PDA

View Full Version : Alias Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers all Episodes)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

D.C.
May 9th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Any Alias fans on this forum?

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Any Alias fans on this forum?

I used to be. And then the whole show went down the tubes so they could shove ship in our faces constantly, all the time. *gag* It became trite and shallow and stupid and I stopped watching after (Lauren f***ed that guy against the wall and killed him). Tacky, gratuitous, unnecessary, just to name a few adjectives. ;)

Still really loved the first few seasons, though. Great stuff. The cliffhanger-every-week thing was great, the mystery was really there, the layering and interlocking of the elements... I miss it.

keshou
May 9th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I've had real problems with the show this season. Vaughan has become mr. whiny, Sydney has been weepy (talk about pining), I miss Irina, I miss Sydney's friends that kind of kept the show grounded in reality. Lauren was very predictably set up to be evil and she and Sark (who I used to love) seem to simply be mustache twirling villains now.

I thought the show was kind of getting its act together a few episodes ago. There were some nice action-packed episodes, a few nifty twists to the plot and they managed to avoid the soap opera overtones that have plagued the show this year. Last week I was so unimpressed with the episode that I decided I'll watch the season finale and if that isn't good I don't know if I'm going to watch the show next year or not.

This really disappoints me because I really *loved* the show in the first two seasons. I even used to like Vaughan in his role as Sydney's CIA contact/mentor, with the little UST overtones. I thought they might eventually get the couple together at the end of the show. Instead it became a shippy soap opera and I don't even *like* Vaughan anymore, much less want to see those two get together.

Sorry to ramble on, but Alias was one of the few shows I watched on a regular basis and it's bothered me to see it go downhill like this. It is still a decent show, good cast (especially the older actors) and it always has the potential to string together a good story arc. It just used to be *so* good that I wouldn't think of missing an episode. Now I just feel sort of ho-hum about it.

Shipperahoy
May 9th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I really loved Alias the first 2 seasons. But I miss Irina and I don't like the fact that Sydney is crying in every single episode. I though the Mrs. Vaughn storyline was not very original and as this point I could give a rats a** if Sydney and Vaughn get back together or not. Personally I think that they should bring back Will.

ShadowMaat
May 10th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Personally I think that they should bring back Will.

Will is now on Touching Evil. His role is a bit more serious, but I like him there. I'm beginning to think of Alias as a bit of a plague that I wouldn't wish on actors/characters I like.

Poor, poor Marshall... *sigh* He should be rescued and taken to Stargate Command. ;)

keshou
May 10th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Will is now on Touching Evil. His role is a bit more serious, but I like him there. I'm beginning to think of Alias as a bit of a plague that I wouldn't wish on actors/characters I like.

Poor, poor Marshall... *sigh* He should be rescued and taken to Stargate Command. ;)

Didn't know the actor who plays Will had another gig. Good for him. I really liked him on Alias.

And Marshall. :) Forgot to say something good about him. He's one of the few characters I still enjoy but I don't know if he's enough to keep me as a regular viewer. I used to really love Jack Bristow's character but even he has gone downhill for me, although not as much as the others. Give it time though - last week's interaction with Katya just made me go "ick".

I think this is yet another show that suffered from network interference. I read that they pressured the producer to dump the cliffhangers, get rid of some of the extraneous characters (Sydney's friends), accelerate the Sydney/Vaughan romance and end the SD-6 story arc much sooner than he originally planned.

joshing123
May 10th, 2004, 09:38 AM
I still like it - I admit this year's not as good as the first 2 seasons, but I think that's in part due to them no longer having cliff hanger endings for each episode (annoying as they were, they left you wanting more).

SaberBlade
May 10th, 2004, 10:21 AM
i like the show a lot but it has changed a lot from the way it started. it isn't about really about an undercover spy anymore and the show is borderline scifi, give it a season or 2 and it will be scifi, they will probably find Rimabaldi designs for jet packs, phasers, a time machine and who knows what else

i haven't really been into this season as much as the first 2 because of how much season 3 has changed. give Vaughn a bit more time and he will be a younger version of Jack. i did like the cliffhanger at the end of each episode but i have started to hate them. i download the episodes because i had heard that the 2 channels that show them in the UK had no intention of showing season 3 (but surprise suprise, 15 episodes in, a new channel starts to show them) and because the US delays them, i have to wait and having to wait 2 weeks for the finale sucks big time

LtLisa
May 22nd, 2004, 09:28 PM
I like the show...only watched this last season...actually just rented the first few episodes and watched #1...wow!!!! loved the pilot! I did get irked when the Sydney/Vaugn ship took over (and I'm a S/V shipper...). I was watching one episode this season and suddenly I went "oh, wait...isn't there a CIA mission/Rambaldi thing happening in this"...and I couldn't remember...I love ship, but jeez...CIA show, not a soap...keep it subtle!!!

D.C.
May 22nd, 2004, 09:40 PM
I think Season Three started of a bit weird, but now it's awesome again. I like how they've resolved what happened in between Season Two and Three and have this whole Sark and Lauren stuff now. Awesome show. Probably ranked just after Stargate SG-1.

Catysg1
May 23rd, 2004, 07:11 AM
Me , me , me I'm an Alias fan too.

Alias is on" Bravo" in the UK every Sunday night .

We are only beginning of season 3 here in the UK ...The last episode I saw was when Sydney went to that weird doctor ....who helped her remember her 2 missing years....and she went to meet Will and they spent the night together.....so I haven't seen Sydney cry a lot yet ...I must say I don't really like to see strong women becoming crying women over a chap :S ....but I love the story with the Rambaldi artifact..and all that and Sloane intriguates me ..You never know if he's good or evil :cool:

I really liked Sydney and Vaughn together but I think Will is a real darling ..and may be more suited to her ....Whoever she choses to be with at the end , I'm happy with it ....Vaughn or Will...I just don't want her to break a marriage ...if Vaugh and Lauren break up ..it should not be because of Syd...but something else .....otherwise she's better off with Will.

I also love Jack , Syd's dad to bits and Marshall...great characters. :D

I used to like Dixon in season 1 and 2 but not so much in season 3 ...I think the higher position they have him in the CIA does not suit him too much...he wants to play the strict guy and I just can't see Dixon like that. :eek:

I also hope IRVINA will come back ..She was great ;)

Caty aka ShipDiva ;)

D.C.
May 23rd, 2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah, Dixon was better as a field agent. :)

Catysg1
May 23rd, 2004, 03:07 PM
I just saw the episode "Full disclosure" season 3 tonight ..EXCELLENT..What a episode ....it was great ..we got to know what happened to Syd during her 2 missing years( Rambaldi ,Prophecy, Chosen one ,The one coming) and the cliffhanger ....so good .
:)

This episode is so well done ..it's like a mini movie with everything in it ..I just loved it ...I really like Alias . ;) :)

Caty :)

D.C.
May 23rd, 2004, 03:11 PM
Yeah, that episode is pretty awesome. We're up to 'Taken' here. :) Awesome show. :)

keshou
May 23rd, 2004, 03:18 PM
Don't forget the Alias season 3 finale "Resurrection" airs tonight, 5/23/04 in the U.S.

Lauren wreaks havoc on the CIA, Vaughn faces his innermost demons in pursuit of his wife, and Sydney makes a startling discovery that leaves her questioning whom she can trust, on the season finale of "Alias," airing May 23 (9:00-10:00 PM) on ABC.

Here's a review from USA Today -- they give it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars

(no big spoilers)

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/reviews/2004-05-20-alias-finale_x.htm

KatG
May 23rd, 2004, 03:45 PM
I'm still watching it and still loving it. The review from USA today sounds promising.

D.C.
May 23rd, 2004, 03:50 PM
I've heard that Season Four of Alias isn't going to start in the U.S. until January. Apparently the creator asked for more shooting time in exchange for not having repeats and the network agreed. Now U.S. viewers will be able to watch it in January without repeats. The new TV season in Australia is February, so hopefully we'll only be four episodes behind the U.S. :) I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. :)

KatG
May 23rd, 2004, 03:55 PM
I've heard that Season Four of Alias isn't going to start in the U.S. until January.

Not til January. Aaarrrrgghhh!!!!

D.C.
May 23rd, 2004, 04:02 PM
Atleast you won't have to watch repeats.

ShadowMaat
May 23rd, 2004, 04:13 PM
Atleast you won't have to watch repeats.
Yeah, but if you miss an ep, you're screwed.

keshou
May 23rd, 2004, 04:38 PM
I've heard that Season Four of Alias isn't going to start in the U.S. until January. Apparently the creator asked for more shooting time in exchange for not having repeats and the network agreed. Now U.S. viewers will be able to watch it in January without repeats. The new TV season in Australia is February, so hopefully we'll only be four episodes behind the U.S. :) I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. :)
That's what I heard as well. The premiere episode of season 4 won't air until mid-January 2005 in the U.S.. The first of 20 rerun free episodes. Could work well for the show. Alias is a lot like 24 in that it works much better if you can keep the flow of the story up, no repeats.

Of course if tonight's finale is very, very good, with a big cliffhanger ending, that will make the wait until January, 2005 really, really looong. :)

D.C.
May 23rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
Just as long as it doesn't delay the February start here. They never show Alias repeats here, and if I miss an episode I just go to the official website at ABC.com

Red_Rabbit
May 24th, 2004, 12:11 AM
That's what I heard as well. The premiere episode of season 4 won't air until mid-January 2005 in the U.S.. The first of 20 rerun free episodes. Could work well for the show. Alias is a lot like 24 in that it works much better if you can keep the flow of the story up, no repeats.

Of course if tonight's finale is very, very good, with a big cliffhanger ending, that will make the wait until January, 2005 really, really looong. :)

On a funny note 24 is doing the same thing, starting in Jan. and running without repeats. Also the finale was great but the seven month wait is going to be bad.

Catysg1
May 24th, 2004, 01:09 AM
I also read the Jennifer is shooting "Elektra" at the moment with the little girl from Birthright Stargate sg1 ...this may delay the shooting of season 4 !!!!

Caty

joshing123
May 24th, 2004, 09:54 AM

They're doing the same with "24" on Fox, but they're not likely to leave us with cliff hanger like Alias. While not having weeks long breaks between episodes sounds good on paper, it sucks having to wait 7 months until the next ep! A less faithful fan might find another show to watch during that time slot & not come back.

Catysg1
May 24th, 2004, 09:59 AM
They're doing the same with "24" on Fox, but they're not likely to leave us with cliff hanger like Alias. While not having weeks long breaks between episodes sounds good on paper, it sucks having to wait 7 months until the next ep! A less faithful fan might find another show to watch during that time slot & not come back.

In the UK we waited ages between season 2 and season 3 ..something like 7 months ..probably more that I nearly forgot about the show by then :rolleyes: ..It 's my husband who spotted it ...and it was not on Sky one anymore ..it' the Bravo channel who is airing it now!!!!!.. Don't know why !!!! but here you go ..I 'm pretty sure we 're gonna have to wait for another 6 months or more in the Uk for season 4 unless Bravo is quick to get the licence or whatever :rolleyes:

Caty ;)

joshing123
May 24th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Something interesting for those of you who saw last night's ep. Someone from another group got this from the ABC web site

s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
>
> In Wittenberg, Syd opens the safe deposit box and finds a top
secret
> document. She cries as she learns that Jack wasn't in prison after
> Irina betrayed him, that Vuaghn's father William worked for him,
and
> that he has documented her entire life, as well as Nadia's. Jack
> appears and says she was never supposed to have found these
> documents.

We'll see if they stick with that next season. When the show starts again. In 7 months. :(

USS Thunderchild
May 24th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Man, was that finale a huge letdown. I expect much more from an Alias finale, yet alone an Alias episode. Not a good way to go out, but unlike most of you, I think this season is better than the second, but season 1's still my favorite. Jack's the best character IMO, and they should use his badass more often.

Phil

Elwe Singollo
May 24th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Whats with the 'masks', that was way too unbelievable, i don't know... But thats what i think.

D.C.
May 24th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Hey, the threads fine now, but remember to put some spoiler space in for international Alias fans. :)

keshou
May 24th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Well I was hoping to be "wowed" by last night's season 3 finale and I really wasn't. It was okay, but not as good as the season 1 and 2 finales. Hopefully they'll have plenty of time before the new season begins in January to develop some interesting stories for season 4.

KatG
May 24th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Well I was hoping to be "wowed" by last night's season 3 finale and I really wasn't.

Kind of anticlimatic wasn't it? At least it won't be so bad waiting until January for the start of S4.

USS Thunderchild
May 24th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Whats with the 'masks', that was way too unbelievable, i don't know... But thats what i think. Yeah, rediculous, and pretty lazy of the writers. Really reminded of Mission Impossible, which isn't a very good thing.

Phil

Benj
May 26th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Bear with me on this and don't shout at me but what is the closest show in 'feel' to Alias. it has always interested me but i never watched it. I really like '24', is it anything at all like this or is it more like a campy bond movie with a woman and not a man? its only £20 on amazon for series 1, should i take the risk?

aAnubiSs
May 26th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Alias season 1&2 are really good. Season 3 is more like a soap-opera!

D.C.
May 26th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Benj: I watch both 24 and Alias and they have a similar feel.

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 06:31 AM
The third season finale just aired on Australian TV tonight. Seven put the the last two episodes of the season as a two hour episode. It was pretty awesome. It tied up story arcs from this season and started some new ones for next season.

/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

I wonder what's in those files. They're documenting Syd's life and they all have Jack Bristow's signature. Also it'll be interesting to see what Syd's aunt is up to, Sloane and Nadia, as well as what's going to happen with Sark next season. I liked that security expert chick. It'll be cool if she was recruited for the CIA for next season. She seemed to like Marshall, which was funny.

I can't wait until Season Four. It sounds awesome and the creator is taking the series back to basics, which sounds interesting.

What did you think of the season finale? :)

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Hehe, i thought the S3 finale could have been so much better, but still loved it anyway :) Its so sad though, we have to wait till Jan. for the US to get new episodes :(

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 05:04 PM
We usually get new episodes in February anyway... hopefully the delayed start in the U.S. won't change it. It didn't have a huge cliff hanger season finale like the first two seasons, but it still was awesome. :) It was cool how Vaughn was going to put acid on Lauren's face. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure about the delay part, but i think its good because ABC is doing that so that their won't be no repeats :) Which is good, yay :)

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah, it's good, as long as it doesn't disrupt the Australian TV schedule. :) I guess Fox does the same with 24 and we still get that in February as well. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Yes, yes :) I was dissapointed that in the finale, the masks that Sydney and Lauren used, were so real, but when tooken off, they looked so fake, and how come Lauren can't talk like Sydney, but Sydney can talk like Lauren... I guess Lauren isn't as good of a secret agent... ;)

D.C.
June 29th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Heh, she's already an Australian doing a British accent... what do you want from her. :) I didn't mind the masks. They were pretty cool.

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 12:34 AM
At first, i thought they made Lauren into a Sydney clone, like they did with Sydney's best friend, who sadly died and ended up on a horrible WB show called Summerland... But anywho, that went a little bit off topic, haha, anyway...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Francie was cool. Her genetic double was also cool. :)

joshing123
June 30th, 2004, 09:36 AM
I didn't like how Lauren blurted all that out about the file on Sydney even using her dying breath to tell her where to find it. I don't know if it's turned good or she did it to hurt Syd, but it just didn't work for me. I miss the per episode cliff hangers so I was hoping for one to end the season. But given the long wait, maybe it's just as well.

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Francie was cool. Her genetic double was also cool. :)Ah! Why did they have to remove 3 of my favorite characters! (Francie, Evil Francie, and Will)

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Syd's personal life is apprently going to be back in Season Four. They'll probably give her some new friends. :)

joshing123: I figured Lauren said it to use as leverage so Syd wouldn't kill her, but when Vaughn shot her she said it to hurt Syd. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I dont know, i think Lauren said that to think Sydney wouldn't kill her, and Sydney would want to hear more. We never know whos actually evil, well i hoped that Lauren was evil so Sydney or anyone would have the chance to hit her, ooo, me day dreaming, evil Francie hitting her?! Sad, shes gone.. :(

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Syd looked pretty pissed at the end of the episode, though.

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Yah, she did... Sydney's family these days are all evil! Her aunt? Umm, how stupid was she to try to shoot Sydney, and there were no bullets?! That was a funny part, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I wonder what her agenda is. I didn't think she was completely evil, and she obviously had her own motives, but then she tries to kill Syd... Unless she thought it was a tranqualiser gun again. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Yah, she did seem like she wanted something, and wasn't 'evil' as you said, thats kind of like Sark imo, he was evil/good, then not sure...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Nah, Sark's always been evil. Ever since Season One when he killed those K-Directerate people. He was working for 'the man' wasn't he. That was awesome when it turned out to be Syd's mother.

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I don't think he was 'so evil' in S3. I really hope Nadia isn't evil, i would be so dissapointed, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I like Nadia, but didn't the Rambaldi prophecy say that the chosen one and the passenger will do battle, and both will die or something. It's probably more complicated then that though. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:40 PM
No!- I don't want her to die :( That will suck booty.

Sark will become a 'recurring star', instead of a regular next season, info from spoilerfix.com :)

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:41 PM
That's good. I thought Sark was the best in Season One. With him in the cast it just seemed like they were trying to make everything revolve around him. Any word on new cast members?

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Lauren maybe comming back :)

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Seriously? :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:47 PM
She may according the spoiler site, but she may not because she has 2 movie offers, and some other work, but why pass the deal to come back for at least one episode?!

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:48 PM
She was shot 8 or 9 times? Unless it was someone wearing a mask covering for her... Melissa George is a pretty cool actress, much better on U.S. TV then she was in that old Australian soap opera. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Was she shot in the head? I forgot :)

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 03:56 PM
I think she could have been. Maybe Lauren really married Vaughn, some person used Project Helix to make a genetic double, and replaced Lauren... That doesn't explain Lauren's family though. She hesitated before she killed her father. If she wasn't really Lauren she would have shot him immediately. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I was shocked the mom did it for her?!

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Maybe she was tricking her mother as well. What if the mother didn't know that Lauren was the real Lauren? :) Nah, this is crap. I wonder how she's going to survive though. I doubt Syd or Vaughn would have left the corpse with out making sure it was dead. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I don't think they really cared about her after she fell down in that hole, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:03 PM
They would have gotten a CIA team to check it out though, right? Did we find out about Marshall's condition after he was shot?

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I think they said he was getting better, but yah, its been so long ago when i saw the episode...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I saw it two nights ago, I wasn't paying attention to the Marshall stuff though. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Hehe :)

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:11 PM
I read an interview with the creator and he was talking about his new series Lost, he said when he took a step back to make Lost, he realized why Season Three of Alias wasn't as well received as the other seasons. I think that's why he's going to take the show back to basics. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I read something like they went to deep into the Rambaldi storyline, which i thought was getting annoying, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I read that too. I like the Rambaldi storyline, but I think they've revealed too much of it too soon. Considering that Sloane and Nadia are now looking for his conciousness. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Umm, that sounds a bit 'crazy' haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Yeah, that's true. It'll be interesting to see if they find it. I wonder how he stored his conciousness. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 04:17 PM
If they dare to put his 'C' in a computer, i'm just going to laugh at the writers, haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:18 PM
They might find some screwed up 16th Century computer. Maybe he just froze himself and he's got instructions to thaw him out. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Yah, that would be interesting :)

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Probably more plausable then a 16th century computer as well. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Were their computers in the 16th Century?! Well after 20+ posts about this and the other thread, i think i need a rest :) Haha...

D.C.
June 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
That's cool. Rambaldi was a prophet though, he coud have made his own. :)

D.C.
July 1st, 2004, 03:53 PM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-07/01/11.30.film

D.C.
July 1st, 2004, 03:54 PM
I wonder if they'll make Nadia or Syd's aunt regular cast members next season. Hopefully not. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 04:25 PM
I really hope they don't make Syd's aunt a regular, i don't like her, not one bit, haha...

D.C.
July 1st, 2004, 04:27 PM
She's okay, I agree that she shouldn't be in the cast. I like Nadia, but it'll cool if she stays sort of mysterious. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 04:28 PM
I would hate to have Nadia 'be mysterious' for 3 seasons+, then poof, shes gone, like Sydney's mom, and Sydney's mom will never comming back :(

D.C.
July 1st, 2004, 04:31 PM
Not too mysterious, though. Just not appearing in every episode. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 04:34 PM
Yes, i don't want a season long story about one character, that'd be boring, unless they did stuff that would just be mind blowing, haha... I was glad they didn't focus the show only on Nadia at the end of last season.

D.C.
July 1st, 2004, 04:39 PM
It's cool talking about Alias. This is pretty much the only time you can talk about it with people from other countries, with spoiling the episodes. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 04:48 PM
Unless someone just started watching the show :)

D.C.
July 1st, 2004, 04:48 PM
Yeah, good point. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 04:50 PM
But i guess u were directing to the 'already watching' viewers, haha...

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 04:59 PM
And oh yah, i forgot to thank you for sharing that link :) Nice read :)

D.C.
July 1st, 2004, 11:08 PM
But i guess u were directing to the 'already watching' viewers, haha...Yeah, that's pretty much right. :)
And oh yah, i forgot to thank you for sharing that link :) Nice read :)No problem. Any idea when production starts on Season Four of Alias? If Melissa George is doing the movie, she probably won't be a cast member... I like Lauren, but it looked like she died, unless she staged it somehow. :)

D.C.
July 1st, 2004, 11:09 PM
The Alias DVDs look pretty cool. A friend at Uni's got Season Two on DVD.

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 12:22 AM
I saw S1 and S2 bloopers, they are just so halrious!

I'm not too sure about if she is going to do movies, it was news from the spoilersite, haha...

D.C.
July 2nd, 2004, 05:30 PM
Well she's tipped to be in that new horror movie.

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 05:37 PM
Which one?

D.C.
July 2nd, 2004, 05:38 PM
The Amityville Horror or whatever...

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 05:48 PM
Hmm haven't heard of it, i'll go search info on it :)

D.C.
July 2nd, 2004, 05:50 PM
That link I posted earlier talks about it, here's another link: http://entertainment.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4459,10027846%255E10431%255E%255Enbv,00.html

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 12:42 AM
Didn't see the link :) Thanks for posting it again though, i wouldn't have scrolled up to search for it, haha...

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 01:41 AM
I've never seen the original Amityville Horror, have you?

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 01:53 AM
I haven't, haha... I never heard there was one, :)

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 02:00 AM
I think it's pretty old. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 02:03 AM
No wonder ;)

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 02:07 AM
What do you hope to see in Season Four of Alias?

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 02:10 AM
I would like to see the return of one of those agents back in the early seasons, i forgot her name, but she was a black agent who was working for the same group that Syd's mom worked for. Something Directorate, or something...

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I think she was suppose to be Syd's rival. She was cool. I hope we see that security chick from the third season back again, the one that the CIA made a deal with so they could get into Sloane's mansion. I think it'll be cool to see Irena again, but Lena Olin doesn't want to. I liked the SD stuff, it'll be interesting to have some stuff revolve around them. (Even though Syd and the CIA stopped them in Season Two. :))

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 02:16 AM
Oh yes, i liked her, i think her name was... Toni Cummings... I want her to come back as well :) I am also wanting Will to return for more guest spots, in S3, his episode he was in was good :)

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 02:18 AM
He might return as a regular. Remember they're thinking of taking show back to basics. :) If they're going to give Syd a personal life, why not bring back some of her old one. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 02:20 AM
I don't think he is, although i would really be happy if he did, it seems like hes busy with his show, Touching Evil, but maybe not...

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 02:21 AM
Yeah, that's right. That show hasn't come to Australia yet. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 02:24 AM
Yah, interesting show :)

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 02:24 AM
What's it about?

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 02:27 AM
Simple and fast:

Main character, David Creegan, dies for like 10 minutes, and coms back alive. He looses a part of his brain that makes him have no shame, which makes him really funny. And yah, i can't explain anymore, because yah, too much to type for me :)

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 02:27 AM
Heh, sounds interesting.

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 02:29 AM
Hehe, and the actor, who plays Will on Alias, his character on Touching Evil is a good character as well, he plays an agent who replaces an agent that went crazy, haha...

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Like I said in the Touching Evil thread, when I went to Los Angeles in February I saw some ads on TV that looked cool. If it is cool, I hope it comes here. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 05:52 PM
Does Australian tv let tv shows use bad words? Cause the show says a few words that are bad, haha...

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
After 8:30 p.m I think shows and movies can. Most shows don't do it, though.

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 10:16 PM
How interesting, haha...

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 10:17 PM
Sounds like a show that will most likely come to Australian cable networks, though.

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
If you guys get Monk or Dead Zone, most likely :)

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 10:20 PM
Our major networks show Monk and The Dead Zone.

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 10:43 PM
Then touching evil should be on the way :) Haha...

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 11:17 PM
Maybe... both Monk and The Dead Zone are on two different networks, and one of the networks treats The Dead Zone like crap. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 11:39 PM
How so? No advertisements? Haha...

D.C.
July 3rd, 2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, as well as the fact that it's barely on. I'm not even sure they showed season two. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 4th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Oh, haha, thats so sad, thats like a really good show!

D.C.
July 4th, 2004, 06:00 PM
It'll make its way to cable soon, though.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Whos looking forward to Alias S4? It seems so far away though :(

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 09:25 AM
January is pretty far away yes, and the end of Season 3 did nothing to help the wait.
Although I am not as excited as I was for the Season 3 premiere. I thought Season 3 was a big let down.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Yah, i know how you feel, although i did like the beginning episodes :) The cliff-hanger was just kind of 'blah', it just shows her crying over some papers that obviously is connected with her dad, maybe it sounds 'omg!!!' to some people, but i'm not one of them. As far as i know, Sark and Lauren will no longer be regulars, although Sark will be recurring, got that from spoilerfix.com :) Anyway, yes, a very long way till January :(

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Wasn't Lauren shot and fell down the giant well? I kinda figured she may not be a regular anymore and good. Didn't like her. It is going to be good not having to wait three weeks for a new episode, and then 2 more..then get two in a row, only to wait 4 more weeks after that. So I guess a January start has advantages.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 04:01 PM
The producers said that even though she got 'shot and fell down the well', she can come back anyway, like what they did with Evil Francie. Yah, i think we weren't supposed to like her, haha...

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I didn't like her at any point during the third season, even when she was supposed to be good. I still think it was due to fan reaction that caused the writers to make her go evil. I missed Francie and Will this season - they need to bring them back.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Too bad we actually 'saw' Francie get shot in the head, :(, or do you mean the Evil Francie, who we 'saw' get stabbed by Will... Haha... Its all crazy... I think Lauren was supposed to be evil from the start, but thats just me :)

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 04:17 PM
If Sydney can lose 2 years of her memory, then I'm sure they can cure a little thing like a gun shot wound to the head, and a little stabbing :)

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 04:20 PM
They would have to do something 'big' to fix that little boo boo to the head then, haha...

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 04:27 PM
In the fourth season they can have the Rambaldi Device do that.
I just hope Alias can revert back to the stellar quality it possessed in Seasons 1 and 2

D.C.
July 8th, 2004, 04:29 PM
I'm definately looking forward to Season Four. Lauren could have some how staged her death. I'm not so sure about Francie, though. (Both evil and good Francie) If I had to add someone to the cast it would be that security expert woman. The one that helped them get past the security system into Sloane's hideout. :)

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 04:35 PM
I liked her! I forget her name. I think she was played by Vivica A. Fox, I think. I just want Irina back! She was so great, her presence was most missed in the third season.

D.C.
July 8th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Yeah, but I don't want them to give in to her and actually pay her the amount she's asking for. That's just insane, considering pretty much no one knew her outside of Alias. :) I think there's a good chance that Will could be back, considering the shows going back to basics, but he's probably happy with a stable job on that other TV show.

Season Four sounds like it'll be cool. It's going back to basics so who knows how that'll go. I like Rambaldi, but I think Season Three gave too much info about him. :)

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 05:08 PM
For the duration of the show it seems like that is all they can discuss. Everything is a means to an end with regards to Rambaldi. I would prefer them to move on to something new.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 05:17 PM
I liked her! I forget her name. I think she was played by Vivica A. Fox, I think. I just want Irina back! She was so great, her presence was most missed in the third season.Her name was Tony Cummings :) If it isn't Tony, i know i got the last name right :) So sad:( Irina won't ever come back, well at least the actress wont :(

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Well if Lena Olin won't come back I'll settle for their chats they had on trillian! I'll take anything at this point.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Haha, yah, i kind of laughed when she blocked Syd's dad :)

D.C.
July 8th, 2004, 10:18 PM
The aunt could be interesting, but right now she's sort of annoying. :)

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Did she turn out to be evil in the end? She was with Lauren right?

D.C.
July 8th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Yeah, she was going to shoot Syd. The gun wasn't loaded though. :)

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Thought so, it's just been so long since watching it, and I have watched so much television in the interim. All the Darevko's seem to be evil, so if she wasn't it would have seemed weird.

D.C.
July 8th, 2004, 10:26 PM
It'll be cool to see what's going on with Sloane and Nadia. :) I wonder if she's going to double cross Sloane. She's working for another country's intelligence agency isn't she? :)

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 10:29 PM
I don't think they mentioned if she was with Lauren or not, but i think she was there on her own agenda.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 10:31 PM
It'll be cool to see what's going on with Sloane and Nadia. :) I wonder if she's going to double cross Sloane. She's working for another country's intelligence agency isn't she? :)Maybe, unless Nadia is actually one of the family members who isn't evil :)

D.C.
July 8th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Well Sloane's pretty bad. What's wrong with double crossing him? If she's working for another country's intelligence agency, she could potentially be allying herself with him to get to the Rambaldi conciousness. :)

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Maybe, unless Nadia is actually one of the family members who isn't evil :)

That's crazy talk! you're crazy :) This is Alias. Everyone's evil in varying degrees. Even St. Vaughn poured acid on that Dr. this year.

D.C.
July 8th, 2004, 10:37 PM
He was going to do it to Lauren as well. :)

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 10:40 PM
He was going to do it to Lauren as well. :)
He should have too. Hate. Her. I heard the main writer J.J. Abrams will be more invovled with season four (he wasn't with season 3 because of a new show he is doing), so a rebound in quality is looking likely. :)

D.C.
July 8th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I've heard that too. He said that he took a step back from the show and could see why Season Three wasn't as well received as the rest. Lauren's pretty decent, but I don't think they should bring her back. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 10:42 PM
I mean, who cares about Vaughn?! Well i dont, that is :) Haha... I was talking about Syd's family, we all know her mom is like 'bad', Syd's dad isn't so 'good' either, haha, Syd's Aunt is a backstabber :rolleyes:, and Nadia, all she has done wrong was... escape that house? Haha...

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I've heard that too. He said that he took a step back from the show and could see why Season Three wasn't as well received as the rest. Lauren's pretty decent, but I don't think they should bring her back. :)I really thought that the episodes that included Toni Cummings were good:) And oh yes, the episode where Will returns, that was a good episode of the season :) Lauren, Lauren, Lauren... They should have let her get shot by that black man, haha... (I forgot his name)

D.C.
July 8th, 2004, 10:46 PM
I thought Season Three was pretty decent. Hopefully Season Four will be as good as Season One and Two. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 10:47 PM
S3, i want to see some bloopers :) Haha...

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Alias bloopers would be interesting. I don't own any of the DVD sets. They always came out on bad dates, when other shows I enjoyed more came out with theirs and took precedence. Season 3 is out R1 in September.

Elwe Singollo
July 8th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Yah, i know how you feel, although i love Alias, i would have to pick my other shows over it (dvd wise) :(

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 11:04 PM
On the good side they are reasonably priced. Like Stargate, but still with so many shows now coming out on DVD it's hard for me to pick and choose.

D.C.
July 13th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Alias is probably my second favourite TV show. :)

AgentX
July 13th, 2004, 11:17 PM
I think at one point it used to be up there for me as well, but now after season 3...Maybe 5

D.C.
July 13th, 2004, 11:18 PM
I didn't think Season Three was that bad. (I admit that Season One and Two were better though. :)) Stargate SG-1 would probably be my favourite. 24's probably my third favourite show. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 14th, 2004, 01:17 AM
I wouldn't know where to place Alias, but somewhere that isn't the bottom or middle :D, because although my favorite shows have ended, Buffy and Angel, they are still my favorite shows :). I guess Alias would be somewhere in the top ten.

D.C.
July 14th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Do you think Alias will be better next season? :)

Elwe Singollo
July 15th, 2004, 06:42 AM
I'm gonna take JJ A.'s word, and look forward a better season, since he usually does say things and do them.

aAnubiSs
July 15th, 2004, 07:36 AM
It can't get any worse=)

D.C.
July 15th, 2004, 05:28 PM
I want some cliffhangers like in Season One. :)

D.C.
July 15th, 2004, 05:28 PM
... and Season Two. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 15th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Wow S1 had cliffhangers from left to right, i was like, what the heck! I was getting sick of those darn cliff-hangers, but it turned out, i loved them later :)

D.C.
July 15th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Nah, I liked them. It hooked you to watch the next week. (Even though I would anyway. :)) I also liked it how each episode flowed on to each other cause they overlapped with those cliffhangers. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 15th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Nobody said you didn't ;) But it would totally hurt you if you missed an episode or two that were both cliff-hangers.

D.C.
July 15th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Heh, true, but you said that you were getting sick of them. :)

It was only pretty much the teaser you'd get confused with. It went to another episode pretty much after the opening credits. :) I liked that episode in season two when they first introduced Project Helix. You know how that chick sang pop goes the weasal before that guy detonated explosives.

LtLisa
July 19th, 2004, 05:35 PM
He should have too. Hate. Her. I heard the main writer J.J. Abrams will be more invovled with season four (he wasn't with season 3 because of a new show he is doing), so a rebound in quality is looking likely. :)

Thank G-d...I started watching with S3 (I watched the Practice, happened to see an episode of Alias and was hooked), so I rented the first few episodes...omg! SOOOO good...S3 was okay, but I sometimes felt like they forgot that it was supposed to be about the CIA not the Syd and Vaugh saga...I like my ship subtle and not to take over the show

we have to wait til January? Do we at least get reruns?

LtLisa
July 19th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Wow S1 had cliffhangers from left to right, i was like, what the heck! I was getting sick of those darn cliff-hangers, but it turned out, i loved them later :)

yup...those cliff hangers where you'd have to watch the first 5 mins or so of the next episode...then, hey, just keep watching...and watching...

Elwe Singollo
July 19th, 2004, 05:37 PM
I thought the show was supposed to be about Sydney, haha... But i think thats why they are waiting to air Alias episodes till January, to not have reruns, a new show, Desperate Housewives, will be in its timeslot till then.

Thoth
July 25th, 2004, 08:16 AM
I never saw Alias season 3 cos Sky One stopped showing it and I didnt have Bravo (I live in Ireland). But, I loved the show and I wanted to see it's third season.

Now we have a full Sky Digital package, so I can watch it on Bravo, but it's half way thru s3 and I dont want to go in half way thru. Do you know if Bravo, or any other UK channel are showing re-runs of it? If so, where is it in the series, how far to the next season, what channel is it on and when?

Thanks.

Matt G
July 26th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Channel 5 will be screening S3 at some point.

D.C.
July 26th, 2004, 02:23 PM
I know that the Season Three DVDs are released towards the end of the year in Australia, you might want to wait it out until then. You won't miss Season Four, considering it's not starting in the U.S. until February. :)

D.C.
July 27th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Channel Seven, the network that shows Alias in Australia, is advertising 'Alias: The Movie' for Thursday night. :) They say on the commerical that it's the movie that started it all and launched the career of Jennifer Garner. All Alias fans know that there hasn't been an Alias movie. I looked in the TV guide and what they've really done is stapled three episodes together. That's pretty screwed up. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 27th, 2004, 04:30 PM
They do that with some other shows too, haha... But yah, i guess they call it a movie, since its a wow 3 hours?! :cool: Well, more like 2 hours and something minutes :rolleyes:

D.C.
July 27th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Law & Order: SVU has double episodes here every week. You don't hear that being advertised as Law & Order: SVU - The Movie. :) (Although they always say 'movie length' episode. :))

DownFallAngel
July 28th, 2004, 02:17 PM
NBC did produce a Law & Order movie though. Sometimes when they say movies, they mean either pilots or season finales. So it could be just the last 2-3 hours of Alias...

Elwe Singollo
July 28th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Law & Order: SVU has double episodes here every week. You don't hear that being advertised as Law & Order: SVU - The Movie. :) (Although they always say 'movie length' episode. :))But in my post, i was referring to three :) Haha, maybe that changes the whole 'movie calling thing' by at least 20 percent, haha...

Benj
August 19th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Does anyone know at all when season 3 of the excellent Alias is released on Region 2? i'm going nuts here waiting to see how this season pans out. loved the first 2 seasons but i'm stuck in britain where this show is not treated with the respect it deserves.

Syrene
August 19th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Last I heard it was october. But I'm not entirely sure.

D.C.
August 19th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Yeah, that's apparently the same time it's going to be released in Region 4.

Elwe Singollo
August 19th, 2004, 02:04 PM
I wonder if S3 dvd will have bloopers like the other 2 dvds :rolleyes: Loved those :D

D.C.
August 19th, 2004, 02:08 PM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-08/19/12.30.film
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-08/19/12.00.tv

The second article mentions the possibility of Will returning in Season Four. If they've already started filming the fourth season, I doubt it'll be as a regular character. I guess Tom Cruise liked Alias. I wonder what Syd found out about Jack. It sounds like it's going to be a decent season. What other characters from Season One and Two do you think might return?

D.C.
August 19th, 2004, 02:09 PM
What sort of bloopers are on the first two DVDs.

Elwe Singollo
August 19th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I think now that Bradley Cooper (Will) is finished with his show that he was starring on for a while on USA, i think his character would be perfect for an appearence everynow and then, i mean, his guest star role in S3 was an episode that was an episode that was pretty much better than anything else in the season. The actress who played Francie said she would want to come back, and according to Eonline, its true, a video clip showed her saying it, so i'm happy :D Common writers and producers, do what the fans want!!! (Well fans being me, haha...)

Elwe Singollo
August 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I am not sure if they were on the dvd, so nevermind, my friend showed me some bloopers on his computer, so i guessed it was from his dvd's, but i don't know. But anyway, it shows alot of scenes where Jennifer Garner messing up with gadgets and stuff, and everything else, haha... It shows that a castmate snorts when laughs, haha...

darkphoenix
August 20th, 2004, 09:45 AM
ooo! :D

I can't wait to see what happens next in the Alias world! I am really interested about what happens with Sloane and Nadia... where they go, what happens...
and Will returns? that should be interesting, after what Syd and Will did that night...
how would they work in Francie's return? true, she has returned from the 'dead' several times now...
I would love for Lena Olin to return, but it sounds like she won't. :( which is too bad, because her character was great!

Elwe Singollo
August 20th, 2004, 03:51 PM
According to spoilerfix.com, Nadia and Sydney will be roommates, that sounds interesting :D And it would be so much fun to see the never dying Francie, haha... Well i guess right now, we can call her dead until we hear anything about the actress's return to the show...

D.C.
September 10th, 2004, 02:35 PM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-09/10/11.30.tv

I didn't want to start a new Alias thread, so I thought I'd use this one. That article has information about a new character guest starring in Season Four of Alias.

Elwe Singollo
September 18th, 2004, 12:09 AM
According to scifi, http://scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-09/15/12.00.tv,
He will be back as Will in Alias :) :D

Supreme Commander Thor
September 18th, 2004, 12:13 AM
According to scifi, http://scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-09/15/12.00.tv,
He will be back as Will in Alias :) :D
Sweet! I wish they could have worked him in more last season... he was always an interesting character!

aeromathlete
September 18th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Score! I loved Bradley Cooper as Will Tippin! Can't wait to see him again...whenever he returns. :)

Elwe Singollo
September 18th, 2004, 01:06 AM
I rather have him with Sydney than Vaugh :rolleyes: But newho, i'm sad for his other show, Touching Evil :(

keshou
September 18th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Yay! I loved Will and really felt the loss of those characters who kind of kept Sydney's life grounded outside her work. Hopefully he'll be an integral part of the storyline and not just "supportive friend".

Elwe Singollo
September 19th, 2004, 05:10 PM
I did like Will's story working in the CIA along with the other cast, except our beloved Francie :( But newho, yah, i'm happy that Alias will be repeat-free and in midseason, because i'm looking forward to the show thats taking its place till January.

Supreme Commander Thor
September 19th, 2004, 07:04 PM
But newho, yah, i'm happy that Alias will be repeat-free and in midseason, because i'm looking forward to the show thats taking its place till January.
What show is that?

Elwe Singollo
September 19th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Desperate Housewives, its a gender that i usually don't watch, but i've seen the pilot, and its actually interesting :)

D.C.
November 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM
This isn't the first thread I've started about Season Four, but the last one was from a while ago, so I figured it's about time we get a new thread. It's scheduled to return to the U.S. in January and we're expecting it in Australia in February. There's been some spoilers and rumours about Season Four of Alias. If you don't want to be spoiled, then don't read the spoilers. :)

- Sydney and Nadia are supposively room mates.
- Syd is going to join an undercover off-shoot area of the CIA
- A character is supposively going to die. (I've read that it's not going to be Vaughn or Marshall.)
- The person that takes control of the CIA is apprently related to Syd.
- Syd apparently gets fired from the CIA after a mission goes wrong.

Season Three was okay at the beginning, and pretty good towards the end. It wasn't as good as Season One and Two, though. Season Four looks like it has the potential to be awesome. I hear Lost is awesome as well. (Hopefully it will premiere around the same time as the Alias Season Premiere in Austraila. :))

Elwe Singollo
November 6th, 2004, 11:09 PM
I'm scared, well not really, haha, but i have a puzzled brain. Where is ABC going to place Alias, since Desperate Housewives seems to be getting a full season, its going to stay in the spot, but i would love if Alias went to Wednesdays, where Lost is :D

D.C.
November 7th, 2004, 03:33 AM
I don't know about the U.S. schedule, but I hope Alias is paired up with Lost on Australian TV as well. Right now it's paired up with 24. :)

Lord Zedd
November 9th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I'm waiting to season 3 will be aired perhaps can you tell me a little about it

Wass
November 9th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Where are _Anubis I'v sean season 3 and was disappointed by it overall and season 1 was by far the best.

D.C.
November 9th, 2004, 01:21 PM
There's some major spoilers from early Season Three in this post: After Syd collapsed after battling evil Francie in the Season Two finale, she comes to in Hong Kong. She's wearing different clothes, has a gash, and can't remember where she is and what she is doing. She phones the CIA and they direct her to a safe house where she learns that she has been missing for a couple of years and they assumed she was dead. Vaughn breaks the news that he is married to Lauren Reed, a senator's daughter. Syd makes it a mission to regain her CIA credentials and find out where she was when she was missing. That becomes a season long story arc.

Some people don't like Season Three at all, because of the massive changes to the show, I guess. I thought it was okay towards the beginning of the season and gradually improved until the Season Finale. It's a worthy season and I'm definately looking forward to Season Four's premiere. :)

Elwe Singollo
November 9th, 2004, 03:19 PM
The only thing (well maybe there are a few other things) that i didn't like about the 3rd season finale, was that the cliff-hanger didn't seem as 'omg omg omg' as S2's.

Lord Zedd
November 10th, 2004, 08:39 AM
There's some major spoilers from early Season Three in this post: After Syd collapsed after battling evil Francie in the Season Two finale, she comes to in Hong Kong. She's wearing different clothes, has a gash, and can't remember where she is and what she is doing. She phones the CIA and they direct her to a safe house where she learns that she has been missing for a couple of years and they assumed she was dead. Vaughn breaks the news that he is married to Lauren Reed, a senator's daughter. Syd makes it a mission to regain her CIA credentials and find out where she was when she was missing. That becomes a season long story arc.

Some people don't like Season Three at all, because of the massive changes to the show, I guess. I thought it was okay towards the beginning of the season and gradually improved until the Season Finale. It's a worthy season and I'm definately looking forward to Season Four's premiere. :)
thanks D.C. hope to see it soon :D

D.C.
November 10th, 2004, 02:32 PM
It's just been released on DVD if you're interested.

Elwe Singollo
November 10th, 2004, 03:26 PM
OO, i wonder if there's bloopers, i love Alias bloopers, especially from S1 ;)

aeromathlete
November 10th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Season 4 spoiler:Syd getting fired from the CIA makes a lot of sense, actually. The Rambaldi storyline can never seriously be considered something the real CIA would even delve into, no matter how screwed up the system can be. It was sooo not the CIA after season 2. If they can move the sci-fi aspects away from the CIA and separate that from real intelligence work, that would be a little more on-track. I was slightly disappointed by Season 3, partially because I thought the ideas being presented were absolutely preposterous. But it was still kinda fun to watch, and I'm really looking forward to Season 4, since it seems like this season might have a little more common sense.

Elwe Singollo
November 10th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Season 4 spoiler:Syd getting fired from the CIA makes a lot of sense, actually. The Rambaldi storyline can never seriously be considered something the real CIA would even delve into, no matter how screwed up the system can be. It was sooo not the CIA after season 2. If they can move the sci-fi aspects away from the CIA and separate that from real intelligence work, that would be a little more on-track. I was slightly disappointed by Season 3, partially because I thought the ideas being presented were absolutely preposterous. But it was still kinda fun to watch, and I'm really looking forward to Season 4, since it seems like this season might have a little more common sense.I know what u meant by, "preposterous", one big example for me would be the whole mask thing, near the end of the season. That was kind of stupid, kind of funny really, haha... I'm scared... a person who wasn't a regular last year will die this year, but Kristen from Eonline tells us its not Sark or Katya, i hope it isnt one of my favorite characters that finally returning to the show!!!

aeromathlete
November 15th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Not exactly Alias-related, but I just saw a trailer for Elektra and it looks quite a bit better than Daredevil, IMO. Okay, just a tidbit for the Garner fans.

aeromathlete
November 15th, 2004, 03:33 AM
I know what u meant by, "preposterous", one big example for me would be the whole mask thing, near the end of the season. That was kind of stupid, kind of funny really, haha... I'm scared... a person who wasn't a regular last year will die this year, but Kristen from Eonline tells us its not Sark or Katya, i hope it isnt one of my favorite characters that finally returning to the show!!!

Actually Sark was a regular on Season 3. That's why he was grossly overused to the point of comedy. I do share your ultimate Alias-related fear, though. LOL. I tend to think they might be talking about someone who was even more absent from Season 3 than the character you're referring to, given that this character is extremely unlikely to ever return.

D.C.
November 15th, 2004, 02:31 PM
I don't really like Sark. He was decent and mysterious in Season One, but the more we found out about him, the more I didn't like his character. Maybe Nadia? But she's a regular this year.

Elwe Singollo
November 15th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I didn't really care for Sark, if his character was on screen, i would just get bored, and wait for Sydney to come back :) Haha...

D.C.
November 15th, 2004, 06:01 PM
I liked the Lauren/Sark alliance, though. Especially when Lauren thought that Sark was going to kill her in the parking garage in one of the later episodes.

aeromathlete
November 15th, 2004, 07:49 PM
I fear for Will Tippin and Irina's characters. Those are two slots with high chances of biting the dust, especially if Lena Olin is unwilling to return.

Elwe Singollo
November 15th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I think they won't kill Irina, if they were going to do it, they should have done it last season, when she didn't make no appearences, haha... But forget her, i don't want Will to die!!!

Elwe Singollo
November 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91856|1|,00.html

It states that Alias will be moving from Sunday nights to Wednesday nights :) Yay, a full night of something to watch :)

joshing123
November 16th, 2004, 03:03 PM
You're too fast! Here's the relevant part of the article for those who want it.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91856|1|,00.html

ABC Teams 'Alias' with 'Lost' for Midseason
(Tuesday, November 16 02:02 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "Desperate Housewives" has become a runaway hit for ABC this season in the Sunday timeslot formerly occupied by "Alias." That's created a bit of a dilemma -- albeit one any network would like to have -- when it came to finding a new home for the spy series.
ABC will solve that problem by pairing "Alias" with its other freshman smash, "Lost," on Wednesday nights beginning Jan. 5. Both shows are executive produced by J.J. Abrams, and ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson is hoping that link will help "Alias" break beyond its cult-show status in the ratings.

"When we made the strategic decision this fall on 'Alias,' we only hoped to be in the situation we find ourselves in today," McPherson says. "'Lost' provides a terrific platform for 'Alias'' new season. Not only do both shows have similar audience profiles ... but they also share J.J.'s unique sensibility. This is a great two-hour block of programming."

"Alias" will open its fourth season with a two-hour premiere at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday, Jan. 5. ABC is sticking to its plan to air the show without repeats through the rest of the season, which would put its season finale near the end of May sweeps.

<snipped>

keshou
November 16th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Yay! Thanks for the news.

I was hoping they'd put "Alias" after "Lost". I think it's a great move. :D

Elwe Singollo
November 16th, 2004, 03:36 PM
It is, huh, i am feeling good about ABC this year, well except their reality programming, haha...

D.C.
November 16th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Let's hope they do the same in Australia when Lost and Alias Season Four premieres in February.

keshou
November 16th, 2004, 03:41 PM
It is, huh, i am feeling good about ABC this year, well except their reality programming, haha...
Yes I'm relieved that "The Bachelor" won't be following "Lost" anymore. I've accidentally watched it a few times when I've left the TV on. :eek:

Elwe Singollo
November 16th, 2004, 03:52 PM
That show has lost like a lot of steam, so has every other reality show (unfortunately not Survivor, but it will soon, its getting old and annoying). But anyway, hopefully Alias can get better ratings than it did on Sunday nights than last season :) (Although i'm really looking forward to the new stuff thats comming :)!)

D.C.
November 16th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I've been watching Season Two repeats of Alias on TV and it's an awesome season. I hope Season Four is as good as Season Two was.

aeromathlete
November 17th, 2004, 01:52 AM
I watched the ending of Season Three again the other day with some friends. Man, Vaughn was psycho! But it was kinda nice to see Lauren meet a fitting demise. ;)

D.C.
November 17th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Most Australians know her for her roles in Australian TV... It took a bit of getting use to Lauren.

Elwe Singollo
November 21st, 2004, 08:22 PM
Ahh! I was watching Desperate Housewives, and during break, i saw an Alias preview!!! I have missed it soooo- much :( The clips it showed looked good :), good as in, wow, with all the new costumes/alias's that was shown (or maybe it was old ones, but it looked new). Now... How am i going to wait another month or so :(

D.C.
November 21st, 2004, 08:44 PM
Sounds good. :)

yaaayoubetcha
November 22nd, 2004, 06:31 AM
alias and elektra all in one month......it's gonna be good month.....

Wass
November 22nd, 2004, 06:34 AM
Any body know the date when season 4 starts airing.

D.C.
November 22nd, 2004, 01:42 PM
I think it's the 5th of January in the U.S.

Elwe Singollo
November 22nd, 2004, 02:21 PM
W/O REPEATS!!! :) I can't wait, haha...

Elwe Singollo
November 22nd, 2004, 09:23 PM
Ok, just finished reading most of Eonline's Kristin columns, and it says...

Will is not the one to die:)

aeromathlete
November 23rd, 2004, 03:50 PM
Yay! I'm happy about that, then! Probably some character inconsequential.

Shipperahoy
November 23rd, 2004, 05:41 PM
Personally I think they are going to kill off

Irina. Kristen has said that it's not Will, Dixon, Vaughan, Marshall, or Wiess and that it is a character that was not on the show last season. I think since Lena Olin has made it clear that she won't return that they're going to kill off her character. And there is a spoiler that there is a plotline involving Irina this year but that we don't actually see her.

Elwe Singollo
November 23rd, 2004, 08:14 PM
Personally I think they are going to kill off

Irina. Kristen has said that it's not Will, Dixon, Vaughan, Marshall, or Wiess and that it is a character that was not on the show last season. I think since Lena Olin has made it clear that she won't return that they're going to kill off her character. And there is a spoiler that there is a plotline involving Irina this year but that we don't actually see her.I thought of the possibility of that, but if it does happen, i think it would be for the best, so that people who don't look up interviews, articles, spoilerpages, etc can finally know that she may not come back, after a year of absence.