Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesse Eisenberg Cast to play Lex Luthor . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesse Eisenberg Cast to play Lex Luthor . . .

Why don't they want me to see this movie?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/jess...e-warner-bros/

Huh. I thought they'd already cast that breaking bad dude?
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Horrible choice imo. He's not old enough to believably play someone who's built up a large industrial empire and he doesn't the right presence for Lex.

Maybe he will surprise me but at this moment I just can't see him standing up to Superman and not looking ridiculous.

I am however happy with them casting Jeremy Irons has Alfred. I just hope that the role won't just be a small cameo.

Comment

What happened to Bryan Cranston?
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

I think those were only rumors.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I posted it and I still don't believe it. It has to be some horrible mistake. Cranston is the right person for the role. I went back and read the original story about Cranston being cast again and it talks about the deal possibly being for 6 films or as many as 10. They must not have been able to make it work or maybe some executive decided he was too old to appeal to pre-teen and teen money. It is crazy! Like I said, they keep making moves like they don't want me to see this movie and since Affleck was cast I don't plan on it. I came back on board with Cranston, but now I am out again. LOL

Comment

I'm actually really interested to see what the take is going to be here.

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                I personally would have liked Lex to be about the same age as Superman. A young, ambitious Luther would make for a more interesting villain.
                Horrible choice imo. He's not old enough to believably play someone who's built up a large industrial empire and he doesn't the right presence for Lex.
                Hmm?
                Last edited by Naonak; 01 February 2014, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Ok, I´ll admit I thought he was younger than he is, thought he was still around 25 which would have been to young

Comment

Okay I did read that Cranston himself said he hadn't heard anything, so the original story was just a rumor that many over zealous media outlets tried to capitalize on.

Comment

Ok, I´ll admit I thought he was younger than he is, thought he was still around 25 which would have been to young
                      He's about the same age as Henry Cavill, so they picked a guy of the proper age, at least if they want to continue considering Smallville as a part of the canon.
                      sigpic

Comment

Umm... Smallville isn't canon with Man of Steel?
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Maybe he will surprise me but at this moment I just can't see him standing up to Superman and not looking ridiculous.

I am however happy with them casting Jeremy Irons has Alfred. I just hope that the role won't just be a small cameo.
                          He inherited most of it from his dad didn't he. An in to days world you got fairly young people running multi billion dollars companies like Google, Facebook,

Comment

Cavill and Eisenberg are both 30 years old. I have(somewhere stored) a Superboy comic that has the original story of how Lex became Superboy/man's arch enemy. It's seems they were in High school together and the best of friends till a lab accident burned all of Lex's hair off. Lex of course blamed Superboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                              Umm... Smallville isn't canon with Man of Steel?
                              Thankfully!

On the casting... I don't know what to think.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                              X