Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everybody. I had to let you guys know that I have a wonderful husband who surprised me with Season 7 on DVD this afternoon! What makes this so great is that I haven't seen but a couple of the episodes. I am forcing myself to watch them in sequence rather than jumping to Grace and Heroes as I know those are a must see for shippers. I can't wait for the KISS!! Any news from Vancouver?
    -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
      Any news from Vancouver?
      nope nothing yet...

i'm going through some vids now, has anyone ever made one with Damien Rice's Music ?? it should be awesome !

Comment

wow !! I've just seen the new spoilers for season 9!

"The Fourth Horseman"
        Spoiler:
        Orlin is Back !!they say about "Actor Sean Patrick Flannery has not yet been confirmed to reprise his role, the show's producers told GateWorld. In the unfortunate event that he cannot, the part will likely be rewritten as a different Ancient -- though the inclusion of Orlin's past relationship with Sam would complicate such a change."

and one more...after Barret and Baal...Orlin !! Sam and Jack's relationship 'd better be very strong to resist all those...cuties?? lol
        well, let's wait and see if they write it for an other Ancient, and let's believe in our Jack and Sam Forever !!! but I have to admit the further it goes the worst it goes... don't feel good!! need some good shippy vids !!!

Comment

*pokes head in from mountain of work* Uber, I understand the sentiment. I've been reading since I woke up til, well, now and I my head is pounding. Had a nice surprise though, stopped to take a shower and I turned on my TV to just stare at something other than writing for a moment, and caught the end of Grace. It made me feel better.

And for the person who was asking what a good S/J song was, I thought of the perfect one: At Last by Etta James. Classic, and so very very perfect for our favorite ship.
          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
          Daniel: Oh! You see?
          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
            I agree Rogue.Most Shippers are using our common sense.Sadly
            Spoiler:
            TPTB have used very little sense when it comes to the Sam character.I think TPTB and AT would Love to return Sam to the way she was in earlier Seasons.I think they had enough of Sam's personal life the last 2 Years.I just think if we do not see Jack and Sam together in Season 9 there may be pressure to bring in someone else for Sam.We've gone from Sam having no personal Life to Sam being the most popular Woman in the galaxy.
            Well, she did after all blow up a Sun

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
              Well, she did after all blow up a Sun
              It's amazing how not worried I am about Season 9.

In looking at the big picture...and I mean the ENTIRE SERIES...I can see hints and glimpses of what the writers envision for the two of them for the long run.

Does that mean we'll get a gate room wedding like Ryac had? Of course not (thank goodness...that just seems a little hokey for these two). And it may not even mean that we'll see a full onscreen resolution this season.

But I personally believe that the writers have delved into the Sam/Jack shipper cauldron with the deeper implications of Threads. They could have completely ignored the chemistry between the two of them, had them both get married off or whatever, and that would have been that. Fortunately, that's not what happened and as a result...we got fishing!

Not only would it be suicide for the show to have Sam pair off with someone else or whatever (as the shippers would leave in DROVES), but it would just be bad storytelling. To leave your fans who have been clamouring and begging for a romantic relationship between the two leads hanging...well, that would be criminally negligent...for example, X-Files (whoops, that was a little snarky of me).

I believe they'll take it somewhere...maybe not fully this season...but the can of worms is open (and that's a good thing, since they'll need those worms for the afforementioned fishing...)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

A little shippy collage for your viewing pleasure...

HOME

Hope you like.
                Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  It's amazing how not worried I am about Season 9.

In looking at the big picture...and I mean the ENTIRE SERIES...I can see hints and glimpses of what the writers envision for the two of them for the long run.
                  Uber, I was needing some shippy hope after reading that:
                  Spoiler:

- RDA was saying good bye in the first 3 eps
                  - Orlin is coming back....

And you just gave me S9 vision to keep.... You are so smart .... "In the long run... we know where the PTB are going and they will not kill an 8 year story line just because she is the Gal that blew up a sun "
                  Last edited by LOL4JACK; 16 April 2005, 09:08 PM.

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Uber, I was needing some shippy hope after reading that:
                    Spoiler:

- RDA was saying good bye in the first 3 eps
                    - Orlin is coming back....

And you just gave me S9 vision to keep.... You are so smart .... "In the long run... we know where the PTB are going and they will not kill an 8 year story line just because she is the Gal that blew up a sun "
                    i'm using spoiler tags because... you did, and i'm not sure what to do

Spoiler:
                    i know the spoilers about rda's visits to eps 1 and 3, but it sounds like there's more to it and i've missed it. where's the spoiler about rda saying goodbye in the first 3 eps? i'm hoping, praying, begging that he's back for some SHIPPY stuff with sam sometime later in the season!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i'm using spoiler tags because... you did, and i'm not sure what to do

Spoiler:
                      i know the spoilers about rda's visits to eps 1 and 3, but it sounds like there's more to it and i've missed it. where's the spoiler about rda saying goodbye in the first 3 eps? i'm hoping, praying, begging that he's back for some SHIPPY stuff with sam sometime later in the season!

sally
                      Hi Sally,

I do not know how to paste links, but I'll try basic 101 , if it doesn't work it is in the homepage of Gateworld inside the news of Stargate premier on July 15th.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...rejuly15.shtml

Carolina

Comment

Spoiler:

I think it's more Jack saying good-bye to the SGC and taking his new position. I feel really sad that AT won't be there as a member of the team to say good-bye to RDA, but I have to believe that we will see something between Sam/Jack on-screen...if only a phone call. They could still film those scenes with RDA in advance and add them in editing to AT's.

At least that's what I'm hoping.
                        Crossing fingers, eyes, toes...
                        Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Spoiler:

I think it's more Jack saying good-bye to the SGC and taking his new position. I feel really sad that AT won't be there as a member of the team to say good-bye to RDA, but I have to believe that we will see something between Sam/Jack on-screen...if only a phone call. They could still film those scenes with RDA in advance and add them in editing to AT's.

At least that's what I'm hoping.
                          Crossing fingers, eyes, toes...
                          Kat
                          As our wise Uber said, " Look at the big picture" = Sam & Jack Forever

Comment

As our wise Uber said, " Look at the big picture" = Sam & Jack Forever
                            That would be Über the Great, Über the Wise, Über the Gracious, Über the Talented, Über the All Powerful and...

...Über the Humble.

You know, editing is a wonderful thing. So are airplanes. For all we know, AT could film scenes (or already HAS filmed scenes) that will air as part of Jack's "official" farewell...or maybe for a future ep. Plus with the wonders of modern transportation, people can fly to a location in say L.A. and do a scene here and there.

I don't know...perhaps I'm just an eternal optimist...(well, okay, that's a bunch of bunk since sometimes I'm as pessimistic as it comes)...but I just cannot and do not accept that after riding the shipper wave and allowing the characters to act on their chemistry (and when I say act on it, I mean start to talk about it openly) that the writers would be so criminally insane as to completely drop the issue altogether.

For one thing, that would just be bad storytelling...you don't develop a major or even minor arc for the entire run of a series and then completely ignore it. It would be completely unnatural for the topic to not be at least addressed in some way next season. As relieved as I think Sam (and AT, I'm sure) is that she's finally settled on what or rather who she wants...I just do not believe she would forget about it now; that would be a dishonest portrayal of her to the character and the Jack/Sam saga.

It is curious though that some of her shoulda coulda woulda boyfriends of the past will be making some return appearances...and I hope at least in some part, those opportunities could be used to reinforce the Sam/Jack story.

Now I'm hoping that Season 9 will really focus on Sam as a team leader and kick butt super hero and not so much her interpersonal relationships (which big chunks of Season 8 dealt with nicely). That being said, there will be calls a la Citizen Joe or alluded to lunch dates or whatever that show that the ship sails on.

Über the "All of the above" has spoken.

Last edited by Uber; 16 April 2005, 11:43 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hi Sally,

I do not know how to paste links, but I'll try basic 101 , if it doesn't work it is in the homepage of Gateworld inside the news of Stargate premier on July 15th.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...rejuly15.shtml

Carolina
                              thanks, carolina.

i didn't take much heed to it (other than i'm in love with rda and want to have his children... did i just say that out loud?) i just took it to mean that jack's leaving of the sgc will be explained and shown, other than him just suddenly being gone and we never got to say bye... sam, quickly, go give jack all your love! (try not to let your hands roam over his gorgeous and firm body while you're hugging him... well, you can, just be careful not to let others see you.... )

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

You know, editing is a wonderful thing. So are airplanes. For all we know, AT could film scenes (or already HAS filmed scenes) that will air as part of Jack's "official" farewell...or maybe for a future ep. Plus with the wonders of modern transportation, people can fly to a location in say L.A. and do a scene here and there.

I don't know...perhaps I'm just an eternal optimist...(well, okay, that's a bunch of bunk since sometimes I'm as pessimistic as it comes)...but I just cannot and do not accept that after riding the shipper wave and allowing the characters to act on their chemistry (and when I say act on it, I mean start to talk about it openly) that the writers would be so criminally insane as to completely drop the issue altogether.

For one thing, that would just be bad storytelling...you don't develop a major or even minor arc for the entire run of a series and then completely ignore it. It would be completely unnatural for the topic to not be at least addressed in some way next season. As relieved as I think Sam (and AT, I'm sure) is that she's finally settled on what or rather who she wants...I just do not believe she would forget about it now; that would be a dishonest portrayal of her to the character and the Jack/Sam saga.

Uber.....isn't it funny? A few days ago, you were pessimistic, and I was certain things would work out the way we want. Now, you're more positive than I am. I'm feeling very schizophrenic about this!

But on your comments about the integrity of the storyline, I so agree! They've brought the ship so far through S7 and S8. Both Sam and Jack have tried to move on with "attainable" relationships, and both have failed miserably in breaking free of the emotions that bind them to each other. They are just meant to be, and letting distance or BB or any other character get in between them now would definitely erode the integrity of Sam's character!

If I might digress on other great TV disappointments.....

1. Sam & Diane - heartbreak at the altar
                                2. David & Maddie - TPTB handled it SO WRONG!!!
                                3. Wriker & Troi - By the time it happened, the sexual tension was gone. No one cared!

Now is the time for Sam & Jack's relationship to move to the next level. Once it's resolved, it frees TPTB to let Sam be a real leader. Then, they can start throwing new women at Daniel, Teal'c and Cam until something sticks! But if they don't resolve Sam & Jack's love story with a little integrity, I just don't think I'll be able to watch anymore!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X