Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swedish Sci-Fi TV Series called Äkta människor (Real Humans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swedish Sci-Fi TV Series called Äkta människor (Real Humans)

Starting a new thread about this show because I did not find any search results relating to it. Has anyone else seen the Swedish Sci-Fi TV Series called "Äkta människor" = "Real Humans"? If so, what do you think about it?

They just showed the second season and I think the show is Spectacular! Unless you understand Swedish, you'll need to find the episodes with subtitles, but that's not difficult to do. It's really a superb show, the main storyline & minor story lines are awesome. They are moving right along with tons of things you'd wonder about if this was actually happening today. Highly recommend it. I think someone may be picking it up & remaking it or taking it over possibly, like BBC or someone else, hopefully.

This is my first post & I hope I can post links...? My apologies in advance if links are not allowed.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180271/

In a parallel present the artificial human has come into its own. Robots no longer have anything robot-like about them. New technology and advancements in the field of science have made it possible to manufacture a product - a kind of mechanized servant - that is so similar to a real human that it can often be considered a perfectly good substitute. The Human Robot (HUBOT) have also given rise to new problems and dilemmas. Thorny legal questions have increasingly started to occupy people's minds and are still waiting to be answered: Who is responsible for the actions of a hubot? Do hubots have some form of "hubot rights"? Should they be paid for their work? As an ever growing number of people form relationships with hubots, the boundaries between human and machine become blurred. When humans make copies of themselves, which are so close to the real thing they form emotional bonds, the questions arises - What does it really mean to be 'human'?
    Interesting concept.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      Interesting concept.
      I hope you like watching it.

Comment

Nice concept. Foreign language are doing well at the moment in the UK, so I wouldn't be surprise if the BBC/Channel4/or Five pick it up.

Comment

Thanks to the OP for suggesting this series. I for one like Almost Human, but this series seems better so far.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Nice concept. Foreign language are doing well at the moment in the UK, so I wouldn't be surprise if the BBC/Channel4/or Five pick it up.
            Cool, didn't know that =I'm from the USA, thanks for letting me know. Seems like there's more sci-fi interest now than almost any time I can remember from the past.

Originally posted by siles View Post
            Thanks to the OP for suggesting this series. I for one like Almost Human, but this series seems better so far.
            You are quite welcome. What do you think of the actors and actresses who play the HuBots? The woman who plays Vera (Anki Larsson) for example, is awesome. We love the almost constant 'look that can kill' she always has on her face, LoL.

Comment

Watch the first couple of episodes good show, wondering who going to have sex with the housemaid first, the son or the father. I feel sorry that the old bloke got the hubot from hell. It going to be interesting to see if the slow patient approach to Odi will eventually lead to him becoming fully functional again.

It also weird watching it because Swedish sounds at times so similar to English at times.

Comment

Hello Knowles2, very glad that you like it so far. Keep watching as I really think you will enjoy where the stories take us. And I agree, some words do sound/seem like English words.

Comment

I saw Humans recently, then sought out Äkta Människor. This is one of the best SF series that I have ever seen. It really had my heart jumping in some espisodes. So many surprises (even though I saw the remake, which does not follow the exact plot admittedly).
                  I will be eagerly awaiting 1001, the next project from creator Lars.

Comment

Very good, and different

Comment

Working...
                    X