This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Uber.....isn't it funny? A few days ago, you were pessimistic, and I was certain things would work out the way we want. Now, you're more positive than I am. I'm feeling very schizophrenic about this!

But on your comments about the integrity of the storyline, I so agree! They've brought the ship so far through S7 and S8. Both Sam and Jack have tried to move on with "attainable" relationships, and both have failed miserably in breaking free of the emotions that bind them to each other. They are just meant to be, and letting distance or BB or any other character get in between them now would definitely erode the integrity of Sam's character!

If I might digress on other great TV disappointments.....

1. Sam & Diane - heartbreak at the altar
    2. David & Maddie - TPTB handled it SO WRONG!!!
    3. Wriker & Troi - By the time it happened, the sexual tension was gone. No one cared!

Now is the time for Sam & Jack's relationship to move to the next level. Once it's resolved, it frees TPTB to let Sam be a real leader. Then, they can start throwing new women at Daniel, Teal'c and Cam until something sticks! But if they don't resolve Sam & Jack's love story with a little integrity, I just don't think I'll be able to watch anymore!!!!!
    Hmm...you'll have to quote me where I've been too pessimistic about Jack and Sam...I think I've been fairly consistent in my belief that they'll end up together in the long run...

Perhaps the pessimism you read comes from the WHEN part of the equation.

Whereas I don't think that they'd be stupid enough to pair off either of them to someone else (as that would be filed under "been there, done that") I don't necessarily know if we'll get too much on screen resolution...unless perhaps it becomes apparent that season 9 is the swan song...

Which of course, I hope it isn't! I mean, Jack had 7 years as the leader of SG-1...at least let Sam have a few years before pulling the plug on the show!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Maybe it was MajorSal then......It's late (or early!), depending on how you look at it. I thought I was the only person still posting in the eastern U.S.

It bothers me that they now say we'll be "shocked" at what they do, and that although we think we know what's going on, we don't. That came out of Vancouver Saturday. "Shocked" is such a negative word. "Surprised," I could have accepted.

I've now moved to "worst case scenario" mode. The worst thing they could do to shock me would be:

Spoiler:

....to kill Jack off, allow Sam to deal with her grief; then let her start rebounding with other guys. EEEWWWWWWEEEEE!

Remember in the first season of "The West Wing," when they killed off Mrs. Landingham, who had been Jed Bartlett's secretary since he got out of school. It was awful! But it was a wonderful plot device in that it brought the President to a critical turning point in his life.

Then again, he didn't have access to a sarchophagus!

Ok, now I know it's time to go to bed! I need some light, shippy fic to restore my normal optimistic outlook!

Comment

Maybe it was MajorSal then......It's late (or early!), depending on how you look at it. I thought I was the only person still posting in the eastern U.S.

It bothers me that they now say we'll be "shocked" at what they do, and that although we think we know what's going on, we don't. That came out of Vancouver Saturday. "Shocked" is such a negative word. "Surprised," I could have accepted.

I've now moved to "worst case scenario" mode. The worst thing they could do to shock me would be:

Spoiler:

....to kill Jack off, allow Sam to deal with her grief; then let her start rebounding with other guys. EEEWWWWWWEEEEE!

Remember in the first season of "The West Wing," when they killed off Mrs. Landingham, who had been Jed Bartlett's secretary since he got out of school. It was awful! But it was a wonderful plot device in that it brought the President to a critical turning point in his life.

Then again, he didn't have access to a sarchophagus!

Ok, now I know it's time to go to bed! I need some light, shippy fic to restore my normal optimistic outlook!
        so some stuff has been coming out of the vancouver con???
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
          *pokes head in from mountain of work* Uber, I understand the sentiment. I've been reading since I woke up til, well, now and I my head is pounding. Had a nice surprise though, stopped to take a shower and I turned on my TV to just stare at something other than writing for a moment, and caught the end of Grace. It made me feel better.

And for the person who was asking what a good S/J song was, I thought of the perfect one: At Last by Etta James. Classic, and so very very perfect for our favorite ship.

I made a video with that song .It's in my website but it was made a few months ago and don't include the spoilers from Season 8 ...or I don't think so if I remember well ..still ...I think it's quite good ...

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Elkeli
            Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on lately i've been working alot. However, for the past few days i've been sent home sick after a few hours.

Anyhoo, spent a LONG while also reading the fanfic that was suggested in the second post on page 44 if anyone wants to go check it out, its tops!

And does anyone have any ideas for where I could host only one vid file that is less than 20MB? I still have that ship vid to get posted

Had a shippy moment tonight in the staff room!! I was listening to 'LA Confidential' on the TV and someone goes "Hey Sam and Jack"I was like hehehe

Its a shame that no one would have any idea what I was saying if I pointed that out. lol

Have a good one

P.S- I'm having some friends over for a stargate viewing, mum's calling it "Stargate Club" and we're thinking of making it an official club at our Uni, there's one for picnics so we can have a stargate one surely! lol

Elkeli ..I told you I could host it for you for a while ..but you need to send it to me first

and Sam and Jack forever always with a few shippy scenes in season 9

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
              first of all, thanks for the welcome guys, I already feel at home
              shimmering star :I liked Choices a lot and your sig is awesome!!

I agree with you with how Sam (season9)
              Spoiler:
              could be used and turned in a Barbie Girl, I'm kind of worried about that cause she's gonna be the only female star after Vala leaves and with a male character like BB(Ben not Beau )...
              But I think we don't have to worry as much, let's wait and see, the Sam character is not one easily falling for someone and at the latest news, she already fell for someone
              Sam/Baal seems totally ridiculous to me, I'm more afraid by a Barret than a Baal but as majorsal pointed out, Sam is kindly gonna turn him down ;-) (love your vision of the scene !! if only could be true!! )

Anyway, even if it's the easy solution to turn Sam into THE attraction for guests male stars, I don't think (and hope) they'll do it, it should be a big disapointment for all sg1 fan and not only the shippers. they spent the last 8 years trying to build an independent and strong female charcater i don't think they'll screw up it all like that...as kerry would say... just a thought...

Spoiler season 9
              Spoiler:
              if Sam wanted to be with Barrett, she had every opportunity to do so back in the early years ..I really don't think Baa'l, Barrett and orlin are here to take Sam away from Jack in a romantic way ...but they may be here to taste the water ...and see if she is free .....like little comments about Going out for Diner from Barrett ..then Sam would say ..that she is with someone she loves ...Bla bla bla .

For Orlin , he may pay her a visit ..and tell her that he still loves her ...but Sam told him in Ascencion that she didn't love him ...she really liked him ....and she could tell him that she loves somebody else.

As For Baa'l ..the only think I think could happen there ..is He may kidnapp her so That Jack reacts and comes back to save her ....This last one could be a great episode ....I don't think Baa'l is there for any romance with Sam but as I say ..he may get her so that Jack comes to the rescue ..I would love to see that ...a real dramatic Sam and Jack episode with the bad Baa'l as long as he does not torture her too much ..or kill her many times like he did with Jack

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Spoiler season 9
                Spoiler:
                As For Baa'l ..the only think I think could happen there ..is He may kidnapp her so That Jack reacts and comes back to save her ....This last one could be a great episode ....I don't think Baa'l is there for any romance with Sam but as I say ..he may get her so that Jack comes to the rescue ..I would love to see that ...a real dramatic Sam and Jack episode with the bad Baa'l as long as he does not torture her too much ..or kill her many times like he did with Jack

Caty
                Now that is an episode I would love to see!
                Spoiler:
                I have to agree that Sam/Ba'al romance wouldn't happen, but the kidnapping idea could, and it could be a fantastic shippy ep But yes, less torturing this time!
                Uncontrolled Destiny
                My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Spoiler:

Worts case scenario !!!!

Having heart attack.... can't breath... need mouth to mouth..... is RDA around

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

New video " My Baby you " Marc Anthony
                    Stunning song and music

When he says "Ariana" at the end of the song ..just pretend he says "Samantha"

Caty

Comment

Great, I take a few days away from the site and guess what?
                      s9
                      Spoiler:
                      I find that not one but TWO of Sam's ex love-interests are back next season. Bang goes my hope that we'd have none of this ridiculous ship-the-main-characters-with-guest of the week... Plus, I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't greatly like Vala/Daniel ship... and really, REALLY hopes they're not going to *blatantly* run with it, because that would be GREATLY unfair after all the pussyfooting around they did with Sam/Jack. It'd be a real kick in the teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                        s9
                        Spoiler:
                        I find that not one but TWO of Sam's ex love-interests are back next season. Bang goes my hope that we'd have none of this ridiculous ship-the-main-characters-with-guest of the week... Plus, I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't greatly like Vala/Daniel ship... and really, REALLY hopes they're not going to *blatantly* run with it, because that would be GREATLY unfair after all the pussyfooting around they did with Sam/Jack. It'd be a real kick in the teeth.

I agree Lunar ..I hope TPTB is not
                        Spoiler:
                        gonna go for an obvious ship between Vala/Daniel ....It could be a good reason for me to stop watching ..after what they put us through with Sam and Jack ...I don't understand why Daniel can kiss anybody he wants for real ...and not Sam and Jack ..I know it's because the Sam and Jack ship is so popular that ..they have to keep things hanging on every season ..and add a bit more the following season but really ...we need to see Sam and Jack kiss for real before the end of season 9 because I really think this is it for both of them ( RDA AND AT)...and I hope so ...but I really do hope that RDA will be coming back for a few cameos if it is the last season for him and Amanda Tapping ...I'm sure RDA knows that a lot of shipper fans won't be buying the DVD's if Sam and Jack are not together on screen in season 9

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                          s9
                          Spoiler:
                          Yeah, now all we need is Narim and Joe to show up.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Stunning song and music

Caty
                            Lovely song, lovely video!

Thanks for sharing, that was brilliant. The clips fit really well with the lyrics, especilly the first bit 'as I look into your eyes...' with the D&C forcefield clip - perfect!

Edited to add: My 50th post!
                            Uncontrolled Destiny
                            My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              Yeah, now all we need is Narim and Joe to show up.

They are both dead but you never know !!! I thought
                              Spoiler:
                              Orlin was dead too ..but I suppose he only ascended ...still don't understand why Sam was so sad at the end then !!!!

Caty

Comment

Stunning song and music

Caty
                                Cathy, Thanks!!!! just what I needed to recover from heart attack....

But after the vid, still can't breath, so, so, good (RDA, where are you?)

Carolina

PS: That last hug in your vid, where is it from?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X