Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Syfy permantly deleted their Forums? UPDATE : Forums are back online.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Syfy permantly deleted their Forums? UPDATE : Forums are back online.

Didn't know where to ask this, but on the same day that Blood and Chrome was announced to be aired online the Syfy forum went "Down for Maintenance" and still hasn't come back up. There is no longer even a link for it on their website.

Has Syfy decided that they are getting too much criticism on the forums and ended them?

The tab doesn't appear on the website anymore. Interesting.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Even more interesting is the lack of an announcement about forum deletion...
      sigpic

Comment

Lately it seems like they have been trying to silence real science fiction fans, so I am not surprised.

Comment

Their is no such thing as real science fiction fans just like their is no such thing as real Stargate fans
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I was curious about this too so it's not just me
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

This message is still up on the Syfy Forums link: www.syfy.com/forums/

Capture from Syfy Forums.JPG

From SyFy /Craig Engler's Twitter : twitter.com/syfy

Capture re Syfy Forums.JPG

Looks like you'll all have to keep an eye on that Twitter account for further news,and/or wait till their SysAdmins restore the Forums and your ability to post.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thank you all very much for the info.

It seriously never takes this long to perform maintenance so I suspect something else is going on.

I know the forum was dying due to traditional scifi fans leaving Syfy and I hope they come back but I think there is at least a chance they won't.

I don't really watch Syfy anymore so I don't even know if they advertised the webisodes.

All in all, Blood and Chrome was disaster for Syfy. They announced it in a panic move because of their was fans displeasure over the cancellation of Caprica and SGU and then got trapped into being unable to cancel it.

Then a trailer got leaked and fans got real excited.

So Syfy did their best to bury it. They turned it back into webisodes, and they aren't even showing it on their own website but under the Machinima brand.

Anyways, that's just my opinion.

I also think I will wait until a few more episodes are up before I watch again. Ten minutes or so at a time is not enough.

Comment

Forums are back up.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the good news,Brian!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To All :

The old links mightn't work now ( no diss on Syfy because sometimes this has happened here after big moves /upgrades!) so either Google "Syfy Forums" or try this link : forums.syfy.com
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                    X