PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Character Appreciation Thread ( Spoilers for all seasons SG1/SGA)

Pages : [1] 2

Bagpuss
May 20th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Hi,and Welcome EVERYONE to this Thread! :D

After serious thought and discussion with ShadowMaat, I bring you the chance to have a good Thunk, Drool, or express your appreciation of your Favourite Show Character.Just keep it clean(ish). Remember the Golden Term of GW Posting:"P.G.Forum".

No attacks on anyone's Postings either! Jack and Daniel have their own Fan Threads, for their Devotees, but these Fans are welcome to join in the fun here too! No attacks on any Shippers Posting here, as that would be unfair as well!

So, if you feel lust for Lya, naughty about Nirrti, silly about Siler, or whoever you care to name.....(I like Luke,among others ;)), then you're in the right place!

Go for it and have FUN. Or be serious and considered. Up to you, Friends! :D

ShadowMaat
May 20th, 2004, 05:13 PM
LUKE! LUKE! LUKE! LUKE!

Luke rocks my world and I for one hope we see more of him in S8. Hell, I'd watch a whole ep just to see him! :P:P

I also find Jonas very thunkable. :D And Grogan. And Lt. Simmons. And Lt. Elliot. And Siler and his WRENCH... gotta love that. McKay has the whole geek thunk thing going for him. Sexy brain. hehe.

Hmmm... Chevron Guy's kinda cute, in a platonic sorta way. Gimme more time, I'm sure I missed loads. And, gotta say it again:

LUKE! LUKE! LUKE! LUKE!

Hooyah! :D

stargate barbie
May 20th, 2004, 05:15 PM
yay. i'm liking this thread. i'm gonna start by saying how much i love teal'c and how his character has developed over the course of the show. i love teal'cs sense of humour, and how much he cares about his friends, as well as how great a warrior he is.
and chris judge is pretty much a hottie too so that doesn't hurt ;)

and mckay is one of my all time fave guest stars on sg-1, so i'd hazard a guess that he'll be my fave on atlantis. to steal a phrase from the all mighty o'neill, i like the attitude :)

Shipperahoy
May 20th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I'm definately in the Major Davis thunking camp. He needs to be a major character. Perhaps they can make him Jack's aide or something.

petzke_42
May 20th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Colonel Chekov (sp?) should come back...Gary Chalk owns all.

ShadowMaat
May 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM
yay. i'm liking this thread. i'm gonna start by saying how much i love teal'c and how his character has developed over the course of the show.

Teal'c's too built up for me. I'm much more of a skinny/geek body type loving person. However, I do love T's personality, his deadpan and quirky sense of humor and he also has very nice biceps. :D

McKay is da man! I would LOVE to crawl inside his head and look around some time. Betcha it's a fascinating and very unexpected place full of hidden depths, secret passions and sudden black chasms.

I wanna see McKay's FLUFFY side! Muahaha! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/scorchio/sevil.gif

Shipperahoy
May 20th, 2004, 05:26 PM
No, seriously Shadow, who is it exactly that you like?

ShadowMaat
May 20th, 2004, 05:28 PM
No, seriously Shadow, who is it exactly that you like?

Gee, I wonder. ;)

Jonas will always be #1 in my heart, but there's plenty of room for more in my happy little world. :)

Bagpuss
May 20th, 2004, 05:29 PM
OMG-So many possibilities here!Man,am I glad I just stated "Stargate" and made it a broadly based Thread! :D

This way I'm kind of including the Movie and Atlantis characters in the Menu.

When I think Menu I start thinking of ........LUKE!!!!!! :D :D :D
(Gotta get my mind out of the gutter for soooooo many others too,but mainly LUKE!!) :D

Off to Beddy Byes as it's Bloomin' 2.30 am.Be back in a few hours,though.
See y'all tomorrow!

Shipperahoy
May 20th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I also quite liked Martouf. Although I'm not quite sure if it was Martouf or JR I was thunking for. Grrrr. Me and Luke the lemon chicken guy never really connected on that level but I admire the way he can serve chicken with absolutely no expression whatsoever. :D :D

And McKay has grown on me. I didn't like him the first time around but as I got my DVD's I've grown to admire his comic genius.

stargate barbie
May 20th, 2004, 05:33 PM
i think the first two episodes of season 6 were about as fluffy as mckay gets.
the really weird thing is, i'm not really that attracted to teal'c that much, but i'm totally into CJ. i think its down to how much more relaxed he seems.

its the same with david deluise. not so much as pete, but for different reasons to the teal'c thing. but i have seen DDL in other things and thought, hhmmm, phwah.

luke is very cool, but not so much with the thunking for me.

RDA a fox! phwah! (most of the time) and i absolutely love o'neills and rda's personality. brilliant sense of humour.
MS i have seen him and thought yum on occasion, mainly when the arms are on display, but he made a really weird face in beneath the surface, and that just turned me off a tad. ever since he occasionally reminds me of my brother, which kind of freaks me out a smidge. i know. i'm shallow and fickle. and very very picky.
and jonas is just the man! he can't lose :p and the tight tee shirts have nothing to do with this opinion. i loved when they let CN have food in every scene.

Aldwin, and the tokra from death knell, yum.
and aldwin was one of the best ones too. damn you season 5!

i love sam and AT too. i so wish i looked like that. and i soo wish i were that smart. and i so wish i got to kiss the pretty guys like her too. :p

ShadowMaat
May 20th, 2004, 05:38 PM
I also quite liked Martouf. Although I'm not quite sure if it was Martouf or JR I was thunking for.

In my case, it's definitely JR. Martouf's nice enough, but... he's too whitebread. Too nice. Too perfect. Where's the fun in that? ;) JR definitely has a bit of the Bad Boy in him.

I'd have to see more of Luke to know if he's truly thunkable, but I definitely like his 'tude. :D

Have I mentioned the hotness that is Jonas lately? :D

RDA/Jack and Daniel/Michael have their own threads. This one's for the poor slobs who DON'T get all the glory... but probably get all the girls. :P

stargate barbie
May 20th, 2004, 05:38 PM

he's right about that. :)

LtLisa
May 20th, 2004, 05:41 PM
oh, I'm definitely a card carrying member of the MS/Daniel thunk club...he's hot! I know theres a RDA thunk thread, but have I missed the MS one?

stargate barbie
May 20th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I also quite liked Martouf. Although I'm not quite sure if it was Martouf or JR I was thunking for.
martouf never really did anything for me. neither did narim. orlin on the other hand. mmmmmmm. very cute.

ShadowMaat
May 20th, 2004, 05:45 PM
oh, I'm definitely a card carrying member of the MS/Daniel thunk club...he's hot! I know theres a RDA thunk thread, but have I missed the MS one?

Well, there's the Daniel Discussion. I kinda figured it doubled as a thunk thread.

DJFavorite
May 20th, 2004, 05:48 PM
I know theres a RDA thunk thread, but have I missed the MS one?
I've not seen it myself, though I would love it. I very much enjoy the RDA thread, as RDA and MS are my two most favorite. I would love to go drool in a MS Thunk thread... :D

Bagpuss
May 20th, 2004, 06:00 PM
One last Post before I actually go to bed!
Just noticed the Acronym for this Thread reads "S.C.A.T."

Ho-Hum! Hope no-one thinks I mean that literally! :o

Scat is also a style of Singing too,but I won't inflict that on anyone tonight!

One more thing. Food Server Luke is a total Sweetie.

Dastardly too ! ;)

Dani347
May 20th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Jack and Daniel have their own Fan Threads, for their Devotees, but these Fans are welcome to join in the fun here too!

Okay, maybe I read this wrong, but it looks like this sentence is saying that even though Jack and Daniel have their own appreciation threads, their fans are welcome to appreciate them here, too.

I might post again, once I get clarification.

ShadowMaat
May 20th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Okay, maybe I read this wrong, but it looks like this sentence is saying that even though Jack and Daniel have their own appreciation threads, their fans are welcome to appreciate them here, too.

Fine, whatever. I just thought it'd be nice to have a thunk thread for the rest of the world since Jack and Daniel hog 90% of the glory, but it's not my thread and I'm not actually trying to drive anyone away. EVERYONE is welcome here, that's supposed to be the point. *sigh* I'm just selfish.

Maybe I'll just go back to sulking on another thread.

Bagpuss
May 20th, 2004, 06:16 PM

I might post again, once I get clarification.

Hi Dani,Clarification um,well,Clarified!

Everyone welcome and enjoy!

Daniel's close to #1 for me too,so come on in! :D

Bagpuss
May 20th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Fine, whatever. I just thought it'd be nice to have a thunk thread for the rest of the world since Jack and Daniel hog 90% of the glory, but it's not my thread and I'm not actually trying to drive anyone away. EVERYONE is welcome here, that's supposed to be the point. *sigh* I'm just selfish.

LOL!! Don't go anywhere just yet Shadow!

I'll only follow ya! :D

Dani347
May 20th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Now, how did you kmow I was going to say Daniel? I thought I kept my passion well hidden :D

Gorgeous, smart, sensitive. They need more men in the world like him.

Of course, if you and others who are fans of people besides Jack and Daniel do that, then Jack and Daniel will hog the thread. If anyone wants someone to get attention, the best way is to provide that attention yourself.

ShadowMaat
May 20th, 2004, 06:27 PM
There are probably over 1,000 fans here who love Jack and/or Daniel. There are maybe five who love Luke. Even if I could post enough to keep up with the tide, I wouldn't bother.

Bagpuss
May 20th, 2004, 06:30 PM
TO DANI.Sorry I forgot to Quote your Post!!

I'm feeling a bit Psychic! ;)

I've liked Daniel all the way through,personally.I always saw him as a kinda wonderful person altogether. I'll stop waffling and get to the point,for once.

He's Gorgeous! :D *Sighs*

Dani347
May 20th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Oh, well.

Bagpuss
May 20th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Sheesh! Time to remember the Everyone's welcome stuff!

Nolamom
May 20th, 2004, 06:38 PM
What about a steady, older fellow? I'm thinking Jacob Carter is very sensational. I'm not as attracted to Bra'tac for some reason. Even George has some charisma...
Nmom

Dani347
May 20th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Janet is also a cool character. I loved watching her in Serpent's Song, and her tribute episode -Lifeboat.
eta: I just want to say I would have no problem with the thread if it was strictly for those characters that don't get a lot of attention. Or, if a thread is started up for them.

ShadowMaat
May 20th, 2004, 06:47 PM
What about a steady, older fellow? I'm thinking Jacob Carter is very sensational. I'm not as attracted to Bra'tac for some reason. Even George has some charisma...
Nmom

Nope, I prefer 'em young and wriggly. :D Although not TOO young. Michael Welch is a very talented actor, but I'm not into jailbait. :P

Nolamom
May 20th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Wriggly?????? What the heck??? You need a guy with better dance moves honey.
Nola

ShadowMaat
May 20th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Wriggly?????? What the heck??? You need a guy with better dance moves honey.

I'd comment if I could, but it'd get me in trouble. ;) Actually, it has to do with this pair of Spongebob boxers I saw once. They said, "I feel all wriggly!" Kinda boggled me. Kinda still boggles me. ;)

Anyway... *ahem* Where was I? Still liking Jonas, of course. And Lt. Tyler was a cutie. And Imhotep was very suave, looking, though he has nothing on Baal. Baal is hot! And I love his taste in clothes. :D

keshou
May 20th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Yay! Stargate Character Appreciation

Favorite Gou'ald: Baa'l (Osiris close runner-up)

Favorite Asgard: Thor (too easy :p )

Favorite Tok'ra: Jacob/Selmak

Favorite Dead Boyfriend: Martouf. *sniff*

Favorite Snarky Character: McKay!

Favorite NID Character: Maybourne!

Favorite Single-Episode Nemesis: Aris Boch

Favorite Kid Character: Cassie

Favorite Recurring Character: Janet *sniff*

Favorite Food-Server: Luke! :p

Norlioness
May 20th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Hi, FHB, I found the thread.... nice!

Fave SG-1 character - can't choose, love them all (includes Jonas)
Favourite other SGC characters - Janet Fraiser and Gen.Hammond
Favourite baddie - Apophis (love his outlandish dress style)
Favourite Aliens - Thor and Lya
Favourite Kid characters - Young Jack O'Neill and Charlie (Show & Tell)
Favourite Food Server - Luke :)
Favourite unique enemy - Replicators

Others I like - Martouf, Jacob, the President, Dr. Weir, Yu, Lt. Elliott, Maybourne.

major_gater
May 20th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Favourite Food Server - Luke :)

I was wondering....who's Luke??!! Thanks for clearing that up.

I just love Teal'c. I love the way he carries himself. I love his deep voice. I love passion for freedom. I love his sense of right and wrong. I love the way he doesn't talk unnecessarily. I love his dry sense of humor. I love his devotion to his people. I love his biceps. He's absolutely gorgeous (CJ).

Baal isn't bad either. He is deliciously evil.

petzke_42
May 20th, 2004, 11:33 PM
he's right about that. :)

She's right about that. :)

SeaBee
May 21st, 2004, 12:15 AM
Ok. Here is my list of fav. females.

Sam - most excellent
Janet - also most excellent, but under used. And now gone! (sob)(see, a man can cry) :o
Lya - Oh Yeah! I mean,...... oh wow! :D ;) :o
Hathor - Mmmmmm!
Female Goa'uld who interrogated the robot Sam and T'ealc - liked her

I have noticed that the thunk and drool threads are aimed at females, mainly because either the men out there don't like doing it, or more likely, we just haven't got round to it. As far as I can see, there are no threads of that ilk aimed at the male posters. No SC Thunk or drool at all.
I suppose it could also be that we are all too scared of offending anybody or being thought of as dirty old (or young) men!

So, therefore, consider this a drool post from me.

Don't worry, I'll mop up afterwards!

Norlioness
May 21st, 2004, 04:09 AM
I was wondering....who's Luke??!! Thanks for clearing that up.
Luke is the Food Server, who appears in the background scenes - 48 Hours. Shadowmaat has ingeniously created this wonderfully hilarious fic "Food Server Diaries" and named the guy "Luke". Since then, Luke's name has been bantered around this forum.

You can find the fic at Gateworld or look under the new thread just started by MartoufMarty entitled "Luke!!" There's a link to a pic of Luke.

KorbenDirewolf
May 21st, 2004, 04:25 AM
so.. erm... What's a Thunk?

Catysg1
May 21st, 2004, 04:26 AM
my top list :

Jack: Devoted, funny, caring , outer beauty, inner beauty ,lovely smile :)
Sam: Devoted, caring,intelligent..may be a bit too serious sometimes, loves Jack's jokes......outer beauty and inner beauty. :) lovely smile :)
;)

I like the others but not my favorites:

Daniel : Intelligent , I quite like his jokes ..but he plays dumb too much and too often....I like what he does with his eyes though.
:)
Teal'c : Devoted , a real sweetie, romantic, very caring,and I love his eyebrow thingie...very sexy.
:)

Any other recurring characters I like unless they are villains ....but the one I like the best is Jacob...I like his relationship to Sam and to Jack too.
We should see him more in season 8 with the tokra's .

Caty :)

nugglebugget
May 21st, 2004, 04:58 AM
Nope, I prefer 'em young and wriggly. :D Although not TOO young. Michael Welch is a very talented actor, but I'm not into jailbait. :P

Young & wriggly,huh?Are you talking about....."Junior"?:D

SeaBee
May 21st, 2004, 06:53 AM
so.. erm... What's a Thunk?

A thunk is is named after the sound you get when some one gets over excited about their favourite character/star, and passes out. Thunk is the sound of them hitting the floor. A thunk thread is a bit like a drool thread, but not as messy. :eek: ;) :D

Tok'Ra Hostess
May 21st, 2004, 08:47 AM
Thunk is the sound of them hitting the floor. A thunk thread is a bit like a drool thread, but not as messy. :eek: ;) :D

But it is dangerous, so you might want to wear protective head gear.

Uh,... Darren, is the forum insured?

:D

Nolamom
May 21st, 2004, 02:07 PM
A thunk is is named after the sound you get when some one gets over excited about their favourite character/star, and passes out. Thunk is the sound of them hitting the floor. A thunk thread is a bit like a drool thread, but not as messy. :eek: ;) :D

Seems to me that all those passed out bodies lying about would be fairly messy!
Nmom

Madeleine
May 21st, 2004, 02:18 PM
But it is dangerous, so you might want to wear protective head gear.

Uh,... Darren, is the forum insured?

:D

This is what our insurance covers:

If you break any bit of the forum, our insurance will pay for a solicitor to sue you. If you get distracted by any thunkable pictures and wander into a door, say, or collide with another poster or accidentaly drop a smilie on your toe or anything, our insurance will pay for a solicitor to tell you that we are not liable.

Hope that clears things up for you. Play safe now.

the dancer of spaz
May 21st, 2004, 02:27 PM
There goes my lawsuit.

Dang it. And I was SO looking forward to going to the next GateCon.

Bagpuss
May 21st, 2004, 04:05 PM
Nmom

But HAPPY! :D

Love the piccie of "Fluffy the Destroyer",is he/she your own gorgeous little Pooch? :D
(OK.I know that Q is nothing to do with SG but tough! I'm a nosy person,with a need to know!) ;)

Nolamom
May 21st, 2004, 09:21 PM
But HAPPY! :D

Love the piccie of "Fluffy the Destroyer",is he/she your own gorgeous little Pooch? :D
(OK.I know that Q is nothing to do with SG but tough! I'm a nosy person,with a need to know!) ;)

Actually, no (I have a Yorkie) - it was from a student, but the expression was so priceless that I *had* to use it! Originally it was entitled Fluffy - destroyer of worlds, but that wouldn't fit on the cropped down pic.
Nola

SeaBee
May 22nd, 2004, 03:14 AM
Why do I look at that pic and think of Hammond? It can't be the hair.

Matt G
May 22nd, 2004, 03:25 AM
There are fitter females in other shows but within SG1 Nirrti and Shar're stand out.

Sam has her moments but I wouldn't consider myself a full time member of her Thunk club.

Kliggins
May 22nd, 2004, 03:27 AM
Nmom

It is really not too bad. Some thunkers have protective gear to keep them
safe and happy while they thunk. :p

I like Graham Simmons. Maybe he could be Jack's aide?

SeaBee
May 22nd, 2004, 03:34 AM
There are fitter females in other shows but within SG1 Nirrti and Shar're stand out.

Aaah, Shar're! How could I have forgotten her? I must go back and add her to my list of favs.
That reminds me, I must get the first season on DVD, there's so much cut out of the videos. :o

petzke_42
May 22nd, 2004, 11:18 AM

In general, I like all Stargate episodes...but I didnt really like the ep with him.

ShadowMaat
May 22nd, 2004, 11:23 AM
In general, I like all Stargate episodes...but I didnt really like the ep with him.
I thought that from a plot standpoint the ep was incredibly weak and kinda stupid and I hated with severe intensity some of the things they implied and think it showed a heavy lack of thinking out on the part of the writers. I'm also not sure I buy MW's physical appearance as a young version of Jack, but Michael's acting really impressed me and I felt that he nailed Jack's mannerisms and general attitude/way of speaking. He made the ep watchable for me. ;)

aAnubiSs
May 22nd, 2004, 11:32 AM
Lya is probably my fav. character of all times, in all shows. So perfect, the looks, outfit,voice, and her personality:)

Bagpuss
May 22nd, 2004, 03:16 PM
Actually, no (I have a Yorkie) - it was from a student, but the expression was so priceless that I *had* to use it! Originally it was entitled Fluffy - destroyer of worlds, but that wouldn't fit on the cropped down pic.
Nola

Aaaah! A truly adorable Poochie regardless of ownership! I want one! :D
I love his/her grumpy face and name....if I ever own one I'll dub it "Destroyer Of Shoes"! ;)

Ahem! Back on Topic... :o

I like all the Underdog Characters of SGC.The ones who only get a very occasional look-in like Chevron Guy.(Esp Luke!)

I like Major Davis,as he has good On-Screen chemistry with ALL the Main Characters,and is useful in all his scenes!(V.Handsome too,IMO! ;) )

I like all the main characters,but especially Sam,as I still like her quirks and personality.She's still a good,strong,evolving character,with loads more intelligence and looks than I'll ever have...wish I'd worked harder at school.

*Sighs*Missing Janet already and her friendships with all the SG-1 Team and General Hammond.IMO,Janet was a very strong character and very well written/played.

More later! :)

SeaBee
May 23rd, 2004, 11:57 AM
I like all the Underdog Characters of SGC.The ones who only get a very occasional look-in like Chevron Guy.(Esp Luke!)

It would be nice to see an ep. where Chevron Guy gets more to do that count off the chevrons. How about an off world trip for him?

Nolamom
May 23rd, 2004, 12:40 PM
It would be nice to see an ep. where Chevron Guy gets more to do that count off the chevrons. How about an off world trip for him?

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

Didn't he go off-world on the Prometheus with General Hammond in Lost World Pt. 2?

Matt G
May 24th, 2004, 10:05 AM
The new Dr Brightman looks pretty good as well.

petzke_42
May 24th, 2004, 11:03 AM
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

Didn't he go off-world on the Prometheus with General Hammond in Lost World Pt. 2?

Spoiler-town next right
Didn't he also go offworld in one of the two part season 7 openers, when Sam and Jack try to destoy Anubis's super ship weapon?

Bagpuss
May 24th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Whatever Chevron Guy did/didn't do in S7,I for one don't care,as long as he was NOTICED by you and Nola!! ;)

The other backroom heroes I feel for are the poor Extras.They plod along Day and Night with never too much in the way of real excitement.Unless they need to mill about in crowd scenes,or transfer pieces of paper around the SGC........the poor Stunt Guys get an even worse deal,IMO!

Respect to the Unsung and Forgotten Folk,in all the episodes, who are "just there". :D

DJFavorite
May 24th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Whatever Chevron Guy did/didn't do in S7,I for one don't care,as long as he was NOTICED by you and Nola!! ;)

The other backroom heroes I feel for are the poor Extras.They plod along Day and Night with never too much in the way of real excitement.Unless they need to mill about in crowd scenes,or transfer pieces of paper around the SGC........the poor Stunt Guys get an even worse deal,IMO!

Respect to the Unsung and Forgotten Folk,in all the episodes, who are "just there". :D
And I'm sure that you (along with myself amd many others here) would love to be one of the Unsung and Forgotten Folk, just to be able to see RDA and/or MS and/or AT and/or CJ and/or any of the others mentioned here.:D

Bagpuss
May 24th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Oui,Ja,Yea,Yeah,Indeed,Indubitably,Indisputedly,In Hope!!....YES!! :D

Jprime
May 24th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Sam Carter, a.k.a "Major Babe" is so amazingly hot and smart and funny! If I wanted to write a full-length post about her I'd probably wind up frying the server lol...glad thats out of my system! :) :) ;) :D

SeaBee
May 24th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Sorry folks, having re-read my earlier post, I realise that I could have actually put what I meant to put! My only excuse is that I am on strong anti-biotics at the moment, and they seem to be killing my brain cells. :(

What I meant was a full ep. with him as part of a team, rather than the odd scene.

Hope that clears my garbled message up, I'm now off to another thread, where I mixed up Aphophis and Annubis! If any body finds my brain, please could they hand it in to lost property. :o

Teal'c17
May 24th, 2004, 12:52 PM
I have to say my fav Character is Teal'c, just look at the name, but I like the character for his personality and I have respect for everything he gave up so that he can do the right thing. But Samantha Carter I must say...ROXXORS MY BOXXORS!!

stargate barbie
May 24th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Spoiler-town next right
Didn't he also go offworld in one of the two part season 7 openers, when Sam and Jack try to destoy Anubis's super ship weapon?

yep and yep (to the previous one). i'd love to see him kicking some bum like in season one's there but for the grace of god.

Bagpuss
May 25th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Or they could send in "Wrench-Boy" Sgt Siler! :)

There's another "Underdog" to appreciate,folks.I mean,after all his useful presence at the SGC,as Chief Gate Fixit-Guy,and his loyal service,despite some very unfortunate accidents/injuries (!),no-one's ever seen fit to promote the poor man!!

I'd have thought it couldn't hurt to raise him to at least Lt by now,as a reward for his dedicated,loyal service! :D

Nolamom
May 26th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Or they could send in "Wrench-Boy" Sgt Siler! :)

I love Siler. He has such a quiet way of getting the point across - usually a well-placed bandage. We don't get to see as much of his enormous wrench these days, which is a pity.
Nmom

Bagpuss
May 26th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Maybe he's too busy getting injured. Takes two good arms and possibly a wheelbarrow, to lug the Mega-Wrench around! ;)

I'm probably in a minority of one here, but I think Siler's rather cute!

I mean,come on ladies,he's got his charms. ;)

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 12:19 PM
I'm probably in a minority of one here, but I think Siler's rather cute!
I'd pick Siler over O'Neill any day. ;) At least based on looks and general handiness. :P And probably personality and intelligence. :P

Anthro Girl
May 26th, 2004, 12:33 PM
As long as we're respecting the Unsung, I'd like to offer my appreciation for the Caterers (a/k/a Craft Services), without whom the machine would not move. Hungry ain't happy! :D

As far as characters are concerned, I appreciate them alllllllll...

Bagpuss
May 26th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Oh yes,Siler is indeed both handsome and handy! :)

Rather like Luke really,in a way, but at least Siler does occasionally get some
Lines! ;)

Thinking of Luke leads me on to Rodney McKay...........I know he could be seen as V. irritating really,esp if anyone didn't enjoy his barbed banter with Sam Carter.He worked for me though! :D

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Thinking of Luke leads me on to Rodney McKay...........I know he could be seen as V. irritating really,esp if anyone didn't enjoy his barbed banter with Sam Carter.He worked for me though! :D
It is my lot in life that I should love two guys who are mortal enemies (even if one of them doesn't realize it). Yes, there is much to love about McKay, despite his rude 'tude. And having seen the excreble Boa vs. Python, I also know that McKay is capable of much buffness, always a nice bonus in the... appreciation of characters. :D

Anthro- from a real world perspective, oh my yes. Craft Services are essential! And having sampled some of the fare that Reel Caterers (I think that's their name) offers, I can tell you that the Stargate crew eats VERY well. ;)

Nolamom
May 26th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Let's sing the praises of those unsung airmen who point guns at the gate when an unscheduled offworld activation occurs!
Nola

nugglebugget
May 26th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Lets hear it for all those people in the background who are trying to look busy & look like they know what they're doing!That's a hard thing to do!Trust me,I've had to do that at different times at my old job:p .

Oh yeah thanks to certain ones around here,;) I've developed a bit of a "David Hewlett/McKay fixation.It's not quite like my RDA fixation.......but it's certainly getting there:D

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Let's sing the praises of those unsung airmen who point guns at the gate when an unscheduled offworld activation occurs!
Nola
Yay! I love those guys! Every time they man those guns, they know it could be for the last time. They never know what's going to come through the gate, but they're still there, every time. And even when it's a false alarm 99% of the time, they're still there and ready for action. Gotta love that. :)

Bagpuss
May 26th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Hoo-Ya! Good examples Nola and Nugglebugget! :D

Also praise unto the Infirmary staff,and the poor SFs who jog around the SGC in summons to the Alarms! :)

As for McKay,Resistance is Futile............ ;)

Nolamom
May 26th, 2004, 05:47 PM
How about the custodial staff? Think about all the messes that alien attacks at the SGC generate?!?! They must be constantly scrubbing off staff blast marks from the corridor walls, bloodstains from the floors and who knows what in the gateroom itself. Somehow the briefing room always looks tidy, and you know that the General isn't picking up coffee cups from anyone.
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 05:55 PM
How about the custodial staff?
And don't forget all those muddy bootprints. And not just any mud, it's alien mud! God knows what kinda critters or other natural horrors might be found in that stuff...

SeaBee
May 27th, 2004, 05:43 AM
And, let's face it, there are some FAR nastier jobs than mopping the floor. I really can't see Jack cleaning under the rim! :D :eek:

petzke_42
May 27th, 2004, 10:15 AM
It might not even be mud, it could be that OTHER brown substance....*gasp!* They need a raise in pay.........

Bagpuss
May 27th, 2004, 10:31 AM
EEEeeeeeeeeewwwwww! :eek:

You couldn't mean............gravy??? ;)

*Looks around for Luke!*

SeaBee
May 27th, 2004, 12:16 PM
And who does all the decorating? And the plumbing? And changes the lightbulbs? And empties the waste baskets? I think we have a right to meet these un-sung heroes of the SGC, without whom the Great and Good would be up to their necks in it, literally!

On a completely unconnected matter, the gate would be a great way of getting rid of your unwanted trash. Just dial some uninhabited rock and sling it through. And there would be no problem with it piling up, cos the next time you dialled, the kawoosh would vapourise it! :D

Teal'c17
May 27th, 2004, 01:20 PM
No offense to anyone that posted here, but did anyone else notice how this thread decayed from respect of the characters and their acting abilites, to all the girls of the board oggling over their favorite male characters, and it went downhill quick.

SeaBee
May 27th, 2004, 01:28 PM
No offense to anyone that posted here, but did anyone else notice how this thread decayed from respect of the characters and their acting abilites, to all the girls of the board oggling over their favorite male characters, and it went downhill quick.

From a bloke.
OK. So who are your favourites?
Go on, try to get it back on topic, I dare ya! :D

P.S.
I've just re-read the whole thread,(I had nothing better to do) and I can't see your problem.
Now, if you really want to see a thread going downhill, just log onto any with RDA, MS, Jack or Daniel in the title. Now they are downright dirty, sometimes! ;)

Nolamom
May 27th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Oh, I think that there's still a lot of respect...it's just for all SORTS of characters at the SGC now. When you consider it, SG-1 isn't the whole ball of wax (even with a really big wick as Jack might say). I like the idea of recognizing the contributions of minor characters, even the extras who try desperately to appear busy and intent upon the moment.
Nmom

DJFavorite
May 27th, 2004, 01:33 PM
oggling, who's oggling??? ;) Well, if you don't want it to be just us 'girls' then you need to speak up.....:D

SeaBee
May 27th, 2004, 01:34 PM
I must admit that, having watched so many episodes so many times, I have got into the habit of watching those slightly out of focus background people, just for variety. :)
I think the guard standing in the infirmary doorway, when Urgo is ranting on, should get a medal. How he kept his face straight when Dom was in full swing is beyond me! :D

ShadowMaat
May 27th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Oh yes, just look at how we drooled over the hot bods of the custodial staff. :P

Just because we aren't saying anything you want to listen to doesn't make our posts any less valid, any less interesting, or any less fun. If you were TRULY interested in the spirit of this thread, you'd post YOUR OWN thoughts rather than belittling ours. Or don't you HAVE any thoughts of your own? Huh?? Huh?? Do ya?? Huh?? ;)

Although I've never ventured into the RDA thunk thread or the Daniel appreciation thread, I think it's pretty safe to say that there is a hell of a lot more "oggling" going on there than anything you'll find here. And that's perfectly fine! That's what the threads are there for! If you don't like it, either don't post there (shocking concept) or start your OWN thread about what YOU think is "right".

And to get back on topic, I should think that the security people would be up to their ears in headaches as well. Every time something goes wrong, they get blamed for the "breach". Every time Daniel or someone else loses their keys, they have to trot along and open the door. Every time someone makes a crank call (*cough*Jack*cough*) to the base, they have to listen to it and assess the threat level. And worst of all, every time a new alien visits, they have to explain about "paperwork" and make sure everything gets filed properly! Poor buggers.

And what about all those researchers and assistants, tirelessly plugging away at mounds of data and trying to make it make sense? ;)

petzke_42
May 27th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I'm not a girl... :( ....or am I...MWHAWHAHAHAWHHAWHAAWHHAWHHAAA...

I don't know what that means, but I checked, and I'm still not a girl.

Bagpuss
May 28th, 2004, 12:50 AM

"EVERYONE WELCOME" is the point of the Thread's existence!

I set this Thread up for any Poster to "Appreciate" any character in ANY way they see fit!!(As long as it conforms to PG standards,and no "Bashing".)

Read the rules,come back if you've got a "Fave", and feel free to praise them in any fashion you like.

As to whether you think the Thread itself has "Gone downhill quick",I don't think it has.

As for the "Girls of the Board",if more Guys post their Faves,there will be a better balance,won't there? ;)

I'm not attacking your opinions but just setting things straight.OK?

ShadowMaat
May 28th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Preach on, FH!

Y'know, there was an ep of Monk once where the dippy Lieutenant guy (whom I love dearly) was standing on a desk in his undershirt (and pants, thankyou), trying to fix a leaky sprinkler. It was a background thing, but still very nice and I was thinking that Stargate needs more stuff like that.

Maybe the water pipe can spring a leak and Siler can be in the background, getting soaked as he struggles to fix it. :D Only problem is, he'd probably need his wrench to do it and we all know that RDA is so insanley jealous of the size of Siler's BFW that he's outlawed it from the set, so we'll probably never see it... :P *sigh* such a pity.

Water in general needs to be incorporated more. The underwater scene in Descent ranks among my favorites on the show (shallow, yes, but I also really admire the lung capacity required to get through that scene) and even the bit from Evolution 1 where Daniel is crawling out of the pit of water is quite nice. As a stand-alone scene. :P Try to drown you actors more often. That's MY advice. :D

nugglebugget
May 28th, 2004, 05:49 AM
I must admit that, having watched so many episodes so many times, I have got into the habit of watching those slightly out of focus background people, just for variety. :)
I think the guard standing in the infirmary doorway, when Urgo is ranting on, should get a medal. How he kept his face straight when Dom was in full swing is beyond me! :D
You noticed him, too,huh:D .When I watched it,I paid close attention to his expression.The way his jaw tensed {& other little clues} I do believe he had a fight on his hand to keep that "straight faced" look.

ShadowMaat
May 28th, 2004, 05:53 AM
You noticed him, too,huh:D .When I watched it,I paid close attention to his expression.The way his jaw tensed {& other little clues} I do believe he had a fight on his hand to keep that "straight faced" look.
Yep, I caught that, too. Poor b@stard. ;) And you just KNOW that Dom and the others were making it as difficult as humanly possible to not laugh.

nugglebugget
May 28th, 2004, 06:16 AM
In general,I've gotten in the habit of watching stuff in the background.I love playing "spot the wrench" in particular.:)

I'll tell you someone else who needs appreciation.That's the people in RL ,who have had their plans to walk through the park,or drive down a particular steet,or hike through a forest...thwarted,...because "Stargate,Sg-1" was shooting on location there!

Poor guy just wanted to get some ice cream & pickles for his pregnant wife's cravings & now he's got to take the long the way around,taking exta time as a result,probably inducing a major mood swing for the "mom-to-be",cause she really wants that stuff NOW,so by the time he gets home he's gonna have to deal with that!All because WE want our TV show!:p
Yep.....those are the real unsung heroes,poor shmucks....

Shipperahoy
May 28th, 2004, 08:31 AM
I love that guard at the door in Divide and Conquer when Jack knocks on the door after his little snog fest with Anise. The look that he gives Jack as Anise leaves is priceless.

ShadowMaat
May 28th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Another good underwater scene is the one in Boa Vs. Python. Lovely, lovely scene with David Hewlett. :D McKay is another unappreciated character. :P

How about the women who helped Sam defeat Hathor? I don't think we ever saw any of them again, but it sure was nice to have proof that Sam (and Fraiser) weren't the only females on the base! It's too bad we don't see more of them around.

Svarog. Wish we'd seen more of him. Think I actually got a message from him once on another board, but I never followed up on it...

And how about all the hapless Jaffa who serve and fight and die in the names of their gods? Some of them are quite good-looking and they all manage to look so serious, even when they're wearing the sometimes ridiculous outfits their gods choose for them. That goes for the lo'taurs, too. ;) Lotars? Looters? Whatever. I think... was it Morrigan's "helper"? looked like he'd been outfitted by S&M Bargain Basement. hehe

SeaBee
May 28th, 2004, 12:10 PM
I wonder if the extras who had to scream in "Sight Unseen" got extra pay. Is a scream classed as a speaking part?
Five years at Acting School, and your best job to date is to scream and drop a food tray on SG-1. :D

ShadowMaat
May 28th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Actually, the girl who screamed and dropped her tray in Sight Unseen is also the girl Jonas was flirting with on the elevator in Metamorphosis. Lt. Rush. Curs'd be her name. :P

Y'know, back to the cafeteria staff... Luke's only appeared once, but I've seen Sue (the big black woman) in a couple of eps now. Wonder who she really is...

Screaming is a very lucrative business, especially for the horror movie industry. A good scream queen can go a long way. Just look at Jamie Lee Curtis. ;)

Bagpuss
May 28th, 2004, 03:04 PM
How about Zippy/Zipacna? He's high on my list of Sneering but Cool Goa'uld.

Scheming,manipulative and strangely compelling,IMO!

The episode I'm referring mostly to ,was Season 3's "Pretense".
Loved his sly pro-Klorel Defence Counselling,despite a weird outfit concoction.
Not my usual idea of Goa'uld Male Sartorial Elegance,but the actor who plays him (Kevin Durand) was utterly convincing as the Devious Zipacna!

Then and in later episodes,IMO,he's been a worthy Nasty to reckon with. :)

ShadowMaat
May 28th, 2004, 03:24 PM
How about Zippy/Zipacna? He's high on my list of Sneering but Cool Goa'uld.
I've probably said this before, but Kevin Durand is now on USA's Touching Evil. He has a shaggy mop of hair and plays a bit of a dweeb. He's STRONGLY reminiscent of Daniel in the movie. Love him. ;)

Loved Olokun and his Zoruban Warrior outfit. Highly cool and shows off his body quite expertly. :)

petzke_42
May 28th, 2004, 04:59 PM
He was also in the movie "Walking Tall" and the one dude that played Heru'ur was in "The Butterfly Effect."

Bagpuss
May 29th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Another Cool Big Bad Goa'uld to Appreciate:Nirrti!

OK,her experiments were very disturbed and nasty.She thought absolutely nothing wrong in her usage of Cassandra.She saw it as her right to use whatever means necessary to achieve her ultimate Goal of creation of the perfect Super-Human Host to give her the edge over the other System Lords.

Not the most likeable personality to take home to meet the Parents,IMO,but she was a great catalyst in her eps,and IMO,wonderfully portrayed by Jacqueline Samuda!

Because of Nirrti,Cassandra was brought to Earth,and her presence and the defence of her,was a really good plot development for all of SG-1,and gave Janet a Daughter to care about.

Nirrti's experiments shone some light on Jonas Quinn's enhanced mental and physical development too........

Anyone else see Nirrti as an ideal foil as Sam's Best Enemy? Or feel that Nirrti was really created as the writers' swipe at some Scientists' obsessions with their pet project at the expense of Morality?

Anubis
May 29th, 2004, 12:18 AM
I think Nirrti was a great character show. All those really evil experiments she was doing, and the one that caused Jonas a big problem in ProphecyIt's good that Cassandra was brought to Earth, as then Janet adopted her

ShadowMaat
May 29th, 2004, 05:59 AM
I never cared much one way or the other about Nirrti until she tried to seduce Jonas. ;) Now she's one of my favorite system lords. I love her frightful ways and questionable morality enough that I've rewritten the end of Metamorphosis and am working on a sequel. Somehow, I just don't think she's the type of girl to take "no" for an answer... ;)

SeaBee
May 29th, 2004, 11:44 AM
I never cared much one way or the other about Nirrti until she tried to seduce Jonas. ;) Now she's one of my favorite system lords. I love her frightful ways and questionable morality enough that I've rewritten the end of Metamorphosis and am working on a sequel. Somehow, I just don't think she's the type of girl to take "no" for an answer... ;)

.....or "Aaargh, please noooo, I'm dying!" either :D

Definitely the best baddie, I felt a little disappointed that she was killed, although it was a pretty clever way she died.

ShadowMaat
May 29th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Definitely the best baddie, I felt a little disappointed that she was killed, although it was a pretty clever way she died.
In MY world, she lives, and she's made Jonas's life a living hell. :D

I actually wrote the sequel out of guilt over what I'd done to Jonas, I wanted to be able to give him some happiness. Unfortunately, I think I've made things worse... :( Poor Jonas.

Bagpuss
May 29th, 2004, 02:21 PM
On three! "It's All In The Writing"!!!! ;)

stargate barbie
May 29th, 2004, 04:56 PM
i too liked nirrti. i'd really love to see more of olokun, he looked like he could have some great potential. ba'al is another one very high on my list to see more of. i'd like more Yu, but only if he's his badassed self again. and his first prime, he was brilliant. for some reason vaguely reminds me of takuma sato.

ShadowMaat
May 29th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Love Yu's First Prime. Would love to see more of him, although I think Yu himself is a bit of a wash at this point. *sigh* He was shaping up to be so interesting, too. And then TPTB wrote him stupid. :P

I'm also intensely curious about Bastet. If TPTB follow what's written in the RPG Guide (which unfortunately would be far too sensible for them), she would be very interesting. Helpful to women & children. Not entirely evil as long as you worship her completely. ;)

A couple of Osiris's Jaffa boytoys looked quite intriguing. Pity they're out of work these days...

Gratuitous mention of Grogan. :D And Luke and Jonas, of course.

Nolamom
May 29th, 2004, 05:57 PM

hehe - why not? Mention them as often as you please, many of us like them too. Luke needs to be mentioned at least once a day. Others on an as-needed basis as well.
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 29th, 2004, 06:12 PM
That reminds me... for no particular reason. I started watching a movie this morning. Zolar, I think. It was a bunch of teenage-type kids and some weird blue guy with fan-like ears. It was too bizarre NOT to watch. I checked IMDB and lo and behold, the leader of the teens was Lt. Hibbard from Rules of Engagement. He and Captain Kyle were both quite lovely to watch in that ep, since no one's mentioned them yet.

And- get this- the mop-headed technogeek doofus of the group was none other than Rya'c! Or Neil Denis, as he's known in the real world. This is also one of the rare cases where the longer hair actually looks better than the skullcap style hairdo Rya'c favors. Could be the nature of the hair itself. Anyway, he's quite cute. His boyish charm worked a lot better for me in the parts of the movie I watched than it ever did on Stargate.

Then I switched channels to watch JR Bourne in 13 Ghosts. :D I still love the story he told about the producer/director asking him what sort of expression he wanted to have on his face when they made the moulding for his death scene and he gave them a blank look of incomprehension. LOL! It's the exact expression on his character's face when he gets bisected. hehe That death scene shouldn't be funny, but it cracks me up now. Bad JR... ;) Gods forbid I ever actually watch the movie with someone. They'll think I'm sick when I burst out laughing. Bad, bad JR... ;) But hey, at least he got to have his hair nice and neat and relatively short and he didn't look as if he'd been on a starvation diet.

Bagpuss
May 29th, 2004, 11:28 PM
I'm also intensely curious about Bastet. If TPTB follow what's written in the RPG Guide (which unfortunately would be far too sensible for them), she would be very interesting. Helpful to women & children. Not entirely evil as long as you worship her completely. ;)

Bastet seemed an interesting prospect as a future,possible complex,Baddie.
Wonder if she was too like Hathor,as far as PTB was concerned?
Hathor and Bastet seem to share some common characteristics in some of the legends I've read.

As to you mentioning Grogan,Luke,and Jonas:Hooray!! More power to ya!! ;)

SeaBee
May 30th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Bastet seemed an interesting prospect as a future,possible complex,Baddie.
Wonder if she was too like Hathor,as far as PTB was concerned?
Hathor and Bastet seem to share some common characteristics in some of the legends I've read.
It would be nice to see a new Goa'uld, and I think Bastet would be an excellent choice, with the added possibility that maybe she could control animals? That could give the SGC a few problems.

(Sounds like a fan-fic plot, might be fun to try that one.)

Bagpuss
May 30th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Ok! Next up on my "Cool Goa'uld" list: Kronus!

He may have had some truly evil System Lord ways,but he was interesting to watch in action!

He killed Teal'c's father, and was the main cause of the "Death" of Harlan's SG-1 replicas...but still,he had some good points too,and a good 'n' nasty portrayal by Ron Halder !! ;)

His decision in "Fair Game" to support the Protected Planets Treaty,while allowing Earth to keep it's Stargate, was a pivotal decision....IMO.

OK,I know he was doing that mainly out of self-interest,as he got the chance to humiliate Nirrti,but still!

Also gave Sam the chance to save his life with the Jam Tart.....oops!
I mean "Healing Device" ;). Wish that'd worked when she tried to heal Daniel in Meridian.............or then perhaps not.

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Also gave Sam the chance to save his life with the Jam Tart.....oops! I mean "Healing Device" ;). Wish that'd worked when she tried to heal Daniel in Meridian.............or then perhaps not.

Recall that Selmac tried it too and Daniel asked Jack to tell them to stop. I just want to reiterate that Jacob/Selmac is a hottie...
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Cronos never did much for me. Most of the major players didn't. I liked the ones we didn't really get to know. Zippy, Svarog and the gang from the summit meeting... I do love Baal, though. Good looking, sharp dresser and not afraid to be entirely evil. :D Didn't like Tanith, but then, I don't care much for his actor, either. Baal is a definite hottie in my books, though. I'd serve under him any day. ;)

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Baal is a definite hottie in my books, though. I'd serve under him any day. ;)

Trying very hard not to read a double-entendre there...
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Trying very hard not to read a double-entendre there...
Double-entendre? Moi?? I would never do such a thing... ;)

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah, and you don't even speak French, right?
Nola

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah, and you don't even speak French, right?
Nola
Oui. Maybe vous can speak it, but moi? Not a word. ;)

Now, French food, that I can understand perfectly.

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 01:39 AM
Recall that Selmac tried it too and Daniel asked Jack to tell them to stop. I just want to reiterate that Jacob/Selmac is a hottie...
Nmom

With you on Jacob/Selmak's "Hotness"! ;)

Seriously,I really enjoy watching any scenes in any episode featuring him.

Carmen Argenziano is, IMO,a very talented Actor,and makes me root for the
Character(s).

Real sense of On-Screen closeness with Sam,Gen.Hammond,and SG-1 and frankly,I love his Sarky banter with Jack!

Hope to see plenty of Jacob/Selmak in S.8. :cool:

petzke_42
May 31st, 2004, 10:13 AM
I randomly (ok, to see Halle Berry's cajungas) watched Swordfish last night, in which Carmen Argenziano is in.

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 10:24 AM
Gotta check out "Swordfish",now I know CA is in it...so is Hugh Jackman.

As for Halle's um....top bits,think I can pass on seeing them! ;)

Thanks for the tip-off! :D

Ice^^Heat
May 31st, 2004, 11:27 AM
I just want to say:

I'm so totally in love with http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gifSamhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/heart.gif !

She's the best! And the most beautifull woman on earth!

U rock girl!

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 11:33 AM
You know, i have to agree that I love the eps with Jacob. the craziness with him and jack is priceless sometimes. its like "hmm...i wonder if my dad would be that cool with a snake in his head".

I dont like kinsey...but he's not supposed to be liked. I've grown to love mayborne though...him and jack really are like starsky and hutch!

meimei
May 31st, 2004, 12:01 PM
I liked Maybourne. I'd like to see a follow up to what happened to him.

I love Jacob/Selmak. He could eat crackers in my, oops, this is a PG forum, right?

Of course, no one tops Jack! I love the dark side to him. Of course, I always had a thing for bad boys! (Ask my poor mother!) Throw in a sense of humor and loyalty! Well, nuff said.

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 05:39 PM
And of course Martouf...poor, tragic, lovely Martouf.
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/martouf%20cropped.gif

We miss him...
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 05:41 PM
Martouf is too whitebread for me. JR, on the other hand... :D

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 05:45 PM
So, is JR Martouf's evil side? :D Never having met the man, I really have no opinion...
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 05:51 PM
So, is JR Martouf's evil side? :D Never having met the man, I really have no opinion...
Mmm... could be, could be... JR definitely has a bit of the wicked in him. :D He made a fan outta me by the end of my first Gatecon. Started off with "Who the hell is JR Bourne and why are all these people geeking out over him?" and ended with "JR! He's so cute! eeehehehehe!" Although maybe not quite that giggly. ;)

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 07:30 PM
Martouf was my fave Tok'ra,rivalled only by Jacob/Selmak.There are other Tok'Ra I liked,but Martouf was IMO,a very likeable guy......such a pity they killed him off!

I rather like J.R. Bourne too! He seems a really nice guy with real talent and wit.........Anyone know what the "J.R" stands for? :)

Serious Q! ;)

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 07:32 PM
I rather like J.R. Bourne too! He seems a really nice guy with real talent and wit.........Anyone know what the "J.R" stands for? :)
"Junior" ;) I think his real name is Michael Bourne, Jr. or something. I can never remember it...

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 07:38 PM
Thanks, Shadow! :)

"JR" sounds cool as a Stage name,but I'd just always wondered about his real name.... ;)

Nolamom
May 31st, 2004, 08:15 PM
Real name / stage name - that's always a bit weird. It's rather like John Wayne - who would believe a tough guy named Marion?
Nmom

Bagpuss
May 31st, 2004, 08:22 PM
How very true!

Somehow it just doesn't match JW's more macho roles!

Thought: Did Jesse James get in so much trouble because of his First name? ;)

(Only kidding.It's just that "Jessie" is sometimes used in Scotland,as a pet name (Nickname), for Jessica !)

SeaBee
June 2nd, 2004, 01:11 PM
There is a definite advantage to stage names.

There was a wrestler in the UK in the 70s called BIG DADDY. His real name was Shirly!

ShadowMaat
June 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM
That new DISlike poll thing has me feeling all insecure, so I'm coming here to wrap myself in the happiness and love of all the myriad Stargate characters. ;) Jonas, Luke, Teal'c, Heimdall, even fuzzy little Schroedinger and all the others.

Nolamom
June 10th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Okay, I have a soft spot for Orlin, the ascended alien who followed Sam home. He seemed so sweet and innocent.
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/orlin%20cropped.gif
Nmom

SeaBee
June 11th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Okay, I have a soft spot for Orlin, the ascended alien who followed Sam home. He seemed so sweet and innocent.
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/orlin%20cropped.gif
Nmom

He turned out to be ok, but was a little worrying, in a "Bunny Boiler" kind of way, at the start, IMO! :D

ShadowMaat
June 11th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Dunno, I still say he acted severely drugged most of the time. Of course, with all those sleeping pills Luke loaded into the pizza, I guess it's to be expected. ;)

Nolamom
June 11th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Luke is a menace to anyone who shows interest in Sam. Perhaps the only person completely safe from his machinations is Jennifer Hailey?
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/hailey%20cropped.gif
Nmom

ShadowMaat
June 11th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Luke is a menace to anyone who shows interest in Sam. Perhaps the only person completely safe from his machinations is Jennifer Hailey?
Depends on how she treats him. If she gets too testy or pompous with him, it could get on his nerves. ;) And Satterfield has that pathetic crush on that conniving b@stard Daniel, so she's obviously no good, either. ;)

Incidentally, have you guys seen David's question (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1279) yet? :D Not that I'm shamelessly plugging it or anything. ;)

Nolamom
June 11th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Do you think the Asgard (or any other alien species for that matter - other than Teal'c of course) ever get jealous of the Air Force? To the point of wanting to join?
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/asgard%20in%20air%20force.gif
Nmom

ShadowMaat
June 11th, 2004, 05:38 PM
The Asgard? Jealous of our piddly Air Force? I don't think so. ;) It'd be like a jet fighter pilot being jealous of some boy flying wobbly paper airplanes. :P

Nolamom
June 11th, 2004, 05:46 PM
It's the dress uniforms. Face it, the Asgard haven't many clothes. How are they supposed to look stylish?
Nmom

ShadowMaat
June 11th, 2004, 05:55 PM
It's the dress uniforms. Face it, the Asgard haven't many clothes. How are they supposed to look stylish?
Queer Eye for the Straight... er... Non-gendered Alien? ;)

I dunno, I think they'd go for something a lot flashier than Air Force uniforms. Gold spandex or glittery capes or something...

Rubideaux
June 12th, 2004, 02:05 AM
I have to admit that I am one of those people who like the look of a lot of the System Lords. Cronos, Zippy and Baal in particular. I like Peter Wingfield, too (Tanith) but he is a little too skinny for my tastes.

My significant other really took an interest in Nirrti in the season six ep. He said: "That's a very nice looking jewish girl in the Neiman Marcus dress."

LOL!

nugglebugget
June 12th, 2004, 06:11 AM
I was watching "48 Hours" & suddenly noticed the commisary worker behind "Jack" when "Hammond" woke him up.Poor thing,slaving, picking up after everybody.I hope they had the consideration not to leave too big of a mess.
I'm pretty sure "Luke" takes care of his commisary coworkers that help him,like setting aside special desserts for them to enjoy later.Lemon pie,perhaps?:D

Nolamom
June 12th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Isn't it fun when you notice characters for the very first time - slaving away in the background or otherwise. After seeing an epi several times, it becomes a game looking for *other* things in each scene.
Nmom

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Yes it is,Nola, and part of the reasons behind my starting this thread. :D
It's a good place to praise the "Underdogs" and anyone else on the Stargate Movie/SG-1/SGA that anyone favours. :D

Plenty scope! :D

Nolamom
June 12th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Are there any threads devoted to the "best Goa'uld"? Surely someone by now has decided that we need to have a poll or something on favorite guy you love for being evil?
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/seth_sm.gif

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Not sure,really,Nola! There are some Polls about for most themes,though.
*Sigh* There're so many pages to check back through, to find a "Fave Goa'uld" Poll...........if there's been one,as such.
To get a proper Poll done, you'd have to contact a Mod, to put the "Chart" up properly. :D

ShadowMaat
June 12th, 2004, 09:29 AM
There was a poll for which Goa'uld you'd serve a while back. Lots of good comments on that one, as I recall. Dunno if anyone has done an actual favorite, though.

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I've had a bit of a Thread chase, and can't find a "Fave Goa'uld" Poll, in the way we're thinking about either.(Unless I missed one.Quite poss! :o )

Anyway,I found the protocol for creating a Poll in the Forum Play Zone. Thread, "How do I Post a Poll *EOM*: Post#11 by Darren. :D

Now, who's planning to do the deed and contact the Mods? ;)

You or Nola? No pressure from me! :cool:

ShadowMaat
June 12th, 2004, 01:17 PM
If you want it to be an OFFICIAL poll, you could just start a thread and list the goa'uld in it. A mod will come along and convert it for ya, but they need to know the specifics. Which ones do you want to include? And will there be a category for "other"? Then folks can sound off about their faves or least faves in the thread itself.

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Natch! :cool: However,it's up to Nola.....I don't want to just jump in on her ideas.
Fluffy could do me some serious damage! ;)

Of course we could help her out, by listing Candidates "here"! :D

Nolamom
June 12th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Do we want to stick with just System Lords or would any level of Goa'uld do? Perhaps we should break it into at least two separate categories.
Amaunet
Anubis
Apophis
Baal
Bastet
Belus
Cronus
Hathor
Heru'ur
Isis
Kali
Marduk
Moloch
Morrigan
Nirrti
Olokun
Osiris
Pelops
Ra
Sekhmet (Sakhmet)
Seth
Shak’ran
Sobek
Sokar
Svarog
Tiamat
Yu Huang Shang-ti

Bynarr
Imhotep
Klorel
Moloc
Mot
Nefertum
Ramius
Tanith
Telchek
Thanos
Thoth
Tilgath
Zipacna

Okay guys, who am I missing????

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Wow! Some list! Meep! :cool:
Would it be good to put ,say 5-9 of those in alphabetical order, then put "Other"?
Up to you which! :D

ShadowMaat
June 12th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Did we ever find out the name of the goa'uld that took over that twit Conrad? And then... SPOILERS: there's always Jonas's girlfriend. ;) I've forgotten her name. /SPOILERS

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Hmmm! I can't remember her name,but I'm pretty sure they didn't name AC's Goa'uld! :)

I've written down 9 Goa'uld I think would get a good share of the vote.Good game. If Nola wants 'em ,they're free to a good home! LOL! ;)

Nolamom
June 12th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Okay FHB - why don't you contact a mod and set up the poll? We should have 9 "biggies" and one "other" category. Make certain to include Anubis, Apophis, Baal, Hathor, Niirti, and Yu... Who do you think for the other three?

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 02:21 PM
AAAAAAAAAH!! Trapped!! LOL! :eek:
I'll run these by you first, and get your opinion, and Shadow's of course, before I make a complete A## of myself .......

Anubis
Apophis
Ba'al
Cronus
Hathor
Nirrti
Osiris
Seth
Yu
Other...

*Mumbles:Me and my big flapping yap! The Mice make me do it, I swear! ;)

Nolamom
June 12th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Excellent! Good mix of men and women...those *should* be the most popular baddies.

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks,Nola! Who do you want me to contact,once Shadow's Ok'd the list?
I'm not sure whether to use e-mail or Private Message!
Need help! :)

ShadowMaat
June 12th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Looks fine to me, not that you need my approval for it anyway. ;) Personally, I wouldn't have included Seth, but then I found him stupid and boring, so I could be a bit biased. ;)

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 03:42 PM
LOL! Of course you're not "Biased"....but how're you going to vote if you can't decide? ;)
I've posted our request in the correct Thread in the "Play Zone",so hopefully,I've done it right!! :S

One day,I'll get used to comps and PMs.... :S

Ok.2a.m. Night all! I'll send a PM to David as I assume he's on duty.Just reread the "How to ...." info and it's a bit contradictory! Best I just message him.... :)

Nolamom
June 12th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Thanks for doing that for us all. It's a good poll.

Bagpuss
June 12th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks,Nola,but this was your idea,anyway! :D
Without you and Shadow,I'd probably never have tried asking for the Poll!
It is a good Poll,IMO,so hopefully Members will enjoy it! :cool:

Poor David! I'm glad he understood my PM/Poll request ramblings! Maybe he gets Technophobes like me all the time!
I'm getting more confident though.....but not hugely so. :o

All I have to do now is decide which one to vote for..... ;)

Nolamom
June 17th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Well, here's the main characters...Someone for everybody
http://hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/sgc.gif

Bagpuss
June 18th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Hooray! My fave dog! :D Er,...I meant of course, "Team". ;)
Gotta love these piccies,Nola! :D
If you did "requests",I'd ask for one featuring Fluffy with the SGA team,esp. Rodney McKay,but no pressure. :cool:

Crazedwraith
June 18th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Strange Jonas appears to have transformed in to a small dog.....

EDIT for clarity: When i orginally posted this there was no Jonas in the pic. Hence my little jok that he had been turned in to a dog.

Bagpuss
June 18th, 2004, 05:12 AM
OMG! Nirrti was a lot better at metamorphosing people, than I thought! :eek:
Wondered why Fluffy was so cute!! ;)

Nolamom
June 18th, 2004, 01:13 PM
I can't belive I forgot Jonas! Shadow is gonna KILL me. I will get to work right away on fixing these oversights.

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Hmm, maybe i'll go make one :)!!!

Nolamom
June 18th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Okay,. I fixed the picture. And here's the Atlantis pic you wanted...
http://hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/fluffy%20visits%20atlantis.gif

ShadowMaat
June 18th, 2004, 02:26 PM
I can't belive I forgot Jonas! Shadow is gonna KILL me. I will get to work right away on fixing these oversights.
It's too late. I'm never going to speak to you again. :P

Nolamom
June 18th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Ruined! My life is totally ruined. One mistake and she never speaks to me again. oh woe is me... :D

Bagpuss
June 18th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Yippee!!! :D "SGA Fluffy", my little hero earns his rightful place ! :cool:

Thanks Nola! :D

Bagpuss
June 18th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Ruined! My life is totally ruined. One mistake and she never speaks to me again. oh woe is me... :D

LOL!!! :D She'll get over it.......don't forget you remembered Luke, Siler and W.Davis! ;)

Ok,that's me on the "Hit List" too,........Ooops. :o

(Wonder how long we can last without food,Nola? ;) )

*Thinks*

*Yells in panic! ;) *

LONG LIVE JONAS !!!!!! :D

Nolamom
June 18th, 2004, 08:10 PM
It's too late. I'm never going to speak to you again. :P

You know, it occurs to me that you didn't mention it until AFTER I'd fixed it...methinks you weren't paying attention all that much. :p

ShadowMaat
June 18th, 2004, 08:17 PM
You know, it occurs to me that you didn't mention it until AFTER I'd fixed it...methinks you weren't paying attention all that much. :p
No, I meant that it was too late. Going back and adding him in isn't gonna change the fact that you forgot him in the first place!! :P

And as for not noticing, I noticed and was already gonna not speak to you, but since you finally noticed your error, I figured I'd mention I wasn't speaking to you. So there. :P

Crazedwraith
June 19th, 2004, 02:55 AM

Arrgh.. You fixed it???????
Now my joke looks stupid and wrong and imbecilic.!!!
I've never speak to you again for making me appear so foolish,
*Bursts into tears*
WHAAAAAH!WHAAAAAAAHWHAAAAAAAH!

just a joke
(dammint small text just isn't small enough around here.)

Nolamom
June 19th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Now my joke looks stupid and wrong and imbecilic.!!!

What I find truly odd is that the picture updated automatically in the quoted reply too! I've never seen that happen before - usually the original information stays the same in the blue quote box, doesn't it?

BTW - I found your joke to be quite humorous and very apropo.

Bagpuss
June 19th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Poor CW ! ;) *Passes clean Hankie to dry those tears* ;)

Anyway,CW, come and have a thunk,drool or whatever anytime,....who do you like anyway? :D

SeaBee
June 26th, 2004, 05:34 AM

cool pic. Nice one Nolamom

Nolamom
June 26th, 2004, 12:47 PM
I figured I'd better do one of our Asgard friends as well...
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/asgard%20group.gif

Bagpuss
June 26th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Lovely Collage of all the Asgard characters ! :D

dipsofjazz
June 26th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Is Fluffy not a friend of the Asgard? I don't see him. ;)

Elwe Singollo
June 26th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Hahah :D

Bagpuss
June 26th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Maybe Fluffy's on a covert mission ? :D ;)

::Waves to dipsofjazz ! :D ::

dipsofjazz
June 26th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Maybe Fluffy's on a covert mission ? :D ;)

::Waves to dipsofjazz ! :D ::

*Waves back to FHB*
*Sigh* I miss Fluffy when he's not around. I worry about him when he's away on dangerous missions! :D

Bagpuss
June 26th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Me too ! ;) Wonder what he's up to,.....probably on a mission with Jack !
Those soft dark eyes,that cute face,...and Fluffy's not bad either ! :D
(Ok, I admit I'm a "Thunk Lurker" ! :o Fun threads, IMO ! :D )

Nolamom
June 26th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Shhh! He's infiltrating a top-level meeting between the system lords. He must rely on his cunning, his guile, and his adorable good looks to keep from getting killed...
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20spying.gif

DarkQuee1
June 26th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Shhh! He's infiltrating a top-level meeting between the system lords. He must rely on his cunning, his guile, and his adorable good looks to keep from getting killed...
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20spying.gif

And being short, he can just, um, waddle underneath the radar!

J.

Nolamom
June 26th, 2004, 06:26 PM
It's always a good idea to help out Walter - the overworked, underappreciated gem of the SGC!
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20helps%20walter.gif

ShadowMaat
June 26th, 2004, 07:02 PM
I miss Grogan. He's such a cutie. Wonder if we'll ever see him again...

Nolamom
June 27th, 2004, 06:03 AM
This is to replace the unflattering picture previously displayed.
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/grogan2.gif

dipsofjazz
June 27th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Some pics are more flattering than others, hehehehe.
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/grogan.gif
It looks like Fluffy has just bitten him in a very tender part of his anatomy!! ;)

ShadowMaat
June 27th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Ah yes. Well, thank you for curing me of any desire to see Grogan again.

Y'know, if this thread is gonna go to the dogs, I'd best take my catty self elsewhere. :P

SeaBee
June 28th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Some pics are more flattering than others, hehehehe.
LOL! What a terrible pic.
It looks like he's about to sneeze!

ShadowMaat
June 28th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Is it absolutely necessary to continue copying the pic- ANY pic- over in replies?

As a reaffirmation of what this thread is supposed to be about, I love the underdogs. I love the forgotten characters, the background-fillers, the poor slobs who get stuck doing all the dirty work while the main characters grab all the glory. I love the minor players, the unnamed masses, the "small but vital roles" without which Stargate could never hope to be great. I believe that insignificant doesn't mean unnecessary and that unpopularity is not a reason to execute someone.

I love a great many of the characters we've met (or at least seen) over the years, but out of fear of what pics will be posted and what comments will be made, I shall not name them again.

Nolamom
June 28th, 2004, 07:04 AM
But Shadow! You remind us all of the great unsung characters. I promise not to post unflattering pics (well, not toooo unflattering! hehehe).

As for quoting the picture - yeah, that's really unnecessary. I make the pics into gifs so that they load as quickly as possible, but double and triple copies of them (as in quotes) is going a bit far I think.

SeaBee
June 28th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Point taken. I apologise if I have offended by copying the pic in my previous post and have edited it out.

Nolamom
June 28th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Actually it's rather flattering to be quoted (pic and all), but it's a valid point that for folks on dial-up connections it slows things down.

Bagpuss
June 28th, 2004, 07:29 AM
I think it's also valid to point out that this was intended as a fun Thread for ALL Posters !
No need for anyone to feel bad for an honest mistake .
The triplicate pic is gone.Obviously not everyone knows about the stuff about straining bandwidths.
The apology has been made by SB,so hopefully you won't hold it against him.

In my own case, I'm off now to the "Fluffy" Thread, where you'd have found exactly the same error.

I also apologise for MY mistake.(Grin)

(This is aimed as a friendly Post btw ! But I'm trying not to put up the wrong emoticons !!)

Bagpuss
June 28th, 2004, 08:01 AM
I love a great many of the characters we've met (or at least seen) over the years, but out of fear of what pics will be posted and what comments will be made, I shall not name them again.
Relax, Shadow.I love the Underdogs too !
I'm not making fun of your genuine feelings and I don't intend to ever start.
Please don't take offense, to the extent that you feel you can't enjoy this Thread any more.Pretty Please ????

To be honest,I wish my real life friends understood my pleas for the Underdog SG Characters !!
They universally despise RM, and can't see the attraction he and David Hewlett have for me,.......but I refuse to let that get me down .

"Every dog has his/her day" .....in a few months time,my so-called RL friends will eat their words,I'm sure !!

"Ya Sure Ya Betcha !"( B.E.G !)

AbydosTraveller
June 28th, 2004, 08:34 AM
As a reaffirmation of what this thread is supposed to be about, I love the underdogs. I love the forgotten characters, the background-fillers, the poor slobs who get stuck doing all the dirty work while the main characters grab all the glory. I love the minor players, the unnamed masses, the "small but vital roles" without which Stargate could never hope to be great. I believe that insignificant doesn't mean unnecessary and that unpopularity is not a reason to execute someone.

Where would we be without the guy that polishes the Stargate? It would seem a lot less glorious to be walking through a dingy gate.

ShadowMaat
June 28th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Sorry, guys, but as this is an appreciation thread, I find it rather down-putting to have my choice called ugly and to be portrayed and referred to in deliberately unflattering ways. If this thread were ONLY about those who are "hot" or those who look good in every single shot ever taken of them, this thread would be a lot thinner. ;)

I know it was meant all in good fun and maybe it's just the reptition of the pic that makes it bothersome to me, but my original comment about Grogan was made in an attempt to get this thread back on topic in a polite way and instead it seemed to make matters worse. I guess that didn't help, either. ;) Thanks for understanding. Sorry to be such a downer. :P

Bagpuss
June 28th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Hooray,I can get my reply sent !! :D (Even better, the Emoticons are back ;) )

My last attempt to reply was eaten by the Maintenance break, so,........

No probs, Shadow ! :D I like Grogan too,and I hope he appears in an ep soon.
I don't class you as a "Downer" anyway !
I save that term for some of my so-called RL Pals....I mean one in particular. (She won't be on my Christmas card list this year,after referring to my deep fondness for RM/DH as "Sad and pathetic"! :( )

In case any Mods read the above :The person who cheesed me off NEVER visits Forums,so I'm pretty safe ! ;)

Nolamom
June 28th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Here's a better pic - to make up for the unflattering pic of Grogan. I will try to find a great picture of him and will EDIT out that one. Sorry, but it was the only one I had at the time.
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20and%20jonas.gif Fluffy is friends with anyone who will pet him!
Okay, here's a much better shot of Grogan.
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/grogan2.gif

Misty
June 28th, 2004, 09:30 PM
:eek: Whoa! Wait a minute! How on Earth (or any other planet) have we gone 11 pages and missed the sexiest Tok'ra of them all??? MALEK!!!

Oooo.... that guy floats my boat. Major thunkage all over the place! :o

ShadowMaat
June 29th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Malek is nice, but I can never forgive the makeup department for making his hair look so horrible. When I saw the actor on Jeremiah, I thought, "Now that guy is the spitting image of a Tok'ra!" But it took me a couple of eps to realize he was also Malek because the Stargate crew did such a hack job on his hair it made him virtually unrecognizable to me.

Bagpuss
June 29th, 2004, 05:10 AM
I'm just surprised no-one mentioned Malek till the last couple of Posts ! ;)
Forget the hair,he's rather cute ! :D

ABYDOSCITY2
June 29th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Jack, Teal'c, Bra'tac, Mayborne.

Nolamom
June 29th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Oh, the Tok'ra have some hotties among their ranks all right!
Malekhttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/malek.gif Daleg http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/daleg.gif
or the lovely Martouf...http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/martouf%20cropped.gif

Misty
June 29th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I like his hair. It's sort of scruffy. :D

Nolamom
June 30th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Okay, how about the one-shot characters? Those memorable folks who were only in one episode?
Aris Boch springs to mindhttp://hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/boch.jpg

Nolamom
June 30th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Or how about Nyan? http://hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/nyan.gif Or Corso? http://hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/corso.gif

GateGipsy
June 30th, 2004, 07:09 AM
My favourite one off character would have to be the younger brother in Space Race. In a very short period of time, despite being covered in latex, the actor managed to put him across as a three dimensional person with flaws but also good points. He was adorable!

Nolamom
June 30th, 2004, 11:33 AM
That would be Eamon. I liked him too. http://hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/eamon.gif
He had a good attitude and was really fun with Teal'c.

Nolamom
June 30th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Okay, in honor of tonight's epi and another one-time character - Lotan!
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/lotan.gif and yet another "L" fellow - Loren http://publish.hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/loren.gif

SeaBee
July 1st, 2004, 02:42 PM
That would be Eamon. I liked him too.
He had a good attitude and was really fun with Teal'c.

Thank you, I was trying to remember his name, but it just wouldn't come.
I thought he was very well played.
But I couldn't help feeling that I'd seen him before, somewhere. Not on SG-1, though.
Does anybody know the actors name, then I can do a search on the web and satisfy my curiosity.

ShadowMaat
July 1st, 2004, 02:45 PM
But I couldn't help feeling that I'd seen him before, somewhere.
Patrick Currie (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0192959/) played Eamon. He also played Fifth in Unnatural Selection. I've made his name a link to his IMDB entry. You should be able to find out where else you think you've seen him from there.

edit: the makeup has him looking vaguely like the "gung ho iguana" Grig in Last Starfighter.

dipsofjazz
July 1st, 2004, 02:47 PM
Thank you, I was trying to remember his name, but it just wouldn't come.
I thought he was very well played.
But I couldn't help feeling that I'd seen him before, somewhere. Not on SG-1, though.
Does anybody know the actors name, then I can do a search on the web and satisfy my curiosity.
I think he's Patrick Currie, and I'm sure he played "Fifth" in the episode with the human replicators - Unnatural Selection.

SeaBee
July 1st, 2004, 03:32 PM
Patrick Currie played Eamon. He also played Fifth in Unnatural Selection.

edit: the makeup has him looking vaguely like the "gung ho iguana" Grig in Last Starfighter.

Thanks, Shadow. It was one of "The Outer Limits" eps. I also totally agree with the make-up. :D

Nolamom
July 2nd, 2004, 06:17 PM
We rarely get the opportunity to see *women* more than once.
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/satterfield.gif Satterfield
How heroic was she trying to save Daniel?

ShadowMaat
July 10th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Gonna add a cheer for Amaterasu and Camalot. I mean Camulus. Two freat new additions to the ranks of the system lords. Ama was very pretty. And quite evil. :)

Camulus looked pretty hot. And it'll be interesting to see just how in need of help he really is... and for how long. And will he be wearing that kilt all the time?? :D

Yay to Chevron Guy for getting lots of lines in the premiere.

Yay to Lt. Ford or the Ford lookalike who helped bring the sissy lords back to the SGC.

I don't find Fifth remotely attractive or even very cute, but I love his character and I hope we get to see more of him this season.

Nolamom
July 10th, 2004, 08:32 PM
I gave Amateratsu glowing eyes for someone who wanted that old Goa'uld glow. Picture may be a spoiler for New Order. Amateratsu pic (http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/amateratsu.gif) (I figure that posting a link wasn't the same as popping a spoiler into the middle of a regular thread.)

ShadowMaat
July 10th, 2004, 08:35 PM
I thought about that. But the post title clearly says "Spoilers for all seasons" so I figured I was safe.

Nolamom
July 10th, 2004, 08:45 PM
You're quite correct. I'd forgotten about the blanket spoiler warning. Hmmm...well then, I thought Fifth should have been doing Hamlet in a couple of "poses"
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fifth.gif

Anthro Girl
July 10th, 2004, 08:55 PM
He needs to be holding Fluffy! :)

I like Fifth and Patrick Currie and I do think he's cute! He's actually a little "baby-faced", but that fits Fifth very well. I really liked the "cliffhanger" at the end of New Order. Can't wait to see what they'll do with that.

Nods to Torri Higginson for doing a great job with the role of Elizabeth Weir. I was a little discombobulated on the first viewing of New Order...mostly on the hair color. After a second pass that's it...she's Weir! Onward and upward to Atlantis!

Nolamom
July 11th, 2004, 08:21 AM
He needs to be holding Fluffy! :)
Is this better? http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20captured%20by%20fifth.gif

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Fluffy likes the taste of replicators?

Nolamom
July 11th, 2004, 08:22 AM
hehehe - apparently Replicator fingers are delicious! Since Jack won't issue Fluffy a gun, he *has* to bite the bad guys! (at least when he doesn't have his detonator handy)

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Hmm... since 5th has feelings maybe he'll make a RepliFluffy too.

Mio
July 11th, 2004, 08:27 AM
NOO! NOT REPLIFLUFFY! <crawls into the corner in fear>

heh.

Nolamom
July 11th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Hehehe - then he could have a big, honkin' detonator! http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20detonator.gif

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Fluffy eating Neutronium instead of dog food, or his beloved turkey.

Bagpuss
July 11th, 2004, 10:11 AM
I thought about that. But the post title clearly says "Spoilers for all seasons" so I figured I was safe.
OMG,I hope I have covered all the Spoiler Areas !

I think to be on the safe side,I'll PM a Mod to see if "And Atlantis" needs to be added ! :S

Bagpuss
July 11th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Yay to Chevron Guy for getting lots of lines in the premiere.
Wowee! :D Score one for Norman Walter Harriman(Herriman? Not sure about correct version. :S )
I like the piccies I've seen of Camulus and Amaterasu.
*Whine* Not long to go till September...... :(

ShadowMaat
July 11th, 2004, 10:27 AM
As for your concern about Atlantis, the post says Stargate character. It doesn't say, Stargate SG-1 character, so as far as I'm concerned, you're still covered. ;)

Anthro Girl
July 11th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Hehehe - then he could have a big, honkin' detonator!
Yay Fluffy! You go! :)

Shipperahoy
July 11th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Can I be extremely shallow and express appreciation for Steve Bacic's legs in that Celtic get up? Nice. Very, very, very nice.

ShadowMaat
July 11th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Can I be extremely shallow and express appreciation for Steve Bacic's legs in that Celtic get up? Nice. Very, very, very nice.
Not many guys can make a skirt look good. I mean, a kilt. ;) But then, it's also a leather kilt. He gets extra bonus points for that. :D

Bagpuss
July 11th, 2004, 11:59 AM
As for your concern about Atlantis, the post says Stargate character. It doesn't say, Stargate SG-1 character, so as far as I'm concerned, you're still covered. ;)
Rats ! I've already PM'd Darren to ask for a warnings check ! :o
Ho-Hum....he'll probably be kind to me. I did ask nicely . ;)

Bagpuss
July 11th, 2004, 12:01 PM
I assume S.B has nice legs then ? :cool:
Nothing shallow there Shipperahoy,IMO ! :D
#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

*Edited to add: Darren's changed the Thread title to include "Atlantis".End of Spoiler prob possibilities ! Thank you Darren ! :D :cool: :D *

Jo Raumo
July 11th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I thought I saw Sgt. Siler behind McKay in one of the Atlantis promos. I've got to say that if TPTB are looking for crossover characters I'd follow the Sgt.'s lead to a new show.

Jo Raumo

Nolamom
July 11th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Poor guy, if he can stay out of the infirmary for a couple of days straight...
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/siler.gif