Need ... More... Sci fi ... Shows ... NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ... More... Sci fi ... Shows ... NOW

I am so disappointed, have been trying to find some good series to watch. But it seems like there is no more good sci fi out there. I was looking at the projects in development, and there is almost nothing that interests me, it's like all the new series coming out soon is made for kids (or teenagers at least).

There is the "Twelve Monkeys" Tv series, and a rumor of "Eyes of the Dragon" being made too. BUT that is ALL.

Do I want to watch "The Hundred" or "Helix" or "Tomorrow People" or some spin-off from a series I hated?

NOOO!!! GIVE ME SOME REAL FRACKING SCI FI !!!!

I have seen all (ALL) of the (good) old sci fi shows. I have even seen all the new ones. The only sci fi running right now is "Under the Dome" which I really dislike (even though I like Stephen King)

I also watched "Defiance", it was very painful. Also "Revolution" was an even bigger pain to get though.
    "Orphan Black" was very good, some of the best TV in a long time. But it was only 10 episodes, and will continue in 2014. DOH!! Same with "Continuum", it was a great show, but now I have to wait to the next season

So I was thinking, that I must have overlooked something. And there must be some people here, with some advise, for poor little me???

Can anyone name a few shows from the past, ongoing or coming up, that are ...:

* Not for teenagers (The Tomorrow people),
    * Not too much drama (like Under the Dome),
    * Not to cheesy (like Defiance, Falling Skies)
    * NOT WITHOUT some sci fi elements

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to any suggestions...
    Last edited by Cluas; 13 August 2013, 01:37 AM. Reason: to add

Your already knocking the 100 and the tomorrow people? they havent even aired yet

There is a new remake of Blake's 7 coming out, and also sci fi seems to be trending on the big screen alot lately so one would think that the trend should follow to television next season or something

if you don't like that then you could try anime, theres alot of sci fi anime out there if your desperate open a MAL account (unless you have one) you will find the genre specific anime recommendations to watch there
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I'm not sure what you have seen, Sanctuary was very good (still mad at syfy for canceling it), I just watched Primeval (original) was very good. And of course there is always Lost!

If you looking for something currently on, yeah there isn't really a lot that isn't about teens. There is Grimm (might be more of a fantasy show). But it is really good and is between seasons, but by the time you watch the first two seasons, it would be almost time for season 3 which airs in October.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
        Your already knocking the 100 and the tomorrow people? they havent even aired yet
        Completely agree with this. They very well may end up being bad, but give it a shot at least. Also, there is a TON of potential this fall, S.H.I.E.L.D., Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow all look to be solid. Falling Skies has what I call it's "Speilberg family moments" now and then, but I thought this third season was really good. The original Being Human on BBCA is airing its final season now, that's worth a catch up.

Comment

Sounds like you have a very narrow window of what you consider "good sci-fi" but it might help if you told us what current tv shows you do\have watched.
          sigpic

Comment

It's hard to recommend something from the past without knowing what you've already seen. I´m currently re-watching "The 4400" which is a great show.

For next season I´d keep an eye out for SHIELD, Almost Human and Intelligence, they all seem like they could be good. Sadly there are no space based shows that have made it to the pilot stage. I recall that syfy had a list of potential shows like that but nothing seems to have come of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              Sounds like you have a very narrow window of what you consider "good sci-fi" but it might help if you told us what current tv shows you do\have watched.
              Thank you. Yes my window IS narrow, that's why I wanted to know if I missed something. "Blakes 7" was mentioned, I look forward to that. I'm gonna check out, "Almost Human" and "Intelligence", thanks. '

But the other suggestions, erhmm yes I have a very narrow window.

I don't want to watch anime, I disliked Sanctuary, I hated Grimm, I'm not really into superheroes, "Falling Skies" was booooring, "Sleepy Hollow", how on earth can that be sci fi?

I did watch The 4400 a long time ago, and "BSG", "Threshold", "Fringe", "The X Files", "Dark Skies", oohh but I can't mention them all.

Keep the suggestions coming, please. I know it's hard, but I need MORE SCI FI
              Last edited by Cluas; 14 August 2013, 06:36 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

I know, but think about it... "Tomorrow People" is a remake. "The 100" is about 100 teenagers, I can't accept that, sorry.

Comment

Farscape, Lexx, Andromeda, V

Comment

there is no real sci fi without space operas... there is no real sci fi without space battles... i don't care about shows like eureka etc... SPACE OPERA are the best...

Comment

Hopefully this show will get picked up:

http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-13/1st-...et-syfy-series

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                        Farscape, Lexx, Andromeda, V
                        Sorry, have seen all those, even the original V from the '80's

"High Moon" that sounds interesting.

Thanks for all the replies, folks...

Comment

Have you seen Babylon 5? That's the only space opera I can think of that hasn't been mentioned.

(Oh wait - Red Dwarf?)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                            I know, but think about it... "Tomorrow People" is a remake. "The 100" is about 100 teenagers, I can't accept that, sorry.
                            Nothing wrong with a remake if it's done right *points to BSG* and The 100 i'm on the fence about but i'll give that and Star-Crossed a try
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                              Have you seen Babylon 5? That's the only space opera I can think of that hasn't been mentioned.

(Oh wait - Red Dwarf?)
                              Yes, I liked B5, but Red Dwarf was boring

Nothing wrong with a remake if it's done right *points to BSG* and The 100 i'm on the fence about but i'll give that and Star-Crossed a try
                              Yeah guess I'll add "Tomorrow People" to my list, "Star-Crossed" I read about, romance is just not my thing

@ALL - THANKS, my list is growing, good to see all the different opinions

Comment

Working...
                              X