's premise (before watching it), and getting a definite "meh" feeling. Clones? Not really my thing.
      Me too! She portrays each character so well that I actually forget they're played by the same person.

Comment

You beat me to it creating this thread, congratulates, Orphan Black certainly deserves at least its own thread, and if it continues the way it began, intriguing ideas and great performances then eventually its very own folder?

Awaiting Season Two!

Opinion, innovative idea, kept lean, unfolding slowly in intriguing ways, how many more clones does she have out there, will they uncover their makers and who else is showing an interest in this spin on human evolution?
        Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
        once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
        sigpic

Comment

Worth the wait, evolving nicely.
          Occasional writer, fledgling film/TV producer with ambitions to launch a bold new vision for a Stargate TV series,
          once I've raised the seed funding and credibility to attract Warner's attention.
          sigpic

Comment

I really liked season one. The best sci-fi show in 2013.

But I was pretty disappointed with this new season. The story could have gone in so many directions, but it went down a path i didn't like. Can't really talk about it without spoilers.

My wish is a few new clones to be added to this (still) amazing show...
            I recommend it to everyone who doesn't care too much about science facts or police/detective protocols...

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
              I really liked season one. The best sci-fi show in 2013.

But I was pretty disappointed with this new season. The story could have gone in so many directions, but it went down a path i didn't like. Can't really talk about it without spoilers.

My wish is a few new clones to be added to this (still) amazing show...
              I recommend it to everyone who doesn't care too much about science facts or police/detective protocols...
              Really? I think adding more clones now would seriously risk approaching multi-clone pileup territory. What is it about this season's path that you don't like. You can explain if you use spoiler tags.

Spoilers below for 2x03 - Mingling Its Own Nature With It

Spoiler:
              • Alison's seriously going off the rails here. Beth was uptight too and we saw how that worked out
              • Angie really can't keep her nose out of things. I really hope Art does end up reporting her.
              • Cosima coped pretty well with her clone's autopsy. I thought she was going to lose her lunch.
              • Now Daniel's impersonating a detective and shooting cops? Was it just me or was he giving off a bit of a terminator vibe?
              • Also, this new group of Prolethians is really giving me the creeps. I wonder what they have planned for Helena.

Comment

Adding more clones at this stage would be a step too far.
                How could you make those clones appear without a plausible explanation, surely there are more out there who have never heard of and never will hear of those we're now following?

Unless the evil corporation (there's always an evil corporation) is broken and in breaking reveals the locations of more girls.

But that, I suspect would be reserved for another season.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm avoiding previous comments so I don't spoil myself. Recently started watching this show and have really enjoyed the first 5-6 episodes. The acting as great and the story pulled me in pretty quick. I'll probably be caught up soon (with the BBC America schedule).
                  sigpic

Comment

I finally got around to watching the latest episode.

Spoilers below for 2x04 - Governed as It Were by Chance

Spoiler:
                    Yay! Helena is well and truly back, Alison in rehab is looking like a barrel of laughs, and we got to see Sarah impersonate Rachel. It also looks like Rachel isn't as cold as we thought.

Comment

Spoilers below for 2x05 - Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
                      Spoiler:
                      This episode was great. Helena and Felix, brother sestra, Helena and Art and all the food, Sarah calling Helena "meathead", Delphine saying they'd have to kill Scott's family if they told him anything . The Prolethians were extra creepy what with sewing Gracie's mouth shut, and Rachel has a serious power complex.

The bit near the end with Sarah and Helena was great. They make a family!

Comment

This is not good. Not at all.

Next year I will stay away until the entire season has aired and watch the whole thing in one sitting.

Comment

Well, I'm beginning to enjoy season 2.
                          Like I said, I didn't like it at first. But the last few episodes (up to 6) there have been a lot of answers, and the backstory is going in the right direction now.
                          I still would like to see more clones (we know they do exist, Rachel had videotapes with more names on), and there would be plenty of room, the show hasn't got that many characters. I don't believe it will happen though... Maybe next season?

Comment

I think it's av good thing they don't introduce too many clones, it can become quite hard to make them different enough and still be believable characters.

My personal favorite so far is Helena

Comment

Originally posted by rolfbjarne View Post
                              I think it's av good thing they don't introduce too many clones, it can become quite hard to make them different enough and still be believable characters.

My personal favorite so far is Helena
                              Yes, Helena is cool, even though we must not forget she is a cold blooded killer.

I disagree on the subject of more clones, though. I know I'm in minority here, but I still see room (and need) for a few more...

And what is up with Cal? He is not what he seems?

And ... Something else I thought about: Paul ...
                              Spoiler:
                              ... Paul is acting really strange since he came back from his trip. So I had a crazy theory : That he actually also might be a clone, and that some other copy came back, instead of 'old' Paul??
                              - Just a weird thought I'm looking forward to get to know more about his past...
                              Last edited by Cluas; 28 May 2014, 12:56 PM. Reason: to add

Comment

Working...
                              X