This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got ANDROMEDA for my birthday

Tomorrow is my birthday on the 14th yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got one of my birthday presents. The complete set of Andromeda.

Now tons of fans on these forums. I've never seen this show on TV here in Australia so what's it like? Which seasons should I watch?

And why don't we have a folder for Andromeda?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Tomorrow is my birthday on the 14th yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Birthday.

Originally posted by Coco Pops
    I just got one of my birthday presents. The complete set of Andromeda.
    V nice!

Originally posted by Coco Pops
    Now tons of fans on these forums. I've never seen this show on TV here in Australia so what's it like? Which seasons should I watch?

And why don't we have a folder for Andromeda?
    There's still some interest in the show here ,eg this active thread : Andromeda Appreciation and Discussion Thread

( I'd suggest if you want to stay spoiler-free though ,ask for replies to carry labelled/tagged spoilers in *this* thread.
    The show ended quite a while ago so new viewers such as yourself have to be wary because normal site spoiler policy doesn't apply.)

Why no folder? Not enough interest so far,and like I said : it's an old show.

If you want Darren to consider the idea though,post to this thread : "I'd Love To See A Dedicated Folder For..."
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm just watching Andromeda for the first time (just past the middle of the second season) and I'm enjoying it a lot. So far it's been a wild ride.

Some people don't like the last two seasons, particularly the fifth, but since I'm not there yet, I can't judge. In any case, I've never really seen the point of skipping any seasons or episodes, at least not on a first viewing. Just because 99 percent of viewers dislike a particular episode or season, doesn't mean you will.

Oh, and happy birthday!
      sigpic

Comment

I like the ship. What an unusual design......

I read on the internet (yes I know not the most reliable source) that this series originally was set in the same universe as Star Trek and set after the Federation had fallen.

Comment

which set did you get I want to get the slipstream set that is the best one from what I can tell
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
            which set did you get I want to get the slipstream set that is the best one from what I can tell
            It's a normal box with 5 volumes in it.

Is the slipstream set the triangle box? That's no longer available here

Comment

Oooh I just finished the first disk of the set and I have to say WTF at
              some parts, but.............but I think I'm going to stick around for
              the ride and see how things go.......

I love the purple girl.... Just something about the actress is very
              pretty and likeable.....

Anyone notice the obvious similarity of the big guy to a Klingon?

Only one thing ticked me off, well a couple. One episode seemed like it
              was based on TOS "Miri" and that was the one with the kids. I just kept
              thinking "Miri" while watching that.

The other thing. Why in all these shows the main ship always gets
              brutally banged up and then patched up in no time? That sh**s me off in
              ever scifi show.

Comment

I've forgotten most of Andromeda, I haven't seen it since it used to air on UPN....I'm hoping for a US release eventually. OR re-release I should say.

Comment

I recently finished watching this series and I love the first 2 seasons...the 3rds ok but not a fan of the rest of the series...

It's a good series.

oh Happy Birthday
                  Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

Glad you're enjoying it coco!

The self-repair bit always did bother me on Trek, but at least there's an explanation for it on Andromeda as she's self-repairing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X