Gerry Anderson, Rip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerry Anderson, Rip

The producer/creator of such shows as Space 1999, Thunderbirds and UFO has passed on to the next dimension.

http://youtu.be/slYW7kkHyI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIAKj3Gl1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMEZuaguuCU

Some of us older types still remember.
    SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

That's sad. I grew up with 'Fireball XL5' 'Thunderbirds' and 'Stingray'. Loved 'Space 1999'. He is fondly remembered by this fan.

I will have to go and watch that part of SG-1's '200' now for the fun homage to his work. The 'Hood' like puppet Teal'c just cracks me up every time!

Comment

I loved UFO.
      Sorry to hear about him
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

As an older type...
        The news of his passing shocked me greatly.

I remember Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, UFO and Space 1999. It is hard to believe that a man who was an influence in my life has gone.
        He will be missed...

PWOR, FAB, SIG, Gerry...!
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Hello all,
          After posting here I found the following things that some people had said about Gerry Anderson.

Jonathan Ross, a TV and Radio presenter here in the UK tweeted:- 'For men of my age his work made childhood an incredible place to be.'

Brian Blessed, an actor who had worked for Gerry said :- "I think a light has gone out in the universe, He had a great sense of humour. He wasn’t childish but child-like and he had a tremendous love of the universe and astronomy and scientists."

And Nick Williamson, Chairman of Fanderson had this to say :- “To those who met him Gerry was a quiet, unassuming but determined man. His desire to make the best films he could drove him and his talented teams to innovate, take risks, and do everything necessary to produce quite inspirational works. Gerry’s legacy is that he inspired so many people and continues to bring so much joy to so many millions of people around the world.”
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I used to enjoy Thunderbirds... Another great talent gone.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
              As an older type...
              The news of his passing shocked me greatly.

I remember Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, UFO and Space 1999. It is hard to believe that a man who was an influence in my life has gone.
              He will be missed...

PWOR, FAB, SIG, Gerry...!
              These were all the shows of my childhood too. So sad
              sigpic

Comment

That is a terrible shame. Reruns of Thunderbirds, Stingray and Captain Scarlet were a significant part of my childhood. He was a talented man who created a wonderful and unique body of work, and he will be missed.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                X