Two-Hour Series Finales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two-Hour Series Finales

In regards to one-hour shows, can you think of many series finales that played out as a two-hour TV movie event? The only ones that come to mind are Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager.

BSG Had all three parts of 'Daybreak' as a movie didn't they?
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

I don't know, I never watched.

Comment

I meant to post this in the sci-fi forum.

Comment

I think Both LOST and Smallville had Two-Hour Series Finales, and as someone has already pointed out bsg had a movie length finale as well
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
            BSG Had all three parts of 'Daybreak' as a movie didn't they?
            Sorta. It aired originally (and appears on the DVDs/BDs) is a 42min Part 1 and a double-length Part 2. So effectively (and likely in repeats) yes, it was a 3-parter, even though that's not how they chose to number it.

As to the topic itself, I suppose it depends on how one considers the nature of the story. Whether it airs as a 2hr slot, whether it's a 2-parter over separate weeks, whether it's a movie or miniseries, etc etc. So with all of those in mind:
            • Alias (2 part in consecutive timeslots)
            • Andromeda (part 2 following part 1 previous week)
            • Babylon 5 (final two production episodes were 2-part; series finale was aired the next week--but had been filmed as part of the previous season's episode order)
            • BSG (1 part + 2hr, 3 part in re-runs)
            • Charmed (part 2 following part 1 previous week)
            • Chuck (part 2 following part 1 previous week)
            • Dollhouse (epilogue episode that was part 2 of the season 1 epilogue episode)
            • Farscape (miniseries)
            • Firefly (film)
            • Fringe (2 parts airing in consecutive timeslots)
            • Lost (2hr, 2 part in re-runs)
            • Smallville (2h, 2 part in re-runs)
            • Star Trek: TNG (2hr, 2 part in re-runs)
            • Star Trek: DS9 (2hr, 2 part in re-runs)
            • Star Trek: VOY (2hr, 2 part in re-runs)
            • The X-Files (2hr, 2 part in re-runs)
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Sorta. It aired originally (and appears on the DVDs/BDs) is a 42min Part 1 and a double-length Part 2. So effectively (and likely in repeats) yes, it was a 3-parter, even though that's not how they chose to number it.
              Yeah I checked out the battlestar wiki after posting that. Apparently there's also a dvd version that's both parts, plus and extra 12 minutes plus scrolling credits so it really is presented as a feature length movie.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                Yeah I checked out the battlestar wiki after posting that. Apparently there's also a dvd version that's both parts, plus and extra 12 minutes plus scrolling credits so it really is presented as a feature length movie.
                Yeah it is; on the BD you can watch it as it aired or as the feature-length. Which is awesome, by the way.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  • Chuck (part 2 following part 1 previous week)
                  Actually, these were aired back to back.

Comment

Were they? Been a while, guess I forgot.

Comment

I might be wrong but I think 24 ended with a two part finale airing the same night, but due to the rather unique structure of 24, that may not particularly count.

Monk had a two part series finale but they aired a week apart, which was quite torturous.

Avatar The Last Airbender had a four part finale, but since they were only half hour episodes, it came out to 2 hours.

All I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are more.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X