Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reboot

So, looks like Michael Bay is making a TMNT reboot, with Megan Fox cast...
    http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...s-reboot-78696

Thoughts?

A point of note: this is the same abomination that Bay has said will feature turtles that are neither teenage nor mutant. By reports to date, this is 'Transdimensional Alien Ninja Turtles.' I'm shunning this garbage, and hope everyone else will too.

What? You did ask for thoughts
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Every time I see Megan Fox she looks like some fake botoxed plastic barbie doll, which is a shame because she is naturally quite stunning. I doubt I'll be watching the new film as I can't see it improving on the original and everybody seems to be on the 'reboot' bandwagon since the Batman trilogy did so well.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        A point of note: this is the same abomination that Bay has said will feature turtles that are neither teenage nor mutant. By reports to date, this is 'Transdimensional Alien Ninja Turtles.' I'm shunning this garbage, and hope everyone else will too.

What? You did ask for thoughts
        What do you mean? Sorry, I didn't even know they were rebooting so I have no idea what they will be doing

As for Megan Fox, I'm not convinced having her play April. I'm not a fan of Megan Fox.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          What do you mean? Sorry, I didn't even know they were rebooting so I have no idea what they will be doing
          Not even kidding Linda... This came out a while ago. Michael Bay thought it would be brilliant if the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" were neither teenage nor mutants. What's leaked out about the film so far is that they'll be fighters who are just some of many fighting turtles from a parallel dimension.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Not even kidding Linda... This came out a while ago. Michael Bay thought it would be brilliant if the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" were neither teenage nor mutants. What's leaked out about the film so far is that they'll be fighters who are just some of many fighting turtles from a parallel dimension.
            Are you serious. Please tell that is some sort of sick joke?
            sigpic

Comment

I don't like Mr. Bay's decision to change so much about the TMNT either. Some aspects of a story you just don't mess with. And Megan Fox as April, no thanks.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't know. In theory it sounds bad. But at the same time I bet the people said the same thing about the 1987 TMNT cartoon series which I remember watching as a little kid
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked the cartoon.
                  sigpic

Comment

The title of this thread can be confusing. What is being rebooted; the comics, cartoons, or the movies? Had to enter the thread to find out. I like the first two movies. The third is OK, but not nearly as good. I like how the fourth was animated, but followed on from the live-action movies. The wall of defeated enemies referenced the first three movies with Shredder's helmet, the ooze canister, and the time scepter among other things. That was cool. Wasn't there talk of a second animated movie in the vein of TMNT? I'd like to have seen more of that. Ah well... I can understand the reboot. Of the TMNT movies, only one of them is relatively recent. Movies for a young generation and all that. I'm not sure how I feel about Megan Fox as April O'Neill. Hasn't Fox been a little out of control and racy lately? I don't like the idea of her in a children's movie.

Dude, it's just a movie. People are allowed to re-envision a story. If you don't like how Michael Bay is changing the story, then don't go see the movie. Abomination, garbage? I'd love to use that prophetic crystal ball of yours. Shunning? It's not like the movie that's not out yet has kicked your puppy. Wow. I hope everyone else realizes this is just a movie.

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
                    everybody seems to be on the 'reboot' bandwagon since the Batman trilogy did so well.
                    Everyone's been on that bandwagon since 2005's Batman Begins, long before it became a trilogy.

I don't mind changing their origin as being from a parallel universe. Is that really any worse than Star Trek's 2009 reboot that wiped out the entire saga except for Enterprise? Not really. However, the idea that they're not teenagers? That kills it. The whole appeal is that these are weird teenage ninja turtle people. Whether their mutant turtles or trans-dimensional turtles makes no difference to me. I hope the turtles not being teens is just disinformation to keep the real plot from being leaked.

Just out of curiosity, how many cartoons and movies have there been over the years? I know there's been three live action movies, the animated movie, the '87 cartoon, and a live-action show based off the movies. What else has there been?

Comment

As someone who has the original trilogy still on vhs, and loved part 2 (ICE ICE BABY!), i was wondering if/when they might reboot it.

Comment

The Secret of the Ooze was my favorite of the live-action trilogy as well. Did you get to see the animated movie, TMNT?

Comment

Nope.. Don't care to either.

Comment

Whether I like what Bay plans to do with this or not, I will probably still check it out.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows TRAILER 4 (2016)

I think Stephen Amell (Arrow) is a good fit to play Casey Jones.
                              sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                              ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Working...
                              X