Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd Love To See A Dedicated Folder For ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd Love To See A Dedicated Folder For ...

In keeping with last season's thread, here's a poll on the new crop of sci-fi, fantasy, and comic book shows and a simple question:

Which would you like to see get a dedicated discussion folder here at GateWorld Forum? Which do you think you'd actively participate in?

Vote for as many as you want in the poll above, and post below if you have anything to say (or other series to suggest). As in the past, there is no guarantee that the top vote-getters will receive a dedicated folder. But an important part of the decision hinges on what you guys want and how many of you would actually make use of it. Last year we added folders for shows like Falling Skies and Grimm based on your feedback.

Thanks!
    Being Human
    11.59%
    Defiance
    10.14%
    Haven
    23.19%
    Lost Girl
    7.25%
    Primeval (+ New World)
    18.84%
    Revolution
    20.29%
    The Vampire Diaries
    8.70%
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Merlin, Primeval and Continuum get my votes.
    Would be nice to see a Merlin thread as its doing well on the BBC against tough competition, and it came tied 2nd in the last poll too...
    But no confirmation on a sixth series and it was only meant to run for five, and its on its fifth season...
    Only time can tell...

Comment

Haven, please.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

It would be good to have a separate section for 'Merlin' as there would be threads where there wouldn't be spoilers for the current season. Still waiting on season 5 to be aired in Canada, so whilst I like to discuss the show it's difficult when many have seen certain episodes and I avoid spoilers like the plague!

The same is true for 'Continuum', but the other way round for those in the UK and US! It's nice to chat about all aspects of the show and not having to worry about spoiling it for some, even when trying to be considerate with using spoiler tags.

I will be giving Primeval -New World a go and revisiting the original BBC version, so a section for that would be great.

Comment

I like the British version of Being Human.
          I voted for Primeval, then looking down the thread, I'm now wondering...did the US make a version of Primeval?
          Revlolution just started here this week. I've seen the pilot and first show....so far so good!
          sigpic

Comment

The only shows I'd suggest are Jericho, Surface, and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. All three were serials, and they all left a lot of questions, allowing for a lot of discussion. I don't know if there's enough interest on these forums to warrant forums for the shows, but... those are my suggestions. I don't watch anything current on TV except the news.

Comment

i voted for The Vampire Diaries

Maybe Defiance and Arrow/Revolution if they do well
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                It would be good to have a separate section for 'Merlin' as there would be threads where there wouldn't be spoilers for the current season. Still waiting on season 5 to be aired in Canada, so whilst I like to discuss the show it's difficult when many have seen certain episodes and I avoid spoilers like the plague!

The same is true for 'Continuum', but the other way round for those in the UK and US! It's nice to chat about all aspects of the show and not having to worry about spoiling it for some, even when trying to be considerate with using spoiler tags.

I will be giving Primeval -New World a go and revisiting the original BBC version, so a section for that would be great.
                Wow, after a few years on this forum, finally managed how to multi quote...
                What Ive found on this forum is that people are very good with spoiler tagging threads and posts, so I don't think there's too much worry of people purposefully posting spoilers in general threads/threads that aren't tagged as spoilerous.
                And + just because they air at different times doesn't mean people don't want to re discuss an episode.
                The Walking Dead doesn't air at the same time, but I'm still in that sub forum all the time and I haven't been spoiled once and join in plenty of discussion.
                Also, in the General TV section, there's NCIS (current season airing in January in UK) and Person of Interest (UK is a season behind) I'm watching and again, haven't been spoiled yet and again, join in discussion.
                So I don't think that would be a problem.

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                The only shows I'd suggest are Jericho, Surface, and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. All three were serials, and they all left a lot of questions, allowing for a lot of discussion. I don't know if there's enough interest on these forums to warrant forums for the shows, but... those are my suggestions. I don't watch anything current on TV except the news.
                But these programmes are all cancelled? Ok, there may be speculative conversation on how a show could have continued, but does that need a sub forum? Id say a thread is enough for that...

Comment

Oh god. No more. Please? Or st least stick a few more in the archives?
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                    Oh god. No more. Please? Or st least stick a few more in the archives?
                    this is my vote.

I love the way the Revolution thread is now. a constant stream of insights and conversation about the episodes as they air. easy to follow. conversations about the show go on.

separate folders allow for a litany of stupid "what if" threads to be made, instead of just a steady stream of legit conversation.

which is what I've always said.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      But these programmes are all cancelled? Ok, there may be speculative conversation on how a show could have continued, but does that need a sub forum? Id say a thread is enough for that...
                      Yes, they are cancelled. I don't bother with anything currently on TV except the news. Darren asked for suggestions, those are my suggestions.

Comment

We archive shows when the show goes off the air and conversation slows to a crawl. There are a couple of candidates for archiving in the next few months, but by and large what we have now stays fairly active.

Many shows (especially new series people are still getting to know) really do best as a single, forward-moving thread. It's when that thread starts to splinter into various lines of discussion and overlapping episode discussion that a folder with dedicated threads for each episode really becomes necessary.

On the other hand, part of my logic is to support some newer shows by giving them lots of space to grow before they actually need it.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

To be fair, taking a quick look down the list, the only one I see as a vialbe canditate for archive would be Firefly and maybe BSG.

Not that I don't like Firefly, but the only activity there seems to be a whole lot of 'first to fifty' quote games.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Primeval and Haven and Continuum, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                              To be fair, taking a quick look down the list, the only one I see as a vialbe canditate for archive would be Firefly and maybe BSG.

Not that I don't like Firefly, but the only activity there seems to be a whole lot of 'first to fifty' quote games.
                              Indeed. There certainly wasn't anything else when I watched the show earlier this year. That said, the archive isn't a death sentence, since the forums aren't locked, just taken off the main index.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X