Lost in Space (Original TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost in Space (Original TV series)

I love the '98 movie. Is the series worth checking out? I've seen parts of episodes, but never a full episode. I've heard it degenerated into the Dr. Smith and Will Robinson show in the second and third seasons. Has anyone seen more than a few episodes? What did you think? Did anyone like it becoming the Smith/Will show?

I seen a lot of episodes when I was younger, I enjoyed it then, not sure I enjoy it now, as the special effects and sets are ancient, an the style of the show doesn't suit my current tastes.

I thought the 98 movie was enjoyable and was never sure where all the hate for it came from, it would have made a good series.

I love how the design schematics for the 1998 fooled some people into believing they were actual schematics from a flying saucer captured by the Air force.

Comment

I liked the movie as well but I don't know what to think of the series really, I guess you best watch for yourself a while to find out =)

Comment

The only way I can watch it is if I buy the first season on DVD. I don't do blind buys, hence the discussion.

Comment

oh, thats understandable, well maybe they'll repeat it sometimes =)

Comment

I'm not expecting reruns on the local channels.

Comment

Well, I remember the original series very fondly, and I also loved the movie.

Even though it was in black and white, I thought the first season was the best. It had more of a sci fi feel to it, with some stand out episodes.

Hm, feeling a bit nostalgic now - might dig the DVDs out this weekend!

Cate
              sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Does anyone know how the final episode ended? Specifically, did it end on a cliffhanger, forever unresolved? Don't forget to use spoiler code, there may be people who haven't seen the episode. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  Does anyone know how the final episode ended? Specifically, did it end on a cliffhanger, forever unresolved? Don't forget to use spoiler code, there may be people who haven't seen the episode. Thanks!
                  From what I understand it ended with a cliffhanger. When they were filming the last episode of season 3 they were told that there would be a fourth season. Then two months later the network came in and axed it. TV shows in the 60s rarely got a series finale.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X