Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Dwarf X reviews and thoughts. (Beware of spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Dwarf X reviews and thoughts. (Beware of spoilers)

I have been a fan of the show since 1988 and looked forward to seeing the new series. The first episode "Trojan" has now been aired on Dave.

Much as I hate to say this, I came to the end of the episode feeling vaguely disappointed. Although well executed and produced, I found the storyline and dialogue a little forced. The show was amusing and worth viewing but, for me, there were no laugh out loud moments.
    sigpic

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7702-Red-Dwarf
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

SB's thread can stay unmerged.

Not everyone may want to fill up on news and spoilers from the older seasons and specials for the show,and also the request's been made (LINK) for Darren to consider adding a Red Dwarf Section to the ScifiStream folders.

To help Darren gauge new/existing interest : let's see how this thread and the main one fare.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Fun Fun Fun in the Sun Sun Sun.

I thought it was very funny. I have to disagree with SeaBee, I was laughing out loud.

Spoiler:
        Moose and Lateral thinking, Losing before your ready to win, the hole stirmaster bit, Kryten Krtyinski I could go on.

it was nice to see the Simulants back, and of course she was evil in the end , I like to think it was a few weeks with Howard that drove her to it. and of course Howard was a vending machine repairman
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Was hilarious, loved it. They were on top form, was like they never left the series.

Comment

It was good (thankfully), not as good as the first 6 series but so much better than 7,8 and Back to earth.
            sigpic

Comment

I have to say that I felt it was a mistake for Dave to show a bunch of series 4 episodes straight after "Trojan". It reminded me how good the earlier shows were, and highlighted the differences between now and then.
              sigpic

Comment

Got to say, I came out of the first episode feeling a little 'meh'. There was some OK jokes in there. The pay off to the moose bit with Cat. 'No we just hosed him down and gave him a hat'

But it wasn't brilliant. The characters all seem to have reverted to their early series characters rather than being older and maturer as Back To Earth seemed to emphasis. (one of the things it did right)
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Episode 2 "Fathers and Suns"

This was a definite improvement on "Trojan". Everybody seems more relaxed and the jokes seemed to flow better. I loved the father and son chat Lister had with himself.

I didn't particularly like the mad computer though. A little too manic and overplayed from the get-go for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

ben watching some red Red Dwarf ep that were up loaded to you tube, so far, while it is at best mildly entertaining, I guess I just don't et the big attraction.

Comment

well I watched all 10 seasons, at least all that were there on the tubes, and, while there were a few decent chuckles throughout the shows, I still found it, at best, mildly entertaining, I thought that the episodes of Stephen universe were more entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X