PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Carter/Carmen Argenziano Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Wass
February 10th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I had quick look around there wasn’t a thread on this subject so I am going to create one.

I just want say what great character Jacob Carter had become over the years he will be truly missed. But I do understand why TPTB decided to finish the character for gooD. Sam and others needed a closure and also considering season 9 is going in different direction Jacob will no longer needed it was graceful ending for one of my favourite characters.

sueKay
February 10th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I loved Jacob!!!!!

I'm really say he's gone but the death scene has got to be one of the most touching and beautiful scenes I've ever seen.

I hope we bump into him in an AU or something along the way in season nine though.

lucylou
February 10th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I loved Jacob too! He was my favourite guest star on the show. Carmen and Amanda have an amazing chemistry and were totally believable playing father and daughter. All of their scenes together were amazing and those last ones were so poignant. I'll miss Jacob so much!

Lucy x

MartoufMarty
February 10th, 2005, 12:07 PM
I cried when Jacob died.

It was so sad.

I never expected him to just go and die.

I've always liked Jacob. I'll miss him.

Also, what bugged me was how they kept on saying 'four years ago'. Wouldn't it have been six years ago?

Also, (I'm nit-picking here) the episode was 8.18 Threads, not 8.19... Just pointing it out.

*runs away*

gatebee
February 10th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Jacob was a better dad with Selmak's help. Selmak even made Jacob reunite with his son and grandchildren. Missing Jacob too. :(

Gatebee :D

lucylou
February 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
I cried when Jacob died.

It was so sad.

I never expected him to just go and die.

I've always liked Jacob. I'll miss him.

Also, what bugged me was how they kept on saying 'four years ago'. Wouldn't it have been six years ago?

Also, (I'm nit-picking here) the episode was 8.18 Threads, not 8.19... Just pointing it out.

*runs away*

I was wondering that too! It was season 2 when Jacob was given the symbiote wasn't it? so it would be six years not four!

astrogeologist
February 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Warning: SPOILERS for Seasons 7 and 8 below:

I had quick look around there wasn’t a thread on this subject so I am going to create one.

I just want say what great character Jacob Carter had become over the years he will be truly missed. But I do understand why TPTB decided to finish the character for gooD. Sam and others needed a closure and also considering season 9 is going in different direction Jacob will no longer needed it was graceful ending for one of my favourite characters.

I couldn't agree more - Jacob Carter was a wonderful character and I am truly sorry that he is gone.

--------------------------------------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/accesspics/welcometoMYlife.jpg
JACK: Excuse me. I distinctly remember someone saying "We're not gonna make it!" I think we made it.
JACOB: I'm sorry, I overreacted. At the time it seemed we weren't gonna make it.
JACK: Yes! Well, next time, maybe we'll just wait and see.
JACOB: (Rather sarcastically, yet with a smile ) And blow the last chance I'll ever have to being right?
(Sam's grinning behind Jacob)
JACK: (As Jacob passes by him) What?
SAM: (Laughing...)Welcome to MY life! (on her way out of the room)
Photos are screen captures from the episodes 'Exodus' and 'Enemies'
Transcript excerpts are mainly from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript Website (http://www.moon-catchin.net/transcripts.htm)

--------------------------------------------

Infirmary -Sam wakes up to find Jacob sitting there.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/accesspics/Z2samanddad.jpg
Jacob: Howdy kid. You were asleep for a long time. You gave me quite a scare.
Sam: I'm sorry.
Jacob: Jack told me what happened. I'm proud of you. Look Sam, I may not be able to come around as much for the next little while.
Sam: What do you mean?
Jacob: Things kind of got screwed up while you were out there. The alliance is in trouble.
Sam: I don't understand.
Jacob: You don't need to know the details right now. Let’s just say we're going our separate ways for a while. If I stay with the Tokra, I can at least try to mend some fences.
Sam: You sure?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/accesspics/Z_Jacobleaves.jpg
Jacob: I'm not ready to give up on this just yet.
He kisses her.
Jacob: Don't worry, I'll be back eventually.
Sam: I'll miss you.
Jacob: I'll miss you too. Bye.
------------------

Photos are screen captures from the episode Death Knell
Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website (http://www.moon-catchin.net/transcripts.htm)
If you want to see a wonderful Jacob and Sam video montage, that now makes me cry
>>> 'In My Daughter's Eyes':
http://www.creative-insanity.net/voice/videos/daughter.wmv
From the website: http://www.creative-insanity.net/voice/deaniestargatevids.html

---------------

MartoufMarty
February 10th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I think I might watch some of that episode over again... It was just so sad... :(

Wass
February 10th, 2005, 12:52 PM

*runs away*
Yes you are correct my mistake been ill my head is still messed up.

Wass
February 10th, 2005, 12:57 PM
One thing that really ticked me off was the fact that Sam’S brother Jacobs son (can’t remember his name) was not there when he died I mean the tok’ra managed to turn up to pay there respects and they did not even call his son.

shockwave
February 10th, 2005, 01:37 PM
another pointless waste of a great character, never or almost never to be mentionned again (just like with Janet in Heroes). Thank you RCC

MartoufMarty
February 10th, 2005, 01:53 PM
another pointless waste of a great character, never or almost never to be mentionned again (just like with Janet in Heroes). Thank you RCC
Well actually about Janet...

She's apparently supposed to make some kind of apperance in Season 9 or something... That's what I heard somewhere. I haven't really been keeping up with the spoilers too much...

Wass
February 10th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Well actually about Janet...

She's apparently supposed to make some kind of apperance in Season 9 or something... That's what I heard somewhere. I haven't really been keeping up with the spoilers too much...

That’s just rumour according to JM it’s not happening he confirmed it in his Q&A thread.

Frostfox
February 10th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I will miss the old coot, sorry to see him bite the dust.
Good actor, good character, he'll be missed

MartoufMarty
February 10th, 2005, 02:10 PM
That’s just rumour according to JM it’s not happening he confirmed it in his Q&A thread.
See! Told ya... I'm not really keeping up with the spoilers...

*walks away whistling*

gatebee
February 10th, 2005, 06:22 PM
One thing that really ticked me off was the fact that Sam’S brother Jacobs son (can’t remember his name) was not there when he died I mean the tok’ra managed to turn up to pay there respects and they did not even call his son.
ThreadsI think Jacob was able to say his goodbye to his son. Because he had mentioned when they were in the mess hall that he was seeing him tomorrow. And it was several days after that that he died.

Gatebee :D :D :D

gatebee
February 10th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Maybe we can have Jacob appear in some AU next season. With Sci-fi/Stargate anything is possible.

alz0rz
February 10th, 2005, 08:01 PM
It would have been extra special if he had ascended :o

gatebee
February 10th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Unfortunately Jacob Threads could not ascend because Oma was busy at that time with Anubis

Andy Alcatraz
February 10th, 2005, 08:17 PM
(If you haven't seen "Threads")
Oma's help is not needed to ascend. Ideally, a person is supposed to ascend on their own.

MartoufMarty
February 11th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Oma's help is not needed to ascend. Ideally, a person is supposed to ascend on their own.
But it's easier if there was help.

Wass
February 11th, 2005, 05:21 AM

Only if he/she has pure heart and no bad intentions.

Wass
February 11th, 2005, 05:30 AM
ThreadsI think Jacob was able to say his goodbye to his son. Because he had mentioned when they were in the mess hall that he was seeing him tomorrow. And it was several days after that that he died.

Did he I didn't notice it just have to watch it again.

Andy Alcatraz
February 11th, 2005, 08:28 AM
But it's easier if there was help.

I agree and doubt it will happen, but I am just conceding the possibility.

Keffler
February 11th, 2005, 08:58 AM
The last three episodes of SG1 have truly been awesome. lets see if mobieous 1 and 2 can life up to the run up?

Daz
February 11th, 2005, 09:52 AM
SPOILERS in all of this.

Yeh, they really have restored my faith in SG-1.

I was kinda worried about season 9 the way 7 and 8 was going, but then Reckoning sort of filled me with hope, and my jaw literally dropped in Threads. Possibly the best episode, or tv for that matter, I have ever seen.

Anyway, on topic, I have always really loved jacob/selmaks character, flippin amazing. i always loved the tok'ra episodes whenever we saw him, one of my favourite characters of any series, film etc.

T'is a shame he was killed off so...abrubtly. I thought the idea of Selmak bein ill and then in a coma could have really gone somewhere. Otherwise, I thought he was really great in this episode.

''Selmak really likes him'' (paraphrasing) was really quite sweet for Sam and Pete, especially when we find out he's been in a coma.

Nikkirose
February 11th, 2005, 11:07 AM
YAY!! I'm so glad this thread was made! Thank you Wass! I made this yesterday and wanted to use this as my sig, but its spoilery so I cant.. But since you have this thread (and a spoiler warning in the name of the thread) I will post it here...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Nikkirose/Jacobsig.jpg

I'm gonna miss Jacob! Wish they had kept him around! Love Carmen's chemistry with AT!! *SOBS* I will stay strong!

girlgater
February 11th, 2005, 11:49 AM
So...with this story change, will there be another Tok'ra to serve SGC as he has done in the past?

Nikkirose
February 12th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I'm here to resurrect this great thread with a pic!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Nikkirose/Jacobtwain.jpg

NearlyCircular
February 13th, 2005, 05:12 AM
I posted this on another thread, and someone suggested that I post it here, too. The latest Stargate Magazine came out and has a short interview with Amanda Tapping about how hard it was to film a scene in Threads. I'm not sure if it's ok to post excerpts from the interview , but I'll put it here for now, and if it isn't, could a mod please remove it?

Spoilers for Threads

...Argenziano, who has been a key part of Stargate SG1 since his first appearance in season two episode Secrets, has long been a very close friend of the actress, who confessed that filming Carter's reaction to her dad's death was a particularly difficult task.

"What's so astounding to me is that we started to shoot it, I was up in the observation room and had to walk down [to the Gateroom]. And I lost it," recalls Tapping. "I wasn't even on camera. I went back up to the observation room and they said, 'Why are you crying?' and I said, 'They're killing off Carmen!' The enormity of it hit me right then, it hit me just like a brick to the head, and I couldn't stop crying."

Despite her distress at Jacob Carter's departure, the actress acknowledges that the episode provided an excellent conclusion to the character's arc.

"It worked out beautifully," she admits. .'They handled it really well. I don't think they had to kill him off, but I think it worked. It worked in with a couple of different story lines, so it was really kind of cool."

NC

tara3583
February 13th, 2005, 05:42 AM

I really loved the relationship between Sam and
her Dad, it was so beutifully played by both Amanda and Carmen that it really did feel like you were watching father and daughter.
I will miss this side of Stargate very much and
to be honest although tptb gave Jacob a very moving end, i felt that maybe they could have had Salmak die in the same that Joinar died in Sam, that way tptb could have explored the Gou'ld tecnology with both Sam and her father and also see how Jacob deals with the loss of Salmak.

WhatFateAlmondRoca
July 10th, 2006, 07:32 PM
After meeting Carmen this weekend at Shore Leave I'm resurrecting this thread. I told Carmen how much he is missed on the show and he was genuinely touched.

So what is your favorite Jacob/Selmak moment?

qksilver99
July 14th, 2006, 05:22 AM
After meeting Carmen this weekend at Shore Leave I'm resurrecting this thread. I told Carmen how much he is missed on the show and he was genuinely touched.

So what is your favorite Jacob/Selmak moment?

When Selmak(who was still in Saroosh) was shining the bright lights in his eyes and asking him the tough questions, as she had to decide if she LIKED him before she blended with him.

:)

Helena

WhatFateAlmondRoca
July 14th, 2006, 05:31 AM
When Selmak(who was still in Saroosh) was shining the bright lights in his eyes and asking him the tough questions, as she had to decide if she LIKED him before she blended with him.

:)

Helena

<---waves! hey!

That was a beautiful moment. They really seemed to hit it off. Also, Jacob seems very different in that scene than when we first saw him trying to get Sam into NASA. Carmen did a great job of portraying that!

dmovies
July 14th, 2006, 06:36 AM
So...with this story change, will there be another Tok'ra to serve SGC as he has done in the past?
I don't think so. We've probably seen the end of the Tokra. Just like TPTB hoped to eliminate Sam Carter Good thing she has a strong fan base, just saying...

WhatFateAlmondRoca
July 14th, 2006, 06:48 AM
I don't think so. We've probably seen the end of the Tokra. Just like TPTB hoped to eliminate Sam Carter Good thing she has a strong fan base, just saying...

Yes, the Tok'ra met a strange and sudden end. Like they don't exist any more. I for one wonder about them...

At Shore Leave I asked Carmen about any chances of an AU Jacob coming back. He said he didn't know but let's hope.

So, let's hope! Let's keep this thread going and maybe someone will realize Carmen has a fan base too!

ShimmeringStar
July 15th, 2006, 06:27 PM
At Shore Leave I asked Carmen about any chances of an AU Jacob coming back. He said he didn't know but let's hope.

So, let's hope! Let's keep this thread going and maybe someone will realize Carmen has a fan base too!
How could such an adorable man not have one???!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/ShoreLeave7-06/CarmenArgenziano-SL-1.jpg
I've uploaded pictures of Carmen from Shore Leave to my LJ galleries. :)

http://pics.livejournal.com/shimmeringstar1/

There's some there of Corin & still am working on the Jamie and Amanda pix. :)

WhatFateAlmondRoca
July 16th, 2006, 04:44 PM
How could such an adorable man not have one???!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/ShoreLeave7-06/CarmenArgenziano-SL-1.jpg
I've uploaded pictures of Carmen from Shore Leave to my LJ galleries. :)

http://pics.livejournal.com/shimmeringstar1/

There's some there of Corin & still am working on the Jamie and Amanda pix. :)

Can't wait - I have none of Jamie to date.

Oh, and I agree - he absolutely has a fan base. I just want someone over at Bridge to realize what WE already know and bring him back!

AGateFan
July 16th, 2006, 05:37 PM
One of my favorite scenes (I liked almost all of them with him in it) was when he had to apologize to Jack for saying they were all going to die.

O'Neill: I distinctly remember you saying we weren't going to make it.
Jacob: I over-reacted. I apologize.
O'Neill: Well, we made it. So maybe next time you could reserve judgement.
Jacob: What, and miss my last chance of being right? [Walks away].
O'Neill: What?
Sam: Welcome to my world.
Daniel: Looking anywhere but at Jack.

That entire scene was just great.

nell
July 16th, 2006, 05:54 PM
One of my favorite scenes (I liked almost all of them with him in it) was when he had to apologize to Jack for saying they were all going to die.

Yes, I thought this scene with Jacob and Jack banter was funny!!! I also met Carmen last weekend at Shore Leave. He was warm, friendly, and genuine. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was seeing Amanda, Carmen, and Corin on stage together **sighs** Sam, Dad,and Jonas!!!

AGateFan
July 17th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Jacob: Of course Col O'Neill is always fun to have around.

WhatFateAlmondRoca
July 17th, 2006, 03:04 AM

Yup, that's a good one - hilarious, great dynamics. Also, the 'welcome to MY world' is one of my favorite Sam quotes.

JessM
July 17th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Hi all, newbie to this thread here. :)

I'm glad we have a thread for Jacob. He was one of my favorite characters and I wish they didn't have to kill him off (I have my own theory as to why it was done, but I'm not going to share it). I loved the chemistry between him and Sam. As for my favorite Jacob moment... I really can't think of one, although I really liked the scene in Meridian where he came into the infirmary and gave Sam a hug. I thought it was really touching and a nice show of love and support for her, as she was so upset about her friend dying.

I met Carmen at ICON in March. He was really sweet. I have a con report and pics up on my site if anyone's interested in seeing them.

WhatFateAlmondRoca
July 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Hi all, newbie to this thread here. :)

I'm glad we have a thread for Jacob. He was one of my favorite characters and I wish they didn't have to kill him off (I have my own theory as to why it was done, but I'm not going to share it). I loved the chemistry between him and Sam. As for my favorite Jacob moment... I really can't think of one, although I really liked the scene in Meridian where he came into the infirmary and gave Sam a hug. I thought it was really touching and a nice show of love and support for her, as she was so upset about her friend dying.

I met Carmen at ICON in March. He was really sweet. I have a con report and pics up on my site if anyone's interested in seeing them.

A warm and hearty 'Charmin' Carmen' welcome to you! Where's that report and the pics?

WhatFateAlmondRoca
July 17th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Here's a pic of me and Carmen from Shore Leave 28. He is such a sweet, funny, and genuine human being. And a paisan, might I add....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/sahmcarter/carmen.jpg

JessM
July 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM
A warm and hearty 'Charmin' Carmen' welcome to you! Where's that report and the pics?

Thank you very much! :) "Charmin' Carmen" ... I love it! :D

The report and pics are here (http://thesciencetwins.com/cons/icon06/index.html). Just a little warning, my site is a Sam/Daniel one and there's a teeny tiny mention about Carmen/Jacob's opinions on these two characters together. :o

Oh, yeah, and I look pretty awful in the pic I had taken with him... lol

JessM
July 17th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Here's a pic of me and Carmen from Shore Leave 28. He is such a sweet, funny, and genuine human being. And a paisan, might I add....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/sahmcarter/carmen.jpg

Very nice piccie! You both look great. :) I agree - he is very sweet and funny. It was great meeting him.

WhatFateAlmondRoca
July 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Thank you very much! :) "Charmin' Carmen" ... I love it! :D

The report and pics are here (http://thesciencetwins.com/cons/icon06/index.html). Just a little warning, my site is a Sam/Daniel one and there's a teeny tiny mention about Carmen/Jacob's opinions on these two characters together. :o

Oh, yeah, and I look pretty awful in the pic I had taken with him... lol

Charmin' Carmen - its from a friend on another list, not my invention but yes, its VERY catchy and most appropriate for our illustrious thread. Sam/Daniel, Sam/Jack, Sam/Thor, Sam/Ba'al (have I left anyone out) it doesn't matter. All supporters of Carmen Argenziano welcome! And no, you don't look awful. Great report and pics, thanks for sharing!

Seshat
July 17th, 2006, 05:38 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/sahmcarter/carmen.jpg Oh, he is such a sweetie! You lucky girl! ;):D

WhatFateAlmondRoca
July 17th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Oh, he is such a sweetie! You lucky girl! ;):D

Aww, thanks. I could have talked to him all day but didn't want to hog him all to myself.

<--is a goof;)

Seshat
July 17th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Aww, thanks. I could have talked to him all day but didn't want to hog him all to myself.

<--is a goof;) That's exactly how I felt, too. :o Smaller cons are fun because you get way more time to interact, but then you feel funny about monopolizing the actor's time, even if there aren't lots of (or any) other fans waiting.

(So says Seshat, who had been to exactly ONE big con and ONE little con and now sounds like a terrible know-it-all and talks about herself in the third person to boot. :p )

JessM
July 18th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Charmin' Carmen - its from a friend on another list, not my invention but yes, its VERY catchy and most appropriate for our illustrious thread. Sam/Daniel, Sam/Jack, Sam/Thor, Sam/Ba'al (have I left anyone out) it doesn't matter. All supporters of Carmen Argenziano welcome! And no, you don't look awful. Great report and pics, thanks for sharing!

Wherever its origin, I love it! :) You're welcome, and thanks, I'm glad you liked them! :)

Dani76
July 19th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Hi Guys,

I normally don't post here, even though I am a huge Jacob/CA fan myself. But I've got to agree with WFAR: Carmen is a wonderful, sweet, and very charming guy. It was such a pleasure meeting him at Shore Leave. He is very appreciative of his fans and you can feel it when you talk to him. What a great and funny guy.

Anyways, in case you are interested, I've uploaded some pictures of his appearance at Shore Leave here (http://www.tripgalleries.com/). Hope you enjoy.

WFAR - what a great pic. You are one lucky girl. By the time I got a chance to chat with Carmen, they were not allowing any pictures. But I am glad you were able to get one. Both of you look really great. Hope to see you sometime soon again, it was wonderful to finally meet you.

WhatFateAlmondRoca
August 8th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Hi Guys,

I normally don't post here, even though I am a huge Jacob/CA fan myself. But I've got to agree with WFAR: Carmen is a wonderful, sweet, and very charming guy. It was such a pleasure meeting him at Shore Leave. He is very appreciative of his fans and you can feel it when you talk to him. What a great and funny guy.

Anyways, in case you are interested, I've uploaded some pictures of his appearance at Shore Leave here (http://www.tripgalleries.com/). Hope you enjoy.

WFAR - what a great pic. You are one lucky girl. By the time I got a chance to chat with Carmen, they were not allowing any pictures. But I am glad you were able to get one. Both of you look really great. Hope to see you sometime soon again, it was wonderful to finally meet you.

Welcome to the thread, Dani - I hope you post here more often and help us keep the appreciation of our dear Carmen at the forefront.

WE LOVE CARMEN/JACOB! AU JACOB, please!!!!

Dani76
August 8th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the thread, Dani - I hope you post here more often and help us keep the appreciation of our dear Carmen at the forefront.

WE LOVE CARMEN/JACOB! AU JACOB, please!!!!
Thank you and :indeed:!

Episodes with Carmen/Jacob were always on my list of favorites. Just yesterday I watched Death Knell and I realized again how much I miss him. Episodes with him were always special. I can't quite put my fingure on it, but Carmen has a very unique presence that I was fortunate enough to experience myself at Shore Leave. And this presence shines through when he plays Carmen. I would so love to see Jacob again. Hey, it's scifi, anything is possible, right?!? :sam43:

WhatFateAlmondRoca
August 10th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Thank you and :indeed:!

Episodes with Carmen/Jacob were always on my list of favorites. Just yesterday I watched Death Knell and I realized again how much I miss him. Episodes with him were always special. I can't quite put my fingure on it, but Carmen has a very unique presence that I was fortunate enough to experience myself at Shore Leave. And this presence shines through when he plays Carmen. I would so love to see Jacob again. Hey, it's scifi, anything is possible, right?!? :sam43:

Yep, I watched Reckoning again and he's always so outstanding. The difference in facial expressions when he's Jacob as opposed to Selmak - it must take skill to be able to portray the difference. I also miss the onscreen interaction between Carmen and AT - they shine in one another's presence.

AGateFan
June 14th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Yay Jacob!!!

Just felt like saying that.

I am going to say Yay Frasier here too.... just because these guest characters ROCKED.

hlndncr
June 16th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I've decided to try and revive this thread. Really for my own amusement, but if anyone is interested in joining me, I'm happy for the company.

I'm on a focus on secondary characters kick right now, and Jacob is one of my all-time favorites. He added so much to the show. He gave Sam depth, and was a wonderful foil for Jack. He made the Tok'ra storyline possible. One of my few complaints is that I would have liked to see more exploration of the differences between Jacob and Selmak; she/he(?) doesn't come out to play very often. But it was interesting to see how Selmak influenced and changed Jacob.

Jacob is first introduced in season 2 and was in 25 episodes of SG1. I plan on rewatching and reviewing all 25. (Maybe about 1 a week if I can manage it). I'd welcome anyone else's thoughts and feedback as I go along.

Here's the list of Season 2 episodes so all who wish to may follow along:
Secrets
The Tok'ra Part 1
The Tok'ra Part 2
Show and Tell

I'll try and get a review of Secrets up in the next day or two.

hlndncr
June 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Secrets

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/PDVD_211.jpg

Summary:
Sam and Jack are in Washington to receive the Air Medal from the President, officially for their work in analyzing deep space radar telemetry, but really for blowing up Apophis's motherships and saving the world from the Gou'ald. General Hammond invites Sam's dad, Major General Jacob Carter to the ceremony, where he informs her that he has pulled some strings to get her into NASA. Sam is not thrilled with her father's interference and he becomes upset with her apparent lack of gratitude for doing what he thinks is helping her achieve her dream of going into space. When Colonel O'Neill witnesses the death of a reporter who has threatened to expose the Stargate program, the medal ceremony is cancelled. Sam's dad informs her that he has cancer and they part on bad terms.
(There is a second plot with Daniel and Teal'c on Abydos, but it has no bearing on Jacob's character, and so I'm not going to summarize or review it.)

Favorite Scene: Where Jack and Jacob meet for the first time. It's the beginning of a beautiful (if slightly antagonistic) friendship.

Favorite Lines:
:jack: I retired myself once; couldn't stay away.
Jacob: From deep space radar telemetry?
:jack: Well it's just so damned fascinating.

Generally:
This is a great introduction for Jacob's charater. We learn a lot about him. He's career Air Force and obviously very successful to become a two star general. He served with Hammond, and I believe they are friends. He is appearantly stationed in Washington, probably at the Pentagon, and is about to retire. He clearly has some very high connections and knows how to work them. However, they aren't high enough to know what his daughter is really doing, and I get the feeling that bothers him quite a bit. And of course, at the end we learn that he has cancer. All of this makes for a very interesting, multifaceted character right off the bat, and we just add more layers to him as the series moves forward, which is one of the reasons I love this character.

Jacob/Sam:
Jacob's relationship with his daughter is central to this episode's storyline and it's focus of keeping and revealing secrets, but it is also a major part of Sam's character development and growth. Adding this tense and complicated father/daughter dynamic was a brilliant move for Sam's character. It gives her so much more depth and interest. We can begin to see what has shaped and molded her into the officer and person she is up to this point.

CA and AT play their scenes so well that you can read so much into their relationship from just the tiny tip of the iceberg we actually see on screen. From Sam we see both surprise and apprehension the moment she realizes her father is there, and the unease carries throughout the episode. (We see her standing at military parade rest when she's with him; superior officer first, dad second.) When her father tells her about the strings he's pulled to get her into NASA you can see her desire to please him and live up to his vision for her, but at the same time a resentment that he just doesn't get her or the fact that she has a life of her own to live. And you can just tell that she's not the kind of person who wants any favors from her dad. She wants to know that she can make it on her own.

I think for Jacob he is obviously proud of his brilliant daughter, but he can't stop himself from pushing her. I think he's slightly resentful that he's out of the loop and the NASA gig is just his way of getting back in. I'm sure feeling so out of control with the cancer and what may happen next doesn't help because orchestrating Sam's life seems to be one way he's decided to take back some control and run things (like any good general should right?) You can tell that he's really not good with the emotional stuff. When the medal ceremony is cancelled he says Sam must be disappointed, but he's not willing to express his own disappointment. He also just dumps the cancer news on her, then closes up and walks away.

Jacob/Hammond:
We learn that Jacob and Hammond have served together and at least keep in touch enough for Hammond to feel comfortable making the invite to come see Sam get her medal. I think it is interesting because here and in The Tok'ra coming up, Hammond plays an intermediary between Jacob and Sam. He knows and respects both of them and brings a sort of caring outsider perspective to their relationship that eventually helps the two reconcile.

Jacob/Jack:
I love the dynamic between these two characters. Right from the beginning you can see this antagonistic, reluctant respect. I mean I think Jack starts off trying to be open and friendly (his usual flippant self) but that obviously doesn't fly and the stand-off begins. Jacob is clearly suspicious, not just of their cover story, but of the man who has clearly won his daughter's loyalty and respect. Interesting to see how alike these two really are (which has got to have Jacob worried). Both career soldiers with a tough exterior and (as we find out later about Jacob) a rather sarcastic sense of humor. Both have an alpha male self assuredness. And I think each in their own way, have a great deal of pride in Sama and want her approval and respect in turn. While I believe Jacob eventually develops a fondness for Jack, at first I really don't think he's too impressed with Sam's CO. And in terms of their little sparring match/staring contest, Jacob definitely wins as Jack (wisely) opts for a strategic retreat.

hlndncr
June 25th, 2010, 03:20 PM
The Tok'ra Part 1

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/PDVD_011.jpg

Summary:
Sam has a dream in which she believes she has seen the location of the Tok'ra base from Jolinar's memories. Believing they could become allies against the goa'uld she convinces her superiors to allow her team to go through the stargate to try and make contact. Before leaving she calls her father and tries to mend some fences, knowing that he is dying of cancer and he may not be there when she returns. While SG1 are off-world trying to negotiate an alliance with the Tok'ra, General Hammond receives a call from Jacob. He goes to the hospital, where Jacob tries once again to discover what kind of work Sam really does for the Air Force.

During their talks with the Tok'ra, SG1 is introduced to Selmak and her host Saroosh, who is over 200 years old and dying. Selmak will also die if another willing host cannot be found. Not suprisingly, no one on SG1 is anxious to volunteer. At the hospital, General Hammond is told that Jacob has very little time and he should get any family there right away. He sends SG3 to the Tok'ra planet to extract Carter and bring her home to say goodbye to her father. The Tok'ra, however, decide to reject earth's proposal of an alliance and take SG1 and SG3 prisoner.

Favorite Line:

Jacob: Tell me what my little girl's doing.

:hammond: . . . You know it's classified.

Jacob: . . . Who am I going to tell? God?

Generally:
We have a clear continuation of the relationships established in Secrets. Sam and Jacob continue to push against each other, even while you can tell they want to find a way to come together. Meanwhile, General Hammond continues to play the intermediary, trying to talk sense into both of them. And it is quite clear from the outset that the situation with Saroosh/Selmak is setting us up for Jacob to take a trip through the gate, which is a very nice pay off to the cancer storyline (but more about that in part 2).

Jacob and Hammond:
I have to point out here again that I believe Jacob and General Hammond have a very close friendship. When Sam asks if he knew her dad had taken an apartment in Colorado Springs, it comes as no surprise to Hammond. He states that he has known Jacob a long time, and he clearly knows his and his daughter's personalities (and stubborness) very well. When Jacob is in the hospital and needs to talk with someone, he calls his friend George. And I just love the naturalness of the friendship and interactions between these two. I can picture them as young men serving together, and spending time with one another's families.

Jacob and Sam:
Here we see Jacob trying to get closer to Sam by moving to Colorado Springs, but still unwilling to let her in completely by not letting her be there and support him in his illness. I think this just leaves Sam wondering if he really has any love or respect for her at all. He continues to push both Sam and George about what her real job is, and I think Sam takes offense at that. He won't let her in on his life, but he expects to know everything that is going on in hers. I also think she fears his disapproval. Hammond rightly points out that one thing Sam has clearly learned from her father is to be a good soldier and do her duty no matter the personal cost to herself or those she loves.

I also have to note that when SG3 comes to give her the news that her father is dying, she doesn't ask to go home or lets herself show any weakness. It's Jack who picks a fight with the Tok'ra to try and let her leave. Jack knows what it means to be a tough soldier, but he also has come to understand through sad experience what is really important. Something Jacob probably knows too, but has buried and has not tried to pass on to his daughter.

hlndncr
July 5th, 2010, 07:55 AM
The Tok'ra Part 2

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/PDVD_197.jpg

Summary:
Sam and Jack return to earth and propose to take Sam's dad, Jacob Carter, back as a potential host for the Tok'ra Selmak, whose current host, Saroosh is dying. General Hammond reluctantly agrees, and he and Sam go to the hospital where Jacob is dying of cancer to share the news about what his daughter actually does for the Air Force and how it might save his life, if he's willing to share that life (and his body) with a Tok'ra symbiote they still don't quite trust.

Jacob is thrown into the wacky alien filled world of SG1 with a vengence. After traveling through the stargate, Sam takes Jacob to meet his new potential soulmate, while the rest of the team helps with an emergency evacuation in the face of an impending goa'uld attack and Jack attempts to unmask the spy who betrayed them. After interviewing the host and being interviewed in turn by the symbiote, Jacob and Selmak agree to the blending. Sam and Martouf are left to watch over them as Selmak repairs Jacob's cancer-ridden body while the others escape through the gate.

After a successful blending Jacob/Selmak, Sam and Martouf dodge goa'uld death gliders and manage to dive through the gate back to earth, where Jacob informs General Hammond that, based on the knowledge he has gained from the blending, he made the right call. Jacob then volunteers to become the liason between earth and the Tok'ra. He says goodbye to his daughter and leaves to help the Tok'ra regroup from the attack.

Favorite Scene:
Selmak interviewing Jacob to determine whether she likes him.

Favorite Lines:
(Stepping out of the gate.)

Jacob: You do that a lot?

:sam:: Yeah, once or twice a week.

Jacob: It beats the hell out of a shuttle on the back of a rocket.

:jack:: Goes a lot further, too.

Generally:
This is such a great episode for Jacob, and he really is the A storyline. We see him go through so many different emotions and changes in temperament and character in such a short time. CA does an amazing job of showing us this range. He starts off the tough no nonsense general stoically facing his end, then becomes the overwhelmed and uncertain father--dying of cancer and depending on his daughter and these unknown aliens for a cure, and finally he is two people in one, with a whole new universe opened up to him.

Jacob/Sam:
One thing I love about CA’s performance is that he is able to show curiosity and wonder at seeing the gate for the first time, being led through the alien tunnels, meeting Teal’c, and so on. At the same time theirs this little touch of apprehension and confusion. Jacob is clearly not used to being out of control and looking to his daughter for guidance.

We can already see an evolution in Jacob and Sam’s relationship in this episode. When Sam comes to her father in the hospital he is his usual brusque self, not willing to show any weakness in front of his daughter. Then he is launched into this very alien (pardon the pun) situation and his walls begin to come down.

Before he accepts the blending he realizes this may be his final opportunity to really let Sam in. When he tries to open up emotionally, Sam initially reacts by backing away and giving him an out. You can see that she is not any more comfortable with confronting personal issues openly and honestly than is her father. But Jacob, like a soldier facing an enemy line, pushes forward. He is able to tell Sam that he is proud of her for who she is and not who he wishes her to be. We get the impression that this is the first time Sam has ever heard anything like this from Jacob and she’s not entirely sure how to react. Despite the strained relationship, Sam is realizing that this may very well be the last time she has her dad as himself.

Almost immediately after the blending there is already a softening in Jacob. When he first wakes he calls her Sammie (instead of Sam or my kid). And before leaving the SGC with the other Tok’ra he is able to smile and joke with Sam about being the oldest and the wisest, to which she rolls her eyes. He hugs Sam goodbye and even says “I love you.” It is in marked contrast with the cold and formal parting earlier in Secrets.

Jacob/Selmak:
Just as an aside, I have to begin by noting I really love Saroosh. She looks and sounds so much like my own grandmother who was one of my very best friends. The actress did a wonderful job of portraying two characters in one, and this is the only time we get a sense of who Selmak is apart from Jacob. Saroosh tells us that Selmak is selfless, caring, humorous, and well educated. We also learn that she has lived through some horrible times and seen many goa’uld atrocities. The two things Selmak is concerned about when she meets Jacob are his political views (with regard to goa’uld), showing her dedication to the Tok’ra cause, and his character (is he a good man?), which demonstrates her moral character. I think what endears Jacob to her is his blunt practicality. He points out that both of them will die if they don’t choose to blend so there is really no choice. I think in the end, the concern he shows for maintaining a relationship with his daughter also gives Selmak reason to like Jacob and choose to blend with him.

I would have liked to have seen more of an exploration of the differences between these two characters throughout the series. We get glimpses from time to time, but most often it is Jacob speaking. I don’t think Selmak as a character was developed and used to the fullest.

On a technical note, I think the CGI symbiote (Selmak) that entered Jacob looked too small and underdeveloped, more like the larval goa'uld than a full grown (and in fact very aged) symbiote. But that was a small thing to me, that I can easily overlook.

Jacob/Other:
We see a continuation of the friendship between Jacob and General Hammond. Hammond shows incredible trust in both Sam and Jacob in allowing Jacob to go through the Stargate and undertake this mission. In the end, Jacob tries to reassure his friend that he did the right thing.

I have always loved the interactions between Jacob and Jack. We see here Jack’s friendship with Sam influencing his actions. He wants to get her back to her father and he is willing to back her when she suggests her father might be a host to Selmak. Then when Jacob is brought to the gate that first time, he is very solicitous of Jacob. At the same time you can sense a little smugness in his attitude at being able to show Jacob what his daughter really does (how do you like them apples?). The teasing banter that becomes such an integral part of their relationship is not lost here. And at the end when Jacob says to Jack, “Don’t call us, we’ll call you,” it is clearly Jacob showing that he once again has the upper hand in their little rivalry.

Finally, we have the hints at a future friendship between Jacob and Martouf, as Martouf promises Sam he will look after her father as if he were his own. It is clear at this point that his promise is based on his fondness for Sam (or at least the part of Sam which carries the memories of Jolinar). While I’m sure he knows and respects Selmak, I don’t get the feeling that there was a strong personal connection between them before Jacob.

hlndncr
July 8th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Show and Tell
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/PDVD_266.jpg

Summary:
A genetically engineered child comes through the Stargate claiming to have a message from his "mother." He warns the SGC that a group of rebels from an invisible race called the Retu are out to destroy all potential hosts as a means of stopping the goa'uld who destroyed their world, and they are going to begin with earth. When our team discovers that Teal'c's symbiote can sense the presence of the Retu "mother" the Tok'ra are called in to assist. Jacob comes and brings a weapon, the TER, that can both detect and kill the Retu. The base is infiltrated by a rebel squad after a reconnaissance shows just how large the rebel faction has become. SG1, with Jacob's help is able to prevent the rebels from escaping the base and causing any real harm. Meanwhile the child is about to die because of mistakes resulting from the genetic manipulation required to allow him to act as an intermediary between humans and the Retu. Selmak offers to take him to the Tok'ra where he will become a host and live.

Favorite Scene:
I don't know that I have one. But when the team and Jacob are looking over the ridge and we see hundreds of Retu appear and disappear as they sweep the landscape with the TERs is pretty cool.

Favortie Line:
(Not a Jacob line, but just too good to resist.)
:hammond: Son, how did your mother do that?
Charlie: I am no longer called son. Call me Charlie.
(Hammond smiles indulgently.)

Generally:
This is the first time we see Jacob since his blending with Selmak, but not the first time we have had a visit from the Tok'ra since we first made contact with them. In Serpent's Song our team believes they have received a message from the Tok'ra, but when they go to investigate they discover an injured and dying Apophis who is fleeing from Sokar. Later Martouf comes through the gate and we learn a little about what Jacob is doing. Sam is told her father couldn't come to earth at that time because he was tending to "more urgent matters," again emphasizing the importance of Selmak. Martouf also suggests that he has spent some time getting to know Jacob and learn more about the Tau'ri and he expresses his admiration; although Lantash's reaction makes me wonder whether he feels the same. One key point at the end of that episode is they exchange communication devices (a tollan device from Tok'ra and a GDO from the the SGC), which plays a role in this episode and shows how Jacob's association with the Tok'ra is in some way helping to advance the earth/Tok'ra alliance.

Jacob:
We get a different look at Jacob in this episode. He is acting very much the soldier and the general. You can see in his competance and command of the situation that it was no accident that he rose to the rank he did. He is also clearly in the liason role here as well. The information he conveys during the briefing scenes clearly comes from Selmak, but Jacob is the one doing the talking.

We also see his relationship with Sam from an interesting new perspective. This is the first time they are working together on a joint mission, first to recon the Retu rebel staging planet and then to track down and destroy the infiltrators. They are very much all business and work well together. Although she does show concern and hesitate when Jacob is shot, and Selmak has to take over and order her to go on with the mission. I think in turn Jacob demonstrates pride in seeing his daughter at her kick-a$$ best.

The progression in their personal relationship is also evident. When Jacob first comes through the wormhole and Sam immediately asks for Selmak's help he shows some defensiveness with her (I thought maybe you just wanted to see your old man) and Hammond (Nice to see you too, George). While it is coached as playful banter, perhaps Jacob has an underlying concern that he is no longer sufficiently important to the people he cares about, except as a host to Selmak. I wouldn't go so far as to say he resents Selmak, but there might be some slight anxiety about his place now. By the end Jacob is very much reassured and we see both friendly and tender moments as he says goodby for now to his daughter and friends; Sam even gives him a little wink as she sends him off.

Selmak:
We do get some insight into Selmak's character in this episode. First, it is notable that she (I'm calling Slemak she because I felt that when they started using the male pronoun they took away one of the most interesting ascpects of this character--that she had previously inhabited a female host for at least 200 years) did allow Jacob to take the lead for the most part; even though it is clear that she definitely commands some authority and a great deal of respect among the Tok'ra. However, when she was in control she was very much a presence. When she is faced with new information and challenges she is able to assess the situations and formulate a plan of action very quickly, including: ordering the other Tok'ra to return and fetch TERs, doing recon on the planet, ordering Sam to go after Jacob has been injured, and offering to take Charlie to become a host. In fact, I think Selmak's offer to take Charlie with her is very telling about her character. She herself had said that she had seen awful things and faced much loss. She was quick to offer help that would prevent Charlie's death. It was not only compassionate (which I believe was definitely her primary motivation), but a further cementing of the alliance, as the need for hosts played a big role in the Tok'ra's willingness to consider the arrangement in the first place. She further demonstrates her compassion and concern when she admonishes Teal'c to be vigilent.

Trivia:
We really know nothing about Sam's mother at this point, but it is notable that Jacob is still wearing his wedding ring.

hlndncr
July 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM
It's time to move on to looking at Jacob/Selmak in season 3.

Here are the episodes:
Seth
Jolinar’s Memories
The Devil You Know
Tangent
The Serpent’s Venom

I will be putting up a review of Seth shortly.

hlndncr
July 19th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Seth

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/PDVD_093-1.jpg

Summary
Jacob is sent by the Tok'ra high counsel to ask the SGC to help them locate Seth, a banished goa'uld System Lord who may have been hiding out on earth for thousands of years. Sam discovers that Selmak has an alterior motive for coming, she wants Jacob to resolve the lingering issues with his estranged son, Mark.

When Daniel tracks down a cult leader who may be their snakehead, SG1 with Jacob goes to try and root him out. They come across a father who's son, Tommy, has been sucked into the cult, and feels guilty that the rift in their relationship may have contributed to his son's entanglement.

With some help from the President, Jack is given command of the ATF operation and Sam devises a way for the team to infiltrate the compound. When their ruse is discovered, they begin evacuating initiates with Tommy's help, who they have discovered and freed from Seth's mind control. Jacob/Selmak go in to provide back up and try to take down Seth. When Jacob is injured Sam is forced to take the goa'uld hand device and engage Seth. After a brief duel, Sam crushes him to death.

Later Sam and Jacob go to Mark's house and begin the process of reconciliation.

Favorite Scene
Jacob and Jack meet with ATF agent Hamner in the command tent.

Favorite Line

Hamner: You have a rather insubordinate subordinate, General.

Jacob: He's not insubordinate to me. Only to people such as yourself. Saves me the trouble.

Generally
This is the first Jacob/Selmak on a mission with the team episode. We did see them go on a short recon mission together in Show and Tell, but here the Tok'ra have sent Jacob to deal witha problem and he has recruited SG1 to assist him.

The focus of this episode really is Jacob and his relationships with SG1, his son, and Selmak. We get a lot of interesting insights into many facets of his character.

Jacob and the Team
I really think Jacob's incorporation into the team is a highlight of this episode, and we see it right from the start. When Jacob comes through the gate at the beginning of the episode he greets every member of the team personally. We haven't seen that before. Up until now when Jacob arrives he greets Sam and usually has a few words for Hammond (the people he has a long standing relationship with). But I think, especially after his last experiences working with them fighting the Retu, he's started to see each member of SG1 as someone he respects and would consider a friend.

As the episode goes on and we see Jacob hanging out in Daniel's office with the team, listening to Jaffa jokes, and strategizing together in the field it seems the team has taken Jacob in as one of theirs too. There's some great camraderie between them, especially the scene with Teal'c and Jacob in the command tent when they discuss the issue of loving one's children (a beautiful scene IMO).

And I can't mention Jacob's relationship with the team without highlighting the Jacob/Jack dymanic because I just love these two together. Jack is clearly in charge, and Jacob understands that, but Hamner doesn't. Jacob handles it very well by defering to Jack and backing him up. You also get a bit of Jacob's snark, so similar to Jack. I can't help but see a number of layers in Jacob's remark about Jack not being insuboridinate to him. On a litteral level that statement is absolutely true. Jacob is retired and there as a Tok'ra representative. Jack is not his subordinate. And up to this point, Jack's been pretty respectful to Jacob. We see that change as they become closer. In fact, just a few scenes later Jack actually calls Jacob "Dad" to his face. (While he does continue to call him that when talking to Sam, I don't think he ever says it directly to Jacob again.) Interestingly, it doesn't phase Jacob a bit. I've always considered that Jacob believes (and probably rightly so) that he'll always have the upper hand when it comes to Jack (be it because of Jack's feelings for Sam, Jacob's superior experience and wisdom, or just his understanding into Jack's character, which is fairly similar to his own).

Jacob and Selmak
Once again we see a little of Selmak's forceful character and the effect she has on Jacob. And I think it's the only time we get to directly see into the relationship the two of them share. When Selmak says Jacob's unresolved issues with Mark are beginning to irritate her, you have to wonder how that can be. I don't see Jacob actually "conversing" with Selmak about it. But, of course, she is inside his head. So he must dwell on Mark and their issues with some frequency, and it must really bug Jacob that she knows that. He's spent his life repressing his emotions and hiding from his true feelings, and now he has someone he can't hide it from, and then she has the audacity to tell his daughter.

When he denies what Selmak says about the hurt he felt when Mark wouldn't see him on his deathbed it is obvious to Sam (as it certainly should be) that he is not fooling anyone. Yet he continues to lie to himself (and Sam), probably because 1) he's never been forced to confront these emotions fully and truthfully before and Selmak won't back down, and 2) he doesn't know exactly what to do about the situation, and doesn't like being put in a situation he can't control.

For I think the only time, we see some tension between Jacob and Selmak. He says she is the one who requested the mission from Garshaw. And he says she is pushing him to mend fences. And he is clearly pushing back, by showing his unwillingness to do so. But of course Selmak wins the point in the end.

Jacob and His Family
First I'll start with Jacob's relationship with Sam. They have clearly reached a much more comfortable place, but he is still not at ease talking with her openly about his feelings and the past. While the rift between him and Sam was never as great as it appears to be with Mark, Sam continues to suffer some of the effects of that estrangement because her brother has also chosen to shut her out (and it sounds like Sam may harbor some of her own resentment towards Mark for his actions).

In the tunnels under Seth's compound we get something of a replay from the scene in Show and Tell where Jacob is shot and Sam must leave him and face their enemy alone. The first time, Sam was reluctant to leave because of her concern for her father, and she had to be ordered away by Selmak. This time, her reluctance has to do with her own abilities to work the hand device. After Selmak reassures her on this front she is able to leave her father without additional prompting. It shows the trust that she has developed in Selmak.

I like that the final scene in front of Mark's house begins with Jacob and Sam sharing a long hug. It shows that the two of them have come to value and need one another's support, something Jacob certainly wouldn't have accepted before his blending with Selmak. It also says to me that they don't know what will happen with Mark, but no matter how it goes, they will have one another.

We don't hear much directly about Jacob's relationship with Mark except that there is a pretty severe rift. He refused to even take Sam's calls when Jacob was dying. While Sam says she hasn't seen Mark since his kids were born she does have his contact information, and mentions the children in Cold Lazarus (saying she misses them and doesn't get to see them nearly enough). What we do have is the relationship between Mr. Levinson and his son Tommy that is clearly used as a stand in for Jacob and Mark's relationship. Listening to Levinson talk about how he grew apart from his son and his own regrets clearly register with Jacob. But I think the real game changer was the wisdom Teal'c imparts.

:tealc: Many things are complicated, General Carter. In Jaffa society, loving one's children is not one of them.

And while Jacob comes back with the response that for humans sometimes it is; I'm not sure he really believes that. This prompts him to take that first step, to open himself up, both literally and figuratively, to his son at the end.

hlndncr
August 3rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Jolinar's Memories
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/PDVD_002.jpg

Summary
Martouf and SG1 go to Netu, Sokar's very own, custom-made hell, to rescue Jacob and get vital intel that could prevent Sokar from wiping out the System Lords and becoming the supreme ruler of the galaxy. But the only escape from this inescapable prison is buried inside the memories left in Sam's mind when Jolinar died. When the team thinks they've found the means of escape, they are confronted with an old enemy returned to life—Apophis.

Favorite Scene
In the control room when Hammond tells Sam she will bring her father back and Jack jumps in and says, "Yes, Sir. We will."

Favorite Line
:jack: By all means. To hell with us.

Generally
Jacob doesn't actually come on the scene until near the end of the episode, and he hasn't much to say, but his predicament is the reason for the mission. And from it, we get a small peek at the work Jacob/Selmak do undercover, and a look at how the team has come to feel about Jacob. They are willing to put their lives on the line and do whatever it takes to bring him home. Yes, they are motivated by their relationship with Sam, but I think each member of the team has a genuine fondness for Jacob as well, and in many ways they consider him a fifth member of SG1. Jack and Hammond are just as determined to get Jacob back as Sam is, and later we see Daniel helping to care for him and Sam entrusting him to Jack’s care when she goes to confront Bynar.

I also have to note that Jacob has had it pretty bad for the last few episodes. So far he’s been hit in the shoulder by a Retu weapon and knocked around by a goa’uld hand device, and now tortured by Sokar so badly that Selmak is dying.

Jacob/Selmak and the Tok’ra
We see here just how influential Selmak must be because the mission Jacob/Selmak has been given is so vital. It appears that they have been sent to infiltrate Sokar’s court because Jacob says that he saw Bynar there to report to Sokar four days before. We don’t know how long they were undercover or how they were discovered and captured. But considering the short amount of time he has been on it make me wonder what other operatives the Tok’ra may have had nearby to have discovered his capture and mount a rescue mission so quickly. Yet, they still weren’t in a position to have knowledge of the extent of Sokar’s fleet and battle plans, which Jacob discovered and needed to report. In fact, the first thing he does when discovered by Martouf and the team is share his intel, like the true soldier he is. When it looks like he maybe too weak to escape with the team, he wants them to leave him because he knows the intelligence he’s passed on is far more important than his life. This is another sign of the type of soldier he is; the mission comes first.

We also see evidence that Martouf has kept his word to Sam and is watching out for her father. He is the one leading the rescue mission and he comes prepared with medicines that will aid Jacob/Selmak. It is clear that he is strongly motivated by his duty to the Tok'ra to get the information and pass it along, and there is the personal stake he has in understanding Jolinar's actions, but I also think he shows a great care and regard for Jacob here, which I think is partly motivated by his regard for Sam.

Jacob’s Past
We get a little tiny glimpse into Jacob’s past when Sam is trying to access Jolinar’s memories on the cargo ship and we see the day her mother dies. This scene isn’t fully explained or the implications of this event explored until the next episode, but I’m going to jump ahead here a little. At this point we don’t know the circumstances of the death of Sam’s mother, but we do see Jacob crying when he comes in and has to tell Sam about her mother’s death. We know Jacob is not one to show his emotions. The fact that he is crying demonstrates the deep bond he must have had with his wife. (And we know from the final scene in Show and Tell that he continues to wear his wedding ring many years after his wife’s death.)

Now I’m going to go into a little unwarranted (well, at least not strongly justified) speculation. When the team is first thrown into the pit and Jacob here’s them he calls out. It’s hard to make out what he says. The transcript I’ve read indicates that he repeats Sam’s name. But that’s not what I heard. I heard, “Theia.” Now step into the looking glass with me for just a moment. We never learn the name of Sam’s mother, or what she looks like, or much of anything about her at all except that she died when Sam was a teenager. What if her name were Theia? Jacob is delirious and half-dead. He hears a voice that reminds him of his wife, assuming Sam looks and sounds a lot like her mother, and he calls for her. I just really like that idea. It’s a bit of a stretch, I know, but it creates such lovely possibilities in my imagination.

hlndncr
August 12th, 2010, 10:04 AM
The Devil You Know

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/PDVD_124-1.jpg

Summary
Apophis tortures the team for information and pleasure, while Jacob continues to fail. Sam is given a narcotic and has the memory device used against her. While in this drug induced state, she remembers a conversation with her father just after her mother’s death, and realizes it is a pivotal point in her life that has lead her and her father to this place. When the Tok’ra take action to destroy Netu, the team is able to use the chaos and destruction to assist in and cover their escape, with the help of some fancy flying by Teal’c.

Generally
We really don’t see much of Jacob in this episode. In the present, he is basically out of it. He is cared for by Sam and the team and carried to safety. We do get a little insight into what really matters to him. And it provides an interesting counter point to Sam’s memories of her father at the time of her mother’s death.
When it looks like there is no escape, Jacob wants to tell Sam goodbye, but she won’t allow it. She reminds him of his grandchildren and begs him not to leave her to explain his death to them. This is enough to strengthen his resolve and get him through the next several hours or days as they wait for rescue or an opportunity to escape.

When they finally do get back onto the cargo ship, Jacob suggests a father daughter vacation. I think this is significant because after such a close brush with death, Jacob realizes it was Sam and the thought of his family on earth that pulled him through. He has said that his family was the most important thing in his life (his life is over without Sam and her brother), but really for the first time he’s acting on it. This shows how much he’s changed and grown as a parent.

Jacob’s Past
It is hard to know how much of the memory we see of Sam and Jacob’s past is genuine. It is influenced by Sam’s experience and perceptions, and subject to Apophis’s manipulations, but I shall take as much of it as possible on face value.

So we see pictures of Sam’s mother, and we see that Sam does take after her in appearance. We also learn how she dies and where Mark’s animosity comes from. Her mother was in a car accident when she was forced to take a cab because Jacob was late picking her up. It is never said explicitly, but presumably Jacob was held up at work. Mark blamed Jacob and likely also the military. It seems Sam did at first too, although she came to forgive her father and chose to join the military herself.

It is interesting that Jacob says he doesn’t want to see what was most important to his wife die with her, but their family (certainly the most important thing) did break apart from this point. Sam’s decision to join the military may not have been solely a means to gain approval from her father, but a way to hold on to her mother as well by trying to hold the family together with this bond she and her father could have in common.

As to Sam’s feelings toward her father, she may have forgiven him but I think she persisted in the notion that his work was more important to him. That may be why she tried to reach him through his work. And while he told her she and Mark were the most important things in his life; he certainly did not always act like it.

You can also see how lost Sam was after the death of her mother. It is hard for a girl to lose her mother at anytime, but during the teenage years would be most especially painful. Jacob probably recognized how inadequate he was to the task of raising Sam alone, but did not really know what to do about it. It certainly left Sam very confused about how to handle relationships later in life.

hlndncr
August 29th, 2010, 02:29 PM
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/hlndncr/PDVD_005-1-1.jpg

Summary
Jack and Teal’c are trapped in a modified death glider with a hidden recall device that has taken control of the craft, punishment for betraying Apophis. When all options for getting themselves safely home are exhausted, Sam and Daniel undertake a dangerous mission to find an undercover Tok’ra operative who may be able to help them rescue them before Jack and Teal’c die in the cold emptiness of space. The Tok’ra turns out to be Jacob who pushes his cargo ship to its limits in the race to save their friends. Despite a few close calls and tense moments, they are able to reach Jack and Teal’c and ring them aboard the ship before it is too late.

Favorite Scene
Daniel claims to be the great and powerful Oz.

Favorite Lines
:jack: Hey…Jacob…Thanks for stopping by!

Jacob: What the hell? I was in the neighborhood! Ya need a lift home?

Generally
It’s been sometime since we’ve seen Jacob. Almost a full year episode wise, although it’s impossible to tell how long it has been in show time (especially after the WoO time loop that lasted for at least 3 months). We have no idea what Jacob has been doing in the interim. He likely took some time to recover from his imprisonment on Netu. After that, it appears that he went back to the type of undercover, Tok’ra operations to undermine the stability and powerbase of the goa’uld, which is what Sam and Daniel find him doing here.

There are two roles Jacob has that receive some attention in this episode. First, Jacob as Tok’ra, and second, Jacob as Dad—not just to Sam, but all of SG1.

Jacob as Tok’ra
Selmak doesn’t come out to play much in this episode, but everything about Jacob tells us that she and her knowledge and experience are there, coloring his actions and demonstrating how much a part of him she has really become. For one thing, Jacob didn’t appear to balk at Selmak’s admission that the Tok’ra held back their knowledge of the recall device. When Jacob lectures Sam and Daniel about the wisdom (or lack thereof) in retrofitting a death glider he allies himself as one of the Tok’ra. It’s not that he’s relinquished his allegiance or ties to earth; he’s just repositioned himself because of his blending and experiences in the last couple of years. He sees both sides and he doesn’t really have his feet firmly planted in either camp (although right now he’s definitely more on the Tok’ra side of the line), which will later come back to haunt him.

The other thing we learn about his life as a Tok’ra is that it continues to be dangerous. He is undercover and about to blow up a planet essentially. Not exactly a calm and easy retirement.

Jacob as Dad
As I mentioned earlier, in this episode Jacob is very much like the Dad of SG1. They get into trouble and come to a point where they realize they can’t handle it themselves and they need help. I don’t think Sam thought of it as coming to Dad when she was in over her head, but that’s very much how it plays out. The scene in the cargo ship where Jacob rings in Sam and Daniel looks a lot like Sam and her friend coming to Dad to help them get their other friends out of a jam because they couldn’t handle the adult consequences of their choices, at least that’s how Jacob appears to see it. He yells at them like they are kids who disobeyed his warnings and now he needs to bail them out. He does, however, change gears quickly and makes no qualms about going to Jack and Teal’c’s rescue when he learns of the seriousness of the situation. He’s just as anxious to save them as Sam and Daniel because they are his kids too in a way.

I think part of what is motivating Jacob’s reaction (dressing down Sam and Daniel, lecturing them, etc.) is a genuine worry, both for Jack and Teal’c in this instance and for the Sam and the rest of SG1 in general because he knows what they do is dangerous and something like this or worse going wrong is always a possibility. Parents often get mad at their children when they are scared for them.

His relationship with Sam here feels a little bit like a throwback to earlier times. He’s lecturing her and trying to show her that he knows best. She’s chaffing against the accusations and implications. When we’ve seen joint operations between Jacob and SG1 before he’s shown some deference to Jack, but with Sam he’s the General and he considers himself in charge. I think in particular she is a little peeved about his superior attitude given that she introduced him to the wider universe, and, Selmak’s experiences notwithstanding, she’s actually the more experienced of the two.

In the end Jacob demonstrates ingenuity, quick thinking and even some longsuffering with Daniel and his not so convincing act as “the great and powerful OZ.” When Jack and Teal’c are brought safely aboard the cargo ship he is very gentle and kind with them, shaking Teal’c hand and patting Jack on the shoulder, which I think shows something of the depth of affection he’s developed for his daughter’s merry band of galactic explorers. And Jack even puts aside his usual irreverence and calls Jacob “Sir” when thanking him. To me that scene is really something of a family reunion.

hlndncr
November 8th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Watching Castle tonight. Carmen is on. It's nice to see him.

Hathor_girl
February 28th, 2013, 12:57 AM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/brydsoe/tokra/tokra_kree/pimp-buttons/tokra_kree18.png

Tok'ra Kree! (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org) - a Stargate challenge for Tok'ra-centric fanworks. Fic, art, and videoes welcome, as long as the focus is on the Tok'ra. Fanwork can be gen or any pairings. Any rating, any category - including crossovers. First round starting March 1st.

Theme for Round One: Re-imagine an episode that has Tok'ra in it. What could have been done differently?

Sign-ups and more information (DW): http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/4141.html
Sign-ups and more information (LJ): http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/4657.html

If you don't have a DW or LJ account, and don't want to create one, you can participate with OpenID (http://openid.net/get-an-openid/).

Timeline:

Sign-ups: March 1st - March 29th
Deadline for fanworks: April 5th
Posting: April 5th - April 7th

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
March 2nd, 2013, 09:50 PM
i was reading a threads-related fic and it made me wonder if George Hammond ever came from washington to see Jacob on his death bed. i mean through the series it was hinted that they were very good friends (and maybe even the best of friends) and even though it was off-screen i would've still would've liked to have seen one last hammond/jacob scene just for old times sake.

LtKatia
March 3rd, 2013, 06:34 AM
You're right. I didn't think of that, but it's strange Hammond didn't come to visit.

AmberLM
March 3rd, 2013, 02:16 PM
You're right. I didn't think of that, but it's strange Hammond didn't come to visit.

I would suspect it's because of Don's health/unavailability. I think he left the series partly because his health was not great. Great man, sorely missed.

Ikorni
March 5th, 2013, 04:42 AM
I would suspect it's because of Don's health/unavailability. I think he left the series partly because his health was not great. Great man, sorely missed.

That I can agree. Big, big loss to Stargate.

GeneralSelmak
March 21st, 2013, 05:46 AM
Never saw there was a thread to Jacob/Selmak and Carmen Argenziano before! Yay! My fave character!

AmberLM
March 21st, 2013, 08:42 AM
Never saw there was a thread to Jacob/Selmak and Carmen Argenziano before! Yay! My fave character!

I'd never have guessed by your name/avatar :p He is fantastic, he's one of my favourite minor characters

Hathor_girl
March 22nd, 2013, 06:24 AM
REMINDER!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/brydsoe/tokra/tokra_kree/pimp-buttons/tokra_kree18.png

Tok’ra Kree! - a Stargate challenge for Tok’ra-centric fanworks. Fic, art, and videoes welcome, as long as the focus is on the Tok’ra. Fanwork can be gen or any pairings. Any rating, any category - including crossovers. First round started March 1st.

Theme for Round One: Re-imagine an episode that has Tok’ra in it. What could have been done differently?

Sign-ups and more information (DW): http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/4141.html

Sign-ups and more information (LJ): http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/4657.html

If you don’t have a DW or LJ account, and don’t want to create one, you can participate with OpenID (http://openid.net/get-an-openid/). You can make anonymous comments on the posts.

You still have time to sign up and participate.

-Fics only have to be 500 words or more!
-Art could be:
--1 banner, which should be at least: 500x150.
--1 large piece of art, at least 600x400.
--1 picspam containing at least 20 pics.
--1 iconset or gifset, containing at least 5 icons/gifs.
--1 comic, which should be finished/have a finished story.

See the rules (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/1879.html) for more information of requirements for various types of fanworks.

Timeline:

Sign-ups: March 1st - March 29th
Deadline for fanworks: April 5th
Posting: April 5th - April 7th

AmberLM
April 2nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Just watching a rerun of House with Carmen as a med student, he's ace!

LtKatia
April 10th, 2013, 01:06 PM
What is House (yes, I live under a rock)

AmberLM
April 12th, 2013, 09:05 AM
What is House (yes, I live under a rock)

House was a US medical drama starring Hugh Laurie in which he plays a brilliant but cranky Diagnostician with a fondness for figuring out unusual or weird diseases in patients. It's set in Princeton Plainsboro teaching hospital in the North East USA and, because it's a teaching hospital, House has a team of Med students who help him with his cases. In one of the seasons (4th maybe?), Dr House's first team all leave so he takes a class full of med students and cuts them one by one as each medical case progresses until he has a team of 3 left.

Carmen plays one of the med students (his age is explained and it's a fantastic explanation but I don't want to spoil it in case you ever watch it - and if you haven't watched it, you should it's fantastic!).

Hathor_girl
April 12th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Amnesty posting is still going on for tokra_kree:

DW: http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/6764.html
LJ: http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/7412.html

They also have a poll up, asking for input on length of each round, and if there is something people would like to see done differently.

DW: http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/7118.html
LJ: http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/7898.html

You need either DW/LJ id, or openid to vote, but anyone can comment on the post, even anonymously - and I'm sure they'll at least read all the comments, so go ahead, even if you don't have an account there! That is, if you're at all interested in Tok'ra related fanworks, of course :)

LtKatia
April 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Amnesty posting is still going on for tokra_kree:

DW: http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/6764.html
LJ: http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/7412.html

They also have a poll up, asking for input on length of each round, and if there is something people would like to see done differently.

DW: http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/7118.html
LJ: http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/7898.html

You need either DW/LJ id, or openid to vote, but anyone can comment on the post, even anonymously - and I'm sure they'll at least read all the comments, so go ahead, even if you don't have an account there! That is, if you're at all interested in Tok'ra related fanworks, of course :)

Ah, I need to go vote on length of rounds - could have used more time!

AmberLM
April 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
My bf has been trying to get me to pay attention to the film he's watching with John Travolta and Christian Slater about the USAF. If he'd told me from the start Carmen was in it I might have paid a bit more attention from the start lol!

roque872002
April 15th, 2013, 12:04 PM
My bf has been trying to get me to pay attention to the film he's watching with John Travolta and Christian Slater about the USAF. If he'd told me from the start Carmen was in it I might have paid a bit more attention from the start lol!

What film is that? I love how he's in Angels and Demons too. I'll need to rewatch that again soon!

AmberLM
April 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM
What film is that? I love how he's in Angels and Demons too. I'll need to rewatch that again soon!

Broken Arrow. He only has a cameo.

roque872002
April 15th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Broken Arrow. He only has a cameo.

Hmm, still, may need to check it out one day...

Hathor_girl
May 2nd, 2013, 03:39 AM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/brydsoe/tokra/tokra_kree/banners/signups/tokra_kree_signups9.png

Tok'ra Kree! - a Stargate challenge for Tok'ra-centric fanworks. Fic, art, and videoes welcome, as long as the focus is on the Tok'ra. Fanwork can be gen or any pairings. Any rating, any category - including crossovers/fusions.

Theme for Round Two: Rewrite an episode (SG-1, SGA, or SGU) to include Tok'ra.

Sign-ups and more information: DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/8079.html) | LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/8899.html).

Timeline
Sign-ups: April 29th - June 15th.
Deadline for fanworks: June 29th (Sat).
Posting: June 30th - July 2nd.

RingThing
May 3rd, 2013, 03:44 AM

Hathor_girl
May 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Where is the pic from?

Hathor_girl
June 4th, 2013, 04:26 AM
REMINDER! Tok'ra Kree! Fanwork Challenge, Round Two

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/brydsoe/tokra/tokra_kree/banners/reminder/tokra_kree_reminder11.png

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 11 days left to sign up ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Tok'ra Kree! - a Stargate challenge for Tok'ra-centric fanworks. Fic, art, and videoes welcome, as long as the focus is on the Tok'ra. Fanwork can be gen or any pairings. Any rating, any category - including crossovers/fusions.

Theme for Round Two: Rewrite an episode (SG-1, SGA, or SGU) to include Tok'ra.

Fics just needs to be 500 words or more!

Sign-ups and more information:
DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/8079.html)
LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/8899.html)

Discussion and help post:
DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/8560.html)
LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/9458.html)

Check-in / drop-out post:
DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/8721.html)
LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/9611.html)

Timeline
Sign-ups: April 29th - June 15th.
Deadline for fanworks: June 29th (Sat).
Posting: June 30th - July 2nd.

Hathor_girl
June 15th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Tok'ra Kree! Round Two. LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/brydsoe/tokra/tokra_kree/banners/reminder/tokra_kree_reminder11.png

Today is the last day to sign-up for Tok'ra Kree! Round Two. Theme for this round: "Rewrite an episode of SG-1, SGA, or SGU to include Tok'ra".

Sign-up post: DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/8079.html) / LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/8899.html)
Discussion and help post: DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/8560.html) / LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/9458.html)

Timeline, round two:
1. Sign-ups: April 29th - June 15th.
2. Drop-out deadline: June 22nd.
3. Deadline for fic/artwork: June 29th.
4. Posting: June 30th - July 2nd.

Rules & Information, FAQ, lists of canon Tok'ra, and more, can be found in the information post (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/1171.html).

Happy writing/creating!

Hathor_girl
July 9th, 2013, 03:23 AM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/brydsoe/tokra/tokra_kree/pimp-buttons/tokra_kree8.png

Tok'ra Kree! (http://tokra_kree.livejournal.com/) Round Two - Posting closed. Amnesty posting started.

The posting period has now ended for round two.

Theme was: Rewrite an episode of SG-1, SGA, or SGU to include Tok'ra.

Only three out of the six that were signed up have posted (and one has since posted during amnesty). If you have almost finished your fanwork, you have another chance to post, during the amnesty period.

Amnesty period will run July 3rd - July 17th.

Posting instructions can be found here: tokra-kree.livejournal.com/10299.html (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/10299.html)

Fics posted until now:

Title: Meetings
Author: Hathor_girl
Characters: Sam, Daniel, Martouf/Lantash, Jack, Teal'c, Freya/Anise, others
Pairings: None, some minor Sam/Martouf/Lantash UST perhaps
Category: Drama
Summary: How would things change if a couple Tok'ra joined SG-1 and the other SG members when they went to the planet where the Unas and symbiotes come from?
Episode:The First Ones

DW (http://hathor-girl.dreamwidth.org/32614.html) | LJ: 1/2 (http://hathor-girl.livejournal.com/37885.html) 2/2 (http://hathor-girl.livejournal.com/37956.html) | Symbiotica (http://tokra.fandomnet.com/viewstory.php?sid=478) | AO3 (http://archiveofourown.org/works/864532)

Title: Not Demons
Author: Ringthing
Characters: SG-1, Martouf/Lantash
Rating: PG-13
Summary: SG-1 and Martouf/Lantash go to the planet in Demons and things go a bit different since Martouf/Lantash are there.
Episode: Demons

LJ (http://ringthing.livejournal.com/4700.html) | Symbiotica (http://tokra.fandomnet.com/viewstory.php?sid=479)

Title: Confusion
Author: LtKatia
Characters: SG-1, Martouf/Lantash
Rating: PG
Pairing: Minor Sam/Martouf/Lantash, minor past Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
Summary: What if SG-1 had met Martouf/Lantash during the episode "Need"?
Episode: Need

AO3 (http://archiveofourown.org/works/867287) | Symbiotica (http://tokra.fandomnet.com/viewstory.php?sid=480) | LJ (http://ltkatia.livejournal.com/4937.html) | DW (http://ltkatia.dreamwidth.org/2072.html)

Title: Twisted Realities
Author: Roeskva
Characters: SG-1, OC Tok'ra, others
Pairings: None
Summary: A Tok'ra accompanies SG-1 back in time to ancient Egypt, and his presence changes things - and not just by accident.
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor violence, minor character death
Episode: Moebius I & II. Some dialogue lifted. Major events of the episode is briefly mentioned/summarized, but it is probably best if you have seen the episodes Moebius I & II.

AO3 (http://archiveofourown.org/works/875545) | Symbiotica (http://www.tokra.fandomnet.com/viewstory.php?sid=481) | LJ (http://roeskva.livejournal.com/127463.html) | DW (http://roeskva.dreamwidth.org/107351.html) | FFN (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9470886/1/Twisted-Realities)

Hathor_girl
September 9th, 2013, 03:28 AM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/brydsoe/tokra/tokra_kree/banners/signups/tokra_kree_signups17.png

Theme for Round Three: Save Egeria and/or get the Tok'ra a new queen.

Sign-ups and more information: DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/12155.html) | LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/13370.html).

Timeline
Sign-ups: September 7th - October 25th
Deadline for fanworks: November 7th

We would be grateful if you would promote the challenge in relevant places!

Hathor_girl
November 1st, 2013, 03:59 AM

Tok'ra Kree! Round 4. PROMPTING IS NOW OPEN!

The Tok'ra Kree! challenge was recently changed to a prompt-a-thon.

We now welcome you to the next round! It is time to leave prompts! Please spread the word! We want as many prompts as possible :)

Prompting is open Nov. 1st and through Nov. 8th. Anyone is welcome to leave Tok'ra related prompts - whether you wish to create any fanworks for this round, or not. Leaving multiple prompts is encouraged!

Anonymous prompting is possible and welcome!

Go here to leave prompts:

LiveJournal (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/14906.html) | DreamWidth (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/13759.html)

Hathor_girl
November 10th, 2013, 07:37 AM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/brydsoe/tokra/tokra_kree/pimp-buttons/tokra_kree8.png

Tok'ra Kree! is a Stargate challenge for Tok'ra-related fanworks. Fic, art, and videoes welcome, as long as they are Tok'ra-related (meaning the Tok'ra has to play a bigger role than just providing intel/tech). Fanwork can be gen or any pairings. Any rating, any category - including crossovers/fusions.

There is a lot of prompts to choose from!

Claiming is open from November 9th and through November 23rd and you may claim up to two (2) prompts during this time. If you're feeling ambitious you may claim additional prompts after that, but please complete at least one of your original claims first.

By claiming a prompt you are committing yourself to either writing a fic of at least 500 words, creating a medium sized piece of art, or making at least 5 icons.

You may post your finished work at any time between January 24th and February 7th.

Come claim a prompt or two!

Livejournal: http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/15597.html
Dreamwidth: http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/14158.html

More information can be found

here: http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/
or
here: http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/)

Hathor_girl
November 29th, 2013, 05:47 AM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/brydsoe/tokra/tokra_kree/pimp-buttons/tokra_kree5.png

Prompt claiming is ongoing at tokra_kree (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/)! There is an amazing 151 prompts for people to choose from! SG-1, SGA, SGU, and crossovers!

Only three people have claimed prompts during the main prompt claiming round. Now claiming is open for claiming additional prompts - or if you haven't yet claimed a prompt (or several), you can do so now!

Posting of the finished works will happen Jan. 24th - Feb. 7th. You are welcome to work on your creation until then!

You may create art or fic from the prompts!

Come claim a prompt!

Tok'ra Kree! prompt claim post:

Dreamwidth: http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/15597.html
Livejournal: http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/14158.html

Ayanna
November 30th, 2013, 03:09 AM
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x341/Sophie_D18/SG-1Season220ShowAndTell03314615-52-20.jpg

AmberLM
December 5th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I was just reading stargate fanfic with the tv on in the background when I heard Carmen's voice lol! It took my brain a minute to realise it wasn't in my head. He's in CSI NY... With hair!!

Hathor_girl
December 31st, 2013, 09:40 AM
Happy New Year!
http://www.tokra.dk/graphics/smilies/sg1_tokra_new_year/jacob_selmak_NewYear.gif

Hathor_girl
January 22nd, 2014, 03:59 AM
Tok'ra Kree! - posting begins in two days (Jan 24th).

Posting of your fanwork can happen anytime during the open posting period, which is Jan. 24th - Feb. 7th (until midnight your timezone).

More info can be found here: http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/16871.html

There are very few participants! Come claim a prompt and produce something wonderful! There is still time!

Rules were changed to hopefully make more people interested: You don't need any of the Tok'ra to be a main character any more, however one or more Tok'ra should play an important part in your fic/artwork and not merely be there as an easy way to get information and/or technology.

Hathor_girl
May 2nd, 2014, 02:15 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tokra_kree/Tokra%20Kree%20banners/PromptingOpened/PromptingOpened2.png
FAQ (LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/2267.html) / DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/2652.html) | Schedule (LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/1576.html) / DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/1171.html)) | Prompting (LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/20005.html) / DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/19126.html))

Tok'ra Kree! on DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org) | Tok'ra Kree on LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com) | Tok'ra Kree on tumblr (http://tokra-kree.tumblr.com)

Tok'ra Kree! is a Stargate 'verse Prompt-A-Thon for fanfic and fanart focusing on the Tok'ra from Stargate SG-1. Crossovers are allowed.

Hathor_girl
May 11th, 2014, 09:10 AM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tokra_kree/Tokra%20Kree%20banners/Claiming/Claiming2.png
FAQ (LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/2267.html) / DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/2652.html) | Schedule (LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/1576.html) / DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/1171.html)) | Claiming (LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com/20487.html) / DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org/19670.html))

Tok'ra Kree! on DW (http://tokra-kree.dreamwidth.org) | Tok'ra Kree on LJ (http://tokra-kree.livejournal.com) | Tok'ra Kree on tumblr (http://tokra-kree.tumblr.com)

Tok'ra Kree! is a Stargate 'verse Prompt-A-Thon for fanfic and fanart focusing on the Tok'ra from Stargate SG-1. Crossovers are allowed.