Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Jaffa,Satedan,Klingon and Jem'Hadar walk into a bar, who walks out alive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Jaffa,Satedan,Klingon and Jem'Hadar walk into a bar, who walks out alive?

I suppose my real question is out of all the warrior races we have been introduced to throughout the world of science fiction,( not just the two franchises refered to in the title) which were the truest warrior's, the best fighters with the richest warrior code.and why. This goes for any warrior race from any show you feel fits the parameters
    Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

I think the Jaffa would survive things that would kill alot of warrior races, because despite being proud warriors and prefering to play fair, they are very intelligent about it and don't live to fight to the death.

Jem'Hadar would do fight excellently because they are so forceful. But they live to fight because they were bred to fight as a way to earn their exist. In my opinion they are the swords of The Founders, rather than true warriors.

I don't know what a Satedan is; is it the species from Farscape? That guy seemed to have it rather together but lacked the greater freedom of the Jaffa...

I'd have to say the Klingon's are the greatest warriors in the title because they have the freedom to choose their path, but religiously (both literally and metaphorically) choose the path of the warrior.

The Jaffa are more than warriors, and the Jem'Hadar are less than it.
    With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Comment

I think a Satedan is Ronan's species from SGA, not a species on Farscape.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilord View Post
        I think the Jaffa would survive things that would kill alot of warrior races, because despite being proud warriors and prefering to play fair, they are very intelligent about it and don't live to fight to the death.

Jem'Hadar would do fight excellently because they are so forceful. But they live to fight because they were bred to fight as a way to earn their exist. In my opinion they are the swords of The Founders, rather than true warriors.

I don't know what a Satedan is; is it the species from Farscape? That guy seemed to have it rather together but lacked the greater freedom of the Jaffa...

I'd have to say the Klingon's are the greatest warriors in the title because they have the freedom to choose their path, but religiously (both literally and metaphorically) choose the path of the warrior.

The Jaffa are more than warriors, and the Jem'Hadar are less than it.
        the setedans are Ronans from Atlantis, people you don't need to limit it to just the title races,any warrior race from any show Will do I always liked the guy who was on andromada but i can't remember the name of his race, just that they were a warrior type race...that's not my favourite though ... I'm gonna post that in a bit, need to be sure first, gotta weigh up the pros and cons so to speak LOL .

Comment

John-117 and Kelly-087 ftw.
          sigpic

Comment

X5-452
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

On Andromeda, the warrior guy was a Neitzchian. I am not certain that is spelled right. His given name was Tyr Anasazi. And there was another of his race on board named Rhade. Rhade was played by the one who played Camulus on Stargate.
              Last edited by tlw; 02 January 2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Given they are all fictional aliens, whoever the writer wants to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  Given they are all fictional aliens, whoever the writer wants to win.
                  While my own previous response was somewhat joking, the OP's question, at least in terms of "richest warrior culture" does make a sorta defined area that even a fic writer shouldn't ignore. TBH, out of the given examples, I would vote Klingon as the have the most "in depth" history and reasoning behind thier warrior code (and even reasons why they ignore it sometimes)
                  sigpic

Comment

My vote goes either to the Klingon or the Jaffa, because both have well-developed warrior codes without being too "samurai" about it. You aren't likely to walk out of a fight alive if your code tells you it's better to die than surrender.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Jaffa are willing to "cut and run", so are the Klingons, the only race presented that won't are the Jem'ha'dar because they believe they are already dead and only with victory will they live.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd go for Klingon too. They are individually strong, trained and culturally warriors. The problem with Jaffa is that whilst they are sometimes strong, i.e. those who survive and get promoted, the majority are cannon fodder during battles between warring Goa'uld (i.e. generals who don't care about their troops' survival).

Comment

Originally posted by tlw View Post
                          On Andromeda, the warrior guy was Neitzchian. I am not certain that is spelled right.
                          Cheers, it was really starting to bug me LOL

Comment

Right I had a good think about this and as much as I love the jaffa I also feel the klingons are The more complete package when it comes to warrior races. The jaffa may claim to have a rich history and plenty of jaffa legends, but they are still in their infancy when it comes to individuality and history as they only recently obtained their freedom and have yet to find their feet as a nation and as a people in general. The jem' hadar ar in an even worse position as they r still slaves to the dominion and despite their strength they are completely dependant upon their ketrocell white, without which they would die, which brings us back to the jaffa, if they are tretonin using jaffa ( which their are a lot now) they would have the same problems as the jem' hadar with regards to needing meds to be all they can be. The setedans ( Ronans race sga) are all but extinct but I think have the next richest warrior mentality just behind the Klingons, but imo they make such a big deal of their warrior culture because they are all but extinct. And in the setedans case I think ronan was the exception by being so physically imposing, not to say the rest of his race were not tough but they were soldiers first whereas the klingons always were and Will be natural warriors, its in their blood, their history is inundated with rich tales of war and honour they are trained in all aspects of war from the earliest age and relish the opportunity to prove their worth in battle. So in conclusion, the klingons are the victors here with the jaffa a close second, but in terms of characters if it was tealc, ronan,worf and a jem'hadar commander in a fight, then tealc would win, cause hes tealc...

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
                              I suppose my real question is out of all the warrior races we have been introduced to throughout the world of science fiction,( not just the two franchises refered to in the title) which were the truest warrior's, the best fighters with the richest warrior code.and why. This goes for any warrior race from any show you feel fits the parameters
                              Depends on whether the barman is a Wraith
                              O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
                              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                              O'Neill: Like what?
                              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X