Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing favorite TV actors on another show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing favorite TV actors on another show...

Does anyone here like it when a regular from one TV show pops up on another show? For me, it's usually a regular on one show guest starring on another show. Sometimes, an actor playing a regular on one show will pop on on another, but I don't see that happen very much. I don't follow actors from show to show.

Today, for example, I discovered that the actress playing Mimi Clark in Jericho had played Voyager's original helmsman in a very small role in the first episode, ten years before Jericho. (run on sentence, I know) I love picking up on this.

Take Firefly for example, the cast is all over the place! For example; the actor that played the captain is starring in Castle, the actress that played Inarra was the prime villain in SG-1's final season, and Summer Glau had a starring role in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Sure. Last year I was re-watching the first series of First Wave, which I hadn't seen since its initial airing. I got to one particular episode involving drag-racing, and thought "Hey, that's Major Lorne. And he's playing a drag-racing bad-ass alien invader. Cool."

And then Cade Foster from First Wave later showed up in Dark Angel. Little things like that always pique my interest.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

I do always enjoy figuring out where I've seen an actor before though I´ll admit it drives me crazy when I can't put me finger on where I know them from

Just last night I was re-watching the third episode of the Dresden files and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I knew the guest actress from and in the end I had to use the internet to find out.

One of my favorite thing in this regard is with shows produced in Canada as they tend to cast from the same pool of actors and it's always fun to see the same actors pop up all over the place

Comment

Oh sure. I loved seeing Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun in DS9 and Shran in Enterprise) play a telepath in Babylon 5, for example.
        sigpic

Comment

I always like it when I notice an actor from a show I like, guest starring/starring on another show. Sometimes, if know that an actor is going to guest star on a certain show, I'll try to watch the episode that they're going to appear in, even if I don't normally watch the series.

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
          I do always enjoy figuring out where I've seen an actor before though I´ll admit it drives me crazy when I can't put me finger on where I know them from

Just last night I was re-watching the third episode of the Dresden files and it was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I knew the guest actress from and in the end I had to use the internet to find out.

One of my favorite thing in this regard is with shows produced in Canada as they tend to cast from the same pool of actors and it's always fun to see the same actors pop up all over the place
          I'm the same lol. It drives me crazy when I recognize an actor from someplace, but don't quite know from what other show.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X