Half-Life 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half-Life 2

Anyone here play Half-Life 2? I found out about the game a month ago from a friend who is way too young to be playing a 1st-person shooter of such ferocity. I never played the original half-life but have been playing the demo to HL2 for a month now and just purchased the game. I can't wait to experience the rich environments and blow stuff up.

The game is simply amazing. Its so much fun. You'll enjoy it. And play CS-Source. That's a great add-on!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I have started playing it especially since I am starting to play online. Someone mentioned that it would be a good game to start with.

Comment

I'm just taken by the realism. I took one of the buzz saws up with the gravity gun and tossed it directly above me, and the wind picked it up and carried it about ten feet. So I moved to intercept it and when it came down it killed me. Unbelieveable!

I am also impressed that if you're really near an explosion your hearing is damaged.

Comment

*stares at David*

Let me get this straight. You tried to catch a falling buzzsaw??!!

And here I thought you were pretty smart.

Comment

The environment is pretty cool, but I'm holding off on buying the game until one of the Stargate conversion mods I've heard about comes out.

Comment

www.stargatesource.com is one of the conversion mods for HL2.

Oh and HL2 is amazing, thankfully I have a awesome pc that I just built to experience at its maximum effect. I beat the game in 4 days though

Comment

I play the game Built my new pc to let it run smoothly Great game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  *stares at David*

Let me get this straight. You tried to catch a falling buzzsaw??!!

And here I thought you were pretty smart.
                  Not in real life. And if you played the game you'd be tempted to see what it is capable of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    Not in real life. And if you played the game you'd be tempted to see what it is capable of doing.
                    Well, yes, OBVIOUSLY not in real life or you wouldn't be here talking about it. But your callous disregard for the well-being of your poor, innocent little game person is shocking... simply shocking.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not willingly seek out situations that will result in my (sim) death. The deaths of OTHERS, yes, and I can certainly imagine shoving a certain someone into the path of a falling buzzsaw, but I wouldn't want to be standing there myself. I guess I have a few too many brain cells for that.

You'll have a chance to prove me wrong soon enough, THEN we'll see who runs around splattering their(sim)self all over the screen.

Comment

Yes, I will definitely have to let everyone get a good look at HL2

Comment

Yeah HL2 is pretty sweet. Much better than Doom3 was. Looking forward to some of the Stargate mods for it too

Lol just thought of something, the grav gun in HL2's real name is the Zero-Point Weapon or something like that isnt it? If thats the case they should grab a ZPM and make it into a Grav Gun on Stargate

Comment

My son plays. I had to trudge all over town to find the one that came with the T-shirt.
                          sigpic
                          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I am just 'super wowed' by the graphics. I myself haven't played, but have seen my brother play it.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

This was well worth the wait, I remember how realistic and awsome HL1 was when it came out . HL1 was also what introduced me to online gaming over 5 years ago .

Comment

Working...
                              X