Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watch ''Fact or Faked : Paranormal Files''? Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watch ''Fact or Faked : Paranormal Files''? Thoughts?

I was curious to know if anyone watches the show Fact or Faked. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a team of people who take a viral video with a supposedly paranormal feature (Ghosts, ufos, mythical creatures) and try to debunk it by finding a natural explanation for the video.
    They'll head out to meet the person who took the video and the location of where it's filmed and try to re-create what is in the video with different creative experiments.
    Sometimes they are able to re-create it, sometimes they can't.

In my opinion, I think they've gotten some good evidence on certain cases that suggests what they found is paranormal. The premise of the show is great and I love the show, although it can get a bit repetitive sometimes but it's their way of trying to conduct a proper experiment or analysis. However, some people I know just don't buy it, they think the cast members are too hyped up for the cases (which I don't believe is exactly true, but wouldn't you be excited to do something like this?) or that well, it's a television show, of course it's not going to be true.

Once they thought what they had caught on camera was a UFO but they admitted it that if you slowed it down, it looked like a bird. Instead, they could have said what they found was a UFO and make us believe otherewise. I find a lot of it pretty honest but maybe I'm not critical enough.

Looking forward on hearing your thoughts! Anyone else a big fan of the show?

I do watch it...but I would say I'm a casual viewer. Some of the videos they select for the show just don't keep my interest.
    sigpic

Comment

Agreed. The other night I wondered if they really had to go investigate flying fish rods... which turned out to be regular insects.

What was your favourite episode?

Comment

I still like one of the earlier episodes the best. Its the one where the people captured an odd looking creature walking in their back yard. There was no way the crew was able to recreate it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I still like one of the earlier episodes the best. Its the one where the people captured an odd looking creature walking in their back yard. There was no way the crew was able to recreate it.
          Agreed! Terrific episode. I couldn't help but wonder what in the world was that ''creature''. You should check out the Paulding light episode, it's a mysterious light that pops up every night above these trees and they couldn't figure out what it was. It wasn't an airlplane, it wasn't tail lights, wasn't something combustible... and they weren't able to see it if they stood below the area where it was appearing above even though another team member could still see it from his vantage point.

Comment

Originally posted by djackson1234 View Post
            Agreed! Terrific episode. I couldn't help but wonder what in the world was that ''creature''. You should check out the Paulding light episode, it's a mysterious light that pops up every night above these trees and they couldn't figure out what it was. It wasn't an airlplane, it wasn't tail lights, wasn't something combustible... and they weren't able to see it if they stood below the area where it was appearing above even though another team member could still see it from his vantage point.
            Sounds interesting...
            sigpic

Comment

I watch this, too, but on a casual basis. I don't stress if I miss a show. I agree with what LT Col Carter said about the creature in the yard. That was a good one.
              I guess I like the ones that can't be re-created by the crew. It is an interesting show!

Comment

Working...
              X