X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    I so agree with your post.
    Spoiler:
    Instead of using Grace to point Sam in the wrong direction, they should have used it to strenghten hers and Jacks relationship. The ship was there at the end of season 7, but it sunk when Jack ran out of the engine room. Heroes, Death Knell, Evolution all had major ship moments. Pete should have been a 1 ep fling. Why not, Jack has his flings. Your right season 8 would have been so much better without the tension between Jack and Sam.
    I agree with both of you.
    I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
    Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
    *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
    Jack: If only...
    (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      (((((Shipper Family))))))...
      I think we should have a mini-ship day...kinda like a smaller version of the main July event...whadaya all think????
      We should definitely have a mini-ship day. Anybody else agrees?
      I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
      Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
      *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
      Jack: If only...
      (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by patsbabe
        You know what would be cool. if they redid the sceane from 801 wth Sam & Tealc. Where T. Asks how is O'Neill and instead of having to think and justify her relationship like she did when he asked about pete sam just goes of into a babble of how happy she is untill she gets embarsed about talking so freely to T. and he just does his eyebrow lift while trying not to laugh at her.and says indeed! God they could make that so funny if they wanted to!
        This would be a great scene to have.
        sigpic

Comment

(((((Shipper Family))))))

Thank you for all the hugs and all the green

Tracey - It's becoming more and more difficult for people to get into University up here in Scotland. Scotland's the one part of the UK that's crying out for immigrants, so they're given priority for University places as an incentive for people to come to Scotland. I don't grudge the immigrants places as everyone's entitled to a good, free education.

But it's the free part that's the problem. Since the introduction of top-up fees in England and Wales, the number of applicants to Scotland from England and Wales has shot up. The Scottish executive is wanting people to move to Scotland, so again, priority is on non-scots.

Then there's another factor...There are little or no entry requirements for mature students, so a lot of people are going back to education to get degrees. Again, I don't grudge this to anyone.

But...Entry requirements for under 21 year olds are getting higher each year...Mishy Mo got three As, a B and a C for her exams last year, then applied for a course that required just two A and got rejected. All in all...it's meaning fewer people my age are getting into University...I don't blame the immigrants, other Britons or Mature Students...I blame the government for their faulty policies that work to the detriment of people like me...I'm not the only one of my group who has not got to Uni.

And I've gone off at a tangent...sorry

I'm going to post my new fic soon, so I hope you'll enjoy! It's a ship fic with a VERY big twist, but it's shippy so that's the main thing.

I think we should have a mini-ship day...kinda like a smaller version of the main July event...whadaya all think????
          I know it's off topic but I will reply to this!

Yeah I heard that... My aunt lives in Scotland. My 2 cousins went to uni fine (they are 26, 28 now) but now, like you said, it is hard for Scottish people!
          And it is true about more English and Welsh people applying to Scottish uni's. My friend in fact is doing a psychology course (I think anyway) in Glasgow uni!
          And it is all good! You should be able to go to your uni of choice, but they should be helping Scottish people more as well.

About entry requirements, I here you! It is awful for our age groups. I am 20 now and luckily for the course I am doing, your only really need 5 GCSEs A-C and any A-levels of any grade. But for the course I originally wanted to do when I left college 1 and half years ago (a psychology degree), they wanted basically 300 UCAS points plus! That is so high and obviously I didn't have as much as that so I got rejected! And yes, most courses now have upped the points and I think it is totally unfair! And I do think it is the government’s fault in part as well!

I really hope you get what you want to do. There are many possibilities and ways around to get to where you want to go. I hope you find them!

And to the mini ship day I say, hell yeah! I think we could all do with a good old knees up! And it will just get us ready for the big ship day!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

(((((Shipper Family))))))

I'm going to post my new fic soon, so I hope you'll enjoy! It's a ship fic with a VERY big twist, but it's shippy so that's the main thing.

I have no idea what a ship day means, but if it's shippy.... I'm all in

THanks for the idea....

PS: Will we have cake?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

(((((Tracey))))))

For courses that only need 1 A level...you normally need FOUR Highers...the only difference between an A leven and a Higher is a name...A levels used to be more difficult, but now they're at the same level...

Yeah...we need a mini knees up to get into a SHIPPER HIGH!

Speaking of Shipper highs...

I've got a new fanfic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sueKay presents...

Another Life

Exactly what the name suggests...if things had been different from day one...

chapter one's not shippy, but it is a true ship story...look out for future chapters!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

SueKay, I'm really sorry to hear that about your Uni course...
                I feel *particularly* bad about it, as I'm an English student that has applied to a Scottish university...But I do have to tell you that English applicants to Scottish universities still have to pay all the tuition fees we would at English ones. It doesn't matter *where* we go, there's no escaping them.

Comment

Originally posted by sierragulf_gurl_23
                  I DO!!! I'm in !! don't know what is the normal ship day event but I'm always ready to spend great moments with my shipper fellows !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY tpe78 !!

Comment

(((((Tracey))))))

For courses that only need 1 A level...you normally need FOUR Highers...the only difference between an A leven and a Higher is a name...A levels used to be more difficult, but now they're at the same level...

Yeah...we need a mini knees up to get into a SHIPPER HIGH!

Speaking of Shipper highs...

I've got a new fanfic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sueKay presents...

Another Life

Exactly what the name suggests...if things had been different from day one...

chapter one's not shippy, but it is a true ship story...look out for future chapters!
                    Yeah they do seem to be getting easier! Although saying that, not all do! When I did biology it was really, really hard!

We do indeed! And we need something to keep us going until our US shippers get the new season!

Oh, fanfic fanfic...

I will go and read soon!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Lunar - OT

I never knew that...I thought the fees were waivered up here.

Though there is more financial support...I don't know how much bursary money English students get, but if if I get to Uni, my support bursary os over £3000 ($5000). I think English and Welsh Students are entitled to hardship funding as they've moved away.

Anyway ON-topic

I've just watched the ending of Beneath the Surface

Sam: Yes sir
                      Jack:...'sir'
                      both look sad
                      Jack: let's go home
                      Sam: Yes sir
                      sigpic

Comment

<OT to Suekay> Nope. No hardship funding. Just the same loan you'd get at any university as long as you were actually living away from home. It does depend on family income though.

<On topic about BtS>
                        I adore this episode. It's one of the Jack-centric ship ones, like Entity, where I feel that for once he does more of the running. Jonah is like Jack without all the trappings of their military ranks, and you can see he just *adores* Thera, following her round like a little lost puppy...
                        One of my all time favourite eps!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                          <On topic about BtS>
                          I adore this episode. It's one of the Jack-centric ship ones, like Entity, where I feel that for once he does more of the running. Jonah is like Jack without all the trappings of their military ranks, and you can see he just *adores* Thera, following her round like a little lost puppy...
                          One of my all time favourite eps!
                          It's one of my favorite episodes as well. The sadness that they both experienced when going back while remembering was especially touching. The only thing I really didn't like about the episode was their clothes--they were terrible. Of course, they were slaves, so you couldn't hardly expect them to be making a fashion statement.
                          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by sierragulf_gurl_23
                            I agree suekay and sierragulf gurl
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

I know...BtS is an amazing episode...so shippy...so angsty

I love all the little convos like 'how was your day?'

'have a nice shift'

'I think his name is Homer'

lol
                              sigpic

Comment

I'll second (or third or fourth or whatever place I'm at) BtS. I think I loved it so much because the shippy stuff kinda came from its own place (i.e. SG-1 not reporting back and being kidnapped doesn't automatically = shippy) and yet it played into the story sooo well. To see that SG-1 was still the same characters we know and love despite supposedly having their memory/personality stamped out really says a lot. Especially about the ship. It really said how much these two people belonged together to me.
                                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Working...
                                X