Elysium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elysium

Went to see this movie tonight. And not only was it a AWESOME movie. But the familer Vancouver faces were all over it, both in the cast and crew.

Amongest the crew:

Stunt AWESOMESS:
    Lauro Chartrand and the MAN James "Bam-Bam" Bamford

Amongest the cast:
    Faran Tahir (Star Trek (2009), Captain of the USS Kelvin)
    Carly Pope
    Jared Kesso
    Terry Chen
    Christina Cox (SG1 and SGA)
    Josh Blacker (SGU)
    Ona Grauer (SG1)
    and of course my biggest surprise

MICHAEL SHANKS
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

WOW ! ! ! I can't believe I missed Shanks and Grauer. I didn't love the film. It thought it looked great, but would have looked better had the camera REMAINED STATIONARY AT ALL TIMES ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I had high hopes and was a little disappointed. Or maybe just depressed by the message. I wanted Elysium to be great and it fell short in my book. But I missed Shanks, so maybe my brain turned off and I missed the moments that made it great too. I still recommend it.

Comment

Hmmm.. Will definitely have to watch it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
        WOW ! ! ! I can't believe I missed Shanks and Grauer. I didn't love the film. It thought it looked great, but would have looked better had the camera REMAINED STATIONARY AT ALL TIMES ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I had high hopes and was a little disappointed. Or maybe just depressed by the message. I wanted Elysium to be great and it fell short in my book. But I missed Shanks, so maybe my brain turned off and I missed the moments that made it great too. I still recommend it.
        I pretty much agree with Looney's take on the film.

would have looked better had the camera REMAINED STATIONARY AT ALL TIMES ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
        I know, right? Please stop the shaky close-ups during fight scenes! Hire a good fight choreographer and hold the @#$%-ing camera still. Please!

Comment

Just back from seeing this. I purposely steered clear of any information/trailers for this film so I was 'blind' going in. I just knew it was Blomkamp, so wanted to see it because I LOVED District 9. And also, I'm South African (so possibly a little biased).

The movie was flawed from a story-telling and characterisation viewpoint, but looked amazing and at least did have plot. So I am not disappointed at least. I would recommend watching this at the cinema because you'll at least be blown away by the special effects. Just don't go in expecting it to be as good as District 9.

I'm not normally a fan of the 'shaky camera' but at least the fight scenes were still well shot.

And I did immediately spot Michael Shanks! I have to wonder if he had more scenes which ended up being cut.
          sigpic
          sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Working...
          X