Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alias Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers all Episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alias Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers all Episodes)

Any Alias fans on this forum?

Originally posted by D.C.
    Any Alias fans on this forum?
    I used to be. And then the whole show went down the tubes so they could shove ship in our faces constantly, all the time. *gag* It became trite and shallow and stupid and I stopped watching after (Lauren f***ed that guy against the wall and killed him). Tacky, gratuitous, unnecessary, just to name a few adjectives.

Still really loved the first few seasons, though. Great stuff. The cliffhanger-every-week thing was great, the mystery was really there, the layering and interlocking of the elements... I miss it.

Comment

I've had real problems with the show this season. Vaughan has become mr. whiny, Sydney has been weepy (talk about pining), I miss Irina, I miss Sydney's friends that kind of kept the show grounded in reality. Lauren was very predictably set up to be evil and she and Sark (who I used to love) seem to simply be mustache twirling villains now.

I thought the show was kind of getting its act together a few episodes ago. There were some nice action-packed episodes, a few nifty twists to the plot and they managed to avoid the soap opera overtones that have plagued the show this year. Last week I was so unimpressed with the episode that I decided I'll watch the season finale and if that isn't good I don't know if I'm going to watch the show next year or not.

This really disappoints me because I really *loved* the show in the first two seasons. I even used to like Vaughan in his role as Sydney's CIA contact/mentor, with the little UST overtones. I thought they might eventually get the couple together at the end of the show. Instead it became a shippy soap opera and I don't even *like* Vaughan anymore, much less want to see those two get together.

Sorry to ramble on, but Alias was one of the few shows I watched on a regular basis and it's bothered me to see it go downhill like this. It is still a decent show, good cast (especially the older actors) and it always has the potential to string together a good story arc. It just used to be *so* good that I wouldn't think of missing an episode. Now I just feel sort of ho-hum about it.
      Last edited by keshou; 09 May 2004, 07:39 PM.
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I really loved Alias the first 2 seasons. But I miss Irina and I don't like the fact that Sydney is crying in every single episode. I though the Mrs. Vaughn storyline was not very original and as this point I could give a rats a** if Sydney and Vaughn get back together or not. Personally I think that they should bring back Will.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          Personally I think that they should bring back Will.
          Will is now on Touching Evil. His role is a bit more serious, but I like him there. I'm beginning to think of Alias as a bit of a plague that I wouldn't wish on actors/characters I like.

Poor, poor Marshall... *sigh* He should be rescued and taken to Stargate Command.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Will is now on Touching Evil. His role is a bit more serious, but I like him there. I'm beginning to think of Alias as a bit of a plague that I wouldn't wish on actors/characters I like.

Poor, poor Marshall... *sigh* He should be rescued and taken to Stargate Command.
            Didn't know the actor who plays Will had another gig. Good for him. I really liked him on Alias.

And Marshall. Forgot to say something good about him. He's one of the few characters I still enjoy but I don't know if he's enough to keep me as a regular viewer. I used to really love Jack Bristow's character but even he has gone downhill for me, although not as much as the others. Give it time though - last week's interaction with Katya just made me go "ick".

I think this is yet another show that suffered from network interference. I read that they pressured the producer to dump the cliffhangers, get rid of some of the extraneous characters (Sydney's friends), accelerate the Sydney/Vaughan romance and end the SD-6 story arc much sooner than he originally planned.

Comment

I still like it - I admit this year's not as good as the first 2 seasons, but I think that's in part due to them no longer having cliff hanger endings for each episode (annoying as they were, they left you wanting more).

Comment

i like the show a lot but it has changed a lot from the way it started. it isn't about really about an undercover spy anymore and the show is borderline scifi, give it a season or 2 and it will be scifi, they will probably find Rimabaldi designs for jet packs, phasers, a time machine and who knows what else

i haven't really been into this season as much as the first 2 because of how much season 3 has changed. give Vaughn a bit more time and he will be a younger version of Jack. i did like the cliffhanger at the end of each episode but i have started to hate them. i download the episodes because i had heard that the 2 channels that show them in the UK had no intention of showing season 3 (but surprise suprise, 15 episodes in, a new channel starts to show them) and because the US delays them, i have to wait and having to wait 2 weeks for the finale sucks big time

sigpic

Comment

I like the show...only watched this last season...actually just rented the first few episodes and watched #1...wow!!!! loved the pilot! I did get irked when the Sydney/Vaugn ship took over (and I'm a S/V shipper...). I was watching one episode this season and suddenly I went "oh, wait...isn't there a CIA mission/Rambaldi thing happening in this"...and I couldn't remember...I love ship, but jeez...CIA show, not a soap...keep it subtle!!!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                  ~Imzadi
                  describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                  Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I think Season Three started of a bit weird, but now it's awesome again. I like how they've resolved what happened in between Season Two and Three and have this whole Sark and Lauren stuff now. Awesome show. Probably ranked just after Stargate SG-1.

Comment

Me , me , me I'm an Alias fan too.

Alias is on" Bravo" in the UK every Sunday night .

We are only beginning of season 3 here in the UK ...The last episode I saw was when Sydney went to that weird doctor ....who helped her remember her 2 missing years....and she went to meet Will and they spent the night together.....so I haven't seen Sydney cry a lot yet ...I must say I don't really like to see strong women becoming crying women over a chap ....but I love the story with the Rambaldi artifact..and all that and Sloane intriguates me ..You never know if he's good or evil

I really liked Sydney and Vaughn together but I think Will is a real darling ..and may be more suited to her ....Whoever she choses to be with at the end , I'm happy with it ....Vaughn or Will...I just don't want her to break a marriage ...if Vaugh and Lauren break up ..it should not be because of Syd...but something else .....otherwise she's better off with Will.

I also love Jack , Syd's dad to bits and Marshall...great characters.

I used to like Dixon in season 1 and 2 but not so much in season 3 ...I think the higher position they have him in the CIA does not suit him too much...he wants to play the strict guy and I just can't see Dixon like that.

I also hope IRVINA will come back ..She was great

Caty aka ShipDiva
                      Last edited by Catysg1; 23 May 2004, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Yeah, Dixon was better as a field agent.

Comment

I just saw the episode "Full disclosure" season 3 tonight ..EXCELLENT..What a episode ....it was great ..we got to know what happened to Syd during her 2 missing years( Rambaldi ,Prophecy, Chosen one ,The one coming) and the cliffhanger ....so good .

This episode is so well done ..it's like a mini movie with everything in it ..I just loved it ...I really like Alias .

Caty

Comment

Yeah, that episode is pretty awesome. We're up to 'Taken' here. Awesome show.

Comment

Don't forget the Alias season 3 finale "Resurrection" airs tonight, 5/23/04 in the U.S.

Lauren wreaks havoc on the CIA, Vaughn faces his innermost demons in pursuit of his wife, and Sydney makes a startling discovery that leaves her questioning whom she can trust, on the season finale of "Alias," airing May 23 (9:00-10:00 PM) on ABC.

Here's a review from USA Today -- they give it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars

(no big spoilers)

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...s-finale_x.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X