X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come no Roswell forum?

This is NOT a request to have a Roswell forum

I was just curious as to why there is not one (not even in archives)

I never had much interest in this series but recently started watching it and it is far better than I expected (perhaps my low expectations made it better?) but I have to say it is much better than many other SyFy series (to my surprise) I enjoyed

It also has a great intro song I can't get out of my head. Only with Firefly and Roswell do I watch the intro to hear the song (normally skip on all others)

Just curious about the why. Figure there must be something I am ignorant of

Wulfmann

There is a thread but it doesn't looks as though anyone has posted in a while.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/2...hlight=roswell

Comment

History has shown that interest in shows decrease significantly after they finished airing. Since Roswell has been off the air for a long time their is not enough interest to justify a folder for Roswell. I personally think GW has way too many folders on TV shows as it is.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to catch up to SYFY shows

I never intended to watch this being high school for me was in the 60's but truth is we all remember high school and understand the dynamics no matter how old we get so not only was the show itself better but relating to the basics was easier than I thought.

Wulfmann

Comment

It is a good show which I'm glad that netflix has so new people can watch it. I agree it was one of the better teen shows (that I can still watch even though I'm in my twenties).
          sigpic

Comment

Good show, terrible last season/episode. Talk about leaving lots of stories unresolved. The reason there no forum is because it aired before gateworld even existed as a individual site and it never really gained the kind of fan base that would justify a sub forum of it own 10 years after it finished airing.
            Last edited by knowles2; 20 February 2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Roswell was always an interesting series to me; I've always wanted to watch it but always end up getting distracted. To see a series set in Roswell is interesting and unique.

And about the TV forums, I hear Revolution needs something in the threads department.
              Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfmann View Post
                ...Roswell...

I never had much interest in this series but recently started watching it and it is far better than I expected (perhaps my low expectations made it better?) but I have to say it is much better than many other SyFy series (to my surprise) I enjoyed

It also has a great intro song I can't get out of my head. Only with Firefly and Roswell do I watch the intro to hear the song (normally skip on all others)...
                Hi Wulfmann, yes, that intro song for Roswell is very haunting. I hear it occasionally in our grocery store, depending on what radio station they have playing. And I've never kept up on who sings what nowadays, but I can tell when the person singing that song is singing other songs -- there is something either in the way the song is sung or the music playing in the background that I just have a strong suspicion that it's the same person.

And yes, the series (from (1999–2002) didn't totally disappoint me. It had it's ups and downs, with twists and surprises here and there, but I loved the ending. I think seeing the series all the way thru to the ending (the very last episode to the very last scene) helped me appreciate the ending that much more.

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                It is a good show which I'm glad that netflix has so new people can watch it. I agree it was one of the better teen shows (that I can still watch even though I'm in my twenties).
                I liked the conflict, oh goodness, especially when Max ended up in extreme danger (1st season), and the whole eppy reminded me of Starman, except in Roswell, there were teenagers involved.
                Spoiler:
                The White Room!
                Max is captured and about to be dissected!
                ...typical reaction of most fear-prone area 51 alien hunters

The episodes around that story just had me on the edge panic zone, hoping for a happy ending, but never knowing until the moment(s) passed.

I also sort of enjoyed it when Emilie de Ravin joined, because she was so Barbie-doll-like gorgeous, but hated how her role
                Spoiler:
                wrecked Max's life away from Liz.
                grrrrrrrrrr.
                Still, it was sort of sad when she (Tess--part of the original foursome alien team) finally left the (other) threesome (aliens) alone and on their own again.
                Last edited by SGalisa; 22 February 2014, 06:33 PM. Reason: info correction

Comment

Thanks for blocking the spoilers as I am past half way season 3 and would not want to know what happens.
                  2 eps a night, be done Wednesday and I am going to switch gears to Justified.

I know most people think I am nuts for not having Netflix or similar but this way I am not tempted to turn on the boob tube except for 30 minutes of NEWS and 1.5 hours of DVD

Even thou your 25??? LOL I am going on 65 and can still relate to the awkward shyness of teenage relationships and I guess the way Max and Liz act these out is one of the better jobs of showing that innocence and insecurities we had back then.

On a side note the actors are generally on an even level except of course for Kathrine Heigl who is just at a higher level and I would say the careers since bear that out. Not knocking the others they were all very good but she was just a bit too good

Some things got a bit stupid like getting on a military base and into a hanger where a real space ship was kept without a single guard even outside when the hanger door was opening and the ship was attempting to power up but there will always be a few SNAFUs

I did not realize Johnathon Frakes played the celeb in the Roswell convention bit. That would have made it even funnier had I realized it was him when I saw it

Wulfmann

Comment

I didn't know who Johnathon Frakes was the first time I saw that episode. And I recently rewatched a few episodes (that being one of them) and now that I've seen TNG that whole situation is lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for blocking the spoilers as I am past half way season 3 and would not want to know what happens.
                      You're welcome.
                      It's sort of challenging trying to figure out where to drop some seeds of potential interest and when to block out more significant details. To me, they're all sort of significant..

I did not realize Johnathon Frakes played the celeb in the Roswell convention bit. That would have made it even funnier had I realized it was him when I saw it
                      Based on IMDb, he actually showed up in 3 separate episodes.

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                      I didn't know who Johnathon Frakes was the first time I saw that episode. And I recently rewatched a few episodes (that being one of them) and now that I've seen TNG that whole situation is lol.
                      Here's some Roswell trivia.
                      Background---When I used to read the Star Trek discussion sites, that's when I first heard about Jonathan Frakes being involved in a huge way with Tv's then new series "Roswell". Trekkies / Trekkers were super excited about watching Jonathan Frakes in "Roswell", and especially with the first episode or so, that I just had to find out what all of the hub-bub was all about. It got even more interesting when Jonathan Frakes' real life wife, Genie Francis also showed up in Roswell, as a very important character.

In addition to being Commander William Riker on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (beginning in 1987), according to IMDb,
                      Jonathan Frakes' contributions and credits for *Roswell* are--
                      (as a storyline character, executive producer for the Roswell series, and also as director)

Spoiler:
                      Roswell (TV Series) (in character)
                      Jonathan Frakes / Festival's M.C.
                      - Secrets and Lies (2001) ... Jonathan Frakes (uncredited)
                      - The Convention (2000) ... Jonathan Frakes (uncredited)
                      - Pilot (1999) ... Festival's M.C. (uncredited)

Roswell (TV Series) (executive producer - 14 episodes)
                      - Secrets and Lies (2001) ... (executive producer)
                      - Significant Others (2001) ... (executive producer)
                      - How the Other Half Lives (2001) ... (executive producer)
                      - Disturbing Behavior (2001) ... (executive producer)
                      - We Are Family (2001) ... (executive producer)
                      - To Serve and Protect (2001) ... (executive producer)
                      - Summer of '47 (2000) ... (executive producer)
                      - Surprise (2000) ... (executive producer)
                      - Ask Not (2000) ... (executive producer)
                      - Skin and Bones (2000) ... (executive producer)
                      - Leaving Normal (1999) ... (executive producer)
                      - Monsters (1999) ... (executive producer)
                      - The Morning After (1999) ... (executive producer)
                      - Pilot (1999) ... (executive producer)

Roswell (TV Series) (as Director -- 5 episodes)
                      - Behind the Music (2001)
                      - Secrets and Lies (2001)
                      - The White Room (2000)
                      - Four-Square (2000)
                      - River Dog (1999)

Anywho . . . Jonathan Frakes is also married to Genie Francis (Laura on General Hospital).
                      Genie Francis guest starred on "Roswell" portraying Max's true (alien entity) mom.

Spoiler:
                      Roswell (TV Series)
                      (Mother)
                      - Destiny (2000) ... Mother

Comment

Oh that's cool that he directed and was a main producer.
                        sigpic

Comment

I watched the last two episodes last night.

Since I don't know anything about this series other than watching it and this thread IMO it seemed like there was to be a season 4 but then the last two episodes did a whirlwind wrap up. Just my observation.

It also did it in a way that could have been brought back with a new story line (Obviously never happened.)

This is all based on my ignorance without any idea of what really happened.

It is funny how I never thought I would like this series and now can say it was one of the top 5 SYFY shows I have watched.

I wonder what else I passed over that would be great???

Tonight I start "Justified"!!! I like to contrast shows

Thanks for all the info

Wulfmann

Comment

I liked this show too, watched it when it first aired but never saw it in its entirety. I started to watch it again recently on Netflix but lost track again as there's just so much to choose from, and as much as I like to sit down for a marathon viewing there never seems to be much time to do so.

I was surprised when the theme tune used for the show came from an album I had and played endlessly. The track is 'Here With Me' from the album 'No Angel' by Dido. This and her following album 'Life for Rent' are ones I can play again and again.

Comment

Roswell was pretty awesome show to girly for me at times but if you get passed that it was a pretty good series

Comment

Working...
                              X