Beauty and the Beast (CW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beauty and the Beast (CW)

The new CW remake of Beauty and the Beast needs some love here on Gateworld.

The show is quite interesting and has already earned a full season. Six episodes have already aired.

The pilot was a bit meh, but most are. Each episode has been better than the previous one, and the characters are compelling.

Anyone besides me watching?
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Stick with the 1987 series.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      No thanks. I found it too odd and the later plots are too bizarre for my taste.

I like the pace of the romance in this new version and the idea of the Beast transforming more over time.

Comment

I don't like modern television (as in this year). Why does he have to be transforming? I liked the idea of the original show. He was different and rejected, and that was that.

Comment

I watched the original show when it first aired on tv(I was pretty young); I really liked it.

I've only watched the pilot ep of the new show so far. I thought it was ok(I didn't really like that Vincent looked normal most of the time). It's good to know that he transforms more over time. I fell behind since I watch something else during the time that it airs. I've been meaning to watch the other episodes though.
          sigpic

Comment

He is transforming more a bit in each episode. Episode 4 had a good partial change, and I read an interview with the actor, suggesting that we will see a full beast by the end of the Season.

I like that he isn't just being rejected based on his looks alone. The show has potential. Episode six was quite good. The scenes between Kat and Vincent are often quite well done.

Comment

I watched three more episodes of the show the other night. I liked them. They're better than the pilot ep, and the beast does come across as more beastly/dangerous, than he seemed to at first. I think I have 2 more episodes until I'm caught up.
              sigpic

Comment

Yep. Episode 7 airs after Thanksgiving. Worth (episode 6) was excellent. The show is really starting to find its way.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                  The new CW remake of Beauty and the Beast needs some love here on Gateworld.

The show is quite interesting and has already earned a full season. Six episodes have already aired.

The pilot was a bit meh, but most are. Each episode has been better than the previous one, and the characters are compelling.

Anyone besides me watching?
                  Maybe I should have quoted these backwards, but by and large so far I'm more a fan of the original.

This does not take away from the new one. I like some of the changes and miss many of the original stuff. I'm enjoying how it's all unfolding in the new series.
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

107 was quite good. They finally gave Evan more to do, and they aren't letting things like the blackout subplot go on to long. The show is worth the investment so far.

Comment

107 was quite good. They finally gave Evan more to do, and they aren't letting things like the blackout subplot go on to long. The show is worth the investment so far.
                      Seems you and I are in the minority. I'm loving the new series. I was a teen when the original series aired...and to be honest...I thought is stunk. I like the new twist that the CW has put on the show. I'm hoping that the show gets picked up for a second season.

I keep pulling for Vincent and Kat (or is it Cat?).
                      sigpic

Comment

Kat I think. I'm still enjoying it. The Alex plot was a bit annoying, but it seems to be ending now. JT is awesome. His comments alone helped make the Valentine's episode quite fun.

Comment

Kat I think. I'm still enjoying it. The Alex plot was a bit annoying, but it seems to be ending now. JT is awesome. His comments alone helped make the Valentine's episode quite fun.
                          Yeah, the Alex plot was a bit twisted. I'm hoping things start working out better for Kat and Vincent.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't like modern television (as in this year). Why does he have to be transforming? I liked the idea of the original show. He was different and rejected, and that was that.
                            You've been saying that since last year....
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm getting more into it every week. Although it isn't great yet it has potential. I did love the original though. I never missed an ep when it was on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X