Robocop 2014 Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robocop 2014 Remake

Im sure I saw a thread for this a while ago, but I cant find it, please merge if there is one.

First trailer for the 2014 Robocop remake

Thoughts?

Looks like it might be decent. But i thought Karl Urban was supposed to be in it?

Comment

Samuel L. Jackson... Is there a film franchise that he doesn't have a part in?

The trailer looks good. But there are going to be those who remember the original. And will
      compare the two.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

This will either be pretty good or completely terrible. The February release date doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

Comment

the Trailer made me want to watch it so I am gonna watch it eventually
          sigpic

Comment

First thing I noticed.."Is that Michael Keaton?" Dang. When was the last time He was in a movie?

I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Besides cartoons (voices) TV made movies, he was in Penthouse north (2012) and the other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                Samuel L. Jackson... Is there a film franchise that he doesn't have a part in?

The trailer looks good. But there are going to be those who remember the original. And will
                compare the two.
                It's only been 25ish years, there's going to be a lot of people comparing it to the original, the original was one of the first movies I ever saw in a cinema and was fantastic.

The fact that the studio pitched this from the start as a 12A, means it will pale into insignificance compared to the original, the original was refused classification 20+ times until they cut a large chunk violence out, and even then there was still so much violence left in that was considered too much by some.

This will be like watching a cartoon by comparison, and dare I say, it was the violence and gore that made the original so successful, from the execution scene to the robot going nuts to the guy getting run over by the car, it was in the dna of the film.

I don't mind these re-imaging, it's wrong to call them remakes unless they follow the original script and storyline, I just wish the studios would come up with new titles for them (granted might be a bit hard for Robocop). For example Total Recall was ok as a standalone story, but was crap compared to the original.
                Last edited by Ian-S; 10 September 2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X