The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

So for some reason this morning I had the theme song from one of my favorite childhood TV shows stuck in my head today and I got to wondering: could the show be converted into a successful film trilogy the á là Michael Bay's Transformers? I'm talking about the original show that aired from 1993-1995 on Fox.

Personally, I think it could be possible. We're seeing more and more cartoons and comic book franchises that were popular with Generation-Y turned into film trilogies and sagas, I think—if done properly—there may be potential in that franchise, or it could end up being a bust like the live-action G.I. Joe films.

So, if you think it would make a fairly decent film franchise, who would top your list for cast and crew?

There is something to be said though for people wanting to see old cartoons from their past being made live action because they want to see those characters brought into the real world. Power Rangers already is live action so it doesn't really have the same effect.... besides it did get a movie once or twice anyway. Plus there's not a whole lot you can do with it except ramp up the devastation and explosions and make it more "adult" by throwing in more angst and a little more adversity.

I always enjoyed Power Rangers in my youth but I don't think it's a show that would lend itself to film series no.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Eh.

I'd rather just watch the old stuff on Netflix. They have a good chunk of the shows.
      sigpic

Comment

Ohhh that takes me back. I remember Power Rangers Wild Force, now that was good.

To be honest I think it could be turned into something, but it basically would be Transformers in my opinion. The appeal of Power Rangers was that it was aimed at the youthful minds and it captured us as children, where as now though, we have a certain set standard as to what would make it a successful series for a more all-round audience, and I don't think that is really possible with Power Rangers.

With Transformers you have action,guns,explosions, cool alien technological life forms that can turn into a variety of things, soldiers etc. With Power Rangers you would have teenagers who can morph who have a megazord and a handful of other zords, but again I think you would be looking at something that could be a success as a kids program.

Comment

If they were to make a Power Ranger movie.
          From which series within the Franchise would you select fro such treatment?
          For there have been so many.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I am an ORIGINAL MMPR kid!!!! hahhahahahaha!!! I have the the three seasons of the ORIGINALS on DVD as well as the movie they made!! hahah!! OMG! I loved them as a kid!! I even got to meet the Second Gen. Yellow Ranger Aisha as DragonCON! LOL!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X