Best method of space travel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best method of space travel?

Here's a blog post I wrote to determine the best method of space travel between the Enterprise, Tardis, and Stargate.

http://todayinmyownwords.blogspot.co...el-device.html

I voted for the Tardis.
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Not improbability drive? *turns into a couch*
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post

I voted for the TARDIS.
      I second it.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

How about the 'Bloater Drive' from 'Bill: The Galactic Hero'
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

You forgot hyperspace on starwars!

Comment

Personally I like the idea of cruising around the galaxy while sitting in a comfy chair and watching a big screen tv so I vote Enterprise

Comment

Nibbler power
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The Tardis wins. And it is like traveling inside a Luxury Hotel. Privacy isn't really a problem with it either.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

TARDIS.

Who wants to have a cosey chair when you can dart like a loon between console controls?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The TARDIS.

It's bigger on the inside than the outside and it has a swimming pool.

Last edited by Blencathra; 27 September 2013, 04:46 AM.

Comment

well first of all in star trek they can have alcohol or meat all they need to do is go and buy it. star fleet is against real drinking but that doesn't mean the officers don't drink . As for meat if it could be cooked on a ds9 it could probably be cooked in the enterprise all is needed is a stove. If you looking at the ships, the defiant has a lot less people, seeing as it isn't a family ship and much better weapons than the enterpise and plus a cloak.

And a stargate does go to other galaxies seeing as there is a whole show about them doing that. And if technically so does sgu and last seasons of sg-1. Sure there is a need for zpms for the power.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                        well first of all in star trek they can have alcohol or meat all they need to do is go and buy it. star fleet is against real drinking but that doesn't mean the officers don't drink . As for meat if it could be cooked on a ds9 it could probably be cooked in the enterprise all is needed is a stove. If you looking at the ships, the defiant has a lot less people, seeing as it isn't a family ship and much better weapons than the enterpise and plus a cloak.

And a stargate does go to other galaxies seeing as there is a whole show about them doing that. And if technically so does sgu and last seasons of sg-1. Sure there is a need for zpms for the power.
                        Sorry... all I heard there was - "nowhere near as cool as the TARDIS".

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

TARDIS. It's bigger on the inside.

Besides, it's a spaceship that does time travel on purpose.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            Sorry... all I heard there was - "nowhere near as cool as the TARDIS".
                            I honestly don't know much about doctor who, I've seen a few episodes didn't really care for it that much (not enough characters). And I'm not sure if I've seen it go through space.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                              I honestly don't know much about doctor who, I've seen a few episodes didn't really care for it that much (not enough characters). And I'm not sure if I've seen it go through space.
                              Here you go. The TARDIS flying.

Spoiler:

and drifting...

You can sit with your legs dangling in space while you eat your sandwiches.

Sometimes other people fly it.

Sometimes the Doctor himself isn't a very good pilot

But he usually manges to get where he wants to go, with a few bumps along the way.

And sometimes he just likes to show off

Last edited by Blencathra; 02 October 2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X