After Earth (2013 Scifi Film)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Earth (2013 Scifi Film)

Looks good. It does seem like most of the film is base around Jayden character rather than Will Smith. But I do generally enjoy Will Smith films. An his son cant complain that his day never did anything to help his career prospects.

Shyamalan is not the most reliable pair of hands in Hollywood, although I think some people have been a bit harsh on his films.

I generally enjoy Will Smith movies too havent really come across a bad one but i havent really watched his drama movies

I'll check it out
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I like Will Smith as an actor, and pretty much all the films hes been in have been good.
      Nice to see hes doing another movie with his son, but looks like this one will be more his son, than him.

Looks interesting, might check it out

Comment

Shyamalan is a death stamp on this movie imo. His movies have gotten worse and worse and seeing as how this one is nothing more than way to get Will Smiths kid into a movie I´m guessing it will be even worse.

The movie will need to get really good reviews in order for me to see it in theaters.

Comment

Notice how they don't have the "M Night Shyamalan presents" or "A film by M Night Shyamalan" in the trailer. It used to be a drawing point to do that for his films, but I think based on recent outcomes of his movies they are avoiding associating his name to the movie for promotional purposes.

The trailer makes the movie seem OK but nothing earth-shattering (no pun intended). I'm skeptical about Jaden Smith and the fact that Will wants to cast him in everything these days. Will can act but his son's capabilities are questionable. Maybe he will prove critics wrong in this one, remains to be seen.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            I generally enjoy Will Smith movies too havent really come across a bad one but i havent really watched his drama movies

I'll check it out
            Same here, but i didn't really like his 13 pounds..

Comment

Shamalangadingdongs elevator movie wasn't too bad.
              However, I remember being in a theater when they had a preview and when they said from the mind of, everyone broke out laughing.

Comment

stupid to name the movie after earth, if they're ON earth.
                looks alright, not sure what the plot is. run away from everything that wants to kill or eat you.
                ok.
                then what?

i love will smith, but i am legend was so terrible, i'm a little skeptical about his apocalyptic sci-fi

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                  looks alright, not sure what the plot is. run away from everything that wants to kill or eat you.
                  ok.
                  then what?

i love will smith, but i am legend was so terrible, i'm a little skeptical about his apocalyptic sci-fi
                  I enjoyed I am Legend. Especially as the dog out shone and out acted Will Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                    ok.
                    I am thinking that something happened down here forcing everyone to leave the planet.. and now they are coming back to see whats up

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I am thinking that something happened down here forcing everyone to leave the planet.. and now they are coming back to see whats up
                      According to previews it was a "cataclysmic event" 1000 years ago that forced everyone to evacuate Earth and move to another planet, Nova Prime. Whatever the "event" was remains to be seen, but the trailer mentions something about all animals and creatures on Earth attacking humans. Sounds a bit odd at this point until we learn more.
                      sigpic

Comment

It looked boring until Will Smith said, "This is Earth." I'll wait for the dollar theater, but it definitely looks interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                          According to previews it was a "cataclysmic event" 1000 years ago that forced everyone to evacuate Earth and move to another planet, Nova Prime. Whatever the "event" was remains to be seen, but the trailer mentions something about all animals and creatures on Earth attacking humans. Sounds a bit odd at this point until we learn more.
                          It odd, especially as there a scene with space ships firing weapons at Will Smith son in this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuWbo...mbedded#t=106s

http://www.afterearth.com/site/

It website pretty cool, look like the writers put a bit of thought into the universe.

I suspect the Skrel may have been at war longer with humanity than humanity knows. An that it was there handy work that turn the planet other species against us.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 20 December 2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

looks interesting. But I'll definitely wait to see what people who see it say before I'd go to theaters. I like Will Smith and his son is a good actor (was great in karate kid).
                            sigpic

Comment

The trailer looks nice, but it also looks like there isn't a story either.

Comment

Working...
                              X