Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps we can do a little quiz or so for the mini ship day? Maybe somebody can post a Sam / Jack picture and we need to guess what episode it is from. Or a quote or so?? Perhaps we have a award for the best Sam/ Jack picture or scene
    Lord Zedd

Comment

I noticed a couple of pages back that folks were talking about what would be involved in getting RDA to do phoners to keep the Ship alive. I can tell you from personal professional experience that.....

Phone calls with RDA would be very easy to do without interferring too much with his schedule. Most broadcast facilities and studios have equalized phone lines or use devices called Comrexes, that provide broadcast quality sound over phone lines. They're used in remote broadcasts like ball games, for instance. They could just get RDA to go by a studio somewhere in L. A. and record a few lines.....or even install an equalized line at his house, if they wanted.

Technically, it's very doable, at a minimum of effort for him. Cross your fingers!
      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 18 April 2005, 11:21 AM. Reason: RL

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
        Perhaps we can do a little quiz or so for the mini ship day? Maybe somebody can post a Sam / Jack picture and we need to guess what episode it is from. Or a quote or so?? Perhaps we have a award for the best Sam/ Jack picture or scene
        I'm for all for that idea! I've already got an image selected. Maybe the award could be a gold-plated trophy of Jack and Sam embracing each other.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Finally, finally caught up

Firstly

Welcome Patsbabe!

Ya snook in when I wasn't lookin' I love your idea of a scene between Sam & Teal'c! I sat here trying to do the eyebrow thing and getting strange looks from the kids

BtS. One of my fave shippy eps....

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.Enabled
          To see that SG-1 was still the same characters we know and love despite supposedly having their memory/personality stamped out really says a lot.
          I'm with you Hex. I *love* the way Sam & Jack are together. No regs, no personal hangups, just two people feeling feelings. *happy shippy sigh*

I can look at Sam's head on Jack's shoulder pic all day long. Despite their circumstances, they find real peace and contentment together. Their interaction is just great. I agree wholeheartedly with suekay *nods head vigourously*. Very important part of any relationship is enjoying daily interaction - convos, jokes, cuddles....

Just ignore me, I'm rambling now
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Spoiler:

I think it's more Jack saying good-bye to the SGC and taking his new position. I feel really sad that AT won't be there as a member of the team to say good-bye to RDA, but I have to believe that we will see something between Sam/Jack on-screen...if only a phone call. They could still film those scenes with RDA in advance and add them in editing to AT's.

At least that's what I'm hoping.
            Crossing fingers, eyes, toes...
            Kat
            I'm sitting here thinking would there have been a
            Spoiler:
            nice Jack/Sam in person scene if AT hadn't had to miss those first episodes? Butfrom the track record of TPTB I kinda think we wouldn't have had much, if any. And if there would have been, it would have been something that could be taken several ways, as usual. BTW, I would never begrudge the birth of a baby for anything doing with a TV show(just in case anyone gets that impression). But like you, I hope for some sort of connection set up.

Comment

It wouldn't be much for Sam to be standing on base...phone in hand...talking to Jack...RDA wouldn't even need to be involved.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

[QUOTE=sueKay]Lunar - OT

I never knew that...I thought the fees were waivered up here.

Though there is more financial support...I don't know how much bursary money English students get, but if if I get to Uni, my support bursary os over £3000 ($5000). I think English and Welsh Students are entitled to hardship funding as they've moved away.

Anyway ON-topic

I've just watched the ending of Beneath the Surface

Sam: Yes sir
                Jack:...'sir'
                both look sad
                Jack: let's go home
                Sam: Yes sir[/QUOTEI

I hope things work out for you. Best of luck. However, as an American ,I'm curious. What is the difference between University and Uni?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  I know...BtS is an amazing episode...so shippy...so angsty

I love all the little convos like 'how was your day?'

'have a nice shift'

'I think his name is Homer'

lol

I also watched Beneath the surface today and didn't they hold hands right at the beginning when they go to the meeting ...they listen to what they have to say just before getting some food and the bread Well when the woman finishes talking Sam and Jack head for the food and it seems like they were holding hands and Sam releases it from Jack ..I mean ..it's quick so don't blink or you won't see it ...but I saw something ..I think I need to rewatch it again tonight just in case I 'm wrong but it did look like it to me .

Caty

Comment

Gatetrixer - OT - University and Uni are the same thing

Anywho...I'm back in my writing groove!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

*does the shipper salsa*

g2g

Suz
                    xxxxx
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      However, as an American ,I'm curious. What is the difference between University and Uni?
                      Uni is just short for University. Do Americans not shorten it to Uni? *confused*

Also, to SueKay I wish you the best of luck with future Uni applications. I've applied this year, it's a taxing process, I know!

I'll second (or third or fourth or whatever place I'm at) BtS. I think I loved it so much because the shippy stuff kinda came from its own place (i.e. SG-1 not reporting back and being kidnapped doesn't automatically = shippy) and yet it played into the story sooo well. To see that SG-1 was still the same characters we know and love despite supposedly having their memory/personality stamped out really says a lot. Especially about the ship. It really said how much these two people belonged together to me.
                      I have to completely agree. I adore BtS, one of my favourite episodes. It really shows how S&J would be together if they could. They are also just utterly adorable as Jonah and Thera, and so natural is their relationship that they feel things even when their memories have been taken... *shippy sigh*
                      Uncontrolled Destiny
                      My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        <snip>
                        Spoiler:
                        We may even hear some nice things like Barrett asking her " really , is it really serious between you too ?!" and we all know what Sam will say ...She may even say "I love him and have done so for a long time " blablabla ..

<snip>
                        Caty
                        I also think that there's a good chance that
                        Spoiler:
                        Orlin and Barrett's
                        appearances could in a nuanced kind of way work to reinforce the Sam/Jack ship...but I believe it will be alot more subtle than that...

I see something like this:

Spoiler:
                        Barrett
                        and Sam are talking over whatever it is they're working on together...Sam heads over to the computer and starts typing...
                        Spoiler:
                        Barrett
                        sees this as an opportunity to spark a conversation:

Spoiler:
                        Barrett
                        : So, uh, I noticed you're not wearing a ring.
                        Sam (surprised at his bluntness): No...no I'm not.
                        Spoiler:
                        Barrett
                        (hems and haws a little): You know, that dinner invitation is still open.
                        Sam (turns to face him, humored by his poor sense of timing, and then turns back to the computer): Sorry,
                        Spoiler:
                        Barrett
                        , but I'm involved with someone.
                        Spoiler:
                        Barrett
                        (a little embarrassed): Oh, really? Same guy as before?
                        Sam (tersely, hoping the conversation ends sooner rather than later): No.
                        Spoiler:
                        Barrett
                        (feeling uneasy, but in too deep to let it drop just yet): So, um, is it serious?
                        Sam (grinning coyly): You might say that.
                        Sam and
                        Spoiler:
                        Barrett
                        exchange an awkward glance before they continue working.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Gatetrixer - OT - University and Uni are the same thing

Anywho...I'm back in my writing groove!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

*does the shipper salsa*

g2g

Suz
                          xxxxx
                          Ok, I thought you said you weren't going to University but you were going to Uni. So thought it was two diff things.

Comment

Originally posted by sierragulf_gurl_23
                            We should definitely have a mini-ship day. Anybody else agrees?
                            I agree
                            Okay we need shippy cookies, cake, penguins anything else

Comment

hiya guys,

wow i'm so busy lately i havent been able to come on as often as i like!

Big thanks to Caty who PM me thanks i'm loving your work soooo much!!

i haven't had time to catch up on posts so thats what i'll be doing over the next 2 days so i can stay updated here i need more time to talk to my shipper family.

I havent even updated myself on the episodes,God so busy i didn't realise they had a new series of ALIAS till last night so i'm not happy that i missed 3 episodes like that would ever happen when stargate is on i don't think so!!

right will be back later or tomorrow so shipper hugs to every-onexx

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Uber.....your scenario sounds very probable! That's just how I would expect them to handle it.

Hello, out there, fellow shippers. I am still waiting for someone who was at Gatecon to post SOMETHING about the S/J ship. I'm sure everyone with the show was sworn to secrecy, but was there not a smile, a raised eyebrow, a vague, "I don't think you'll be disappointed."?????????? Nothing? Please, someone, spill the beans!

Comment

Working...
                                X