Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Sci-fi Episode a Day keeps the Straightjacket away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Sci-fi Episode a Day keeps the Straightjacket away!

One thing I've found over the past couple years, is that Sci-fi has a rather relaxing effect on this brain of mine. Just has been crazy noticeable lately with the stress around here that I can be in a rather down mood or low mood and finding that even if I've seen the episode a dozen times over it's still is watchable -you'd figure after seeing the episode a few times you'd stop watching the series- Course I've been stuck in a Babylon 5/Deep Space Nine Viewing loop and when watching Stargate SG-1 it's usually between that Atlantis and Universe.

Heck I got Firefly and only watched the first Volume of the Set before I went back to DS9 and B5.

At least good old Star Trek helps keep this mind of mine from going crazy.....

I'm probably not the only one here at gateworld that watches an episode or a small marathon a day that helps keeps you sane.

[I'm stuck at home and not able to do much so good thing this has kept the brain occupied even when it comes to picking apart the little things in each series,nitpicking....good mental exercise sure it makes you look geeky but it's better than being "Woe is me." all the time.]
    Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

I think that any good movie/show/book that can send you away somewhere cool is a great stress reliever!

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
      I think that any good movie/show/book that can send you away somewhere cool is a great stress reliever!
      true not necessarily sci-fi, for me any supernatural & fantasty stuff is a great stress reliever but shows like Castle and Elementary as well !
      sigpic

Comment

I find that Futurama and The Simpsons work best for me

Comment

Stargate and Lord of the Rings seem to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Stargate and Lord of the Rings seem to work for me.
            Yep, and also tea.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Well, it's amazing the effect Stargate SG-1 had me. I haven't watched them in a while but as lame as it sounds, SG1 team kind of became a sort of family for me. Bit of an escape for me at a time where I didn't go out as much.

So I agree! Sci-fi definitely keeps me happy.

Comment

Any good story for me as long as it has a great story, it dont matter really what genre it is

It doesnt even have to be a tv show, it could be a good movie or a fun game too
                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 07 January 2013, 01:18 PM.
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

I watch SG1/SGA and sometimes Farscape or Sanctuary every night to sleep.

Mainly SG1. I can watch the same ep over and over, because more recently I just roll over and the fact it's playing behind my back is comforting .

Comment

Absolutely I use sci-fi (and other TV shows, and books) to keep myself sane. They're great for escaping a little bit, and also as a reminder to be brave in life, because sci-fi characters generally need buckets of courage.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X