Shows set on the ocean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shows set on the ocean?

There's plenty of TV shows set aboard spaceships and space stations. However, what about on the ocean? There's SeaQuest DSV, set in the near future aboard a submarine. I haven't seen the show since NBC cancelled it, so I don't remember much more than that. There's also Surface, but that was more about sea monsters. Still, the show was often set on the water. The marine biologist was looking for evidence of the creatures, a man's brother was drowned by one of the creatures, and a boy found an egg off the coast. The show revolved around these three characters and their stories.

Are there any other good shows set on the water?

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, old series and a bit corny sometimes, but it was ok
    sigpic

Comment

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was great. Also, Stingray.
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

I could never get into Irwin Allen's TV shows. Has there been anything more recent set on the ocean?

Comment

There's a new one called "Last Resort" on Thursdays.

Comment

Do anyone remember the series called Sea Quest?

I remember something from it but not much, since I was pretty small back when that show run in Finnish television...

Comment

Yep i enjoyed that one, especially Darwin the dolphin
              How bout Man from Atlantis (and i dont mean Shep)
              sigpic

Comment

"Waterworld" as a movie.

SeaQuest was good, but I don't like the third season which was almost like a spin-off (SeaQuest 2032).
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                  Starring Patrick Duffy, otherwise known as Bobby Ewing of Dallas.

Comment

yup thats the guy, thats prolly where he really was when he stepped in the shower and dreamed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      There's a new one called "Last Resort" on Thursdays.
                      ABC is cancel happy. I'll wait and see if this lasts.

Originally posted by RedDevil View Post
                      Do anyone remember the series called Sea Quest?
                      I already brought this up in my opening post.

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                      Looked up, the premise seems cartoony.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      "Waterworld" as a movie.
                      This was a movie, not a TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        I already brought this up in my opening post.
                        Oh, that's what you get when reading and typing tired.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        SeaQuest was good, but I don't like the third season which was almost like a spin-off (SeaQuest 2032).
                        Well. As looks of it the 3rd season was the last, so anyone didn't like that season.
                        After that run in Finnish TV, they haven't shown it never anymore. That's quite a shame, since they are showing same damn series as re-runs all the time like CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York etc. Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful series, but why, oh, why do they allways show those same ones again and again? Meh I say.

Comment

well,everything we suggested you shot down. why do we bother
                          sigpic

Comment

Everything? There's only been three recommendations so far. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea is out, because I do not like Irwen Allen productions. I said Last Resort could be interesting, but as only a few episodes have aired, I want to wait and see if ABC is going to let this last or get cancel happy again. SeaQuest DSV had already been mentioned. Man from Atlantis just looks goofy, and Waterworld is a movie, not a TV show.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
                            Last Resort
                            Man from Atlantis

Don't be so critical of me shooting shows down when there's only been three recommendations.

Comment

Last Resort won't make it past S1. Its numbers are terrible. 8PM on Thursday is always going to be death slot for ABC shows.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X