Pacific Rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacific Rim

I couldn't find a thread for this awesomly looking trailer what do you guys think about it ? If there is another post so please close it !

I really loved Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth so I have good hopes for this one although it is not Mountain of Madness sadly it still looks awesome, does anyone now if it is based on anything ? Short story ? Graphic Novel ? or is it a new story by Del Toro ? Although it has no Avengers and Batman in it, I think 2013 will be a good movie year.
    sigpic

Awesome looking trailer, but how are they going to explain why they need giant robots?

Comment

Why should they?
      sigpic

Comment

It looks like an awesome Transformers movie, done everything right, without the actual Transformers.
        sigpic

Comment

And it seems like GLaDOS is the AI of the giant robot.

Comment

This film is based on the 1980s Japenese big monster movies I think...
            Looks interesting though...

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
              Why should they?
              Because it would be stupid othewise. Del Toro is known for making smart movies, or at least he tries to; he's not a Michael Bay wannabe.

Comment

It was interesting until the giant robots showed up. How did people come up with the time and resources to build giant robots before giant monsters killed everything? Can we have a monster flick without giant robots? Please?

Comment

I don't think it's an invasion. They just show up sometimes, kind of like Islamic terrorists.

Comment

"Chaos is spreading around the world. No one can tell us where they came from." The beginning of the trailer suggests an invasion, not the occasional monster. As for Islamic terrorists being sometimes? Uh... right.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      It was interesting until the giant robots showed up. How did people come up with the time and resources to build giant robots before giant monsters killed everything? Can we have a monster flick without giant robots? Please?
                      I think they don't care for answers that much in these kind of movies.... although Del Toro should be able to explain things better than a certain Transformers director
                      sigpic

Comment

When giant monsters arise from the outside and inside of Earth, it starts a war that takes millions of lives and quickly consumes humanity's resources. To combat this new threat, a special type of weapon is designed: massive robots, known as Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. As time passes, even the powerful Jaegers prove almost defenceless in the face of a relentless enemy. On its last stand and on the verge of defeat, the remaining defending forces of mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes - a former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) - who are teamed to drive one of the legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the early trials as they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

Heres a plot summary, think that explains why they build them...

Comment

That wasn't my questioned. I was asking how they could have built them so fast. Realistically, monsters like that would conquer the Earth long before the first "giant robot" could be completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                            Because it would be stupid othewise. Del Toro is known for making smart movies, or at least he tries to; he's not a Michael Bay wannabe.
                            Its a movie about giant monsters from another dimension coming through a portal/rift deep beneath the ocean and smashing s*** up. You want history and technical manuals, go to a library.

Because we've been flooded with robots versus monster movies lately.

That wasn't my questioned. I was asking how they could have built them so fast. Realistically, monsters like that would conquer the Earth long before the first "giant robot" could be completed.
                            sigpic

Comment

The lack of realism is why I won't be seeing this movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X