MGM remaking "Incredible Shrinking Man"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM remaking "Incredible Shrinking Man"

I read an article today that MGM were going to do a reboot of the 1957 sci-fi film "The Incredible Shrinking Man", one of my favourite films when I was a youth and one that helped develop my life long love of the genre.

Now, initially I was less than impressed, as reboots of old shows or films tend to make me either cringe or turn off in disgust as so many fail to capture the feel of the originals.

But it seems that the man charged with the job is actually the same guy who made the first version all those years ago.

You can find the article from cinemablend.com here if you wish to read it.

It will be interesting to see how different the story becomes but, hopefully, with the same creative mind in the driving seat, it may turn out to be better than those that have gone before.
    sigpic

This could go either way, I suppose (not all remakes are bad). I've seen the original and it certainly IMO makes more sense to remake something that's more than half a century old than something that's less than a decade old (2 different Hulk movies in the 00s).
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      This could go either way, I suppose (not all remakes are bad). I've seen the original and it certainly IMO makes more sense to remake something that's more than half a century old than something that's less than a decade old (2 different Hulk movies in the 00s).
      I can't believe they remade Total Recall and will now do Starship Troopers. Those movie didn't look that much dated anyway. But still, I went to see new Total Recall as I will the new Starship Troopers. Although they will probably strip the movie from all the social significance and turn it into an action movie only.

The Incredible Shrinking Man was a surprisingly good movie even for someone who's not from that generation. I imagine a completely different storyline. Probably going outside the house.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
      X