The SG-1 screen cap / gif quiz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SG-1 screen cap / gif quiz thread

We play this game at the Amanda Tapping forum and I thought it could be fun to play it here as well

The idea is to post a screen capture or an animated gif and then see if anyone can figure out the episode which it's from - and perhaps what happened just before/after the moment the screen cap/gif represents.

Example:

Question: which episode is this from and what is about to happen?

Answer: Ascension, Orlin is about to ascend.

GateWorld is of course a great ressource for screen caps, and animated gifs can be found on tumblr or made at home I'd like to limit this game to SG-1, because I haven't seen SGA or SGU yet
    The "winner" gets to post the next cap/gif and so on...

First one: which episode are these taken from:

and what just happened?

Last edited by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse; 30 March 2013, 10:16 AM. Reason: caps instead of gifs

Any images and animated gifs have to be 100KB maximum in file size.

Those are all way over the limit so plain links to tumbler or a static cap per caption round would be the easiest way to do this.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Okay, thanks.

Comment

No worries.

Something that might help re pics/gifs: you and others might be able to post them as jpeg or gif thumbnails or attachments.

That'd give you theoretically up to 200 kb space to play with ,but there's a limit on how many we can post if they're hosted then uploaded and stored by GW.

( Still mucking around trying to test out all that ! )

Comment

Oh, size limits are never fun tumblr has a 1 MB limit for gifs and at the AT forum gifs/images may only be 400px wide. 100 kb for a gif isn't much, so I think the best solution for this game is to post static caps as you suggested. gifs are more fun, but are of course bandwith consuming - and I used to be on dial up too, so I fully understand why such a rule exists

I'm curious about the thumbnail/attachment thing, do tell more
          Last edited by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse; 30 March 2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I hear you!
            100 isn't much for gifs (unless they're smilcons ),in fact the gif looks"jerky" because so few frames can be included!

I've been looking for some info ( and taking a while because I went to the wrong thread,lol!) : this post by Sky is a good one that explains the attachments pretty well :link to Ask the Mods
            ( There were problems back then that she and I were trying to fix so Darren upped the limits.)

Comment

100 kb gifs will indeed be "jerky" or tiny

Thanks for the link to Sky's post. Attaching files could sound like a solution, though I've never been fond of the idea of having to delete something to make room for new stuff - it will leave "holes" in older posts - the same thing that happens when people's photobucket account gets deleted *oh the pain to the eyes*

Comment

Know what you mean!

I'd better stop derailing your thread now,eh and let you guys have fun?

*Plods off to find some pics to test somewhere*

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                    We play this game at the Amanda Tapping forum and I thought it could be fun to play it here as well

The idea is to post a screen capture or an animated gif and then see if anyone can figure out the episode which it's from - and perhaps what happened just before/after the moment the screen cap/gif

GateWorld is of course a great ressource for screen caps, and animated gifs can be found on tumblr or made at home I'd like to limit this game to SG-1, because I haven't seen SGA or SGU yet
                    The "winner" gets to post the next cap/gif and so on...

First one: which episode are these taken from:
                    [IMG]http://www.an-c.dk/at/gateworld/quiz1-a.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.an-c.dk/at/gateworld/quiz1-b.jpg[IMG]

and what just happened?

Vala just suggested that Sam and Jack get married in the Wormhole Xtreme movie and Sam gets a rather smug suggestive look as though she's saying "well, you gonna propose?" as Jack plays the deer in headlights! Heehee, so together!
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Yes, correct SO together!!! Your turn

Comment

http://www.macsyourman.com/stargates...cksam2005.html
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Hmm, Sam's hair and the background should give it away, but right now I can't remember the episode something season 6?

Comment

Oh, Is it Descent? The one where the Goa'uld mothership sank in the pacific?

Second thoughts, hmmm, thinks again.
                            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Well I'm stumped, its somewhere between Beneath the Surface and the end of series 5 i think, her hair is a bit longer in series 6, but I can't narrow it down further, its annoying me because its familiar.
                              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X