Seriously now, what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously now, what next?

I've watched SG1, nearly finished SGA, SGU will be next, then what...

I've done all of B5 apart from the films and Crusade.

I've done all of BSG and Caprica.

I've ran out of ideas what to watch next, everything that I have liked over the last 10 or so years has ended up cancelled

Doctor Who, Blake's 7, Space 1999, UFO...

Comment

Dr Who isn't the sort of thing I can see myself watching all of, I prefer the arc/character driven stuff thats more in line with what I have watched previously, the rest are old stuff are they not?

Comment

Modern Doctor Who is more character-driven than SG-1/Atlantis, and the Smith/Moffat era is about as arc-driven.

Farscape? DS9?

Comment

I was going to say, in the Christopher Eccestone Doctor Who there is a great arc in the Bad Wolf thing.

Blake's 7 is one whole massive arc.
          What about Farscape?

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
            Sliders
            First Wave
            Earth 2
            Dark Angel
            Earth Final Conflict
            Lost
            The Last Train
            The X Files
            Fringe
            Might also be useful to know what you like.
            Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
              I've watched SG1, nearly finished SGA, SGU will be next, then what...

I've done all of B5 apart from the films and Crusade.

I've done all of BSG and Caprica.

I've ran out of ideas what to watch next, everything that I have liked over the last 10 or so years has ended up cancelled
              I'd recommend...

Firefly (15 episodes + 1 movie)
              Jericho (29 episodes)
              Star Trek (80 episodes + 7 movies)
              Star Trek: The Next Generation (178 episodes + 4 movies)
              Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (176 episodes)
              Star Trek: Voyager (172 episodes)
              Star Trek: Enterprise (98 episodes)
              Surface (15 episodes)
              Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (31 episodes, based on the first two movies)

Most shows I like are episodic rather than arc driven, but from the above... Jericho and Surface play out like serials. Though The Sarah Connor Chronicles has very tight storylines, there are a number of stand-alone episodes, so it's not a straight up serial.

Star Trek had a few attempts at story arcs. DS9 had a lot of story arcs, but it was largely an episodic show. The only times it went into full on serial mode was the beginning of the sixth season and the final 10 episodes of the show. Enterprise had a year-long serial for the third season followed by a fourth season of two-parters and trilogies, some stories following up prior stories.

Comment

All the star treks
                doctor who
                lost
                terminator the sarah connor chronicles
                smallville
                supernatural
                fringe

kinda not sci fi but still great shows to watch

game of thrones
                the walking dead
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Farscape is aweeeeeeeesome.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Doctor Who - 789 episodes and still going from strength to strength. I seriously doubt Doctor Who will ever be cancelled. Rested yes. Cancelled no.

Comment

Another one popping in to recommend Farscape Also, The X-Files is amazing and will keep you entertained for a looong time (9 seasons + 2 movies).
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                        I seriously doubt Doctor Who will ever be cancelled. Rested yes. Cancelled no.
                        It was cancelled in 1989, not rested. I seriously doubt the 2005 revival was anticipated in 1989.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          It was cancelled in 1989, not rested. I seriously doubt the 2005 revival was anticipated in 1989.
                          Probably not, but I think the idea is that it even if it's canceled, it won't stay that way.
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                            Dr Who isn't the sort of thing I can see myself watching all of, I prefer the arc/character driven stuff thats more in line with what I have watched previously, the rest are old stuff are they not?
                            Doctor Who is definitely arc driven, Season Five onwards is great stuff and some of my favorite moments in any television show ever.

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                              Probably not, but I think the idea is that it even if it's canceled, it won't stay that way.
                              Wishful thinking. I would think of the 2005 revival as an exception to the rule, not something to expect from other TV shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X