Worst SciFi show of the new millennium: Starhunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst SciFi show of the new millennium: Starhunter

And I have been told this piece of garbage was where the idea for Firefly came from.

I watched a couple of episodes (I had to watch a second to make sure the first wasn't just a horrible joke) and am amazed anyone could make that show preview it and say "yeah, we nailed that, great job everyone"

Michael Pare is not as bad as every other actor but there is no way he can save incredibly bad writing and directing not to mention lame special effects

Unbelievable

Wulfmann

Competitors:
    - Andromeda
    - Cavemen
    - Cleopatra 2525
    - Flash Gordon
    - Mutant X
    - Sheena
    - Star Trek: Enterprise
    - V
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I haven't watched this show yet, so I can't really give an opinion.

You know, the worst part about this theme is that will always be a next show which will make the ones we're discussion look like master pieces. Really.

But I suppose to make good shows we have to get a few misses. Part of the game.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Haven't seen Starhunter. Used to like watching Cleopatra 2525. Because of Mauser type reasons. Thought about watching Andromeda, but can't find streaming.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfmann View Post
          And I have been told this piece of garbage was where the idea for Firefly came from.

I watched a couple of episodes (I had to watch a second to make sure the first wasn't just a horrible joke) and am amazed anyone could make that show preview it and say "yeah, we nailed that, great job everyone"

Michael Pare is not as bad as every other actor but there is no way he can save incredibly bad writing and directing not to mention lame special effects

Unbelievable

Wulfmann
          I didn't realize it was even being aired yet. I thought it was a future project.

Comment

I did buy this complete series two years ago because I had liked Michael Pare in other shows and the description sounded really good. I was hoping for a gem similar to Firefly. But I didn't make it through the second episode. It was so terrible.

The one I bought was this one... STARHUNTER
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm39030425...ef_=tt_pv_md_2

This is the one I checked out of the Library.

Some of the lines are so bad and delivered so bad you almost think it was done on purpose like losing the last game so your team gets the worst record and first pick in the draft.

What is the "Mauser type reason" M???

Wulfmann

Comment

If Starhunter is the show I'm thinking it is, I almost bought it at Target for like, 5 bucks a couple years ago. It was the complete series, so I was thinking "Hey, even if its bad its only five bucks..."
                sigpic

Comment

The Walking Dead.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Star Trek: Enterprise
                    What was wrong with Enterprise? Sure, it was a little dull compared to the others, but it was still overall fun.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

- V
                      Enterprise had some pretty good moments and was really picking up steam when it ended. Took too long to get moving.

V wasn't great, but was picking up steam as well. One of the few sci-fi shows every my wife loved and I didn't care for.

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      The Walking Dead.
                      I'm not a fan of this show either, but calling it one of the worst is such a stretch. Just because you don't like a show doesn't make it terrible. This is obviously a well done show, I guess I just generally don't care for zombie stuff.
                      sigpic

Comment

and anromeda comes too fine side just because it's effects and i said andromeda series effects are better than star trek: enterprise

Comment

I don't care for zombie stuff either and avoid shows with zombies like the plague.

Andromeda is pretty good IMO. I even liked the much-maligned fifth season. But then, I guess I'm easy to please, since I also liked the last two seasons of SG-1, at least those episodes not directly connected to the Ori arc, which I found boring.

ST:ENT is my favorite Trek, followed by DS9.

Haven't seen Starhunter yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

Competitors:
                            - Andromeda
                            - Cavemen
                            - Cleopatra 2525
                            - Flash Gordon
                            - Mutant X
                            - Sheena
                            - V

damn...andromeda was very good... it has its bad parts like "acting" but otherwise it was more entertaining than most series... the andromeda universe was very interesting to me

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              I don't care for zombie stuff either and avoid shows with zombies like the plague.

Andromeda is pretty good IMO. I even liked the much-maligned fifth season. But then, I guess I'm easy to please, since I also liked the last two seasons of SG-1, at least those episodes not directly connected to the Ori arc, which I found boring.

ST:ENT is my favorite Trek, followed by DS9.

Haven't seen Starhunter yet.
                              Captain Archer would've kicked Kirk's backside...

I thought the Ori seasons were a little boring, but there was good material here and there. Besides how can you not love Ben Browder?

Comment

Working...
                              X