Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uber.....you hear your fans' calls! Your story is one of the best I've read, and is definitely good enough to post at Gateworld! We're just anxiously awaiting part 3!

Comment

Sorry I wish I could be more positive.
      Spoiler:
      TPTB talk about a new direction and then they kill off many of the popular characters and bring back the horrible Sam Fan Club members.TPTB as usual are talking out of both sides of there face.I hope I'am wrong but it's starting to look like Threads was done to only get rid of Pete so TPTB could bring back Sam and the guest character of the week.TPTB only showed Sam and Jack Fishing with Daniel and Teal'c and no other indication they were together.It also looks like Sam absence from the start of Season 9 also did not include spending time with Jack.Sorry if I depressed anyone.

Comment

Uber.....thanks for all your help with my little banner! Now I can start the work week with one less Sam & Jack worry!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Uber.....thanks for all your help with my little banner! Now I can start the work week with one less Sam & Jack worry!
          No prob...if you want to center it, just add the [ center ] [ / center ] tags on each side of the img tags (lose the spaces of course...)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
            Uber, your story is great Part 1 and 2 are superb and leave us biting our nails while we wait for part 3

Not to put pressure on you, I know that you are very busy at work and all, those 2 jobs you are working on and evertyhing else, but Howsitgoing ?

I'm sure if you post your fic in gateworld, you will have thousands of people claiming for part 3!!!!!
            Thousands, hmm? Think they'd all post a review as glowing as yours???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Spoiler season 9
              Spoiler:

(edit)

....I don't think Baa'l is there for any romance with Sam but as I say ..he may get her so that Jack comes to the rescue ..I would love to see that ...a real dramatic Sam and Jack episode with the bad Baa'l as long as he does not torture her too much ..or kill her many times like he did with Jack

Caty
              i'd love to see an ep like that! as a shipper 'and' sam fan!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I posted this already on the "Sam's a Great Character" thread. I apologize to anyone who's reading it twice, but the two threads are generating so much similar worry about what's going on with TPTB right now that I felt it wouldn't be too bad to post it again. Even a nuance or a "You won't be disappointed" from Vancouver would make me feel better. I doubt we'll get that.

It occurs to me that we may be getting ourselves all upset over nothing. What do we really know? Not much: the names of a few possible guest stars in S9, who's joining the team, that Amanda probably won't be back until 907 (Olivia arrived late) and that RDA won't be a series regular. We also think that Arthurian legend will play a role in this season's developments.

That's all we really REALLY know. I've been a journalist for more than 20 years, and I know better than to deal in speculation, because it's usually WRONG. Beyond that, we're driving ourselves crazy with speculation on what might be, and I have a feeling TPTB are sitting around laughing at us because of it! It's their job to keep us guessing and upset, so we don't go out to dinner on season premiere night.

I'm just going to have to step back, take a deep breath and not worry about all these negative scenarios. As I said earlier today, July is 10 long, LONG weeks away, and we probably won't know nearly enough til then. But if TPTB break my heart over Sam and Jack, I just don't know if I can continue to watch.
                i'm feeling the same way. i don't have enough info to get upset. i feel they've went too far with sam/jack to step out of it and have sam suddenly going for a guy again. the end of season 8 showed sam and jack going in a relationship direction, so having a couple of past admirers doesn't mean that sam's going to take up with them. i'm not panicking (yet).

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                  You make some good points but we have been there done that with
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam and the Male guest characters and just hearing these same guest Characters are returning is upsetting.I doubt these Male guest Characters who had the Hots for Sam the first time around are all of a sudden going to lose Interest.TPTB also have to understand after waiting 8 Years we still did not get a real Kiss or an I Love You and wite Jack pretty much gone most Fans are in no mood to be jerked around anymore.I am one Fan who will be doing something else at 8:00 PM on Friday and I'am sure there will be many others finding something else to do.
                  i think you've said it perfectly. we can't take being jerked around anymore.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                    Hmm. A lot of interesting points floating around about S9, so I'll add mine to the mix. I'm just gonna put the whole thing in invisio-text to be safe and keep the dingers happy:
                    Spoiler:
                    Bringing back Barrett and Orlin struck me more as odd than anything else. They've been so far removed from what's been going on this season, I'm curious as to why their characters are necessary.
                    But I don't believe its necessarily going to be detrimental to the ship. Maybe it's just hope talking, but the above point was made that we don't really know anything yet. We still have no idea what Sam was doing during her absence. That could have enormous effect on how we view these characters and what their storyline will be.
                    But the thing that keeps bugging the most is this: Sam just broke off an engagement. Whatever your opinion of said enagement (and believe me, I was yelling all sorts of things with the rest of you), that's a huge thing that requires some recovery. As much as I want a REAL resolution to the Sam/Jack ship, to have Sam immediatly run to Jack's arms in the beginning of S9 would feel problematic for me. So the main point I have is that perhaps having some old flames re-enter her life will put some things in perspective for Sam and give her the courage to not only approach Jack about THE conversation, but pursue it through all of his distractions and outside interupptions. Then maybe we'll get the resolution we've been hoping for, even it's a phone conversation to accomodate RDA's schedule.

Whew. So there you have it.
                    i have a feeling sam and jack
                    Spoiler:
                    have had 'the' conversation. with everything that went down in threads, and then sam agreeing to go fishing with jack, 'something' would have happened. so i'm thinking sam and jack are either in the beginnings of a relay (and a long-distance at that), or they've discussed it and are going to wait until they can actually be in the same state. (if i were sam, i'd not wait one minute longer than the 8 bloody years i've waited).

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i have a feeling sam and jack
                      Spoiler:
                      have had 'the' conversation. with everything that went down in threads, and then sam agreeing to go fishing with jack, 'something' would have happened. so i'm thinking sam and jack are either in the beginnings of a relay (and a long-distance at that), or they've discussed it and are going to wait until they can actually be in the same state. (if i were sam, i'd not wait one minute longer than the 8 bloody years i've waited).

sally

Wow .....Me too ..I don't know how they could wait any longer with the amount of UST they had during 8 years ...
                      Spoiler:
                      they must be desesperate to get it on now with each other . I mean Love is a very strong feeling ..and when all obstacles are removed ..it must be very hard to not have physical contact with the person you love ...!!!I also reckon that they are now seeing each other intimately and Barrett and Orlin are just there for a story line and some comments ...or some flirt with her in some ways where Sam will acknolwedge that she is with Jack O' Neill ....We may even hear some nice things like Barrett asking her " really , is it really serious between you too ?!" and we all know what Sam will say ...She may even say "I love him and have done so for a long time " blablabla ..She may even mention the rules and tell Barrett what Jack is up to those days ...and what their plans are for the future ..once they can live together .
                      As for Baa'l he has always been an evil Character and is a Go'auld so I thinkhe is there for a threat to SGC probably goona try to harm Sam so that Jack comes running to the rescue ...We may see Jack in one more episode and that would be great ..for the shippers and it's nice to see Baa'l in some episodes but I really don't think Baa'l is gonna say to Sam what Fith said to her ..he is probably gonna torture her like he did with Jack to get some infos ...but then he knows the only way to get to Jack is to get Sam first ..so here we go

This is my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it ....I also don't think we'll see the beginning of Sam and Jack relationship ...They have already started it and by the time we see them ..the UST will be gone ...and they'll be in full RST mode so that we get on with the show ...but what we may see is desesperation of one of them when their love one is taken by an evil force

Caty

Comment

I posted this already on the "Sam's a Great Character" thread. I apologize to anyone who's reading it twice, but the two threads are generating so much similar worry about what's going on with TPTB right now that I felt it wouldn't be too bad to post it again. Even a nuance or a "You won't be disappointed" from Vancouver would make me feel better. I doubt we'll get that.

It occurs to me that we may be getting ourselves all upset over nothing. What do we really know? Not much: the names of a few possible guest stars in S9, who's joining the team, that Amanda probably won't be back until 907 (Olivia arrived late) and that RDA won't be a series regular. We also think that Arthurian legend will play a role in this season's developments.

That's all we really REALLY know. I've been a journalist for more than 20 years, and I know better than to deal in speculation, because it's usually WRONG. Beyond that, we're driving ourselves crazy with speculation on what might be, and I have a feeling TPTB are sitting around laughing at us because of it! It's their job to keep us guessing and upset, so we don't go out to dinner on season premiere night.

I'm just going to have to step back, take a deep breath and not worry about all these negative scenarios. As I said earlier today, July is 10 long, LONG weeks away, and we probably won't know nearly enough til then. But if TPTB break my heart over Sam and Jack, I just don't know if I can continue to watch.

I think shippers fans will go out for dinner on season 9 premiere if TPTB don't give them tidbits about Sam and Jack ...The couple is an important part of the storyline ...that we want it or no ..and will always be ..so they can't mess around with it any longer ....
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam has broken off her engagement to Pete so that she could be with Jack ...She now knows what she really wants and it looks like Jack is also prepared to move on , resigned from his military position so that he can have a life with Sam ..so I don't think we'll have our hearts broken with the other Guys who fancies Sam ...As I said ..they'll be here for a really good Story I hope and just mention ship in passing to Sam ..I think we'll see some flirting from Barrett but only like he did in "resurrection" and as orlin ..he is alien ..nice not so not for Sam ...too reserved for her ...not a good laugh if you see what I mean !! and she was not interested in him the first time round ...she liked the guy ..because he was a nice alien and had proper intentions ....Sam is a really sweet woman and if Orlin comes back , she will help him if he is in trouble ...but just as a friend ..and she'll tell him that . She may even tell Jack about Barrett and Orlin coming on to her and take it as a compliment .Jack won't care becasue he knows where he stands with Sam ...and he got her now anyway , she got him and that's all maters

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                          Sorry I wish I could be more positive.
                          Spoiler:
                          TPTB talk about a new direction and then they kill off many of the popular characters and bring back the horrible Sam Fan Club members.TPTB as usual are talking out of both sides of there face.I hope I'am wrong but it's starting to look like Threads was done to only get rid of Pete so TPTB could bring back Sam and the guest character of the week.TPTB only showed Sam and Jack Fishing with Daniel and Teal'c and no other indication they were together.It also looks like Sam absence from the start of Season 9 also did not include spending time with Jack.Sorry if I depressed anyone.

((((Ses)))) first of all You can't mess around with love on screen ..If Sam and Jack were in their 20 's it may be acceptable ...but they are mature adults who had plenty of flings in their non normal life ..so by now I think they know what they want ...and TPTB can't
                          Spoiler:
                          undo what they did to them as mature adults in Threads ...Threads showed that Sam gave something up to be with Jack ( her engagement) and Jack gave something up to be with Sam ( Apparently he was gonna become non military) so Tptb knows where they are going for that ...and also ..I don't think they 'll have Sam have a romantic relationship with another guy now ... First it's wrong because of what we had in Threads like I just said and which Sam and Jack shippers would buy the DVD's if they have Sam 's personnal life and feelings mixed up again ?!....Sam knows what she wants ...It seems like the military obstacles are removed ..they are both free to be together .

The only obstacle we gonna get is the long distance relationship ....and Barrett may even take on that and may ask Sam how she copes with it .
                          Then obviuosly Sam will say " Well .... we've been apart for 8 years because of the regs ..Now we are apart because of the distance but we try to see each other as much as possible , in fact he is coming down next weekend ..and we plan to spend some time at the cabin " hehehehe ..Hahahahaha I will be happy with that ...then would be nice to have a glimpse of them together and not have to guess everything ..but I really think that the Sam and Jack ship will be established in season 9 .

I think we gonna get a lot of from calls from Sam to Jack ..like she is inn her lab and phones him for a bit of company and telling him she can't wait for next week end when they go fishing again
                          Then he'll say I love you ( Shame we won't hear it ) but she'll reply "Me too"

If they want to do a UST ship , they'll do it with Daniel, Teal'c or Cameron .

Caty
                          Last edited by Catysg1; 18 April 2005, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Hey there!

I thought coming here would cheer me up, but as I can see the PTB are kicking us in the teeth again.

I had some more bad news in RL

I'm definitely not going to University...my last course rejected me...I don't wanna go to Uni...what am I going to do?
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              I have already decided I am not buying season 8. I am not spending $40 for Reckoning 2 and a "always".

LOL but you are right Rogue ..I won't either .... I 'll feel so sad if I do because there are other shows I would love the DVD's from like Cold case , Alias and Dark Angel

Caty
                              Last edited by Catysg1; 18 April 2005, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Hey there!

I thought coming here would cheer me up, but as I can see the PTB are kicking us in the teeth again.

I had some more bad news in RL

I'm definitely not going to University...my last course rejected me...I don't wanna go to Uni...what am I going to do?

((((suekay)) I made some positive posts about Sam and Jack in season 9 ..Go and read
                                Spoiler:
                                Don't worry ..Sam will never go and find another man ...she loves Jack and this is why she could not go through with marrying Pete ..and we know that Jack loves Sam too ...kerry found out and he didn't denied anything ...and straight after that ...he came to Sam and told her he'll always be there for her ...and he let Sam putting her cheeks on his hand ...."Love is all" like Marc Anthony says in his song ...Sam and Jack are in total love with each other ..and nothing will come in between them now except the long distance relationship .

Barrett and Orlin will only be there so that Sam expresses her feelings for Jack. we'll see the ship through what Sam has to say about Jack to the men coming on to her if they do ..and they'll get the message pretty quiclky

Caty
                                Last edited by Catysg1; 18 April 2005, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X