Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man of Steel sequel to feature Batman. . . Any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man of Steel sequel to feature Batman. . . Any thoughts?

Just heard this news is official. Man of Steel Part 2 to feature Batman. Who has comments?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/offi...eature-batman/
    Last edited by Looney; 20 July 2013, 01:06 PM. Reason: Addition

Green Cool news!

Assuming Christian Bale doesn't eventually cave, I suppose the question is Joseph Gordon-Levitt or not. Even though I really like JGL, he's not appropriate to play his fusion of Robins in the Batman suit, opposite Superman.

I'm not a comic person per say, but based on being a 90s kid, I think it has to be Bruce Wayne playing off of Superman. I doubt they'll cast a big name actor...
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Well i liked JGL in dark knight rises.. but i do agree, he is not the best in body type to play batman..

Comment

There will be no connection between the Nolan Batman movies and the Man of Steel movies. They will likely cast a relative unknown actor in the role to keep costs down.

I am looking forward to seeing the team up taking place. I just hope that they manage to make it work on the big screen as well as it does in the direct to DVD animated movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
          There will be no connection between the Nolan Batman movies and the Man of Steel movies. They will likely cast a relative unknown actor in the role to keep costs down.
          With movies that gross in the $100s of millions, I don't think unknown casting has much to do with money. From everything the studios have said, it's more to do with the audience accepting an actor as an iconic character.

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
          I am looking forward to seeing the team up taking place. I just hope that they manage to make it work on the big screen as well as it does in the direct to DVD animated movies.
          I'm skeptical. I loved the Nolan films, but I would honestly rank Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill above Christian Bale & Heath Ledger.

Bale was excellent, but Conroy is the Batman to me. His Bruce Wayne is the perfect mix of carefree playboy--not "dumb," but high intellect who supposedly doesn't take life too seriously; and Conroy's Batman somehow makes it believable that a mere human can make immortal superbeings quake in their boots. That's going to be darned difficult to pull off, casting an actor to play a character with no powers who can lend a hand to Superman.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

This will be the first time that the two iconic DC Superheroes will have appeared on the 'Big Screen' together.
            But I look forward to seeing it happen.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

In theory, JGL COULD play the role if he were to bulk up considerably. But he would not be "Bruce Wayne" as Batman, which I see as the problem.
              sigpic

Comment

I just hope they get the right actor to play Batman would have been cool to see Christian Bale's Batman beside Henry Cavil's Superman
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

I wonder if this is how Zack Snyder is trying to get his hands on Batman as well. I personally didn't love Man of Steel, but I didn't hate it either. I do like the first two Burton Batman's as well as loving Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, so the odds of me liking a new Batman are slim. Let's all be honest here, it is going to take an extremely special group to pull off a new Batman franchise that we'll all love. My opinion is that Nolan may be too big of an act to follow, regardless of the concept of it being a different Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    Green Cool news!

Assuming Christian Bale doesn't eventually cave, I suppose the question is Joseph Gordon-Levitt or not. Even though I really like JGL, he's not appropriate to play his fusion of Robins in the Batman suit, opposite Superman.

I'm not a comic person per say, but based on being a 90s kid, I think it has to be Bruce Wayne playing off of Superman. I doubt they'll cast a big name actor...
                    Presuming this will be a backdoor into creating new batman film's I presume they will cast someone that cheap but that can grow into the role and support their own Batman films in the future. or otherwise DC just going to end up with one gigantic mess on their hands with different actors playing characters in different films.

There will most likely be some attempt to link the past three batman films and Man of Steel together,
                    Last edited by knowles2; 21 July 2013, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I would have liked if Superman could get his own Trilogy first before jumping in the cold water with a Batman and Superman movie. I mean if Christian Bale isn't gonna be Batman than they need time to introduce the new Batman to the audience with his own movie, I think Marvel did it right and even if DC would copy their system, I think it still would have work, if they slowly would introduce Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern and combining them into a Justice League movie. That means I think that a Superman and Batman movie is too soon and we still need to get used to the new faces.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                        Just heard this news is official. Man of Steel Part 2 to feature Batman. Who has comments?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/offi...eature-batman/
                        Apparently the world-wide rites to this announcement are sponsored by Kleenex...

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                          This will be the first time that the two iconic DC Superheroes will have appeared on the 'Big Screen' together.
                          But I look forward to seeing it happen.
                          I believe they will both be in that upcoming LEGO movie first

Comment

Having these two together in one movie could be so amazing. I for one can't wait to see how this plays out.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                              I would have liked if Superman could get his own Trilogy first before jumping in the cold water with a Batman and Superman movie. I mean if Christian Bale isn't gonna be Batman than they need time to introduce the new Batman to the audience with his own movie, I think Marvel did it right and even if DC would copy their system, I think it still would have work, if they slowly would introduce Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern and combining them into a Justice League movie. That means I think that a Superman and Batman movie is too soon and we still need to get used to the new faces.
                              Batman is the one DC character who doesn't necessarily need to be introduced in a solo movie. People are familiar enough with the Batman mythology that it's mainly just a matter of establishing this particular characterisation of Bruce, which should be perfectly possible in a joint movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X